Rhett & Link

dragmetoguruhell
Learner
Learner

Re: Rhett & Link

Post by dragmetoguruhell »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pm
and now apparently they are doing an 'after dark' style special livestream, called Good Mythical Evening "Adults Only"

https://www.events.loopedlive.com/mythical

"Join Rhett, Link and the Mythical Crew for an evening of LIVE R-rated Mythicality as they take classic Good Mythical Morning favorites and add a little cursing, alcohol, sex, and whatever else is on YouTube’s list of don’ts.
Internetainment has never been so indecent."

:roll:
Did anyone watch that? What could it possibly have been about? They've been really heavy on the TMI shit this year, I don't like it.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

dragmetoguruhell wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Did anyone watch that? What could it possibly have been about? They've been really heavy on the TMI shit this year, I don't like it.
I didn't since you had to PAY for it. I saw a clip on their "Top 5" Countdown - and that was enough to make me cringe and feel nauseous! From what I can gather it was mostly them swearing like teenagers that were without supervision and lots of sex jokes.

I'm not a prude, but this whole 'trying to be edgy' thing they are trying so very HARD to do lately is honestly just downright embarrassing. It's like a Dad trying to join in with their teen and young adult kids, in order to maintain their own youth and try to be 'hip' and all "hello, fellow kids" and they say their the cool dad. While people may laugh on the surface, after the fact everyone's like "dude that's just weird and f!cking creepy!!!"

There was also this - but I cannot stand Ear Biscuits anymore, either. It just ends up Rhett going on rants and trying to be insightful while just being a big ole arrogant prick.

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

Okay is there a bio bout these two online?

Why MYTHICAL?

I am binge watching them. LOVE THEM

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

lol, they really cannot stand criticism, can they?

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by breakfast-princess »

For a brief second I thought about how cool it would be go to to the convention they're having in Austin later on this summer. Then, I remembered how insufferable the fan base can get on reddit, and how they've never touched grass before and how they get offended by the smallest things.
Have you been sleeping, Dale? You got kind of that county fair smell.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Rhett is incredibly self centered with how he operates and projects shit, to make it ALL about him - and its damned annoying. Several times during podcasts he has mentioned moments where he thinks people are watching and thinking about him in ways where no level-headed person does. He needs to lose the 'tude, stat. I literally cannot stand the podcasts because it's shown just how truly unlikable both guys actually are. And how the 'fame' has gone to their heads and they do not live in the real world.

For instance the latest one there was a podcast and he (Rhett) was talking about how they checked into a hotel room with his wife and some rando male friend who was tagging along for the party that was happening there - and he was making jokes that of course the employee thought they were a 'unicorn throuple' which he didn't even get the definition of that right. He kept making out like the attendant totally thought that - but once he told the story, the employee literally never even said a freaking thing. It was all him projecting??? Like who the fuck does that??? Attention seeking much?

He also did this recently with another story about his son, and some girl that he reckons was 'hitting on' on them both? yet also thinking they were a gay couple? in an elevator, and again he says one thing to make you think that's the story, but when he tells it, it's literally not what happened at all, and couldn't possibly have been construed the way he thought, or the way he portrayed....

He just blusters a lot of bullshit, and it frankly fucking annoying, and he never gets called out. Link just goes along - yet Rhett doesn't give Link the same courtesy.

Another time he did this that I recall was when he was talking about hitting some golf balls at one of those golf striking places, and he reckons he 'got an audience' of people, and reckons everyone thought he was a pro, and that he looks like a pro with his hair and shit... Like seriously how desperate do you have to be to bluster like that? and not get called out for it. It's cringe inducing.

I also see Link as a hypocrite, on another podcast they were talking about something about sex before marriage now they are not longer evangelical and holding onto those beliefs - and yet both (but especially Link with his college-aged daughter) were still pushing those beliefs for their kids.... it makes me wonder just how really progressive they are, and if a lot of it is an act. I do not believe they are as liberal as they make out, and Link especially would easily revert back to those conservative beliefs when it came to his daughter, and wouldn't be as accepting as they pretend to be if one of their own kids were actually gay or trans or open relationship, or throupled or whatever.

Sorry just had to rant... The hypocrisy and bluster just do me in.

snopey
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by snopey »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:36 am
Rhett is incredibly self centered with how he operates and projects shit, to make it ALL about him - and its damned annoying. Several times during podcasts he has mentioned moments where he thinks people are watching and thinking about him in ways where no level-headed person does. He needs to lose the 'tude, stat. I literally cannot stand the podcasts because it's shown just how truly unlikable both guys actually are. And how the 'fame' has gone to their heads and they do not live in the real world.

For instance the latest one there was a podcast and he (Rhett) was talking about how they checked into a hotel room with his wife and some rando male friend who was tagging along for the party that was happening there - and he was making jokes that of course the employee thought they were a 'unicorn throuple' which he didn't even get the definition of that right. He kept making out like the attendant totally thought that - but once he told the story, the employee literally never even said a freaking thing. It was all him projecting??? Like who the fuck does that??? Attention seeking much?

He also did this recently with another story about his son, and some girl that he reckons was 'hitting on' on them both? yet also thinking they were a gay couple? in an elevator, and again he says one thing to make you think that's the story, but when he tells it, it's literally not what happened at all, and couldn't possibly have been construed the way he thought, or the way he portrayed....

He just blusters a lot of bullshit, and it frankly fucking annoying, and he never gets called out. Link just goes along - yet Rhett doesn't give Link the same courtesy.

Another time he did this that I recall was when he was talking about hitting some golf balls at one of those golf striking places, and he reckons he 'got an audience' of people, and reckons everyone thought he was a pro, and that he looks like a pro with his hair and shit... Like seriously how desperate do you have to be to bluster like that? and not get called out for it. It's cringe inducing.

I also see Link as a hypocrite, on another podcast they were talking about something about sex before marriage now they are not longer evangelical and holding onto those beliefs - and yet both (but especially Link with his college-aged daughter) were still pushing those beliefs for their kids.... it makes me wonder just how really progressive they are, and if a lot of it is an act. I do not believe they are as liberal as they make out, and Link especially would easily revert back to those conservative beliefs when it came to his daughter, and wouldn't be as accepting as they pretend to be if one of their own kids were actually gay or trans or open relationship, or throupled or whatever.

Sorry just had to rant... The hypocrisy and bluster just do me in.
Eh, just a heads up, Links daughter is very openly bi sexual and has recently ended a relationship with a woman…

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

snopey wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:01 pm

Eh, just a heads up, Links daughter is very openly bi sexual and has recently ended a relationship with a woman…
Literally never heard that, but good for her. Doesn't mean her Dad's any less of a dick, or accepting of it. But I literally don't watch them anymore, they are unwatchable on the cringe factor and fake factor.

Return to “N-Z”