BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Post by snap2it »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:44 pm
I feel like Kat is getting real though. She knows she wasted the money. The money is already wasted, and she’s got the burden of hanging on to all that excess makeup, and this is how she decided to deal with the Pat palettes. She is certainly right that the palettes are old and used now, it wouldn’t be prudent to give them away or sell them.

Kat has two major life events (baby and house move) propelling her to deal with her collection, accept the money loss and move on. Hopefully not buying as much again. Hailey hasn’t had anything similar to propel her, and she went the opposite direction as Kat by instead building a garage room with IKEA drawers to hold everything. I think she hates all of it now, though. One day she will just get fed up and chuck out nearly everything, and sell the IKEA drawers. That’s my bet! ;)
Yes! Well said. The burden having so much makeup that you can do nothing with.

I know I keep saying this. But I still standby throwing makeup that you don't want, wear, need or expired out. Make a fresh start and I think once you get over the initial shock of seeing an empty Ikea drawer you can move on. You can't keep it.

I agree what you said about Kat. Her life has different priorities now. Beauty News was a nice little earner, but with the pandemic and everything happening in the world times have changed.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

For Kat it’s too wasteful just to chuck everything without finding some way to get use out of it. She spent a whole year going through her lipsticks, not that it needed to take so long, but making the videos about it was a way to get a little money back and a topic to film about. I’m pretty sure that in addition to feeling bored over new releases, they decided to take a year or two and use or deal with what they have.

Kat’s got a partner who is working while she does the child care. Even though that’s a huge asset to the child and their family, I’m sure she feels like she also must plan a path for her own return to work as well. Even though you make the deal freely to stay at home as the carer, Kat is no Leighannsays happy to stay home and wear false lashes while her husband makes the living. Working on her personal channel pays for her extras for sure.

Hailey on the other hand gets a government check to stay home with her mom, which makes it more of an official job. She’s had that all along and said it is her main job. I just feel like their motivations to film Beauty News together went in different directions.

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

I don’t think they will come back this year at all. They decided to grow their individual channels yet they post the exact same stuff 😅😅 literally copying each other. Also the constant on their chanels is boring. They are trying to be ever so sophisticated by using indi brands (but only the popular ones obvs) yet they have shit loads of morphe, Colourpop, Jeffrey star etc in their collections. I think it’s just becoming a bit mweh and they will not grow at all and then suddenly decide that easy money is running out so will revive Beauty News.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Embraced_34 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:09 am
I don’t think they will come back this year at all. They decided to grow their individual channels yet they post the exact same stuff 😅😅 literally copying each other. Also the constant on their chanels is boring. They are trying to be ever so sophisticated by using indi brands (but only the popular ones obvs) yet they have shit loads of morphe, Colourpop, Jeffrey star etc in their collections. I think it’s just becoming a bit mweh and they will not grow at all and then suddenly decide that easy money is running out so will revive Beauty News.
I can't see their channels growing. When Beauty News was popular Kat and Hailey's channel never took off.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

It’s funny, I am sort of accustomed to their individual format and I don’t miss Beauty News so much. Instead of snarking about releases they aren’t buying, they are commenting on stuff they are actually trying to use. I don’t watch every video, to be sure. They could certainly bring back Beauty News in a more review format, especially since they have vastly different skin from one another. They both covered Hindash, they could have both done Fenty Skin and got together to talk about how it worked for their skin types.

But they are still wearing a lot of makeup. Full on glam spackle foundation with winged liner and lashes. It’s a bit dated. Sheer serum tints are in now, with targeted concealing. A more natural look they both have nice skin for.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Well, Hailey is off to Perth or wherever to get laid again. This is following him visiting Melbourne in the past month or so. This time she’s planning 12 nights with him, that’s a long time to be away from her mom while collecting care-r money from the gov.

This seems like a fairly serious relationship, or at least a busy sex relationship. I checked out the YouTubers he follows, mostly video gamers and CSGO gaming in particular. I wonder if she would mind living with a couch gamer.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:03 pm
Well, Hailey is off to Perth or wherever to get laid again. This is following him visiting Melbourne in the past month or so. This time she’s planning 12 nights with him, that’s a long time to be away from her mom while collecting care-r money from the gov.

This seems like a fairly serious relationship, or at least a busy sex relationship. I checked out the YouTubers he follows, mostly video gamers and CSGO gaming in particular. I wonder if she would mind living with a couch gamer.
I'm happy that she's met someone. But what is she going to do long term? Can't see Hailey living in Perth.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Maybe Melbourne would be a step up for him.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

So Hailey is moving to Perth, which surprises me. Her boyfriend is FIFO.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

snap2it wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:59 pm
I’m not sure what you mean by FIFO.

But yeah, it does seem fast considering they had 3 get-togethers. But I can’t blame her for trying. I just wonder what she will do for money if she gives up the care allowance. She doesn’t do YouTube enough to make anything, and she’s bored with makeup.

Oh god the makeup…is she really gonna move all those Alex drawers of stuff?

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:07 pm
snap2it wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:59 pm
I’m not sure what you mean by FIFO.

But yeah, it does seem fast considering they had 3 get-togethers. But I can’t blame her for trying. I just wonder what she will do for money if she gives up the care allowance. She doesn’t do YouTube enough to make anything, and she’s bored with makeup.

Oh god the makeup…is she really gonna move all those Alex drawers of stuff?
Oh sorry. FIFO stands for fly in fly out. The boyfriend works on the mines. Hailey said he works 2 weeks on and has 2 weeks at home.

Hailey said she's bringing her dog over. I forgot about all the Alex drawers she has. The plants aren't allowed into WA as there are strict biodiversity laws.

I haven't checked in with Kat for ages. I think she's still trying to get pregnant.

TheEternal
Informer
Informer

Post by TheEternal »

If he works on the mines, i doubt she will have to work

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Kat says she is taking October off YouTube, but didn’t say why. She has put on weight, maybe she is pregnant already and wants to ride out the month with less to do and more rest time. Her toddler is certainly enough to deal with at his age, and I remember her saying she has to work on YouTube stuff at night after he goes to bed.

Guessing Hailey will leave those drawers behind and just take some of her makeup. She will probably fly back often enough to visit. If her brother is the only one left with her mom, maybe she will commute back for some days each month while the boyfriend is working.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

lulugirl765 wrote:

Just to comment about the boyfriend being a CSGO watcher.. I just recently found out about how much of that game has to do with gambling. If he also plays the game.. I wonder if Hailey knows about the gambling aspect and how she'd feel about it? She strikes me as someone who might see it as a red flag if he's really into it.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:18 am
Kat says she is taking October off YouTube, but didn’t say why. She has put on weight, maybe she is pregnant already and wants to ride out the month with less to do and more rest time. Her toddler is certainly enough to deal with at his age, and I remember her saying she has to work on YouTube stuff at night after he goes to bed.

Guessing Hailey will leave those drawers behind and just take some of her makeup. She will probably fly back often enough to visit. If her brother is the only one left with her mom, maybe she will commute back for some days each month while the boyfriend is working.
I haven't checked in with Kat. Hope she is, I remember in one video she said they were trying.

It would be expensive to fly to and from Melbourne from Perth. Perth to Melbourne is about a 4 hour flight.
Angel0925 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:54 pm
lulugirl765 wrote:

Just to comment about the boyfriend being a CSGO watcher.. I just recently found out about how much of that game has to do with gambling. If he also plays the game.. I wonder if Hailey knows about the gambling aspect and how she'd feel about it? She strikes me as someone who might see it as a red flag if he's really into it.
I have never heard of it. But I don't like any gambling, that would worry me, losing money.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

CSGO is a loot crate game, you don’t have to pay anything.

The only reason I thought Hailey might fly back once a month is because with the boyfriend gone for 2 weeks at a time, what would she do in Perth? Sitting around waiting for him to be home isn’t much of a life. Flying home she could look after her mom half the month and make enough videos in her studio for the 2 weeks back in Perth.

TheEternal
Informer
Informer

Post by TheEternal »

well you were right lulu, Kat's about to give birth to her second

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

TheEternal wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:41 pm
well you were right lulu, Kat's about to give birth to her second
Haha yeah I accidentally clicked on her newest video and saw it in the comments. She was such an easy-going mom when Sebastian arrived, I was so impressed with her maturity and just taking everything in stride. A healthy contrast from the narcissists and utter nut job YouTubers in the beauty community. I hope all goes well for her this time around as well!

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Happy for Kat as she wanted another baby.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I keep watching Kat’s IG, but I know she doesn’t post immediately, to preserve her private time. But I’m sure she will put up an announcement at some point.

Return to “A-E”