Michelle Reed: Part 2

Post by tar »

Please continue here. :toss:

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michelle Reed: Part 2

Post by airlocked »

Lmfao Michelle. Listening to her podcast about NYC and she defines "singleness" as dating but not married.

lemon211
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemon211 »

airlocked wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:11 pm
Lmfao Michelle. Listening to her podcast about NYC and she defines "singleness" as dating but not married.
lol she has to because otherwise she would have to admit that she was only single for like a month after she broke up with her high school boyfriend before she starting dating Aidan

Gossipgirl224
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gossipgirl224 »

In her vlog she posted today she took a pregnancy test and said she has taken a few since their marriage. Although she says they aren’t trying because she doesn’t want to have kids yet she doesn’t mention them using any sort of birth control. Does anyone know if they are using anything? She says that he wants kids sooner than she does but it also doesn’t seem like they are trying to prevent it. It’s hard to plan when to start having kids when you are having unprotected sex.

hihello2000
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hihello2000 »

I just listened to Michelle's recent podcast with Aidan and I have mixed feelings?

I think we all generally understand that Michelle's advice comes from a privileged pov, but most of the time she is genuine and the advice is decently solid. Sadly, it was hard to get through most of the podcast because Aidan either interrupted her, dismissed her advice, or gave advice that was wholly irrelevant and/or misinterpreted the person's question. I would personally go mad if someone spoke to me so condescendingly like this.

I'm assuming Michelle just knows how to speak to her audience whereas Aidan doesn't, but I also don't think his advice was helpful or encouraging. Based off of his responses, you can tell he's out of touch of the lives of anyone beyond a cishet white man. On the flipside, Michelle is usually good about disclaimers around personal experience.

A little sad since most of her podcasts, although I take with a grain of salt, are therapeutic for a commute listen, but this one was definitely a little hard to get through.

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

Reviving this since I have a lot of thoughts.

I have been subscribed to Michelle since early (?) 2019. However, she has done quite a few things that have rubbed me the wrong way (and led me to unsubbing).

1) Buying a designer dog (golden retriever) instead of adopting
2) All the advice videos have bothered me ... like you're 22 years old!
3) Never addressing the pandemic. Ever. With a platform like hers, she is not using it responsibly. Even now, she has never addressed vaccines or anything (and given what I read in the old thread, with her family's / Aidan's views on politics, it makes sense)
4) Her saying she wanted to wait 5 years to have kids multiple times, but then how they are going to buy a house this summer and then have kids right away.
5) What led to me unsubbing is how she is always trying clothes on in front of the camera, and CONSTANTLY flaunting her body. Like always turning to the side to show how skinny she is. This was literally negatively affecting my mental health and my own body image!
- related to that: her saying she's "so insecure" about her arms, even though she works out?! It's just so ignorant of those who have actual health issues or who have legitimate struggles with being able to lose or even gain weight. ALSO, just wait for all the body image issues she is inevitably going to have once she starts popping out kids. Not to mention her chronic undereating (despite saying she eats a lot ... okay Mrs. "I had rice cakes with peanut butter and a snack plate for lunch"), likely leading to her hair loss.

ugh

falafff
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by falafff »

Omg I couldn’t agree more.
I totally never want to listen to her life advices: a privileged 23 years old who probably never been in an average medium class person’s shoes… for example: how they saved 50000$… that’s probably her yearly ad-sense revenue alone (if not more), which is a small percentage of an influencer revenue if they have brand deals like her.

Your girl also acts like she’s been married for a long time, lol. She recently mentionned that her wedding prep was like 3 yrs ago. And that her and Aidan have been married for more than a year and a half, LOL. No Michelle, not in January 2022 🤣

Anyway, she thinks she’s very relatable but no :)

2120user2+
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by 2120user2+ »

I caught that too, my wedding was in May 2020, and me and my husband just passed a year and half of being married. Her saying they had been married ‘nearly two years now’ a couple months ago was kinda funny to me. Idk why you would exaggerate by nearly a year?

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

2120user2+ wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:39 pm
I caught that too, my wedding was in May 2020, and me and my husband just passed a year and half of being married. Her saying they had been married ‘nearly two years now’ a couple months ago was kinda funny to me. Idk why you would exaggerate by nearly a year?
Hopefully just a brain fart?!

Seriously though, I mean, hats off to anyone who has confidence. But there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and I think being humble is such an important characteristic. And maybe MR thinks she is humble because of the gentle, lighthearded way she narrates her videos. But seriously, you have so much left to figure out when you are 23! All this financial advice is unreal for someone that young. Like there are tons of financial experts she could direct people to even right on Youtube. I really wonder what she's like IRL if she comes across in her videos like this.

lion13
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lion13 »

lisbu1 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:16 pm

I have been subscribed to Michelle since early (?) 2019. However, she has done quite a few things that have rubbed me the wrong way (and led me to unsubbing).

3) Never addressing the pandemic. Ever. With a platform like hers, she is not using it responsibly. Even now, she has never addressed vaccines or anything (and given what I read in the old thread, with her family's / Aidan's views on politics, it makes sense)
4) Her saying she wanted to wait 5 years to have kids multiple times, but then how they are going to buy a house this summer and then have kids right away.
5) What led to me unsubbing is how she is always trying clothes on in front of the camera, and CONSTANTLY flaunting her body. Like always turning to the side to show how skinny she is. This was literally negatively affecting my mental health and my own body image!
- related to that: her saying she's "so insecure" about her arms, even though she works out?! It's just so ignorant of those who have actual health issues or who have legitimate struggles with being able to lose or even gain weight. ALSO, just wait for all the body image issues she is inevitably going to have once she starts popping out kids. Not to mention her chronic undereating (despite saying she eats a lot ... okay Mrs. "I had rice cakes with peanut butter and a snack plate for lunch"), likely leading to her hair loss.

ugh
lol, someone buying a dog that they've dreamed of getting is kind of a ridiculous reason for someone to rub you the wrong way. i get adopting dogs is amazing and awesome, but so sick of people shaming others for buying from responsible breeders.

she's definitely mentioned lockdowns, wore a mask when it was required, why does she need to talk about anything else? a lot of people are fatigued with what's been going on and watch youtube, tv, movies to escape hearing about everything & last time I checked, a vaccine being taken is someone's private medical choice so why does she need to discuss that with us? she's even declined or tip toed around discussing birth control bc she just isn't comfortable speaking about some medical/health choices.

lastly, i never have felt like she's body shaming people that don't look like her, a lot of influencers describe their body types & show how it looks so that others can use t hat to be visualize pieces. everyone's bodies are different, i'm no where near her body shape & know that, sometimes it motivates me to want to eat healthier & have more of a fitness routine, there's nothing wrong with that. but her showing you a clothing haul triggering you is pretty absurd hahhaha. i don't agree with all her videos or choices but you're reaching!

lisbu1
Talker
Talker

Post by lisbu1 »

lion13 wrote:
lisbu1 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:16 pm

ugh
lol, someone buying a dog that they've dreamed of getting is kind of a ridiculous reason for someone to rub you the wrong way. i get adopting dogs is amazing and awesome, but so sick of people shaming others for buying from responsible breeders.

she's definitely mentioned lockdowns, wore a mask when it was required, why does she need to talk about anything else? a lot of people are fatigued with what's been going on and watch youtube, tv, movies to escape hearing about everything & last time I checked, a vaccine being taken is someone's private medical choice so why does she need to discuss that with us? she's even declined or tip toed around discussing birth control bc she just isn't comfortable speaking about some medical/health choices.

lastly, i never have felt like she's body shaming people that don't look like her, a lot of influencers describe their body types & show how it looks so that others can use t hat to be visualize pieces. everyone's bodies are different, i'm no where near her body shape & know that, sometimes it motivates me to want to eat healthier & have more of a fitness routine, there's nothing wrong with that. but her showing you a clothing haul triggering you is pretty absurd hahhaha. i don't agree with all her videos or choices but you're reaching!
Why are you coming into a gossip forum to be defensive?

I am not going to address anything said here because everyone knows the controversy surrounding breeding dogs vs adopting, as well as the responsibility of influencers to promote health and safety.

I never once said she was body shaming. Ever. She is using her body in video thumbnails and videos and flaunting it. No need to laugh at me and call me weird when I feel like it’s a bit too much for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anonymousinformant
Stalker
Stalker

Post by anonymousinformant »

I find it hilarious that MyHusbandAiden used to be an atheist lmao

falafff
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by falafff »

anonymousinformant wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:28 pm
I find it hilarious that MyHusbandAiden used to be an atheist lmao

Oh is he?? Well I doubted it. I didn’t understand why she acts like they are THE good committed Christian couple, but she mentioned that they don’t pray and do devotions together… Maybe in reality, Aidan is just not as involved as her and she doesn’t want to show that.

falafff
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by falafff »

I like simple living. I’m pretty frugal about my money. I am more of a minimalist person. We don’t like to own a ton of stuff….etc….
Says the girl who buys every new glass that’s just on trend for her iced coffees, every Amazon outfit finds by other influencers. I mean it’s okay to buy all of these, she clearly has the means to. But no use to say the opposite

hihello2000
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hihello2000 »

Not the uncooked flour tortillas and a bulgogi recipe written by a non-Korean person??? If she wants to cook authentic food from other cultures, she needs to actually try lmao. She's so painfully white.

slycaterpiller
Debater
Debater

Post by slycaterpiller »

She’s pregnant.

I wondered when this would happen. Happy for her.

Return to “L-O”