toxic "best friend"

moomoo25
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

toxic "best friend"

Post by moomoo25 »

My ''best friend'' is copying me soo much that you can't even tell who she really is. Every little thing that i start liking she also likes. She stalks me on all of my social medias and is always the first one to view my instagram story, follow me EVERYWHERE. She gets jealous if i don't invite to hang out with my other friends.
When I told her I was looking to find a part time job to get some money for college in a cafe that her and me would always go to and that her sister also works at, she told me that they would never hire me. She probably said that because she is so lazy that she doesn't even get out of her bed or get ready in the morning.
When I used to still be with my ex boyfriend and me and her would be hanging out she used to tell me how funny he is and handsome. Every time that me and her would hang out she is on her phone completely ignoring everything i say. One time she said something really stupid that even a child would know and once i tried telling her that what she said wasn't true she made it such a big deal out of it and tried making her sound like she's right.

I wanted to cut her off but ends up that we are in the same class for the next 4 years and i do not want to look at her for that long anymore. I can not get away from her because she follows me like a shadow. :roll:

Mischief

Re: toxic "best friend"

Post by Mischief »

I don't have any friends lol so probably last person to give advice on friendships but I don't see anyone else replying. It sounds like you already know the answer and are making steps to distance yourself between her. Some friendships grow apart or people change over the years. It sounds like she is very unsure of who she is and is looking at you as someone who has things she wants so she mimics you. The comment about the boyfriend is creepy tbh. She may not realize it but those comments are inappropriate to you and disrespectful for your relationship. You don't have to piss her off or be rude but just be honest with her the reason why you won't be hanging out as much. Perhaps give her a chance to make changes? But do what feels right for you. Sometimes we have to make tough decisions where someone gets hurt. Good look with the situation.
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Re: toxic "best friend"

Post by Selia11 »

I cut off my friends from my freshman year of business school (4 years ago) and it was the best decision that I’ve ever taken.

They were so toxic (they were the mini version of the plastics from mean girls) . They criticized almost everyone, speculating about people and were a bad influence (not on me tho) but I’d get disgusted by their actions. My mental health wasn’t at its best, I was a bit sad and depressed.
I left our groups (consists of 5 girls including me), then 2 other girls left too.

I made other new friends (later became my bffs) and I’m at peace now.

Return to “Friends”