LLYMLRS & ETCLLYMLRS part 2

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LLYMLRS & ETCLLYMLRS part 2

Post by imtakinga_bath »

I think one of Lily’s mistakes was that she was too slow in embracing YouTube - she always seemed more confident/comfortable writing blogposts than making videos, and while other bloggers jumped onto YouTube and started making more and more videos, she was somewhat reluctant and presumably didn’t realise how much YouTube was going to take over and become important/necessary for an online career. It’s funny though because I feel like people are now starting to turn away from YouTube and towards Instagram.

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal »

saywhatyouwant2me wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am

You're not wrong, I remember her being gifted a lime green fiat 500. It stuck out at the time because this wasn't even at the height of influencers getting freebies so wasn't that normal at the time and I had definitely never come across them being given cars. I don't think I've even seen anyone be gifted a car since.
YES! I can't find anything online but I remember being SO shocked that she'd been given an entire fucking car, this was at the time the influencer/brand relationship was growing though... now there are people being gifted £40k kitchens so lending out a car feels pretty run of the mill?
imtakinga_bath wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am
It’s funny though because I feel like people are now starting to turn away from YouTube and towards Instagram.
I also wonder if it's because we all grew up, too? I used to LOVE her blog when I was in uni and Topshop was cool, UO aspirational~ but I'm now 28! We've all grown up, it's not even because she's still shopping in high street stores (and I feel bloggers have all gone a bit more...luxe these days??) it's just there's nothing interesting about the outfits she's putting together, or the content she's creating? she has nothing to say. re-reading her tweets to find that car I realised how dull she was, either boring attempts at humble bragging (left the car keys in waitrose, LONDON LONDON LONDON) or just general whinging.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Lily’s Fiat 500? The mint coloured one? She bought that herself.

I first started working in PR when Lily was *the* UK blogger (before instagram and Youtube) and I think she just became complacent.
Back then blogging wasn’t very monetised. The company I first worked for used to send (mainly) dresses to bloggers and they would feature them for free! The bloggers would literally shoot an outfit post the day they received the dresses too. Which seems a bit mad now, especially considering the same company took bloggers on trips to the US this year.

As for Lily I think she just followed the money. She started Youtube too late and she always had the wrong attitude towards it.
I think if she hadn’t quit blogging and carried on with blogging and instagram (without Youtube) she would still be successful now.

curious
Learner
Learner

Post by curious »

An update from Lily:

elveveien
Talker
Talker

Post by elveveien »

Having followed her off-and-on for some time (in the days where she sold jewellery on her website, anyone remember the approximate year?), I know we've all speculated about her "illness" being "just laziness", well whatever it is I'm glad that she seems to have found a diagnosis and treatment that is helping her in some way.

I can't get past the fact that she never felt good enough to post, yet when she did, she never interacted with people at all? I mean, it's one thing to dodge questions about where you've been and all that, but even questions or comments complimenting how she looks would just go off into dead air.

I do wonder what she has been doing for cash the last year and a bit!

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

elveveien wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 am
I can't get past the fact that she never felt good enough to post, yet when she did, she never interacted with people at all? I mean, it's one thing to dodge questions about where you've been and all that, but even questions or comments complimenting how she looks would just go off into dead air.
She's always been like that though. She's rude and abrasive when she does respond but mostly she just ignores everyone, no matter how nice they're being.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

That's a tough diagnosis at her age. I find her really abrasive but wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

princesspuppy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by princesspuppy »

Seems like she’s only back to post affiliate links for that sweet dollar though...

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

It’s 2020 and Lily Melrose still thinks it is okay to use illnesses as an excuse for being lazy.
I genuinely do think there is something wrong with one of her hands but I don’t believe it is as severe as Lily is claiming.

As usual Lily says she has an illnesses without thinking about the long lasting consequences, arthritis treatment/medicine isn’t an instant cure as she’s suggesting. You can’t go from not being able to put jeans on or walk ten minutes (as Lily claims) to suddenly being cured, even with medication Lily would have difficulties walking long distances, need a wheelchair or stick and probably be awaiting surgery if it was that severe. And still no explanation for why she couldn’t create content pre-teatment/medication but was regularly going to London for hair appointments and blogger trips to Val Thorens of all places!

I think in reality Lily realised there is no easier income than influencing and she has to make more effort and even though it looks like she’s still editing/slimming her photos she has lost some weight.

c0nsciencekilled
Talker
Talker

Post by c0nsciencekilled »

I have to say I'm liking Lily's IG content at the moment, I'm enjoying her fashion and the long hair is a good look on her, she really suits the nose piercing too. I wish she'd come back and make videos just so we can really see what's changed with her but I don't think that'll be happening. She has her flaws but I'm liking the feed.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

randomlygenerated wrote:It’s 2020 and Lily Melrose still thinks it is okay to use illnesses as an excuse for being lazy.
I genuinely do think there is something wrong with one of her hands but I don’t believe it is as severe as Lily is claiming.

As usual Lily says she has an illnesses without thinking about the long lasting consequences, arthritis treatment/medicine isn’t an instant cure as she’s suggesting. You can’t go from not being able to put jeans on or walk ten minutes (as Lily claims) to suddenly being cured, even with medication Lily would have difficulties walking long distances, need a wheelchair or stick and probably be awaiting surgery if it was that severe. And still no explanation for why she couldn’t create content pre-teatment/medication but was regularly going to London for hair appointments and blogger trips to Val Thorens of all places!

I think in reality Lily realised there is no easier income than influencing and she has to make more effort and even though it looks like she’s still editing/slimming her photos she has lost some weight.
My stepdad suffers with quite bad rheumatoid arthritis and he’s been on this infusion treatment for quite a while now which didn’t used to be available in the UK due to how expensive it is.
He gets these infusions once or twice a year depending on his need for them but no more frequent than that.
The first time he had the infusion it took a few days for him to stop feeling poorly and then suddenly after he’d got up for the day he burst out laughing and ran off. Like actually ran! With me and mum screaming at him to stop or he’d ruin his knee operations. But he honestly just didn’t feel pain for a bit so he felt like he could just sprint where he was normally so stiff.
It was amazing. The results are not so astounding now he’s used to the medication and once it begins to wear off at the 8ish month mark the soreness and stiffness returns but I can kinda understand Lily talking about her experience on this miracle treatment. My stepdad still finds the infusions really make all the difference in reducing inflammation and all that.
She may well find it helps less and lasts a shorter amount of time the longer she lives with the arthritis it is degenerative after all but who knows what her experience will be especially with starting treatment so young she may find more success.

Cindersxo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Cindersxo »

c0nsciencekilled wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:19 pm
I have to say I'm liking Lily's IG content at the moment, I'm enjoying her fashion and the long hair is a good look on her, she really suits the nose piercing too. I wish she'd come back and make videos just so we can really see what's changed with her but I don't think that'll be happening. She has her flaws but I'm liking the feed.
Me too :). I think she's doing great.

Adele Dazeem
Learner
Learner

Post by Adele Dazeem »

‘Most people are being super dramatic...’ Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ all this for sandals looool

LolaRuby
Informer
Informer

Post by LolaRuby »

Why does it always sound like she’s slurring?

cristina85
Learner
Learner

Post by cristina85 »

I used to love Lily, her night routines were the best but it seems that she is stuck in that London grunge girl and she is in her 30's right? I agree she must keep her style but is like she is the same exactly since 10 years ago... she only shows super common asos outfits.. and nothing more.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”