Informer
Informer

Re: Kalyn Nicholson (Part 2)

Post by PisaLisa »

Saw this comment was the only one I could find:

Beth Chaplow
Beth Chaplow
4 days ago
I've been following you for a long time and love your content. What I'm inferring from what you're saying and the links that you've posted is that you're anti-vaxx and you're nervous about talking about that publicly. Happy to be corrected but if that is the case, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable watching your content any more. However, I respect your opinion and wish you all the best x
Kalyn Nicholson
Kalyn Nicholson
4 days ago
Hey Beth, I am not anti-anything and don't wish to be labelled as such. I also don't wish to be part of the going division between everyday people based on personal beliefs and private health choices. To be clear, I am entirely pro-medicine, 100% pro-health, very much pro-open debate and more than anything, pro-turning to professionals without incentives when inquiring on anything in that field.
I do have a lot of questions that I wish were being more openly and publicly addressed and answered honestly and transparently by those in charge. I do have concerns for the slippery slope of control given up by things like mandates and censorship of speech, especially when used on professionals in the field with nothing to gain by sharing their unbiased knowledge. And I do understand that you have every right to bring your viewership elsewhere should you ever not agree with my stances, lifestyle or choices. I respect your opinion and wish you all the best as well! ♥️

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

4311BA5B-4055-44B6-9C09-2D97B7D1B6D7.jpeg
B6403607-E96B-4684-88CB-A5A96B259875.jpeg
92347DE6-BD27-4B29-8041-215B38FAED36.jpeg
B1B60A97-664C-48C6-90E7-B233178AD20A.jpeg
455D7D11-0610-4561-AAE1-107E12F8C0AF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Thank you for capturing that. VERY important. I'm sorry but if your response to people calling you anti-vax is "I never said that mAtE peace and love" you're anti-vax. Unfollowing her forever. It's a no for me. She's so fucking condescending.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:13 pm
Thank you for capturing that. VERY important. I'm sorry but if your response to people calling you anti-vax is "I never said that mAtE peace and love" you're anti-vax. Unfollowing her forever. It's a no for me. She's so fucking condescending.
Yeah, where is “mate” even coming from. Does she ever use that term? She’s not Australian lol :roll:

Her obfuscation of her vaccine status really lends itself to her being unvaxed and her tone was incredibly condescending, I agree. I’m on her d!scord and when someone mentioned protests outside of hospitals she said a nurse told her all of the protesters were nurses on break from their shift (and so I guess it’s fine and dandy?)

The longer she goes without clarifying her stance the deeper she digs her own grave here.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

typically the people who are reluctant to share their vaccine status are unvaccinated, so the fact she hasn't just said "i'm vaccinated" and is instead saying shit like "you don't know my vaccine status" speaks volumes.

i noticed the shift with her new boyfriend a few month sback (of course, it's always a personality shift when she gets a new boyfriend) and she started to talk about god/christianity more than she had before. i'd bet anything her new bf is a conservative christian "country boy" and she's just falling in line, because that's what she does with the guys in her life. it's so transparent and in this particular instance, it's actually super disappointing.

lavenderroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lavenderroses »

So glad everyone is on the same page here. I'm pretty sure my YouTube comment was deleted as I wrote that I was disappointed in her and what I assumed was her vaccination status.

What the above commenter said about her boyfriend I totally agree with. It's unfortunate, as I know where she is coming from I think. I used to be very codependent in relationships and it's very unhealthy. Once I figured out I was this way, I've been working to change it. I only wish Kalyn could do the same because moulding yourself to fit a man's expectations etc. is only gonna make you feel like crap.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

lavenderroses wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 am
So glad everyone is on the same page here. I'm pretty sure my YouTube comment was deleted as I wrote that I was disappointed in her and what I assumed was her vaccination status.

What the above commenter said about her boyfriend I totally agree with. It's unfortunate, as I know where she is coming from I think. I used to be very codependent in relationships and it's very unhealthy. Once I figured out I was this way, I've been working to change it. I only wish Kalyn could do the same because moulding yourself to fit a man's expectations etc. is only gonna make you feel like crap.
You’d think she’d have learned by this point. She’s followed this same path so many times and it never ends well. She’s apparently so focused on self awareness and getting therapy and yet she (or her therapist, at the very least) isn’t recognizing this pattern? It’s frustrating to watch someone so focused on teaching something they don’t practice themselves.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

You guys hit the nail on the head.

This is exactly her problem. She changes who she is based on the boyfriend she has at the time and thinks repeating a bunch of new agey stuff makes her immune to that now. She's not dealing with the problem, and she's not formed a sense of self. Very sad to watch.

I know people who are COVID-vax hesitant who are only specifically just that (i.e. other vaccines are good, this one just has me a little thrown, but I'll get it if I need to) and they generally come up with better answers then "I'm not anti-vax and I reject that label but I'm not going to tell you where I do stand on it". She's lost the plot.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

gwynethpaltrow
Learner
Learner

Post by gwynethpaltrow »

haven't watched her in like two years
is she rly trying the cottage core shit? next she'll try van life
will update this after i am caught up

lavenderroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lavenderroses »

I'll be interested to see if she does Youtober this year.

I MIGHT watch if she finally is upfront about her vax status but also her Youtober series has gone downhill for me in the past year or so.

I used to like when she did clothing hauls, makeup, outfit ideas or just accessories. I know people thought those got repetitive but I really liked the "oldies but goodies."

Again, we shall see if she even does it or if she ever says anything about vaccination again....

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

I haven't watched her in a bit. Has she addressed why she's only posting every once in a while now?

AmandaLauraxo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by AmandaLauraxo »

lavenderroses wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am
I'll be interested to see if she does Youtober this year.

I MIGHT watch if she finally is upfront about her vax status but also her Youtober series has gone downhill for me in the past year or so.

I used to like when she did clothing hauls, makeup, outfit ideas or just accessories. I know people thought those got repetitive but I really liked the "oldies but goodies."

Again, we shall see if she even does it or if she ever says anything about vaccination again....
Seems like it's just gonna be "frequent vlogs" SO boring! I miss the videos you are talking about, she seems to have this vibe like now that she lives in the country she doesn't make her traditional videos anymore. They're all boring vlogs about her life.

lavenderroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lavenderroses »

Yeah I saw that... great.

Well now I'm even less inclined to watch. Also she says she will be posting on the Koze channel and gaming one... why not just put those on one like it's so extra.

I am so tempted to ask about vax status (I know I keep bringing that up but I am interested), but at the risk of getting blocked I won't.

skinnylatte
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by skinnylatte »

I watched her Fall morning routine and it’s just not realistic. Coffee, read, dance party, Yoga, spin bike, bullet journal, shower, don’t even think she made breakfast. At the start she was like I’m just getting home from my BFs, so she wasn’t even waking up at home. I don’t care that she was shacking up, but what a weird way to start the video.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

She’s jumped on the Jordan Peterson bandwagon now :roll: I truly have no words. She really emphasizes how “intelligent” and “empathetic” he is in her new vlog (currently it’s easy access for members only) and I just have to laugh. I can’t decide if it’s worth the effort to explain to her how shitty JP is as a person.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

not gonna lie, I really didn't see this fully christian conservative angle coming for kalyn. it makes sense considering her background, but it still weirds me out when these crunchy hippie white women who practice yoga and parrot eastern philosophies and eat vegan wind up being these low key racist/homophobic/transphobic stereotypes. she's 100% testing the waters right now to see whether or not she can be more openly conservative and religious on her channel, and considering the comments on this most recent video, I think she's gonna go full steam ahead.

also, small pet peeve, but it kinda bothers me she spends so much time at her boyfriend's shitty apartment (she apparently edits all her videos there??) with bad decor and ugly couches when she has this absolutely pristine well-styled home. lol.

lavenderroses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lavenderroses »

And I oop.

I guess I should have seen all this coming with her recent videos but it's still disappointing. I really didn't see her going in this direction. Yes, we need to listen to all sides but not when she's low-key being anti-vax, supporting Jordan Petersen it's just such a face palm.

Also like the above commenter said, she edits all her stuff at her boyfriend's place. It boggles my mind that she bought a freaking house with no thought to how she would manage with the internet out where she is. It's legit her JOB to be on the internet and she didn't think that through?

Youtober has been terrible so I'm not surprised but again disappointed. She was easily one of my fave Youtubers mostly because she's Canadian and I am as well. Does anyone have recs for Canadian youtubers who are uh better than this??

Storyteller25
Talker
Talker

Post by Storyteller25 »

I had the same thought. As someone who lives in the country and has my entire life, I'm no stranger to spotty internet. Thankfully, I only have to download word documents to my computer and send the files back in emails once they're edited for my job so it's not that big a deal and I have a hotspot on my phone if I need it. I couldn't imagine having to upload videos. It would take FOREVER, and that's assuming it would even work.

Kalyn doesn't seem like the type of girl cut out for yard work either so I hope she doesn't have a lot of land. I have a four-acre property passed down from my great-grandparents and in the summer and fall, it's a lot of work to keep it looking nice.

Lizzurd
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lizzurd »

sufficientcontact wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am
not gonna lie, I really didn't see this fully christian conservative angle coming for kalyn. it makes sense considering her background, but it still weirds me out when these crunchy hippie white women who practice yoga and parrot eastern philosophies and eat vegan wind up being these low key racist/homophobic/transphobic stereotypes. she's 100% testing the waters right now to see whether or not she can be more openly conservative and religious on her channel, and considering the comments on this most recent video, I think she's gonna go full steam ahead.

also, small pet peeve, but it kinda bothers me she spends so much time at her boyfriend's shitty apartment (she apparently edits all her videos there??) with bad decor and ugly couches when she has this absolutely pristine well-styled home. lol.
Kalyn is so transparent - it's become really obvious from her most recent videos that her bf is a conservative dude who's opinions are influencing her. My pet peeve is girls who completely change based on who they're dating so I am disappointed about this turn of events for her.

Also, her recent rant of "wanting to share my viewpoints and open the discussion and these are SUCH important things to talk about" yet never really saying anything of substance because she's scared of criticism is so so annoying. If you wanna talk about it, talk about it and get it over with. If you don't, then just don't!!! But stop talking so much about wanting to talk about it ffs.

AmandaLauraxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AmandaLauraxo »

I honestly think she just wants everyone to know she has a boyfriend. In the beginning she was like "oooh were gonna keep it private" and now he's in everything and she goes on and on about being at his house all the time like okay we get it. I like her content more when she is single to be honest it seems more authentic. Also disappointed in Youtober and the direction of her channel in general at least last year we got some cute cross country vlogs and scary stories this year is just look at my life and how great it is and my bf is the best ugh boring. I miss the days of her hauls and fall tags and hair/outfit ideas. She has changed her whole brand to fit her "country life" she seems to just constantly change her whole image and brand to fit different things all the time instead of being authentic and herself. She used to be one of my fav you tubers I couldn't wait to watch her new videos now I cringe though most of them its sad.

Return to “Kalyn Nicholson”