Michele Wang

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michele Wang

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s got an IG post up with a photo of Mel and Kelsee. I wonder if she’s responding to criticism more than anything else. "I wish I’d gotten to know Mel better" sounds almost defending, like saying "I didn’t know her so I kept on keeping on." On the other hand putting Kelsee in the photo is sorta saying "I wasn’t a legit friend, didn’t think it my place to comment" but then she had to, even though a professional would have done it just for colleagues. Anyway, yes and to promote the GoFundMe Kelsee set up for Mel’s family. I see on the internet Mel’s net worth is estimated at $2 million so sure, promote away! The family needs it!

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Tried with the clickbaity cry-face video which supposedly has a bit in it about Mel Thompson, but did not get past the obnoxious opening music, the pricey modern espresso machine and the let’s-put-away in the million dollar kitchen. Didn’t care at that point whatever she had to say for the remaining 43 minutes.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I can't watch her videos because she's so detached from common people's lives. I don't feel connected to her on any level and she's not really creative-inspiring to be watching.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Yeah she really isn’t. One reason I joined this forum was to complain about her months and months of peach eye looks last year which nobody seemed to notice. Same look every time like wth she has sooo much makeup. Every new palette she dives right in to the peach like she doesn’t have a gazillion of that shade already. I watch the occasional video now for the products, her swatches are well-lit. I really like her dog but we get so little footage of her it’s not worth tuning in.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

For real! At first I found it kind of refreshing. She's definitely working in a different price bracket than her peers and just so blase and casual about it that I found her fascinating. Like that meme from Arrested Development, "How much could a banana cost? Ten dollars?"

But over time, I found it a bit annoying and while I try not to complain about people's collections, she has amassed A LOT for what she uses. I watch her here and there for the expensive shit, cause you know she's gonna buy it but she never does any interesting looks, imo. Even peachy looks can be unique and interesting, just look at KBeauty.

Also, her decor choices are bland and boring. I wish she would do more with the house.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Her early videos were quite useful, when I started watching her she was buying everything herself, no PR ads or sponsored videos. She had almost a detached, scientific way of talking about makeup in that she would carefully point out the smallest observations that could affect whether you might buy or not buy. Her huge collection served a purpose of comparison swatches. Pointing out small things was so good, because you could talk yourself out of buying something and not get drawn in so completely by the packaging or presentation.

But that approach is no longer desirable on her part once the PR started rolling in. She isn’t going to compare and say another product shade works just as well when her job now is to sell you the thing she is presenting. She won’t point out the negatives so much. It’s all just good to her. So the value of her videos for me is not what they were a few years ago.

For the house, she could just be in a waiting game. Supply chain issues are huge. A friend of mine works for a national company doing bathroom renos and they can’t get in bathtubs, sinks, fixtures, you name it. Everything is back ordered. Then workers too, so many people want stuff done on their house after the pandemic. Got the cash but can’t find people to hire and everyone is overbooked.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

What's up with her wearing super oversized clothes lately? Samantha March posted an IG story where s bunch of influencers we're at Michele's house and Michele is wearing a hideous dress that looks 3 sizes too big. I understand that someone who is older might not want to wear skin tight clothes, but I really don't understand the clothes being that big. It's super unflattering. And I am pretty sure she recently hauled that dress so it's not like she's lost a lot of weight and hasn't gotten new clothes. Plus her clothes seem to be expensive designer pieces, is that just what fashion is now?

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The hauls she has posted are all clothing ordered online. I wonder if she just can’t be bothered to return things. Some of the stuff she orders is fast fashion, like Uniqlo and H & M.

I tried to check out the story, but it has been replaced now with football stadium stories.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pm
What's up with her wearing super oversized clothes lately? Samantha March posted an IG story where s bunch of influencers we're at Michele's house and Michele is wearing a hideous dress that looks 3 sizes too big. I understand that someone who is older might not want to wear skin tight clothes, but I really don't understand the clothes being that big. It's super unflattering. And I am pretty sure she recently hauled that dress so it's not like she's lost a lot of weight and hasn't gotten new clothes. Plus her clothes seem to be expensive designer pieces, is that just what fashion is now?
Michele now has a video out, shopping with Risa and Samantha. Is that the same outing as Samantha posted? Since I missed that video, I can’t be sure. But Michele’s video is sponsored by an eye cream she features right at the top. As soon as she said sponsored video I clicked out. So Michele got her portion of Hermès shopping with the girls paid for by a sponsorship!

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

Her makeup skills are absolutely horrific. She has no concept of which colours complement each other, same boring ass peachy crap on her eyes. She doesn’t know which brush to use for which placement/uses massive brush for outer corner work and cannot blend to save her butt. Is she aware of this is is she so detached from reality that she has no recollection of what makeup artistry looks like. With all that money, she can take lessons from professionals yet she’s stuck in this unblended shitfest she produces.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 am
The hauls she has posted are all clothing ordered online. I wonder if she just can’t be bothered to return things. Some of the stuff she orders is fast fashion, like Uniqlo and H & M.

I tried to check out the story, but it has been replaced now with football stadium stories.
Samantha just posted one of the pictures they took, I attached it. I feel like Michele's dress looked way baggier than it does in the picture, but it's at least something. And I wear plenty of oversized clothes, but in the video it looked at least 3 sizes too big IMO!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

That’s literally brown paper bag color. Really sticks out next to the bright and colorful styling of the others. She really does have some sort of dysmorphia, the dress is nowhere near the size she needs. She isn’t obese at all.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I know some east Asian fashions favor those really loose oversized clothes like what she's wearing. A lot of younger women will wear it; I was talking with a friend about it. I call it the "hobo chic" look. Cause they always look vaguely homeless and the clothes often looks wrinkled. It's a lot of earthy tones, khakis, and creams. Very bland and boring, much like her lately.

I was hoping she'd veer more towards that dignified chic look for an older woman cause she certainly can afford it.

lovetorelax
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lovetorelax »

I can't stand Michele Wang she's so fake and tries to come across as so down to earth and sincere. She is all about the dollar bill and making money off youtube. She would do anything to make money! She is so obnoxiously Fake and untalented yet she knows how to get people to subscribe to her channel and eat up her phoniness.
It is so pathetic how her subscribers buy into her b.s. it is nauseating.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

sofisticat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:43 pm
I know some east Asian fashions favor those really loose oversized clothes like what she's wearing. A lot of younger women will wear it; I was talking with a friend about it. I call it the "hobo chic" look. Cause they always look vaguely homeless and the clothes often looks wrinkled. It's a lot of earthy tones, khakis, and creams. Very bland and boring, much like her lately.

I was hoping she'd veer more towards that dignified chic look for an older woman cause she certainly can afford it.
It’s very New York too, she literally buys cross-body hobo bags as well, as if she still schleps 6 blocks to the subway. It’s so so so not Vegas. The other women with their polished bright colors are more in tune. There isn’t anywhere she needs to go in Vegas that doesn’t have curb pick up or valet parking. It’s too hot for anything else half the time. She would look so good with chic styling. Like Jil Sander slacks—I don’t know, maybe she is a 14 and can’t wear the designers she prefers—but like a Jil Sander look with Chanel low heel sling back pumps, something like that, omg.

I don’t mind YouTubers who work for a living but be more professional about it. Don’t be so obvious and tacky with greed. Don’t do a Hermès shopping trip video using sponsorship content and turn it into an ad. Just as she can afford nice things, she can certainly afford to do an ad-free shopping vlog without using sponsors to pay for it!

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

I briefly sped through the "friends" dinner.............So these "friends" left her with a kitchen full of dishes??? What on earth! my friends never do that to me. I can't stop my friends from doing the dishes and cleaning up. But then again I didn't meet my friends on the internet!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Gossipladylady wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:47 pm
I briefly sped through the "friends" dinner.............So these "friends" left her with a kitchen full of dishes??? What on earth! my friends never do that to me. I can't stop my friends from doing the dishes and cleaning up. But then again I didn't meet my friends on the internet!
That was tacky and very ill-mannered. I don’t know anybody who does stuff like that.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I checked it out too. I will say though, I can't believe Michelle didn't clean as she went. When my family would entertain, my mom taught me to clean in between steps because you'd always be waiting on something, so that was the time to put ingredients up, wipe down counters, soak dishes, etc. and it always saved on cleaning time after.

But yes, how tacky and classless to not help clean up. Even at least clear off the countertops!

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

sofisticat wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:37 pm
I checked it out too. I will say though, I can't believe Michelle didn't clean as she went. When my family would entertain, my mom taught me to clean in between steps because you'd always be waiting on something, so that was the time to put ingredients up, wipe down counters, soak dishes, etc. and it always saved on cleaning time after.

But yes, how tacky and classless to not help clean up. Even at least clear off the countertops!
YES!! I couldn't believe those "friends" literally left the dirty dishes sitting right there at the counter where they ate. What barn where those tacky women raised in?! No way would I be at someone's home and leave my dishes sitting on the table like it is a restaurant. Trashy as hell!

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:04 pm

It’s very New York too, she literally buys cross-body hobo bags as well, as if she still schleps 6 blocks to the subway. It’s so so so not Vegas. The other women with their polished bright colors are more in tune. There isn’t anywhere she needs to go in Vegas that doesn’t have curb pick up or valet parking. It’s too hot for anything else half the time. She would look so good with chic styling. Like Jil Sander slacks—I don’t know, maybe she is a 14 and can’t wear the designers she prefers—but like a Jil Sander look with Chanel low heel sling back pumps, something like that, omg.
I don't think Michele has to change up her style just because she moved to Vegas. Crossbody bags are popular in literally every city in the U.S., as is black and neutral colored clothing. Michele would look ridiculous if she switched it up to sequined tops and stiletto heels, because that is so not her.

Tailoring would make a world of difference though, the oversized look is not doing her any favors. And you can tell she is extremely self-conscious when she's hanging out with these younger influencers, she's always making little comments that give off the impression that she feels like their frumpy old aunt.

Return to “K-O”