leighannsays

microserfs
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: leighannsays

Post by microserfs »

I'm so happy there is a rave section just for leighann! She is one of my favourite youtubers and I have been following her for sooo long. I remember when she used to be super tanned with big brown Texas hair and was strictly a beauty channel. She has grown so much and I absolutely love watching her weekend vlogs. She seems very genuine as well. I really respect that she has a full-time normal job on top of youtube and doesn't complain about it.

I also feel like we have really similar tastes which drew me to her in the first place. I love that even after following her for so long she still introduces me to new TV shows, music, or movies that I have never heard of before. She seems to get into stuff right before it gets super popular too, I remember her talking about Stranger Things and Westworld before any of my friends were, but she doesn't do it in a way that is irritating, like an uber-hipster that wants to be cool, but she just genuinely likes this stuff and will casually mention what she is watching/listening to in her snaps or weekend vlogs.

And in terms of her beauty videos she had gotten so much better at makeup and I love the fact that she still uses a ton of drugstore brands. I use mainly drugstore as well and I love hearing her recommendations because you know she is being honest. When some of the big beauty guru's start talking about some drugstore brand product they love you know the video is going to be sponsored...or they are trying to "connect" with their fans. Leighann just seems so sweet and real and that is really all I wanted to say!

PI88NK
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PI88NK »

Does anyone know where Grant is moving and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dois_juntos
Learner
Learner

Post by dois_juntos »

PI88NK wrote:Does anyone know where Grant is moving and why?
Well, we now know it is LA, and it is likely for work. He is a doctor, but I am not 100% certain where he is in his career, so it may be for a fellowship, or just a new position, no news as to whether or not it is long-term/permanent.

PI88NK
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PI88NK »

Oh yeah I figured now from her vlogs and their road trip! Lol thanks!

Vanadiumlightyear
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vanadiumlightyear »

I’m so glad she finally found love.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She fainted in the bathroom in the early morning and hit her head and broke her elbow. But then she went back to sleep for some reason before getting up and going to the ER. Much more discussion on this in her Trash thread

booknookie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by booknookie »

Wow, no one has posted here in three years!

I've been watching her for years (since she started, almost) and it's come to the point where I feel like I actually know her. Not personally of course, but I'm interested in her vlogs, which were always my favorite.

I'm not sure I can explain this well, but it's not like I don't see where people might have issues, but most seem so steeped in jealousy. She's gorgeous, seems nice, and loves her family. My favorites of her family are her mother and Mary and Cherveejay (sorry about spelling).

It's hard to have perspective of someone who is just coming to her vlog and I hope she picks up more viewers who are interested in pregnancy. Despite her troubles, she's been really positive and presented things pretty factually and with a glass-half-full attitude. I contrast this with Colleen Ballinger who I once loved and now absolutely loathe who was so, so , so, self-involved, so lookit me, lookit me and whiny during her pregnancy, I stopped watching her and anyone related to her (although when her ex and his adorable new wife post vids I do watch those). Colleen Ballinger desperately needs to watch the Amy Schumer series and see how she handled a 10x more horrible daily experience during her pregnancy (spoiler: a million times better than Ballinger).

To me, I really enjoy LeighAnnSays vlogs. My husband will watch with me and he is less taken with it all, but at least he does watch. As I said, I feel invested in her and in a good way. I don't do instagram, Twitter, etc. regularly and I know she posts there a lot, but the YouTube vids are fine for me.

Initially people talked bout how she never discussed her personal life. I think she was very guarded and understandably so. But she's opened more, it's light and fun. She is never divisive and there's nothing obvious that would make someone dislike her (except for someone's own bias and visceral opinion), it's light and engaging.

I would recommend her to anyone who wants someone who is chatty, it's like having a friend you look into every week, check in with. And, also anyone who is pregnant, obvi.

Makemeblush
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Makemeblush »

I hate that this section is so much less utilized than the trash section, but alas, this is the internet. I've watched Leigh Ann for years! Since she was in her parents house still. It feels very much like we've grown up together as her life dybamic has shifted from single and fabulous to married mama. It's been such a fun journey with her. My heart is absolutely in pieces for her, Grant, and especially baby Lucy right now. I just want to cover them in prayer, positivity, and healing thoughts.

I think the world needs more on the love side of things. I hope this (and similar threads) grows!

Return to “leighannsays”