Fran Meneses / Frannerd

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Fran Meneses / Frannerd

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

I didn’t see an existing thread on her, so I’m starting one here!

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Fran Meneses / Frannerd

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Important note before reading: I do not care if someone is gay, bi, transgender, etc. This is not a post about gender and sexuality. It is merely a post about lying, manipulation, and emotional abuse.

I used to love her channel and thought she was so relatable, compared to other youtubers, because she seemed like a genuinely nice, empathetic and down to earth person.

But I’m kind of… disappointed in her? Idk if that’s the right word to use, but…yeah. Her recent behavior has not been relatable. It’s been cruel.

Why are we PRAISING her for essentially LYING to her husband, family and friends for YEARS?! I just do not believe that she only just realized she was gay. You don’t just wake up one day and realize you’re gay. She knew she was gay, and still decided to marry a man anyway. She wasn’t comfortable with coming out or being gay? Fine, that’s her prerogative. But that doesn’t excuse what she did to Ed. It’s emotionally abusive. And her saying she “only just found out” is an excuse so she doesn’t have to reflect or take responsibility for the damage she’s done.

I don’t care if her family was conservative, or societal pressures or blah blah blah… she CHOSE to manipulate and lie to him for years, and now she wants some sort of gold metal?! It goes beyond just being gay….she had no problem lying to her husband, to the extent of trying to have a BABY with him, knowing full-well she probably DIDN’T actually want a baby and DIDN’T even want to be married to a man? Wtf?! And somehow SHE is the victim here?!

And now Ed has to sit in front of the camera and be super supportive (even enthusiastic) about this, and comfort HER…when his whole marriage/life was essentially a lie. Wowwww.

The point I’m trying to make here is: She’s not some hero. You can discover your sexuality without being an asshole and using other people and pregnancies as collateral damage in your life.

Hellyeahman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hellyeahman »

Tbh I was relieved to see that other people also don't believe her lies. I used to like her and thought her journey was an interesting one, even though she was winy almost all the time (even before 2019). But I have a muuuch bigger issue with her than just 'lies for so many years'.
I think she is lying RIGHT NOW. TO all her fans and everyone who can see, because who can see? Immigration workers.

Now, after seeing or so many videos of hers, I am watching the new ones... and all I see is LIES. I am a huge supporter of gay people, but here all I see is a girl who uses gay people as a beard to get her visa. It is so convenient - to use fans and gay people to claim visa, which otherwise she won't get.
She used Ed to travel all around the world , because she was just sitting on him all these years. I don't know what is the situation now with Ed's visa, but she wants to stay in NY so bad, and since she failed to be accepted in the US as a 'talent' I see that she is using this gay thing.

I do not believe a word of what she is saying. Pity to see such a hypocrisy. She was using Ed and her fans and now she is using everyone and also gay people to get what she wants. Pretending to be a lamb. What a shame.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Hellyeahman wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 am
She used Ed to travel all around the world , because she was just sitting on him all these years.
I totally agree with this sentence. Regardless of whatever she identifies as, she 100% stayed married out of convenience.

Adding to that: Ed always seemed like the ambitious one (getting his PhD, constantly doing projects, etc), and she just kind of… tagged along. She has always been unhealthily codependent with Ed and he was kind of her metaphorical safety blanket, both emotionally and financially. There’s no way she would have the guts to live/travel around the world for long periods of time without having someone with her (literally) holding her hand. She also wouldn’t have been able to support herself on her income alone as an illustrator, and (if she was single) she definitely would’ve had to get an additional job.

ololote97
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by ololote97 »

this thread is dead but finally i found some place to snark about her. She loves to play the victim that's why i stopped watching her videos, absolutely she manipulated Ed and her followers all the time and uses the lgbt card to avoid the snark on her.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

ololote97 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:03 pm
this thread is dead but finally i found some place to snark about her. She loves to play the victim that's why i stopped watching her videos, absolutely she manipulated Ed and her followers all the time and uses the lgbt card to avoid the snark on her.
i'm tempted to check her out. maybe we can revive the thread
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

^^ I agree, we should definitely revive this thread.

I’ll start.

Isn’t this illustration incredibly ironic and hypocritical? This is exactly how her marriage went: she claims (to this day!) to be “best friends” with Ed, and yet she lied to him and kept secrets for years. She created this exact “conflict” in her life that she claims she hates in TV shows, which she could’ve just avoided by being honest and by not being manipulative from the beginning. **slow clap for lack of self-awareness**

I can’t believe she almost dragged a child into this mess (I know that’s hitting below the belt since she miscarried, but it really highlights how messed up and narcissistic she is).
6D612EA0-469B-4899-ADB1-BD66DFE18606.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ololote97
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ololote97 »

Ed and Fran used to have a podcast in spanish and omg you can hear Ed saying how bad he felt about it, how he has done therapy to try to supoort her but they were insisting in being friends because of her and her depression and because she didnt have anyone else but him even when she loves to talk about her new dates, this was like 2-3 months later after she came out as a lesbian. I think thats so disrespectul towards him, I really believe they should have took their distance at least for a while instead of that. Also they were lying in order to Fran being able to get her green card i know that because she was so fool to post it on Patreon and asked everyone to keep the secret.

Frannerd used her hispanic community and once she got famous (in art community) she forgot about them, sometimes i see how she replies only commentaries in english in her patreon and youtube chanel when the most part of them are in spanish, she makes only videos in english etc.
Last edited by ololote97 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

ololote97 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:14 pm
Ed saying how bad he felt about it, how he has done therapy to try to supoort her but they were insisting in being friends because of her and her depression and because she didnt have anyone else but him even when she loves to talk about her new dates, this was like 2-3 months later after she came out as a lesbian. I think thats so disrespectul towards him, I really believe they should have took their distance at least for a while instead of that.
That’s so emotionally abusive of Fran to make him stay around. She needs to grow up.

Also Ed must have really low self esteem, because it’s so odd how someone can be so woke/pc when it comes to her…but he doesn’t see how toxic this situation is for himself. He deserves better.

ololote97
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ololote97 »

Also Ed must have really low self esteem, because it’s so odd how someone can be so woke/pc when it comes to her…but he doesn’t see how toxic this situation is for himself. He deserves better.

Anyway now that Fran has a green card she's not hanging out with him that much at least she's not posting more about it. I guess Ed isn't useful for her anymore.
Last edited by ololote97 on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hubert2000
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Hubert2000 »

I’m glad I’ve found some people who agree with me on this subject! I was with someone for a long (long) time who turned out to be gay and it involves a lot of deception, gaslighting and manipulation for someone to use a partner to cover up the fact that they’re gay. I’ve been following Fran Meneses since about 2015 and absolutely loved her in the beginning, but started seeing cracks appear in what she does. Then she came out as gay and, as someone on here said, made herself out to be the victim, without seeming at all apologetic to Ed for wasting those years of his life where he could be with someone who truly loved him and potentially have had a family with someone genuine.
I also think a lot of what she says is very premeditated. She talked about vulnerability a lot in her YouTube videos after watching the Brené Brown Ted talk and really ran with that. She realised that to get a lot of followers she should talk about her bad mental health, anxiety, depression, family problems etc etc. I find a lot of it manipulative. Even in her most recent video where she talks about using sponsored videos, or whatever it is, she goes on about how scared she is. Why does she have to be scared every five minutes? Just to monetise her ‘vulnerability’? She must have quite a nest egg now to fall back on, surely she doesn’t have to be scared anymore.
I was really disappointed when she talked about smoking weed on her podcast too, if you suffer from anxiety that’s the last thing you should be doing, and she always talks about self improvement, looking after your mental health etc. I assume she has a lot of young listeners, that seemed pretty irresponsible and hypocritical to me.
I find it pretty pretentious that she’s now introducing herself as an ‘author’. Surely you would wait until you’ve had your work published to describe yourself as that. I would anyway.
Totally agree about the stuff about the visa too!

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Hubert2000 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:08 am
I’m glad I’ve found some people who agree with me on this subject! I was with someone for a long (long) time who turned out to be gay and it involves a lot of deception, gaslighting and manipulation for someone to use a partner to cover up the fact that they’re gay. I’ve been following Fran Meneses since about 2015 and absolutely loved her in the beginning, but started seeing cracks appear in what she does. Then she came out as gay and, as someone on here said, made herself out to be the victim, without seeming at all apologetic to Ed for wasting those years of his life where he could be with someone who truly loved him and potentially have had a family with someone genuine.
I also think a lot of what she says is very premeditated. She talked about vulnerability a lot in her YouTube videos after watching the Brené Brown Ted talk and really ran with that. She realised that to get a lot of followers she should talk about her bad mental health, anxiety, depression, family problems etc etc. I find a lot of it manipulative. Even in her most recent video where she talks about using sponsored videos, or whatever it is, she goes on about how scared she is. Why does she have to be scared every five minutes? Just to monetise her ‘vulnerability’? She must have quite a nest egg now to fall back on, surely she doesn’t have to be scared anymore.
I was really disappointed when she talked about smoking weed on her podcast too, if you suffer from anxiety that’s the last thing you should be doing, and she always talks about self improvement, looking after your mental health etc. I assume she has a lot of young listeners, that seemed pretty irresponsible and hypocritical to me.
I find it pretty pretentious that she’s now introducing herself as an ‘author’. Surely you would wait until you’ve had your work published to describe yourself as that. I would anyway.
Totally agree about the stuff about the visa too!
THIS. 100% agree.

Hellyeahman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hellyeahman »

Rosie34567-2 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:42 am

I can’t believe she almost dragged a child into this mess (I know that’s hitting below the belt since she miscarried, but it really highlights how messed up and narcissistic she is).
After seeing what she is posting now I wonder if there is any truth in any of her videos. She lied all the way to poor Ed, who is apparently a typical naive geeky soul. Where would she be now without him ? She constantly winy and uses her fans to pay for her comfortable life in NY (which is expensive af, do you think you could survive by selling second-hand shirts? hell no). She uses the gay card (is it true through? is she gay? I doubt it) to stay in the US, and to gain more attention to her channel. So she could make money.

Drama sells. 'Oh poor me' sells. Lies apparently served her well throughout life, so she continues to use it to fool subscribers. :?

Hellyeahman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hellyeahman »

Hubert2000 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:08 am

wow. just wow. I didn't know about that, and it makes everything 983 times worse. This is hypocrisy and manipulation. Total disrespect to your fans - people who pay you money and make your income. All the lies and again - all the drama, which is real? Not real? Who knows, maybe it is all a show to get followers and to keep old ones donating more money. None of use would know what the REAL situation is, where they live and how much money she makes and what relationships she has with Ed and others. If what they say is true - it looks bad. Very bad for her. I would advise Ed to run away from that manipulative sociopath as fast as he can. If it is not true - then oh wow, someone lied on the internet... not big news. But disgusting nevertheless.

ololote97
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ololote97 »

Hellyeahman wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:02 pm
She constantly winy and uses her fans to pay for her comfortable life in NY (which is expensive af, do you think you could survive by selling second-hand shirts? hell no).
THIS!! I went to check her IG, she's not posting really often anymore and as far as I know her merch is not selling well so can't figure it out how's she able to afford her life in NYC, she pays a rent for a studio in BK, she has a nice apartment not so far from her studio, all her new devices, clothes, doing her hair, travelling to her hometown. I mean HOW??? is really that lucrative Patreon?

Guess what... on her patreon stories she's still hanging out with Ed.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

ololote97 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:20 pm
she's still hanging out with Ed.
Omg. Ed has the biggest case of Stockholm Syndrome lol.

Hanging out with an ex in general is usually pretty toxic for everyone involved, but this particular situation seems extra f-d up.

Return to “F-J”