Saturday Night Live

Izabella

Saturday Night Live

Post by Izabella »

Anyone watch it? I've been following it for maybe the past 3 seasons and watched some old seasons.

Thoughts on the new season? It's been okay so far, some really funny sketches and some really stupid sketches.
The 50 Shades of Grey skit on the Miley episode was hilarious, and I liked the opening government shut down one. A lot of them were stupid though- the girlfriends talk show, the cheerleader, the poetry teacher, etc. etc.
And I miss "The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started A Conversation With At A Party" and "Stefon" on Weekend Update :(

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Saturday Night Live

Post by Angie V »

I haven't seen any of the new episodes but I've watched it a lot when Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey and stuff were on it and loved it then! My favorite skit ever was the Debbie Downer one with Lindsey Lohan as guest. I can watch it over and over and I'll still tear up from laughing xD I think that season is on Netflix (or it used to be at least). So funny. It's always really funny when Jimmy couldn't hold it in.
imma ball til the day i fall

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

The netflix versions remove the musical guests and even delete some skits :( so I always look for episodes online
I tried googling and youtube-ing that skit but nothing is "available in my country" grr, do you know exactly what season/episode it was? Maybe I'll see if it's on Netflix. Debbie Downer was always a funny character.
I know a lot of people couldn't stand Kristen Wiig but she was hilarious, almost all her characters cracked me up. Bill Hader was also really good, I'm going to miss them. Taran Killam who's new seems like a very promising lead male though so hopefully he can hold his own, also Vanessa Bayer has some funny characters too.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I THINK it was the last episode of season 30, which is on netflix. It was hosted by Lindsay Lohan and it was the first appearance of Debbie Downer. (came out in 2004)

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

Everyone's gone now from when I started watching (except for Seth Meyer, Keenan Thompson and Bobby Moynihan),plus I've watched a lot of the earlier seasons. Just not the same anymore. It is still funny. I watched Miley's episode and I felt like she was a totally different person...it bugged the shit out of me, because I could tolerate that version of her. They should stick to having just actors hosting though because occasionally when they have singers host, they can't act well (ex. Justin Bieber, could barely keep from laughing).

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Angie V wrote:I THINK it was the last episode of season 30, which is on netflix. It was hosted by Lindsay Lohan and it was the first appearance of Debbie Downer. (came out in 2004)
Aw man, I watched the episode and they cut out the debbie downer skit :(
It had such a great cast during those seasons though!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

^ really??? I remember watching that with my old college roommate on netflix and we would rewind that part just to see that skit again. That's really lame!

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Drake was amazing on SNL last night :lol:

Orlando1669
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Orlando1669 »

Yeah I used to love SNL <3

Orlando1669
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Orlando1669 »

Who is the best recurring guest host?

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Orlando1669 wrote:Who is the best recurring guest host?
Yaaaay, just came across this thread! I love SNL so much!

Scarlett Johansson has got to be my favourite recurring guest host, she's hilarious! This is one of my faves from her: and this one:

I loved this one from last week and laughed hysterically:
Leslie is the queen and Chadwick Boseman has got some serious moves! :rofl: :rofl:

I have so many more favourite skits, but I don't want to bombard you!

What are your favourite skits?

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I love how SNL uploads every show to YouTube right after it airs now. I wish they'd go through their catalog and do that for all older episodes.

Kelly45
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kelly45 »

I loved to this show!

GR_Society
Stalker
Stalker

Post by GR_Society »

It's common for viewers to have different preferences and opinions about specific sketches and characters.

Return to “Comedy”