itsanneke
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Fashion Week D-Lister InTheFakeSustainabilityTrain - Part 6

Post by itsanneke »

calabazarock wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:32 pm
So the biiiig secret project blabla is a jewelry collection.
A collab, no less.

Ingrid1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ingrid1 »

I subscribed a bit earlier in this year so Ive watched her now for a few months. I think I lost it when she made a big deal about the puppy and called it a big announcement. It was such click bait. God no one cares if you get a puppy.

Also is it just me or does she act overly happy all the time? It just seems so fake. No one is that happy. Every single time she turns on her camera, it's all about what she bought new, look at my new Zimmerman summer dress that I am going to "wear into the winter" even though it is all white, look at my new Kelly bag, look at my new Balmain sweater. Girl, read the room! Its COVID19 and no one is going anywhere People have lost their jobs and those who still have their jobs are mostly working in scrubs or in sweatpants. We dont need you to sell your shit to us. And I am certainly not going to spent 700 pounds on a white linen dress in September to sit on the floor of my bedroom like you do. You must be out of your mind.

I also notice that she doesnt really disclose what she got for free. She doesnt label her videos as ads. She is not honest. In the description box, she might star some things that she got gifted. But, yeah, she is still not straight forward and honest about the fact that she is really just a glorified salesperson on YouTube. This dishonesty bothers me (as well as her ugly grey hair which clashes with her yellow skin tone but to each their own). I prefer other youtubers SO much better. There are so many lovely YouTubers out there who make bank on youtube but are so much more honest and upfront with what is an ad or paid partnership and what isn't.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

Ingrid1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 am
I subscribed a bit earlier in this year so Ive watched her now for a few months. I think I lost it when she made a big deal about the puppy and called it a big announcement. It was such click bait. God no one cares if you get a puppy.

Also is it just me or does she act overly happy all the time? It just seems so fake. No one is that happy. Every single time she turns on her camera, it's all about what she bought new, look at my new Zimmerman summer dress that I am going to "wear into the winter" even though it is all white, look at my new Kelly bag, look at my new Balmain sweater. Girl, read the room! Its COVID19 and no one is going anywhere People have lost their jobs and those who still have their jobs are mostly working in scrubs or in sweatpants. We dont need you to sell your shit to us. And I am certainly not going to spent 700 pounds on a white linen dress in September to sit on the floor of my bedroom like you do. You must be out of your mind.

I also notice that she doesnt really disclose what she got for free. She doesnt label her videos as ads. She is not honest. In the description box, she might star some things that she got gifted. But, yeah, she is still not straight forward and honest about the fact that she is really just a glorified salesperson on YouTube. This dishonesty bothers me (as well as her ugly grey hair which clashes with her yellow skin tone but to each their own). I prefer other youtubers SO much better. There are so many lovely YouTubers out there who make bank on youtube but are so much more honest and upfront with what is an ad or paid partnership and what isn't.
Ever since her wedding I've had the feeling she has sold her entire life and being to brands. I don't dislike her personally but everything she does is commercial.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

She sold “half of her luxury collection” because she “doesn’t need that many bags,” and what does she do? She uses the money to buy another Hermès handbag. :roll: I’m so over influencers using declutters as an excuse to just to buy more stuff.

Also (idk what the laws are in the UK, and US influencers do this too) but it just seems SO SHADY how she sells and profits from gifted PR items. Lydia Millen does this all the time. She probably made thousands from selling those (mostly gifted) bags. At the very least, the money should go to charity or something. It’s just...wrong.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

I should've known better than believe that her almost-crying sad face in the thumbnail and "WE GOT BAD NEWS" in the title were about real bad news. They can't renovate their garden this month... that's it. I get that she was excited (apparently) but this type of clickbait in these times doesn't sit well with me. I literally thought someone was sick or something happened to Boe or whatever. And talking about Boe, Victoria take-one-picture-without-Boe challenge, please lmao.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

What's up with all the hotel stays lately? It's not only Victoria but so many influencers are doing staycations because they can't travel. Does she think trips are fine just because she's not going far away? Staying in a hotel for no good reason (just because she and her husband 'deserve it'?) isn't any more responsible because she's not flying.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

It's just me posting here now lmao it almost makes me feel bad.

Why is she showing her bra in every reel and video and picture now? I really don't know what she's trying to do with that but then again I'm not one to particularly enjoy watching people get dressed on reels, so...

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

itsanneke wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

Why is she showing her bra in every reel and video and picture now? I really don't know what she's trying to do with that but then again I'm not one to particularly enjoy watching people get dressed on reels, so...
I don’t watch those, but I’m sure she’s doing it for attention because it gets more views. It’s very ironic for someone who claims to be such a #GirlBoss

Casamia2
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Casamia2 »

itsanneke wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

I get the feeling she’s trying to emulate/copy Leonie Hanne, who does all those designer get-dressed-reels wearing expensive lingerie and the like. These women trying to tantalise us with their non-existent sex appeal! (Just my opinion)

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

In her feb 14 video she got so whiny about Alex cooking, if my bf did that to me I'd tell him to go do it himself. She makes Alex do double the amount of food even after he said it would be so much work, then she pushed through her preference for dates even though he wanted to use something else, and then she's bitching about the size of the balls he was rolling (that she said she'd help with but didn't) and when Alex said she hadn't done anything she was like "I've been doing the dishwasher!" I would be so annoyed omg.

calabazarock
Informer
Informer

Post by calabazarock »

I went and watch the bit about the balls, she was so annoying.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

Her style is so incredibly unrelatable, she dresses like a grandma

Ingird2
Learner
Learner

Post by Ingird2 »

did she get surgery or fillers or something? her face looks really different but i cant put my finger on it. I just watched her latest video after about a 6 month break.

goconnectme
Learner
Learner

Post by goconnectme »

She popular with fashion labels because she’s skinny and blonde... she comes across completely dislike or and boring. And her husband is super butters.. does he just stand around taking photos of her?

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

goconnectme wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:17 pm
She popular with fashion labels because she’s skinny and blonde... she comes across completely dislike or and boring.
I found her likeable and humble in the past but something has changed. I don't know what it was for me

Return to “Inthefrow”