True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Superdelusional Standard Poodle - Julia Graf Part 5

Post by pandachan »

Gutemine wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:25 am

As for your question, I can recommend https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwyWUX ... SZjvpO0u8Q How to Switzerland with Sarah Nourse. I love her videos and she seems to like what she is doing. However, she stopped recording videos when she was stuck in the US due to covid I guess. Last week she found a way to get back to Zurich, so I hope she will resume her Youtube activities.
Haven't watched Julia in ages, she just got super boring, and you could feel her entitlement and jadedness in her videos. Thank you for the recommendation, I love Switzerland and couldn't find anyone, who is living there and is also on Youtube. Funny how Sarah has 64K subscribers, but gets views from 10 to 100K, while Julia has 752K subscribers and can barely scrape together 5 to 10K views. At this point she really just should admit defeat and leave YT.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

Julia isn't even trying to do vlogmas or anything this year. She did last year (or the year before, can't remember) and a lot of youtubers put out more vids in December to get more money. I guess she really is over it.

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

I check her twitter from time to time. I'm not saying that people can't complain about the USA politics, from all sorts of places, as it affects many countries. However, Julia only complaining about USA politics and how it's run, just makes me want to tell her to stfu. She's Canadian and Swiss. Why not have any comments on that? Even those countries are not perfect. Perhaps that would require work and knowledge as to what is going on in those countries in order to have an educated opinion on it. What she says about the USA isn't even anything groundbreaking, and usually things that most people already know. It's like she's trying to get clicks on it, but nobody cares that she says it.

Gutemine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Gutemine »

Wizart wrote:I check her twitter from time to time. I'm not saying that people can't complain about the USA politics, from all sorts of places, as it affects many countries. However, Julia only complaining about USA politics and how it's run, just makes me want to tell her to stfu. She's Canadian and Swiss. Why not have any comments on that? Even those countries are not perfect. Perhaps that would require work and knowledge as to what is going on in those countries in order to have an educated opinion on it. What she says about the USA isn't even anything groundbreaking, and usually things that most people already know. It's like she's trying to get clicks on it, but nobody cares that she says it.
This just made me realize, that she blocked me on Twitter because I dared to question one of her post. Image I wasn't even rude or aggressive. But as I said, I couldn't care less about her. Whiny child throws a tantrum.
Last edited by Gutemine on Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

NEWSFLASH! Julia wants to "start posting" Odin walks and see if people like it.

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Is it just me, or did she delete the entire content on that channel, just to post this same thing with that revolutionary, cringey voice-over?

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

ghoulish_babe wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:48 pm
Is it just me, or did she delete the entire content on that channel, just to post this same thing with that revolutionary, cringey voice-over?
Which channel are you talking about?

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Dandelion wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am
ghoulish_babe wrote:
The one on which she posted yesterday. I don't know what it was called, she renamed it to "Julia Graf - Life in Switzerland".

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

Fine, try the next thing with vlogging or whatever, but be original about it. Don't just rip off Jona Jinton. What the heck is that slow way of speaking for the voice over for the video? Since when does she talk like that? It's like she binge watched Jona Jinton, saw that she's successful and is trying that as the next thing.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

ghoulish_babe wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 am
Dandelion wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am
ghoulish_babe wrote:
The one on which she posted yesterday. I don't know what it was called, she renamed it to "Julia Graf - Life in Switzerland".
Thanks, I wouldn't have found that by myself.

What the actual fuck? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That voice-over is so fake. Her forced way of talking is painful to listen to, and Julia's naturally grating voice comes through every other sentence. What's the point of pretending to be someone you're not? And those leggings do nothing for her.
I think Julia should do a year of voluntary social service if she doesn't want to go back to a regular job. At least then she'd get some perspective and have something to talk about. She has been stuck in her rut for so long, another failed channel is not going to do it. She desperately needs to get out into the real world.

Lollygagger
Learner
Learner

Post by Lollygagger »

Why would she delete all the old vlogs? Wtf. The new one was beautifully shot, I've always liked her Switzerland vlogs, but yeah - did not enjoy the Jonna Jinton voiceover. And she talked about how nature vlogs are a lot more effort than setting up lights and filming makeup... uh Youtube is your job. Put the effort into it or get another job?

Gutemine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Gutemine »

It wouldn't be bad to have a vlog-channel. But only making it for the viewers is the wrong approach. It should come from her own motivation and her willing to show every different angle of her country. But my guess is that this whole project it bound to fail after a couple boring and comparable videos.
I checked in on Twitter and she really blocked me in November. I could still read her suffering from period cramps-tweet and was about to post that this sounds to me like perimenopause symptoms. I refrained from posting it, to avoid getting blocked, but my "not a lockdown" post got me anyway, strangely enough a few days after having posted it.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

It's kind of funny to hear her say how much effort goes into the nature vlogs because I remember a few years ago when she said how much effort it took to do the makeup videos lol. I am a little disappointed she deleted all the old videos as there were a couple that I liked on there.

That said, I'm glad that she finally addressed not being interested in makeup. It's mostly because she didn't get views, not just because she isn't interested in makeup anymore. But hopefully she can have a better attitude and she likes the new direction. We'll see..

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

^ If she finds filming and editing to be such a struggle (after more than a decade), she is obviously not cut out for it. She should be doing this in her sleep by now, like other experienced professionals. Of course good work always requires effort and dedication, but Julia moans way too much about trivialities, and her videos are not really that good compared to what's out there. Anyone can take good quality photos or videos with their phone nowadays, so you need to be really good if you want to be better than average, which Julia is just not. Sure, Switzerland is beautiful, but anyone could get those shots on a nice day.

maple_buttercream
Debater
Debater

Post by maple_buttercream »

It's good that she finally came out and said she's over makeup videos.
I think she's leaning into the Switzerland aspect now because it's the only thing really unique about her "brand" or whatever.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

Oh, Julia, already complaining in her new vlog lol. That was faster than I thought it would be lol. But yeah, her voiceovers sound so fake.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Oh god she has a new account: juliagrafphoto

For photos, obviously.

kevavz
Debater
Debater

Post by kevavz »

I'm surprised Julia has a new instagram account as well. I would have thought she would want as many followers as possible. I actually find her decision to make a new account very interesting. She will never has as many followers. It's nice that she recognizes that.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

I don't get it at all. Her old account was mainly photography, anyway. And just now she shared a DIY post on her photography account. What is she doing? Seems like random shit to me. And I hate those pictures of herself in flowy skirts. She should get a model if she wants them to look good, otherwise it's just vanity.

Yey
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yey »

I’ve just checked and Simone Simons doesn’t follow her back in the new account. Oof.

Return to “Julia Graf”