Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Post by chocolatebunny »

Bloopina_ wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:42 pm
chocolatebunny wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Sarahbat04 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:22 am
Did you guys notice that her and her old housemate Sam don’t follow each other anymore? They don’t interact on any recent pictures, either. It looks like the last time that happened was October 1st. I’m not surprised.
I checked and she is still following Sam.. haven’t seen any interactions lately though, or even mentions. Weird since they’re still living together for the time being.
Sasha is following her but Sam isnt following sasha. It's odd that sam hasn't appeared on sashas insta despite being roommates. But they have to be somewhat ok if sam is looking after the dogs during sashas visits to london.

Anyone else get the sense that sasha burns bridges before a big move and pins her excitement on the new location? Its giving me.flashbacks to when she moved out of texas just as things started to sour with lyndsey
That’s weird, cause my insta says they’re both still following each other.

But I do get that sense as well. She seems fine using people then leaving them behind when something better comes along.

fullyarmedbattalion
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by fullyarmedbattalion »

Bloopina_ wrote:
chocolatebunny wrote:
Sarahbat04 wrote:
Did you guys notice that her and her old housemate Sam don’t follow each other anymore? They don’t interact on any recent pictures, either. It looks like the last time that happened was October 1st. I’m not surprised.
I checked and she is still following Sam.. haven’t seen any interactions lately though, or even mentions. Weird since they’re still living together for the time being.
Sasha is following her but Sam isnt following sasha. It's odd that sam hasn't appeared on sashas insta despite being roommates. But they have to be somewhat ok if sam is looking after the dogs during sashas visits to london.

Anyone else get the sense that sasha burns bridges before a big move and pins her excitement on the new location? Its giving me.flashbacks to when she moved out of texas just as things started to sour with lyndsey
i also wonder if there is some animosity about the dogs. because if i were sam and I had been living with these 2 dogs for years and basically taking care of them more than their actual owner i would be feeling some type of way about them being moved to another country. like thats gotta be sad

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

chocolatebunny wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm
Bloopina_ wrote:
chocolatebunny wrote:
Sarahbat04 wrote:

That’s weird, cause my insta says they’re both still following each other.

But I do get that sense as well. She seems fine using people then leaving them behind when something better comes along.

I just double checked and you're right. I dont know why her name didnt pop up on sasha's followers list the first time.

Although it seems like it's been a while since sam liked one of sasha's pictures and the last time sasha liked one Sam's was on October 1st

PlanetJanet
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by PlanetJanet »

Further confirming that Sasha does not live on the same planet as the rest of us, she’s doing a big giveaway that features not one, but TWO books by JK Rowling. Not old editions that JK would have made money on a long time ago, no. New books. All Sasha had to do was not include them in her giveaway, which already includes a bunch of good books. But god forbid Sasha pay attention to anything going on outside of her own life. Tone deaf doesn’t even begin to cover it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

She is gonna be in UK on Wednesday morning and I just couldn't help myself with messaging her. Will I get blocked? She ignored my previous message so who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It just this girl knows how to really fucking piss me off with her attitude towards pandemic right now. She doesn't have to have million flights in between actually moving out. But when you have recourses that pay for your trips I guess it doesn't matter. Rules only apply to poor people anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tbrshelves12
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Tbrshelves12 »

What is her reasoning for going to London now? To fix her shelves? I feels like she just got back from her last trip?

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

Ellie666 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:19 pm
Did anyone else see another booktuber on Twitter calling Sasha out for travelling during the pandemic and selling ARCs? I'm so glad to see someone from the book community calling her out. Sasha likes to pretend as though it's just 'haters' giving her shit for no reason when these are completely valid criticisms. I don't know who Sasha thinks she is fooling taking 3 trips to London and trying to pretend as though they all completely necessary for her move that isn't until the end of January. Everyone knows she's taking these trips just to see Taran (which is still the most fucked up thing that she seems to literally not be allowed to admit she's dating him).

And someone pointed out that she doesn't follow Marisa anymore, it looks like Marisa is completely blocked on her Instagram. I'd take a guess that Marisa is probably pissed that Sasha can fly to see Taran whenever she feels like but she refuses to visit their Dad and has only seen him once in the past year and a half, and Sasha probably blocked her because who needs family when you have a billionare boyfriend to run to?
Wait which booktuber? I've actually been surprised that it hasn't been called out more

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

Then 👏 why 👏 are 👏 you👏 going

Let's say moving during a pandemic was essential for you, why the HELL are you making 3 trips for the move? Most people make one trip and are done with it prolly because it's the fiscally responsible thing to do 🙄

foolishheartsx
Learner
Learner

Post by foolishheartsx »

I'm so annoyed by all the people moving during this pandemic, another author I follow has also just moved, like couldn't you hold off a bit why are you so desperately needing to move to the UK during a pandemic, especially since it's pretty bad here. Not only that but Sasha is travelling back and forth during it, why can't she wait till her dogs are cleared to travel as well?

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

It's not that London is on lockdown whole fucking country is like the fuck is wrong with her. And why wouldn't you want to spend holiday season with your freaking family. I would give everything to spend Christmas with my family as I haven't been able to for the last 5 years due to work being busy and never allowing to go on holidays since November-January. And the fact that she will be gone for a whole month leaving her "babies" again and then will expect a smooth move with them in January to UK. She literally has no family values or love her dogs besides the fact that they are dogs and she loves dogs.

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

Taking all these extra trips just to move all her crap is the most ridiculous justification ever. Does she think when other people move countries that they take three seperate trips? You either ship your stuff, or you downsize. Especially in the middle of a pandemic. Seriously, she is repurchasing all her homewares in London, what else does she have to bring?

I also wonder why she chose the particular breed of dog that she did. Clearly travel is a priority for her and living in London/the UK has always been on her radar. I would have thought it would be sensible to choose a breed of dog more suited to travelling and apartment living. I think it’s bordering on cruel to keep a working dog like an Australian Shepherd in an apartment.

PlanetJanet
Learner
Learner

Post by PlanetJanet »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 am
Taking all these extra trips just to move all her crap is the most ridiculous justification ever. Does she think when other people move countries that they take three seperate trips? You either ship your stuff, or you downsize. Especially in the middle of a pandemic. Seriously, she is repurchasing all her homewares in London, what else does she have to bring?

I also wonder why she chose the particular breed of dog that she did. Clearly travel is a priority for her and living in London/the UK has always been on her radar. I would have thought it would be sensible to choose a breed of dog more suited to travelling and apartment living. I think it’s bordering on cruel to keep a working dog like an Australian Shepherd in an apartment.
I feel so incredibly sorry for her dogs! My dog is a bit smaller than a Jack Russell (he’s a mutt) and he has my small to medium size garden to run around in. I literally looked for a dog of his size because I knew a larger dog would be too big for my garden. I couldn’t imagine just having my tiny dog living exclusively indoors. He would go crazy from boredom. For her to be moving those two quite large dogs into an APARTMENT with, from what I can tell, no garden space is insane. Especially because, like others have said, those dogs are working dogs. Dogs need to play and explore outside. A few trips to the park isn’t going to cut it.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

How on earth can she justify flying to the UK again for no good goddamn reason right now? Seriously, what is wrong with her? There are people who live in the same country, if not the same state or province as their family who won't be traveling to see them for the holidays because they don't think it's worth the risk. How can she justify flying to the UK for the third time in the last six months when they've gone into a national lockdown because of a fucking plague?

I've been inclined to give her some grace despite her antics over the past few years, but any trace of goodwill or willingness to cut her some slack I might have had has completely gone out the window. She's lucky she doesn't have a bigger platform because she would be (rightfully) ripped to shreds over this if she did.

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

jysk wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 pm
She's lucky she doesn't have a bigger platform because she would be (rightfully) ripped to shreds over this if she did.
It's interesting that she hasn't been widely called out over this ridiculous behavior. Especially with the hypocrisy of preaching that other people should take the pandemic more seriously. I do wonder why Sasha is (seemingly) impervious to criticism. Ariel Bissett was widely panned for her critique on libraries. Is it because this issue doesn't pertain to booktube? Is it because she's been absent from youtube for months?

PlanetJanet
Learner
Learner

Post by PlanetJanet »

chattybox wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:29 pm
jysk wrote:
She's lucky she doesn't have a bigger platform because she would be (rightfully) ripped to shreds over this if she did.
It's interesting that she hasn't been widely called out over this ridiculous behavior. Especially with the hypocrisy of preaching that other people should take the pandemic more seriously. I do wonder why Sasha is (seemingly) impervious to criticism. Ariel Bissett was widely panned for her critique on libraries. Is it because this issue doesn't pertain to booktube? Is it because she's been absent from youtube for months?
I think it has to be the decline of her YouTube channel. I mean, the only person on booktube I see interacting with her posts on IG is Tasha. I’m assuming a lot of people who would have followed her on YT might not follow her on IG so they might not be aware of what’s going on in her life. A lot of people might not really keep up with the captions of IG posts or watch her stories, so they just might not know. Besides this page and the occasional quickly deleted comment on her IG, I really don’t see anyone criticising her or bringing up any of her antics.

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

PlanetJanet wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 am
chattybox wrote:
jysk wrote:
I think it has to be the decline of her YouTube channel. I mean, the only person on booktube I see interacting with her posts on IG is Tasha. I’m assuming a lot of people who would have followed her on YT might not follow her on IG so they might not be aware of what’s going on in her life. A lot of people might not really keep up with the captions of IG posts or watch her stories, so they just might not know. Besides this page and the occasional quickly deleted comment on her IG, I really don’t see anyone criticising her or bringing up any of her antics.
I think that’s also because she very clearly deletes negative comments and most of the time, blocks the people. Even if it’s just constructive criticism or a question. People who know they’re doing wrong tend to make it so that everyone sees only positive reactions so that other people think it’s okay

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

Sarahbat04 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am
PlanetJanet wrote:
chattybox wrote:
jysk wrote:
I think that’s also because she very clearly deletes negative comments and most of the time, blocks the people. Even if it’s just constructive criticism or a question. People who know they’re doing wrong tend to make it so that everyone sees only positive reactions so that other people think it’s okay
I think it's a combination of everything mentioned above, and, to varying levels, the following:

(1) She's managed to maintain a lot of the perks of booktube (free books, sponsorships, dozens of defenders, friendship with a lot of the big booktubers and the protection that entails, the fact that booktubers never seem to face scrutiny for their bad behaviour unless it is tangentially related to books, etc) despite no longer being a member of the community by any means -- she barely reads, let alone posts book-related content. I think if she does end up facing blowback over traveling during the pandemic, it will be because someone calls her out for selling ARCs, and then it will snowball from there.

(2) Naivety about how the immigration system works. I am sure a lot of her followers who have never immigrated are under the impression that you need to be in the country you're immigrating to to complete certain parts of your application, which isn't true. When she was posting about getting her biometrics done at a VAC in the States, I was surprised, because doing so made it clear she had no reason to be in the UK. I was like "does she think her followers are stupid?" Upon further reflection, I don't think they are stupid, but I do think many of them have no understanding what it's like to immigrate. This thread makes it pretty clear that a lot of the people who are so heated about this (including me) have immigrated or lived abroad for an extended period of time, and can recognize that Sasha is framing her trips as necessary and immigration-related when they aren't. It's also obvious that her rich boyfriend has expedited the process for her. If you or a loved one has ever had your entire life put on hold what you wait for a decision to be made about your visa or residency, it's going to make your blood boil to see someone get a visa handed to them in the middle of a pandemic, all while they've broken the quarantine rules of the country they are moving to not once but twice (and, soon, three times).

(3) I think a lot of booktube are Anglophiles, and romanticize the UK as much as Sasha does, and I'm sure this is part of the reason she isn't facing as much pushback as she should. I've seen people in her comments saying they're living vicariously through her. If she was moving somewhere else, I don't doubt that she would be facing more criticism.

Gossip_chatter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Gossip_chatter »

I kinda think that after the whole Zenith thing --- what with lots of negative comments --- she's scared of anything that borders criticizing her, her life or anything she does. Since she got it published while growing fast on YT AND still being a teen, she probably never knew a thing as negativity existed, and that one day it could apply to her.
That would explain her trying to be so relatable, and sweeping up the comments that call her out. She wants everyone to pretend like she's that girl from YouTube, before she wrote the book and found out that not everything she makes will be loved. Being a teen made her feel insecure, and I'm guessing she didn't know how to respond without making it worse, like it was a great life lesson, you learn and grow up.
Show us how you changed! All she does is drink wine and travel ten times a "normal" year, and a little less during pandemic. That's not growth. Anyways, this is what has been on my mind recently and I think the person above brought several good points as well

perduthecat
Learner
Learner

Post by perduthecat »

jysk wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:40 am
Sarahbat04 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am
PlanetJanet wrote:
chattybox wrote:
jysk wrote:
I think it's a combination of everything mentioned above, and, to varying levels, the following:

(1) She's managed to maintain a lot of the perks of booktube (free books, sponsorships, dozens of defenders, friendship with a lot of the big booktubers and the protection that entails, the fact that booktubers never seem to face scrutiny for their bad behaviour unless it is tangentially related to books, etc) despite no longer being a member of the community by any means -- she barely reads, let alone posts book-related content. I think if she does end up facing blowback over traveling during the pandemic, it will be because someone calls her out for selling ARCs, and then it will snowball from there.

(2) Naivety about how the immigration system works. I am sure a lot of her followers who have never immigrated are under the impression that you need to be in the country you're immigrating to to complete certain parts of your application, which isn't true. When she was posting about getting her biometrics done at a VAC in the States, I was surprised, because doing so made it clear she had no reason to be in the UK. I was like "does she think her followers are stupid?" Upon further reflection, I don't think they are stupid, but I do think many of them have no understanding what it's like to immigrate. This thread makes it pretty clear that a lot of the people who are so heated about this (including me) have immigrated or lived abroad for an extended period of time, and can recognize that Sasha is framing her trips as necessary and immigration-related when they aren't. It's also obvious that her rich boyfriend has expedited the process for her. If you or a loved one has ever had your entire life put on hold what you wait for a decision to be made about your visa or residency, it's going to make your blood boil to see someone get a visa handed to them in the middle of a pandemic, all while they've broken the quarantine rules of the country they are moving to not once but twice (and, soon, three times).

(3) I think a lot of booktube are Anglophiles, and romanticize the UK as much as Sasha does, and I'm sure this is part of the reason she isn't facing as much pushback as she should. I've seen people in her comments saying they're living vicariously through her. If she was moving somewhere else, I don't doubt that she would be facing more criticism.
I'm assuming also a large number of her viewers are younger and American and don't necessarily grasp the severity of the pandemic. They might not realized that the UK is back under national lockdown and also assume that everyone is treating the pandemic with the same carelessness as a lot of US state officials.

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

I agree with everything said above for sure.
It’s frustrating to see her talk about how she’s just a normal girl and how she shouldn’t receive hate, and she doesn’t want people knowing her personal life. I have an issue with this for several reasons:
A- she makes money off us. Her entire career is because of her subscribers and the people who follow her. She wouldn’t have any sponsorships or deals without them.
B- because of the above, we are owed some of her life. As in, if she’s promoting a book that she’s telling us all to buy, we deserve to know she’s promoting it because it’s her boyfriend. It’s not fair to us to spend our money and not know her personal relations to the things she’s selling. I feel like that’s just basic when it comes to influencers. I started disliking her after buying SEVERAL books she raved about and they were... GOD awful.
C- we don’t need to know her life’s story or intimate details of her life, but what she considers “hate” and “haters” are just people with constructive criticism that she can’t take. She’s living her life on easy mode because of her subscribers and just.... blocking out any form of valid criticism.

It makes my blood boil every time she says she doesn’t owe her subs anything and that she’s just a normal girl. She’s not! She’s only where she is because of us and as far as personal relationships go- disclosing that when she’s SELLING us their stuff is important.

Return to “BookTube”