Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Post by Bloopina_ »

fullyarmedbattalion wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:21 pm
You guys, sasha has hit a new low. She is now selling arcs on her depop for crazy amounts. She's getting around this by pairing arc bundles with one normal book and then calling the arcs "free" but it's not free when you are charging $70
Yikes I cant believe some body actually paid $75 for that

dreamyfarofflook
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dreamyfarofflook »

She's also selling fake signed copies of Sarah J. Maas' books, and people have already bought them. :| If you recognize Sasha's and Sarah's signatures and the way Sasha signs her "S" you can tell the signed copies Sasha is selling and advertising as "very rare" are forged...very bad look to try to earn more money for what would just be regular editions. :(

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

Oh wow. That really is low.

She must be making a lot of easy cash selling these books, as she would have gotten so many of them free from publishers (not just the ARCs).

Unrelated but- does anyone else think Sasha eats an obscene amount of cheese/cream products?? I swear 90% of the meals she shares are absolutely loaded with them. I love cheese as much as anyone but even I think it's overkill.

cringeanalyst
Learner
Learner

Post by cringeanalyst »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:18 am

She must be making a lot of easy cash selling these books, as she would have gotten so many of them free from publishers (not just the ARCs).

Unrelated but- does anyone else think Sasha eats an obscene amount of cheese/cream products?? I swear 90% of the meals she shares are absolutely loaded with them. I love cheese as much as anyone but even I think it's overkill.
okay i thought it was just me and a weird thing to comment on but yes she eats so much dairy that it disgusts me

also, i understand selling signed copies or whatever but i don't understand why she wouldn't have just donated these books locally since she had so many to get rid of and because we're in a pandemic that's impacted a lot of people financially but she's clearly doing just fine (like, we know why but still)

Brunettegirl95
Learner
Learner

Post by Brunettegirl95 »

She’s making a nice profit out of all this resell mess. Must be nice. Look how many things she’s sold on her Depop account.

If she was so well off she should have donated these books. Instead of charging a nice amount for used books. Something makes me think she’s not as well off as she appears. Does anyone feel bothered by the fact that Sasha basically took over the apartment. She’s decorated it and bought basically everything... it’s not just her space though she has a roommate. Shouldn’t the roommate help decorate too? I feel if she was as rich as she makes it appear she would have gotten her own space and not share it with someone else.

With the US going to possible lock down mode and starting restrictions. Is it possible for her not to make it the U.K. as planned? As in she can’t get in the country or leave the US due to the pandemic rising cases? Just curious even though she has her VISA now

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

Aren't selling arcs a big NO NO in the book community?

edit: I can see now she marked them as free, but for a 75$ it's obvious they are all included in the price.

btw if someone is so naive to give her 75$ for those books, they deserve to be scammed xD

chocolatebunny
Learner
Learner

Post by chocolatebunny »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:42 am

edit: I can see now she marked them as free, but for a 75$ it's obvious they are all included in the price.

btw if someone is so naive to give her 75$ for those books, they deserve to be scammed xD
Nobody deserves to be scammed, gullibility doesn’t necessarily equal stupidity. People idolize her and the authors whose books she’s selling.. I feel bad for them.

Reminds me of the Kristen Martin situation, but of course authors/authortubers won’t go after Sasha. She has too many friends in the community.

driftwood93
Learner
Learner

Post by driftwood93 »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:42 am

Yeah it's a huge no no. I've literally seen authors saying multiple times that if you're getting rid of ARCs then burn them or shred them. I remember someone was selling a 'Darkdawn' ARC for an obscene amount of money on eBay and Jay Kristoff was on that like a shot, reporting them to eBay for breaking legality agreements or something.

But then again, because she's bunching these ARCs in with other legit books, it's a loophole because Sasha can CLAIM she's throwing them in for free. Load of bullshit.

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

cringeanalyst wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:43 am
anastasia1989 wrote:

okay i thought it was just me and a weird thing to comment on but yes she eats so much dairy that it disgusts me

also, i understand selling signed copies or whatever but i don't understand why she wouldn't have just donated these books locally since she had so many to get rid of and because we're in a pandemic that's impacted a lot of people financially but she's clearly doing just fine (like, we know why but still)
Shes repeatedly said that these sales are helping fund her move as well as her future book collection in london

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

I believe Sasha always has a roommate, even though she could probably easily afford not to, because it suits her to have someone there to look after her dogs whenever she decides to fly off to the other side of the world. I can imagine she’ll be taking frequent trips out to her boyfriend’s mansion and all over Europe, so she can dump the dogs on her “childhood bestie”.

sainte
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sainte »

97DAA07E-06F1-4886-A476-DE0C56C48694.jpeg
If you compare the signatures you can tell the signed copy of throne of glass is forged
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chocolatebunny
Learner
Learner

Post by chocolatebunny »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:04 pm
I believe Sasha always has a roommate, even though she could probably easily afford not to, because it suits her to have someone there to look after her dogs whenever she decides to fly off to the other side of the world. I can imagine she’ll be taking frequent trips out to her boyfriend’s mansion and all over Europe, so she can dump the dogs on her “childhood bestie”.
True. I also don’t think she’d enjoy living alone, seems like she always needs to be socializing (even during a pandemic in another country where she’s meant to be self-isolating...)

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

anastasia1989 wrote:

Yeah it's definitely a new low. The desperation is so transparent now. She's sold all of them as well, so she has her funds. On a related note, I thought after the lackluster results of Nexus that this might hurt her publishing career, but her fanbase still seems to be whatever she's selling. Some people really do skate by in life...

(Yes! I thought I was the only one who noticed. Cheese/cream are all right in small doses, but girl, that's a lot.)

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

LOL at Sasha on her live talking about the UK having a more "humanist" perspective, less corporate greed, and government corruption, and that's why she wants to move there. Girl, bye. (I mean yeah the US sucks on all grounds, but she might get a rude awakening in the UK too. Or not. She is an overly privileged white girl.)

PlanetJanet
Learner
Learner

Post by PlanetJanet »

sainte wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:53 pm
97DAA07E-06F1-4886-A476-DE0C56C48694.jpeg

If you compare the signatures you can tell the signed copy of throne of glass is forged
I will say that Sasha did personally know SJM for a while. I’m pretty sure she’s in the acknowledgements of one of the books? So it is possible that those are legitimately signed. I might have to get my own signed book out and compare it. But the discrepancy in signatures could just be from them being signed at different times. You are right to be suspicious though, Sasha is basically a compulsive liar at this point.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

chattybox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:07 pm
LOL at Sasha on her live talking about the UK having a more "humanist" perspective, less corporate greed, and government corruption, and that's why she wants to move there. Girl, bye. (I mean yeah the US sucks on all grounds, but she might get a rude awakening in the UK too. Or not. She is an overly privileged white girl.)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I see I was 100% correct about her not following British politics...

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

Did you guys notice that her and her old housemate Sam don’t follow each other anymore? They don’t interact on any recent pictures, either. It looks like the last time that happened was October 1st. I’m not surprised.

Ellie666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ellie666 »

Did anyone else see another booktuber on Twitter calling Sasha out for travelling during the pandemic and selling ARCs? I'm so glad to see someone from the book community calling her out. Sasha likes to pretend as though it's just 'haters' giving her shit for no reason when these are completely valid criticisms. I don't know who Sasha thinks she is fooling taking 3 trips to London and trying to pretend as though they all completely necessary for her move that isn't until the end of January. Everyone knows she's taking these trips just to see Taran (which is still the most fucked up thing that she seems to literally not be allowed to admit she's dating him).

And someone pointed out that she doesn't follow Marisa anymore, it looks like Marisa is completely blocked on her Instagram. I'd take a guess that Marisa is probably pissed that Sasha can fly to see Taran whenever she feels like but she refuses to visit their Dad and has only seen him once in the past year and a half, and Sasha probably blocked her because who needs family when you have a billionare boyfriend to run to?

chocolatebunny
Learner
Learner

Post by chocolatebunny »

Sarahbat04 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:22 am
Did you guys notice that her and her old housemate Sam don’t follow each other anymore? They don’t interact on any recent pictures, either. It looks like the last time that happened was October 1st. I’m not surprised.
I checked and she is still following Sam.. haven’t seen any interactions lately though, or even mentions. Weird since they’re still living together for the time being.

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

chocolatebunny wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Sarahbat04 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:22 am
I checked and she is still following Sam.. haven’t seen any interactions lately though, or even mentions. Weird since they’re still living together for the time being.
Sasha is following her but Sam isnt following sasha. It's odd that sam hasn't appeared on sashas insta despite being roommates. But they have to be somewhat ok if sam is looking after the dogs during sashas visits to london.

Anyone else get the sense that sasha burns bridges before a big move and pins her excitement on the new location? Its giving me.flashbacks to when she moved out of texas just as things started to sour with lyndsey

Return to “BookTube”