Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meekakitty

Post by Good_Bake »

fleurish wrote:
clover123 wrote:
fleurish wrote:Wasn't she with Rusty? She said something about 'an emotionally unavailable man' in her video.
which vid was that? I thought they were still together!
[youtube][/youtube]
sorry, i thought it was her video!
around 1:05
Thanks! Not sure what to think of that but it seems that they are still together for instagram. Rusty doesn't come across as emotionally unavailable he seems so emotional!

TopYouTubeScams
Debater
Debater

Post by TopYouTubeScams »

loease wrote:I like her, personally. I've always liked her, I like her music and I like her sitting-down-and-just-talking videos, and I like how she doesn't seem to care about getting big on YouTube. That's evident from her lack of uploads over the past few years, but it seems she's trying to get back into it to better promote her music.

The one thing I've noticed recently, and I don't know if this is just me or what, is how shes starting to do very Dodie-Clark things. That saddens me, bc while I used to like Dodie a lot, she's recently started to grate me. Also because I've always liked how Tessa seemed very into her own thing and not too interested with being like everybody else. Hope this doesn't last, or that I'm mistaken.

Correction: She doesn't care about getting big NOW. Obviously she used to care about it. I think she just got tired of it and now just wants to upload here and there. And actually she was kinda big...there just weren't as many viewers back then. But she was big at one time.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

She was big when she lived in NYC and hung out with RWJ (were they a couple?? they had a vlog channel somewhat together)

dippydoo
Learner
Learner

Post by dippydoo »

:( The Rusty/Violet ship has long since sailed.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I really dislike her hair color. It looks like Pikachu’s fur

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Pee yellow hair and tired looks... I know it's probably not easy to traverse from a young quirky character cutie to a real-life grounded woman, but damn Tessa, you have 1.1M subscribers. Chuck out a video once a week or even only every two weeks. Could be anything, could be a simple vlog of you doing the errands. People would still watch.

But no upload for months and then only a short self-ad: Meh. = You're throwing away your Youtube career for a music career that isn't really there.

eliastel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by eliastel »

i genuinely dig her music and i think she’s a yt musician that is gonna break out successfully!! she’s competent and creative and seems to have a good team of people.

Leksa
Talker
Talker

Post by Leksa »

I love Tessa and her music. I've seen people complain about her voice and how she isn't releasing content on Youtube but it's so obvious she is working hard on her songs and her upcoming album.

Crush is REALLY good. When I listened to it with my headphones I was actually blown away by how well produced it was! The music video, not so much imo.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I really, really like her music. I just hope she would make more videos, and I’m really cringing at her hair rn.

dippydoo
Learner
Learner

Post by dippydoo »

The Crush video creeped me out. It wasn't flattering to her at all. Bad Ideas, on the other hand, was striking. Very well produced, higher production value than just dancing around a supermarket looking like a creep.
Not a fan of how that jumpsuit is becoming her brand, but I guess it was probably easier to find identical suits in different colors.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

I know you have to be a bit unique and sometimes a bit silly looking to make yourself a name brand in the music world, but dear me Tessas current haircut... Ack.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

lip wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:09 pm
I know you have to be a bit unique and sometimes a bit silly looking to make yourself a name brand in the music world, but dear me Tessas current haircut... Ack.

She looks like Farquaad

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

She's been kind of annoying me on Instagram lately. I follow her for her music and the sit down chatty videos she used to make (she has an interesting way of thinking to me) but I feel like lately all she does is complain or post random shit on her Insta story. I miss her insight.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Reeaaallly don't like that they decided to involve Tessa in this dope mashup. Her voice and "dancing" are so distracting. Why does she sing that way? I hate when her "real" voice breaks through her fake high-pitched one while she sings. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Raspberrydreamz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Raspberrydreamz »

Oh gosh this thread is dead! I just watched her new song, and some of her streams before it. Used to absolutely enjoy watching her prior to her music. Now she only makes videos/connects with fans before a launch. Honestly really bugs me about her.

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

Yeah she doesn't really care about youtube anymore except when she can promote something. Honestly, I get it, people can't do youtube forever, but it would be nice to have a chatty video once in a while that has nothing to do with her upcoming music/music video/ep/tour/whatever.

Also her hair still bugs me so much. I thought it would be a short lived phase that was cool for a couple of months, but she seems to want to stick with it. Anyway, her body, her choices, so I won't give her too much crap, but I can't help not liking it.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Because she was the first youtuber I subscribed to I'm still interested in her career, despite the fact that I just can't make any sense of her psuedo-vintage and forced-quirkiness style. At all.

fluffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fluffer »

I watched Tessa back in the day, like 4 years ago when she was doing her pillow talk thing. I used to watch Dodie a lot too. Both of them have tried to move on from yt to being proper musicians and good for them. I don't dislike either of them. I like Tessa's music much more than Dodie's. Her latest song with lonelytheband is super catchy and I can image hearing it on the radio/ in shopping centres. I really don't like Tessa's hair though. The colour and cut don't suit her. I also wish she did more outside of music and promoting stuff but oh well. She seems to be doing pretty well for herself.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Talking about Gurugossip:

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

New video: