All things Pakistan [emoji1191]

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

All things Pakistan [emoji1191]

Post by mia94 »

This forum is to discuss all things Pakistan, EXCEPT Pakistani influencers (there is a separate thread for this)
Feel free to discuss anything about your lives, the culture etc
Marriage, career advice, holidays, fashion, music, books...anything xxx

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Re: All things Pakistan [emoji1191]

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

mia94 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:06 am
This forum is to discuss all things Pakistan, EXCEPT Pakistani influencers (there is a separate thread for this)

Thanks for making this! What do you guys feel like you would consider a success, wether that’s I’m a marriage or career or in life in general.

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

Naeemaadam_1 wrote:
mia94 wrote:

Thanks for making this! What do you guys feel like you would consider a success, wether that’s I’m a marriage or career or in life in general.
For me success is inner peace and happiness, which I personally find hard to achieve. I over think a lot and live in the past or future rather than the present. I need to be more mindful, The power of now by Eckhart Tolle is a good book on this topic.

Marriage and career, even though I'm already in my perfect career, i wouldn't class as success because I'm not a materialistic person and I don't chase money either. I enjoy my job but even without it I wouldn't class myself as unsuccessful. As long as I was happy had inner peace and a positive mindset and God Image
Also strong family ties and a good group of friends is success. So many people have family problems nowadays.
I'm not married so I can't really comment on that but I definitely do want to get married soon Image

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

mia94 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:38 am
Naeemaadam_1 wrote:
mia94 wrote:

For me success is inner peace and happiness, which I personally find hard to achieve. I over think a lot and live in the past or future rather than the present. I need to be more mindful, The power of now by Eckhart Tolle is a good book on this topic.

Marriage and career, even though I'm already in my perfect career, i wouldn't class as success because I'm not a materialistic person and I don't chase money either. I enjoy my job but even without it I wouldn't class myself as unsuccessful. As long as I was happy had inner peace and a positive mindset and God Image
Also strong family ties and a good group of friends is success. So many people have family problems nowadays.
I'm not married so I can't really comment on that but I definitely do want to get married soon Image

I’ve got that book in my collection but I’m yet to open a page lol myself I’m happily married, have a good career, blessed with a little one too, I’m not one for social media or showing my blessings hence I’m more open to talk on here! From my personal experience in the past year or so no matter how much you achieve you will always feel a sense of emptiness inside, I’m not sure how it is for everyone else but I find it almost like a drug, a constant need to achieve more, me and my husband are both under 30, and we’ve accomplished a lot to the point it’s kind of like ‘is this it’ which I don’t know if anybody else feels that way too at time’s? Maybe we’re just too engrossed in this worldly life and not accepting why we are truely on this earth for.

Israa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Israa »

mia94 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:38 am
Naeemaadam_1 wrote:
mia94 wrote:

Oh that’s a hard one, i think it depends on the individual and how you measure success, some people think it’s having a big house, expensive cars and designer, some people think it’s having a big insta following and going out all the time. personally i’m not into materialistic stuff, i think it’s a waste of money and literally who are you showing off too? i don’t care to please anyone, i think for me success is being happy like Mia said inner happiness, i wake up and see my babies face lying in his cot and it makes me happy, when my baby is happy i’m happy. When he’s fed, clothed and safe that makes me feel happy that the most precious and treasured little person in my life is safe and sound. I hate when people use there kids and plaster them on social media like bloody hell there are pedos out there, saving your child’s picture and it’s disgusting how they use there kids as props. You’ll never see my child on social media ever! also i’m married and I know these influencers think us trolls are sad unhappy in our marriages but i’m happy with my husband, i mean we do have our arguments sometimes but most of the time we’re happy and enjoy each other’s company, we have our banter and understand that we’re a team. i also think a happy married life make you a success, like end of the day imagine being fake and unhappy trying to fool strangers online that your in a perfect relationship, i think it’s opposite and that these people aren’t as happy as they try and make out. I think having a private life is a good thing, i do believe in nazar and it’s so important to keep your happiness to yourself because there are people who are unhappy and will put nazar on your life unknowingly or knowingly.

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

I personally think a lot of it is down to social media, everybody just wants to portray an image of what their life should be like not how it is in reality! For the life of me I just don’t understand the people who feel the need to showcase their children to the world, keep them hidden, not everyone is happy for you!

Israa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Israa »

Naeemaadam_1 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:02 am
I personally think a lot of it is down to social media, everybody just wants to portray an image of what their life should be like not how it is in reality! For the life of me I just don’t understand the people who feel the need to showcase their children to the world, keep them hidden, not everyone is happy for you!
literally the same, i don’t understand how people are risking there kids for some likes and follows. Do you even know whose liking those pictures? and then on top of it they dress there kids like adults, slicking there hair back and making them look adulty. i’ve seen so many little girl pictures dressed like little women with bikini tops and skirts and these mothers think it’s cool, stop oversexualizing children!! i’ve done research and 8 million kids worldwide go missing a year, these kids are trafficked and god knows what happens to these poor babies and then you got basic bushra showing off her kids on insta for all the weirdos to like and see. There is a movement happening under everyone’s noses, they are trying to legalise pedophillia as a sexual orientation, trying to join the LGBTQ group as a sexual orientation so that it becomes normal and not a crime and by oversexualizing our kids we aren’t helping, let kids be kids why do they need to grow up so quick. i’m very private when it comes to my child, every where i go i have people telling me i have such a cute little baby but i would never make a page to show my child’s pictures because a stranger doesn’t need to see my child. sorry for the rant i just can’t stand these insta mums who just use there kids as props for there page, it’s so obvious as well and i just think they should educate themselves on what’s happening around the world to children.

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

Israa wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:24 am
Naeemaadam_1 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:02 am
literally the same, i don’t understand how people are risking there kids for some likes and follows. Do you even know whose liking those pictures? and then on top of it they dress there kids like adults, slicking there hair back and making them look adulty. i’ve seen so many little girl pictures dressed like little women with bikini tops and skirts and these mothers think it’s cool, stop oversexualizing children!! i’ve done research and 8 million kids worldwide go missing a year, these kids are trafficked and god knows what happens to these poor babies and then you got basic bushra showing off her kids on insta for all the weirdos to like and see. There is a movement happening under everyone’s noses, they are trying to legalise pedophillia as a sexual orientation, trying to join the LGBTQ group as a sexual orientation so that it becomes normal and not a crime and by oversexualizing our kids we aren’t helping, let kids be kids why do they need to grow up so quick. i’m very private when it comes to my child, every where i go i have people telling me i have such a cute little baby but i would never make a page to show my child’s pictures because a stranger doesn’t need to see my child. sorry for the rant i just can’t stand these insta mums who just use there kids as props for there page, it’s so obvious as well and i just think they should educate themselves on what’s happening around the world to children.
100% agree! I would never in a million years look to expose my child like that for what, a few likes and maybe a few freebies! Sorry but I rather get off my ass and work and give my child a better upbringing then to hide behind a phone trying to live a perfect lie!

essbee3
Learner
Learner

Post by essbee3 »

The only time I’d ever put my kids on social media is on my IG and Facebook, they’re both private and I have literally no randoms on there. I made a new FB account after I got married to weed out all the irrelevant people I had from school on there and blocked loads of people on my IG who were people I didn’t really know. I couldn’t imagine flaunting them in front of hundreds of thousands of followers though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

Can anybody reply on here?

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

Naeemaadam_1 wrote:Can anybody reply on here?
Only if I quote someone which is annoying cause I wanted to start a separate discussion about plastic surgery Image

Naeemaadam_1
Debater
Debater

Post by Naeemaadam_1 »

What’s your views on it? Quote me, I’ll reply as long as it allows me to

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

Naeemaadam_1 wrote:What’s your views on it? Quote me, I’ll reply as long as it allows me to
Has anyone here had anything done and if so were you happy with the result. I'm thinking of a rhinoplasty and i think I've found the doctor I want but i want to hear others experiences too.

essbee3
Learner
Learner

Post by essbee3 »

Let’s not let this thread dieee! How is everyone?

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

essbee3 wrote:Let’s not let this thread dieee! How is everyone?

I think some people are having trouble posting :/

masterone
Informer
Informer

Post by masterone »

mia94 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 am
Naeemaadam_1 wrote:What’s your views on it? Quote me, I’ll reply as long as it allows me to
Has anyone here had anything done and if so were you happy with the result. I'm thinking of a rhinoplasty and i think I've found the doctor I want but i want to hear others experiences too.

A friend had rhinoplasty, twice. She wasn't happy with the result the first time, but that was mainly because her nose was massive and her doctor an old Indian guy gave her a long lecture about how it shouldn't be obvious that you've had one to other people. It cost her in total upwards of 4k and she said sometimes it felt like it wasn't worth it as her nose would randomly swell, however they warn you that it can take up to 2 years for it to settle into shape. She's happy with it now, so probably worth it, but she did say it's highly addictive, if she had the money she'd do it again as in slim down her nose further, breast reduction and lift, but to me it all looks so painful.

masterone
Informer
Informer

Post by masterone »

masterone wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm
mia94 wrote:

A friend had rhinoplasty, twice. She wasn't happy with the result the first time, but that was mainly because her nose was massive and her doctor an old Indian guy gave her a long lecture about how it shouldn't be obvious that you've had one to other people. It cost her in total upwards of 4k and she said sometimes it felt like it wasn't worth it as her nose would randomly swell, however they warn you that it can take up to 2 years for it to settle into shape. She's happy with it now, so probably worth it, but she did say it's highly addictive, if she had the money she'd do it again as in slim down her nose further, breast reduction and lift, but to me it all looks so painful.

Like I would love to get lipo, I have so many stubborn areas where exercise and diet make absolutely no difference, but just looks grim, the pain, the healing, the catheter all puts me off oh and not forgetting the cost.

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

masterone wrote:
mia94 wrote:

Where did she have it done

masterone
Informer
Informer

Post by masterone »

mia94 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 am
masterone wrote:
mia94 wrote:

It was a private clinic in Deansgate, Manchester. It was also around 2014/2015 think it might cost more now.

mia94
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mia94 »

masterone wrote:
mia94 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 am
masterone wrote:
mia94 wrote:

It was a private clinic in Deansgate, Manchester. It was also around 2014/2015 think it might cost more now.
I've heard English doctors are quite conservative... Same thing happened to Chloe khan (from X factor) and anchalmia. They had their first nose jobs in the UK and then went abroad to get a second one done

Return to “Pakistan”