Kat von D - Hypocrisy

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by LiddlePallid »

Oh she still has that stupid candle display at her shop! You would think she would have learned a lesson, but I guess not.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldChocobo »

Her music sounds very generic and radio safe...like if Metric had a head cold. (No offense to those who like Metric, I like them too). She talks like she's so unique but girl, Metric already did it!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

it's suspicious how fires follow her around, everywhere she lives or works. i agree that it's probably all the gaudy, messy candles she sets up on every ledge.
she and jeffree are both way up their own asses about their "music career." unfortunately they both create crap music.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I finally figured out why that red bathroom stresses me out... it looks like jumpscare room or something in a Silent Hill game.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Pok
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pok »

Anyone have thoughts on this article? https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story ... qmn1Tf9FVQ

I still don’t believe she’s not an antivaxxer but that’s mostly because this is the first I’m hearing of her vaccinating and it was 2 years ago she made the statement. Also later says in the article how she’s aware of her power and influence in respects to her opinions and issues she’s concerned about...

bloodbrothers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bloodbrothers »

Pok wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:28 pm
Anyone have thoughts on this article? https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story ... qmn1Tf9FVQ

I still don’t believe she’s not an antivaxxer but that’s mostly because this is the first I’m hearing of her vaccinating and it was 2 years ago she made the statement. Also later says in the article how she’s aware of her power and influence in respects to her opinions and issues she’s concerned about...
It's a PR stunt through and through. Only reason she's saying this now is because she has an album coming out, a tour in the future and her shoe brand. This is her way of trying to win people back so they buy her album, see her in concert and buy her shoes. There was nothing genuine about that article. It was just damage control trying to fix her shattered image. I don't think any of what she said about that situation was from her either. I would be willing to bet her management team came up with things to say before this interview since they knew she was going to start doing press to promote her upcoming projects and they knew the anti-vaxx questions were going to come up. She doesn't want her music career and shoe company to flop like her makeup company did so now she's pulling the "I was misinformed, stupid and shouldn't have opened up my big mouth" card.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah wtf? She made that quick little video saying she was keeping her kid's info private. Now all of a sudden he's "most definitely vaccinated." lmfao totally because she's got an album and tour coming and wants people to actually show up.

Pok
Talker
Talker

Post by Pok »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Yeah wtf? She made that quick little video saying she was keeping her kid's info private. Now all of a sudden he's "most definitely vaccinated." lmfao totally because she's got an album and tour coming and wants people to actually show up.
Actually noticed it wasn’t a quote from her either more like her publicist noticed she hadn’t actually said he was vaccinated now in the interview and they needed to have that in there.

Sleazy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sleazy »

Wow, I'm glad that I found this thread. Years ago I still was a Kat von D fan - not a hardcore fan, but I liked her and her style. While her tattoo style was not my cup of tea, I liked her make-up, that she was so creative with drawing and photography and I admired the way she dressed. I even bought a legging and a knit sweater from her own clothing line (oh boy) - anyone remember the old days when she had a clothing brand with jackets and stuff?? :-D I wonder if her shoe line goes the same route - down?

Slowly but steady I had more and more WTF moments when I followed her life... there was just so much hypocrisy like: back in 2015 when she published her "vegan controversy" video on YouTube she mentioned that she gave away most of her belongings, longing for a simpler life and she is already packing up stuff because she is moving into a more modest and smaller house. Well, that never happened - instead she bought this huge victorian mansion in 2016 :roll:

Then she also has her castle in Spain, I wonder if she ever makes the move to Europe or decides to sell it?

I lost count when it comes to her boyfriends, last thing I remember was that she was dating an animal rights activist from Mercy for animals (Corey) and a Tattooer (normloveletter) right before she hit up with her recent boyfriend / now husband. He seems quite obsessed with her, maybe that was the creepy thing she was missing in all her other relationships?

Needless to say, the anti-vaxx posting on Instagram and the Swastika loving husband was what pushed me finally over the edge. Bye Kat, I won't miss you.

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

So she finally closed High Voltage on December 1st after saying it was pointless it staying open when she's only ever in LA "to record with her band" but she hasn't tattooed in forever. I found an article herehttps://loudwire.com/kat-von-d-sued-hig ... ge-tattoo/ about how she's being sued by the owners of the shop who she rents from as she didn't have permission to make such drastic changes to the unit when she first signed the tenancy agreement. I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons why she's closing it combined with having just bought a haunted mansion in Indiana.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

lol! Wow I didn't know that - I heard about it closing but didn't know about the rest. I figured she owned that place because she basically gutted it out when they got in there.

I keep hearing that the place in Indiana is going to be converted into a new tattoo shop. But I'm guessing they still own that gaudy mansion in LA though, because they keep going back there and posting pictures and videos and stuff.

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

She is the literal embodiment of a has-been lmao. She's just drifting from different ventures bc she can't stick to anything and just wants to stay relevant and controversial. If she was smart and wasn't a racist, anti-vaxxing anti-semite, she could've ended up doing something worthwhile like replacing Oliver Peck on Inkmaster but she has no chance of that now, the tattoo industry disowned her a longgggggg time ago and the beauty community seem to as well. And her music sucks lol

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Oh her music is GODAWFUL lol. I remember her trying to hype it up like 11 years ago when she was "taking voice lessons" to learn to sing and it took her that long to finally release her album, and it is horrible. Her husband's music is even worse :rofl:

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:52 pm
Oh her music is GODAWFUL lol. I remember her trying to hype it up like 11 years ago when she was "taking voice lessons" to learn to sing and it took her that long to finally release her album, and it is horrible. Her husband's music is even worse :rofl:
She just needs to give up, take her cash and just disappear :rofl: maybe once the money dries up she can do Cameo or smth :rofl:

Return to “Kat Von D”