Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

sheepsmeadow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

Post by sheepsmeadow »

I doubt she heard back already about the job. If she is not the selected candidate, it is unlikely she will find out right away. But maybe the interview didn’t go well and she knows it, in which case it would mean she may have some self-awareness.

sweetkron
Talker
Talker

Post by sweetkron »

sheepsmeadow wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:07 pm
it would mean she may have some self-awareness.
That'll be the day!

Salinabish
Learner
Learner

Post by Salinabish »

Some of you (mostly two or three people) who were talking shit about software engineers wish you could land one yourself. Doctors are geeks too and have a way stressful job to look after themselves, at least software engineers have this nerdy cute look going on. Also just because you play video games doesn't make you a lower-tier human. Playing video games is very common with millions of consoles being sold and most likely your kids will play video games. Heck even playing candy crush or whatever on your phone is playing video games. Software engineering is not something anyone can do and you have to be smart for it. I would take a software engineer over a doctor any day. Not only they can earn nearly as much as a doctor with potentially earn even higher but also have a good balance of work and personal life. Believe it or not software engineers and tech guys are going to be the most sought-after.

Gurutard
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutard »

I wish the title for this thread was Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next and His Nest.

Post by Guest »

Salinabish wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:33 am
Some of you (mostly two or three people) who were talking shit about software engineers wish you could land one yourself. Doctors are geeks too and have a way stressful job to look after themselves, at least software engineers have this nerdy cute look going on. Also just because you play video games doesn't make you a lower-tier human. Playing video games is very common with millions of consoles being sold and most likely your kids will play video games. Heck even playing candy crush or whatever on your phone is playing video games.
No one really attacked software engineering. If anything, some people made some of the points you are making.

Unfortunately, you are about three threads too late with this.

Gurutard
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurutard »

Also about her new gemstone jewels etc... she just wants to be Lisa Eldridge. She loves and aspires to be that boring Audrey Hepburn loving basic bitch. She idolizes Kate Middleton, she's very pathetic IMO. I do like her but something isn't right with her, obviously. As everyone seems to have pointed out, she behaves like a little girl living out her fantasy of what life should be.

boredstrom
Learner
Learner

Post by boredstrom »

Salinabish wrote:
Some of you (mostly two or three people) who were talking shit about software engineers wish you could land one yourself. Doctors are geeks too and have a way stressful job to look after themselves, at least software engineers have this nerdy cute look going on. Also just because you play video games doesn't make you a lower-tier human. Playing video games is very common with millions of consoles being sold and most likely your kids will play video games. Heck even playing candy crush or whatever on your phone is playing video games. Software engineering is not something anyone can do and you have to be smart for it. I would take a software engineer over a doctor any day. Not only they can earn nearly as much as a doctor with potentially earn even higher but also have a good balance of work and personal life. Believe it or not software engineers and tech guys are going to be the most sought-after.
Well then, I guess Elles Seattle layover really is because she found herself a software engineer.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

For an intelligent field, he'd have to be a real dumbass to date Eleanor, Queen of the Empty Heads :rofl:

ETA... It's pretty pathetic how she has no good content without a man. How is that supposed to be inspiring, all you 50-somethings that just die for her? Please tell me. Gosh, even Dickles the Depraved Dumpster Fire himself was BETTER CONTENT than what she can pull together alone.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Linners
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Linners »

Salinabish wrote:
We have to think from Elle's perspective. With her traditional housewife mentality, she would love to land a 'prestigious' doctor and be a Mrs. Dr. Elle Florence. Doctors are geeks so a boring Elle, who cooks pasta everyday, is perfect for a geek. Nobody in this day and age would scoff at people who are able to do either of these difficult jobs, but Elle is different, I feel like she still has this 'social class' mentality and she would die for a doctor. Also, docs basic income is around 400k a year, surgeons around 700k+ a year (I have both docs an surgeons in the family), so Elle would love to have 'spending money' like that while making her plastic necklaces.

Post by Guest »

Honestly I don’t even remember who dissed software engineers nor do I care and I’m sure most people who post on here don’t care, either.

As long as the guy can support her, it’s all gravy in her eyes.

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

Nobody dissed software engineers. I'm sure her plastic pants and crop top sweater was to attract one.

Anyway! I'd give that company a week to say she's hired, anything longer she may as well move to the next.

boredstrom
Learner
Learner

Post by boredstrom »

RubyGT wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:03 pm
.....she may as well move to the next.
Girlboss sure knows that drill!

bauerks
Learner
Learner

Post by bauerks »

Linners wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 am
Salinabish wrote:
We have to think from Elle's perspective. With her traditional housewife mentality, she would love to land a 'prestigious' doctor and be a Mrs. Dr. Elle Florence. Doctors are geeks so a boring Elle, who cooks pasta everyday, is perfect for a geek. Nobody in this day and age would scoff at people who are able to do either of these difficult jobs, but Elle is different, I feel like she still has this 'social class' mentality and she would die for a doctor. Also, docs basic income is around 400k a year, surgeons around 700k+ a year (I have both docs an surgeons in the family), so Elle would love to have 'spending money' like that while making her plastic necklaces.
I wonder from this Mrs. Dr. Elle Florence statement that she watched Sex and the City and wants to be Charlotte, pearls and all.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

"puh-lett"... fully convinced this dumbass was dropped on her head as a baby

Annie_HTX
Learner
Learner

Post by Annie_HTX »

Another Sephora haul? Hmm. I give her credit for posting twice a week (a lot of YouTubers have gotten lazy and hardly post at all). But I think it would be better for her channel if she only posted once a week and posted higher quality content. She mentioned future videos would include “What I Eat in a Day” and capsule closet tips. Her cooking vids seem to be her most popular, but she’s done quite a bit of “capsule” content recently. I just wish she could come up with something new and creative to film! At least she mentioned she’d be filming a tour of Seattle video – I must admit I’m looking forward to that as I’ve never been to the PNW. :)

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Her 3 min rants about her dumb jewelry is really off putting. "You can use your own creativity". That to me is just code for " I'm too lazy to come up with my own good ideas so you guys just pick".

So her excuse for buying more makeup is bc she didn't bring much with her? When she has loads of make up packed up god knows where?

If I have to hear her say Pall- ette one more time...

Also, she was suspicious trying skincare founded by a super model... but she's trying to sell jewelry just based of her being a youtuber. Does she not realize how she sounds? Skincare from a supermodel makes more sense than buying pearls from a girl that makes make up videos on YouTube!

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

Didn't Elle plan this Seattle trip several weeks in advance? She claimed that she didn't bring a lot of makeup or skin care with her. How is that possible, since most of her stuff is already in storage? How much stuff did she even have with her in Hawaii to sift through?
She seems less miserable in this video but that's probably because she's still on a shopping high. She says that she will be doing What I Eat In a Day videos...so basically her content is not going to improve. At all.
No mention of a job. Or figuring out where she's going to go when her time at the Airbnb is up. But at least she now has several lip balm options. #Girlbosspriorities

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

drasticactions wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:16 am
Her 3 min rants about her dumb jewelry is really off putting. "You can use your own creativity". That to me is just code for " I'm too lazy to come up with my own good ideas so you guys just pick".

So her excuse for buying more makeup is bc she didn't bring much with her? When she has loads of make up packed up god knows where?

If I have to hear her say Pall- ette one more time...

Also, she was suspicious trying skincare founded by a super model... but she's trying to sell jewelry just based of her being a youtuber. Does she not realize how she sounds? Skincare from a supermodel makes more sense than buying pearls from a girl that makes make up videos on YouTube!

And she pronounced it properly once and then went back to mispronouncing it! The only thing I can reason is that she is so deeply insecure that she puts on this phony accent to make herself sound exotic. If anyone questions it, it opens the door to 'well, I am Belgian & French. I have lived abroad.'

Post by Guest »

The way she says palette sounds like Paulette. 🤣 I think in this case she is trying to sound sophisticated and classy especially since we hear her say PALette in the same breath.

I don’t know where she gets this idea that mispronouncing words will make her sound urbane or exotic to her audience. I’m assuming it’s the same in Canada but there is no “upper class” accent in the US. Mispronouncing common words as a native/life long English speaker, however, make you look stupid. 🙄

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

Ugh the thought of her doing a girlboss tour of Seattle? I'd rather eat paint than watch that. Her fancying herself a tour guide extraordinaire coupled with those words she just can't seem to pronounce right coupled with her *GAG* modeling shots... I just can't. At this point I really can't think of any content that she could pull out of her ass that would be likeable. She's too fake and affected. That will taint everything...
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Return to “Elle Florence”