The Anna Edit: One Step Closer to Browmageddon

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Laminated Werewolf Eyebrows Edit - Part 6

Post by litnerd »

Shame on everyone in her life for going along with her horrifying brows and not saying anything.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

Surprised that 2 of the hotels they stayed at (for multiple nights) in Sri Lanka were around $900/night - in a country where you can't drink the tap water and need a bunch of extra vaccinations. I'm glad they can make a killing off of tourists like that, but yeesh. Not my style of vacation spending, in any case. To each their own.

Jigglypuffer
Learner
Learner

Post by Jigglypuffer »

fauxfox wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Surprised that 2 of the hotels they stayed at (for multiple nights) in Sri Lanka were around $900/night - in a country where you can't drink the tap water and need a bunch of extra vaccinations. I'm glad they can make a killing off of tourists like that, but yeesh. Not my style of vacation spending, in any case. To each their own.
They actually say that the best way to support a developing country is to holiday there and support the local economy. Much more effective than voluntourism in many cases.

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

For someone that's been on youtube for so long, her travel vlogs are the worst. All they show are expensive hotels and meals at turistic restaurants. They went to a beautiful place and all we saw where hotel rooms and a few snaps of a beach and few animals. She explained zero of the history and activities you can do on those places, or the local food there other than it's delicious.

Her version of travel vlogging is as good as her decluttering or capsule wardrobe videos, nice in theory but shitty execution.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Ahahah this title is gold :tu:

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Chuchi wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:59 am
For someone that's been on youtube for so long, her travel vlogs are the worst. All they show are expensive hotels and meals at turistic restaurants. They went to a beautiful place and all we saw where hotel rooms and a few snaps of a beach and few animals. She explained zero of the history and activities you can do on those places, or the local food there other than it's delicious.

Her version of travel vlogging is as good as her decluttering or capsule wardrobe videos, nice in theory but shitty execution.
This is my gripe with a lot of these bloggers - they go to these amazing places and then only focus on the hotel rooms and touristy places. I’ll give them credit that at least they seemingly PAID for their holiday, but their travel content is always bland and predictable.

It is so so important to support the local economy of wherever you travel to. When possible, stay, eat and visit places that are be owned and operated by locals, not Westerners. But everyone views travel differently and obviously they prefer to play it safe rather than adventurous.

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

Callan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:26 am
Ahahah this title is gold :tu:
Ta babe!

astridivy
Learner
Learner

Post by astridivy »

That Sri Lanka vlog was the most soulless video I’ve ever seen. Scoffing at $900 a night for such a dull vacation. See: losing your relatability.

Post by Guest »

WHY does she insist on looking like a badly dressed painter?!?! How does she make herself out as some style icon? What is stylish about this outfit? It’s so unflattering! 😩
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Kat_Harissa wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:38 am
WHY does she insist on looking like a badly dressed painter?!?! How does she make herself out as some style icon? What is stylish about this outfit? It’s so unflattering! 😩
I'm starting to think these stay at home Tubers are self proclaimed "icons" at things and its fake it till you make it for them.

nowilaymedowntosleep
Learner
Learner

Post by nowilaymedowntosleep »

I watched her latest q & a putting on makeup video and thank god she finally put eyeshadow on her bottom lash line and put on blush. She looks so ghastly without blush on

holb93
Informer
Informer

Post by holb93 »

It’s unreal how much of her “year of empties” video was just gifted product. I refuse to believe you can have an impartial opinion when you’ve been sent GIFTED products.

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Post by alexachungslegs »

Ugh, she is just such a bore! I don't watch her videos regularly because I currently have no insomnia problems. I just can't with her eyebrows and her eyeshadow drawn almost into her brows. NO, just no! Also, when she has a relaxed facial expression, her mouth closed- she looks kinda cute (sans eyebrows ofc)- with a more flattering clothing style, she could look like a cute french girl. But then she has this unflattering, boring style and her teeth make her look like a horse!

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Lmao at how she hoarded her trash for a whole year to prove she used (gifted!) items. It's not even truly representative of the amount of trash/overconsumption that is produced by beauty gurus in a year...she definitely Anna-Edited it down to look semi minimalistic.

Also why is she doing this towards the end of February? This seems like a December/January vid, so it's kind of random imo.

ilikeitlikethat
Informer
Informer

Post by ilikeitlikethat »

Dear lord her eyebrows look horrendous in her last meal prep video.And I would feel sorry for myself if I had to promote a Waitrose loaf of bread for 1 full minute to earn money.

Anyway sorry if this has been mentioned before but why are Lily and Ana publishing the exact same content to the same audience (except for the baby part) at the exact same time ?
This week again 2 meal prep videos ! They are probably getting the same advise from their agency but that’s really stupid because their channels are competitors - to be fair I’m not gonna watch 2 meal prep videos in one day and the one by Anna seemed more appealing. Lily is clearly behind in terms of views.

Return to “The Anna Edit”