Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Bonki »

Is it me or does she always over do her eye looks. The Morphe video had such a cute eyeshadow look, but she just keep adding and darkening and it the end it looked unblended and muddy. Sam should have stopped halfway through.

bd20112
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bd20112 »

Bonki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:16 am
Is it me or does she always over do her eye looks. The Morphe video had such a cute eyeshadow look, but she just keep adding and darkening and it the end it looked unblended and muddy. Sam should have stopped halfway through.
I was just popping in here to see if anyone mentioned this video. The look turned out horribly and was so unbecoming. If you use a large screen to watch the video you'll see the shadows are patchy and don't blend well at all. She keeps layering because she's trying to hide it in the final look. The dark purple shade was completely eaten alive by the neon pink until she added the black which also looked like crap. Then she had to do a cut crease to hide more of the fading that was happening while she was running her mouth.

Why didn't you show a close up, Sam? Because you usually show a close up, especially when it's a hot button topic/product. hmmm. She's making excuses throughout the entire video and had to go through quite a bit of work to even get a partially passable look which was only made so because she added liner and lashes. Who wants to do all of that every day, or even once a week, just for makeup?! No one, unless they're trying to suck up to Morphe or ABH.

Any credibility she had left (did she have any, though lol) is out the window with this one. Probably should've stayed away from Morphe x Jaclyn, Sam. If you want to kiss Morphe's ass wait for someone a little less problematic.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by itsanneke »

AntelopeTongue wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:42 am
mitty_moo wrote:She's still depressed because she doesn't want to change anything in her life. Obviously something in her life is still making her feel depressed, but change is scary so it's easier to continue living the life you are living and live in denial rather than make any significant change.

Personally I think being a YouTuber is making her depressed. She clearly doesn't enjoy it anymore, and has a hard time dealing with the inevitable internet criticism, but changing careers means a big financial risk. So she'd rather stick with the status quo and complain to everyone about it.
I have to agree with this. I mean, no one can say what is making her unhappy aside from her. However, everytime I watch one of her videos or ESPECIALLY a livestream, she can't even hide the unhappiness/apathy. The way she comes across makes it seem as if she actually hates making videos and only does livestreams because she feels like she has to. Damn those livestreams are painful honestly. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Every time she talks about her mental health she brings up the fact that she's an internet personality and gets a lot of criticism which is really hard to deal with, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that's a big part of her depression. I don't doubt that she has more problems than negative self image but I just wonder at which point she might say that her youtube and instagram career is doing more harm than good.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

she's keeping herself from growing and being a better human. nobody else.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Stumpf
Informer
Informer

Post by Stumpf »

What was up with her live stream earlier. She was on for maybe 5 minutes or so and abruptly ended it after Matt said they weren’t going out. She seemed peeved because she was going to get ready live but tried to play it off like she was joking. Then the stream ended. Lol.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

It’s funny in relation to the conversation up thread about Sam’s intelligence (or how intelligent she perceives herself to be), it was brought up on the podcast that Sam *always* gets complemented for being so beautiful, and successful, and talented but she really wants people to recognize how intelligent and witty she is :roll: :rofl:

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

sofetchxox wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
It’s funny in relation to the conversation up thread about Sam’s intelligence (or how intelligent she perceives herself to be), it was brought up on the podcast that Sam *always* gets complemented for being so beautiful, and successful, and talented but she really wants people to recognize how intelligent and witty she is :roll: :rofl:
Jeez Sam, maybe you aren't recognized for it because you aren't really that intelligent and witty. :roll:

idrinkcoffee
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by idrinkcoffee »

There really should be a thread for Alyssa. She drives me crazy

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

mitty_moo wrote:
sofetchxox wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
Jeez Sam, maybe you aren't recognized for it because you aren't really that intelligent and witty. :roll:
It absolutely grinds my gears when she calls herself "educated". She has a high school diploma, a 9 month makeup diploma, and a single online course on plant based diets.

That's not educated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stumpf
Informer
Informer

Post by Stumpf »

So in today's video she said she doesn't read comments after the first 20 minutes. If I were a diehard fan of hers who always commented, even if hours late, i'd feel so backhanded. Nothing peeves me more than influencers who ignore their comment section either completely or after a certain time and then complain about lack of engagement.

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.

BettyCrocker1
Informer
Informer

Post by BettyCrocker1 »

Stumpf wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.
Hopefully everyone will get the message. What an ass

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:

She's said it before and it's made no impact lol but then she used to say that she only checks comments for like an hour Image

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

this.on wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm
BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:

She's said it before and it's made no impact lol but then she used to say that she only checks comments for like an hour Image

I guess I get it from her perspective. The people who watch a video right away are probably stans who will only hype her up, so she only sees the positive/supportive comments and nothing remotely critical.

Bam999
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bam999 »

idrinkcoffee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 pm
There really should be a thread for Alyssa. She drives me crazy
I agree. Alyssa definitely needs her own thread

bd20112
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bd20112 »

this.on wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm
BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:

I truly think she has a love of makeup but only does YouTube for the money. She could give a shit about anything outside of $. I'm of the opinion that she's incredibly lazy and only cares to do what she wants to do. If she wasn't conventionally pretty by today's standards her IDGAF and fuck the man attitude wouldn't be as appealing to her fans. She'd get called out way more for not caring about them. A lot of YouTubers hire out someone to patrol their comment section and delete anything terribly negative, reply the generic thank yous, flag comments that need more attention from the actual creator and even click the thumbs up button on comments. Sam truly doesn't care unless it benefits her in some way.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Is covid making this forum quieter? or just nothing to say about sam lately?

She mentioned in her latest stream/live that matt bought a new business, an ATM business before covid, so that's not doing well because the stores they were in aren't open anymore. She said he has 30 machines or so. Umm wtf, what line of work is he in? or is he just investing in stuff?

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

smashthebox wrote:Is covid making this forum quieter? or just nothing to say about sam lately?

She mentioned in her latest stream/live that matt bought a new business, an ATM business before covid, so that's not doing well because the stores they were in aren't open anymore. She said he has 30 machines or so. Umm wtf, what line of work is he in? or is he just investing in stuff?
I think she's just been kinda boring lately. I don't think I could take another conversation about stardew valley.

Matt has his own trucking business (that his dad helped him start and completely funded for him when he got out of rehab). Matt's dad also runs his own trucking company. Matt exports wood chips that are typically used for heat and power. Sam has mentioned that he ships to South Korea specifically.

Matt bought ATMs cause his friend was selling them and said it was easy money.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i agree. she's just boring.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

visualsoup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by visualsoup »

Sam is on Twitter asking Americans if they have to pay for healthcare treatment due to Covid-19.
Which, I have to ask what a Canadian with the blessings of universal healthcare and a career where she can work at home is going to offer besides a "damn, that sucks" once she finds out YES, people HAVE TO PAY FOR WHATEVER INSURANCE ISN'T GOING TO COVER. What's the point of even asking that? Also just google it??? Why rub salt into the wound? People are literally losing their family and their livelihood and LIVES over this virus and Sam wants to know if we're paying for treatment..?
A lot of influencers are really bothering me with their patronizing af response to Covid-19. Jackie ran a giveaway on twitter where she made people beg for a pack of toilet paper. They aren't cognizant of their privilege and haven't lost any income or family and already spend a majority of their time in the house so they tweet the most insensitive things.
Just stop. Stick to makeup. Stop asking your American followers how much debt they're about to face with this virus. SO fucking delusional and insensitive.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Following

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”