Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post Reply
gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 1:28 pm
Has thanked: 901 times
Been thanked: 368 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by gGuruStalker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:57 am

Sam is in therapy. She mentions the bitch on every podcast and now Alyssa has the same therapist. The therapist was on the podcast in the first season. All of them are crocks of shit and fake woke/deep. Sam loves playing the victim and wants the attention of being a sAd GiRl.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 am
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by mitty_moo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm

WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.
Image

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2180
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 602 times
Been thanked: 2799 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by milanese15 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:29 pm

mitty_moo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm
WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.
I agree that Sam is (at best, imo) of average intelligence, and her analyses are usually poor recitations of other people's thoughts without any critical analysis of her own. If you ever hear what she has to say in live, unedited situations, she often has a very poor grasp of the topic. When she doesn't have the opportunity to prepare, she lacks the ability to approach a concept critically. And tbh, it seems obvious to me that her preparations come from social media and online sources several steps removed from the original analyses, which is why she slightly misunderstands or lacks nuance. I personally think she's someone who could've really from benefited formal education. There are people who can engage with a topic and think about it critically without that primer of formal education, but I don't think she's one, especially after having watched a lot of her periscopes. I think it's been very important to her on a personal level to seem different, deeper and more intelligent than other beauty gurus, so she has crafted that impression by valuing things other gurus don't. But I don't believe she actually is more intelligent than most beauty gurus--she just represents herself differently.

User avatar
mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 am
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by mitty_moo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:10 pm

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:29 pm
mitty_moo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm
WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.
I agree that Sam is (at best, imo) of average intelligence, and her analyses are usually poor recitations of other people's thoughts without any critical analysis of her own. If you ever hear what she has to say in live, unedited situations, she often has a very poor grasp of the topic. When she doesn't have the opportunity to prepare, she lacks the ability to approach a concept critically. And tbh, it seems obvious to me that her preparations come from social media and online sources several steps removed from the original analyses, which is why she slightly misunderstands or lacks nuance. I personally think she's someone who could've really from benefited formal education. There are people who can engage with a topic and think about it critically without that primer of formal education, but I don't think she's one, especially after having watched a lot of her periscopes. I think it's been very important to her on a personal level to seem different, deeper and more intelligent than other beauty gurus, so she has crafted that impression by valuing things other gurus don't. But I don't believe she actually is more intelligent than most beauty gurus--she just represents herself differently.
I was trying to be nice when I said maybe a few points above average IQ lol :D
Image

User avatar
HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 11696
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 5608 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by HoardganizedJen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm

WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm
mitty_moo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm
WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.
why do you think higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction? "Ignorance is bliss" are words of gold. All things held constant, the more simple your brain, the more likely you are content with just simple pleasures that ultimately lack meaning.
https://www.originsrecovery.com/why-are ... l-illness/
This isn't a depression or intelligence discussion thread. Please keep posts strictly related to Sam.

Thanks!

User avatar
Bonki
Informer
Informer
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 744 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Bonki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:16 am

Is it me or does she always over do her eye looks. The Morphe video had such a cute eyeshadow look, but she just keep adding and darkening and it the end it looked unblended and muddy. Sam should have stopped halfway through.

User avatar
bd20112
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 920 times
Been thanked: 4862 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by bd20112 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 am

Bonki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:16 am
Is it me or does she always over do her eye looks. The Morphe video had such a cute eyeshadow look, but she just keep adding and darkening and it the end it looked unblended and muddy. Sam should have stopped halfway through.
I was just popping in here to see if anyone mentioned this video. The look turned out horribly and was so unbecoming. If you use a large screen to watch the video you'll see the shadows are patchy and don't blend well at all. She keeps layering because she's trying to hide it in the final look. The dark purple shade was completely eaten alive by the neon pink until she added the black which also looked like crap. Then she had to do a cut crease to hide more of the fading that was happening while she was running her mouth.

Why didn't you show a close up, Sam? Because you usually show a close up, especially when it's a hot button topic/product. hmmm. She's making excuses throughout the entire video and had to go through quite a bit of work to even get a partially passable look which was only made so because she added liner and lashes. Who wants to do all of that every day, or even once a week, just for makeup?! No one, unless they're trying to suck up to Morphe or ABH.

Any credibility she had left (did she have any, though lol) is out the window with this one. Probably should've stayed away from Morphe x Jaclyn, Sam. If you want to kiss Morphe's ass wait for someone a little less problematic.

itsanneke
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by itsanneke » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:38 pm

AntelopeTongue wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:42 am
mitty_moo wrote:She's still depressed because she doesn't want to change anything in her life. Obviously something in her life is still making her feel depressed, but change is scary so it's easier to continue living the life you are living and live in denial rather than make any significant change.

Personally I think being a YouTuber is making her depressed. She clearly doesn't enjoy it anymore, and has a hard time dealing with the inevitable internet criticism, but changing careers means a big financial risk. So she'd rather stick with the status quo and complain to everyone about it.
I have to agree with this. I mean, no one can say what is making her unhappy aside from her. However, everytime I watch one of her videos or ESPECIALLY a livestream, she can't even hide the unhappiness/apathy. The way she comes across makes it seem as if she actually hates making videos and only does livestreams because she feels like she has to. Damn those livestreams are painful honestly. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Every time she talks about her mental health she brings up the fact that she's an internet personality and gets a lot of criticism which is really hard to deal with, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that's a big part of her depression. I don't doubt that she has more problems than negative self image but I just wonder at which point she might say that her youtube and instagram career is doing more harm than good.

User avatar
fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm
Has thanked: 980 times
Been thanked: 5884 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by fizzwizz12 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:30 am

she's keeping herself from growing and being a better human. nobody else.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Stumpf
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Stumpf » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:47 pm

What was up with her live stream earlier. She was on for maybe 5 minutes or so and abruptly ended it after Matt said they weren’t going out. She seemed peeved because she was going to get ready live but tried to play it off like she was joking. Then the stream ended. Lol.

User avatar
sofetchxox
Informer
Informer
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:54 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by sofetchxox » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm

It’s funny in relation to the conversation up thread about Sam’s intelligence (or how intelligent she perceives herself to be), it was brought up on the podcast that Sam *always* gets complemented for being so beautiful, and successful, and talented but she really wants people to recognize how intelligent and witty she is :roll: :rofl:

User avatar
mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 am
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by mitty_moo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 pm

sofetchxox wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
It’s funny in relation to the conversation up thread about Sam’s intelligence (or how intelligent she perceives herself to be), it was brought up on the podcast that Sam *always* gets complemented for being so beautiful, and successful, and talented but she really wants people to recognize how intelligent and witty she is :roll: :rofl:
Jeez Sam, maybe you aren't recognized for it because you aren't really that intelligent and witty. :roll:
Image

idrinkcoffee
Talker
Talker
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:49 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by idrinkcoffee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 pm

There really should be a thread for Alyssa. She drives me crazy

this.on
Informer
Informer
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm
Has thanked: 3611 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by this.on » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:23 pm

mitty_moo wrote:
sofetchxox wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
It’s funny in relation to the conversation up thread about Sam’s intelligence (or how intelligent she perceives herself to be), it was brought up on the podcast that Sam *always* gets complemented for being so beautiful, and successful, and talented but she really wants people to recognize how intelligent and witty she is :roll: :rofl:
Jeez Sam, maybe you aren't recognized for it because you aren't really that intelligent and witty. :roll:
It absolutely grinds my gears when she calls herself "educated". She has a high school diploma, a 9 month makeup diploma, and a single online course on plant based diets.

That's not educated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


Stumpf
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Stumpf » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

So in today's video she said she doesn't read comments after the first 20 minutes. If I were a diehard fan of hers who always commented, even if hours late, i'd feel so backhanded. Nothing peeves me more than influencers who ignore their comment section either completely or after a certain time and then complain about lack of engagement.

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.

User avatar
BettyCrocker1
Debater
Debater
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 am
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 737 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by BettyCrocker1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm

Stumpf wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.
Hopefully everyone will get the message. What an ass

this.on
Informer
Informer
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm
Has thanked: 3611 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by this.on » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm

BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.
Hopefully everyone will get the message. What an ass
She's said it before and it's made no impact lol but then she used to say that she only checks comments for like an hour Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
sofetchxox
Informer
Informer
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:54 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 540 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by sofetchxox » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm

this.on wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm
BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.
Hopefully everyone will get the message. What an ass
She's said it before and it's made no impact lol but then she used to say that she only checks comments for like an hour Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I guess I get it from her perspective. The people who watch a video right away are probably stans who will only hype her up, so she only sees the positive/supportive comments and nothing remotely critical.

Bam999
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:15 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by Bam999 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 pm

idrinkcoffee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 pm
There really should be a thread for Alyssa. She drives me crazy
I agree. Alyssa definitely needs her own thread

User avatar
bd20112
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 920 times
Been thanked: 4862 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by bd20112 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:47 am

this.on wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 pm
BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Stumpf wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 pm

She's pretty much telling her audience there is no point to commenting after the first 20 minutes.
Hopefully everyone will get the message. What an ass
She's said it before and it's made no impact lol but then she used to say that she only checks comments for like an hour Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I truly think she has a love of makeup but only does YouTube for the money. She could give a shit about anything outside of $. I'm of the opinion that she's incredibly lazy and only cares to do what she wants to do. If she wasn't conventionally pretty by today's standards her IDGAF and fuck the man attitude wouldn't be as appealing to her fans. She'd get called out way more for not caring about them. A lot of YouTubers hire out someone to patrol their comment section and delete anything terribly negative, reply the generic thank yous, flag comments that need more attention from the actual creator and even click the thumbs up button on comments. Sam truly doesn't care unless it benefits her in some way.

User avatar
smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 449 times
Been thanked: 344 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by smashthebox » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:39 pm

Is covid making this forum quieter? or just nothing to say about sam lately?

She mentioned in her latest stream/live that matt bought a new business, an ATM business before covid, so that's not doing well because the stores they were in aren't open anymore. She said he has 30 machines or so. Umm wtf, what line of work is he in? or is he just investing in stuff?

this.on
Informer
Informer
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm
Has thanked: 3611 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by this.on » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:44 pm

smashthebox wrote:Is covid making this forum quieter? or just nothing to say about sam lately?

She mentioned in her latest stream/live that matt bought a new business, an ATM business before covid, so that's not doing well because the stores they were in aren't open anymore. She said he has 30 machines or so. Umm wtf, what line of work is he in? or is he just investing in stuff?
I think she's just been kinda boring lately. I don't think I could take another conversation about stardew valley.

Matt has his own trucking business (that his dad helped him start and completely funded for him when he got out of rehab). Matt's dad also runs his own trucking company. Matt exports wood chips that are typically used for heat and power. Sam has mentioned that he ships to South Korea specifically.

Matt bought ATMs cause his friend was selling them and said it was easy money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm
Has thanked: 980 times
Been thanked: 5884 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by fizzwizz12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:28 pm

i agree. she's just boring.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

visualsoup
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:22 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by visualsoup » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Sam is on Twitter asking Americans if they have to pay for healthcare treatment due to Covid-19.
Which, I have to ask what a Canadian with the blessings of universal healthcare and a career where she can work at home is going to offer besides a "damn, that sucks" once she finds out YES, people HAVE TO PAY FOR WHATEVER INSURANCE ISN'T GOING TO COVER. What's the point of even asking that? Also just google it??? Why rub salt into the wound? People are literally losing their family and their livelihood and LIVES over this virus and Sam wants to know if we're paying for treatment..?
A lot of influencers are really bothering me with their patronizing af response to Covid-19. Jackie ran a giveaway on twitter where she made people beg for a pack of toilet paper. They aren't cognizant of their privilege and haven't lost any income or family and already spend a majority of their time in the house so they tweet the most insensitive things.
Just stop. Stick to makeup. Stop asking your American followers how much debt they're about to face with this virus. SO fucking delusional and insensitive.

User avatar
qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:18 pm
Has thanked: 1253 times
Been thanked: 1108 times

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by qwerty888 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Following
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”