Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by milanese15 »

this.on wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:53 am
rva1 wrote:Are all these livestreams on youtube or periscope? I used to seriously stop everything I was doing and watch all of her periscopes like a year ago, I've now deleted the app. Glad to see I'm not missing much
They're all on YouTube now, no idea why lol

She has like a thousand people watching at a time and rawbeautykristi had like 2k+ viewers after 3hrs (at 11pm her time) which is kinda embarrassing for Samantha, she has a larger following but half as much engagement on lives apparently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tbh, looking at socialblade, I think Kristi is more relevant now. She gets higher views than Samantha and has grown a lot over the past year (Sam grew by 50k over the past year vs Kristi's 400k). She has really stagnated, and now Kristi is only 72K subscribers behind. She hasn't even gotten a million views total over the past 30 days, while Kristi got more than 7.5M

alexisserraa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alexisserraa »

I always think it’s sooo lazy when creators ask for inspiration or what they think they should do next.. isn’t it your job as a CREaToRrr to think of this stuff on your own??? Imagine movie writers ask the public ideas on what movie they want next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undertheinfluence
Lurker
Lurker

Post by undertheinfluence »

It makes sense that Kristi's channel has grown while Sam's is stagnant, she never posts. Kristi is always posting and it feels almost like something I haven't seen before. Sam is usually really good at ideas, I think so idk what her problem is.

Mental health shouldn't be the excuse. I have quit jobs in the past because of mental health struggles because if I can't perform the duties I have been hired to do then I need to move on. It is Sam's responsibility to do her job or find a new one. Stringing people along and using them for a mental health boost isn't okay. or asking them to do your job for you. like Allana might be a ruining her face with injections and taking any AD deal she can get her hands on but she is at least making an attempt at content (maybe bad example because she is such a sell out)

Honestly its what the majority of these people are doing now it seems.

eucalyptusoil
Informer
Informer

Post by eucalyptusoil »

insomniac1977 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 am
Did see on Twitter she's complaining of creator burnout and wants to know what her viewer want to see? How on earth can you have burnout, you do the same damn things over and over. It's amazing how quickly they all forget what it's like to have a normal day job! This woe is me attitude from these people is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes these people are delusion...in comparison to so many other jobs...this is not brutal. It's such an entitled attitude.

undertheinfluence
Lurker
Lurker

eucalyptusoil wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 pm
insomniac1977 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 am
Did see on Twitter she's complaining of creator burnout and wants to know what her viewer want to see? How on earth can you have burnout, you do the same damn things over and over. It's amazing how quickly they all forget what it's like to have a normal day job! This woe is me attitude from these people is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes these people are delusion...in comparison to so many other jobs...this is not brutal. It's such an entitled attitude.
I have actually heard Sam acknowledge this in videos or lives before, that she remembers working hourly /regular jobs, how miserable it was, and she was actually even fired from her last one.

It seems wrong that these people cannot be fired or even suffer negatively (besides maybe their own guilt - Sam should really look into this as a component of her depression) from poor work performance.

eucalyptusoil
Informer
Informer

Post by eucalyptusoil »

I'm not a regular watcher of her content, but I know she continues to use her mental health as the reasons for why she doesn't produce as much...but considering she is well enough to afford regular therapy, which would help her...I just find her annoying. She has the means to care for herself, yet refuses to (unless I'm mistaken and she's now in therapy).

It's beyond frustrating when well to-do people complain about mental health, but don't go seek therapy. What about all the other people who don't have the funds to see a therapist and must work a regular job? This is why I can't take influencers who complain about how hard their lives are, it's deluded.

undertheinfluence
Lurker
Lurker

eucalyptusoil wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm not a regular watcher of her content, but I know she continues to use her mental health as the reasons for why she doesn't produce as much...but considering she is well enough to afford regular therapy, which would help her...I just find her annoying. She has the means to care for herself, yet refuses to (unless I'm mistaken and she's now in therapy).

It's beyond frustrating when well to-do people complain about mental health, but don't go seek therapy. What about all the other people who don't have the funds to see a therapist and must work a re3gular job? This is why I can't take influencers who complain about how hard their lives are, it's deluded.
She is in therapy and takes antidepressants.

My thing is that she is clearly still unhappy and had the means to do the things to change her life, to explore her self and the world and find what works for her and do it. Reality is that things change and life's moves and we have to move with it. She is intelligent and able to speak with clarity about emotional topics and offers some of the best advice I have heard from beauty YouTube about relationships and interacting with others but she still isn't taking care of herself and it shows. It might be cool that she is sharing her mental health journey with others but unfortunately it comes off as the whines of the privileged because not many people are in her specific situation.

Is there any other beauty guru that complains about mental health as much?? Jamie Paige has mentioned it and estee goes in on her anxiety sometimes but to my knowledge no one is quite as "open" as Sam is

another thing about her being in therapy, it is great she is doing that but if she isn't being challenged and making progress it isn't working and she needs to find a new one. So many people go to therapy just for external validation it seems, which isn't the point

undertheinfluence
Lurker
Lurker

Sorry for double post

She needs like an (Lacanian) analyst not a therapist. Therapists are great for the foundations but its hard to find a good one that will really challenge and unless her issue is heavily trauma related she isn't going to get what she needs.

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

She's still depressed because she doesn't want to change anything in her life. Obviously something in her life is still making her feel depressed, but change is scary so it's easier to continue living the life you are living and live in denial rather than make any significant change.

Personally I think being a YouTuber is making her depressed. She clearly doesn't enjoy it anymore, and has a hard time dealing with the inevitable internet criticism, but changing careers means a big financial risk. So she'd rather stick with the status quo and complain to everyone about it.

AntelopeTongue
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AntelopeTongue »

mitty_moo wrote:She's still depressed because she doesn't want to change anything in her life. Obviously something in her life is still making her feel depressed, but change is scary so it's easier to continue living the life you are living and live in denial rather than make any significant change.

Personally I think being a YouTuber is making her depressed. She clearly doesn't enjoy it anymore, and has a hard time dealing with the inevitable internet criticism, but changing careers means a big financial risk. So she'd rather stick with the status quo and complain to everyone about it.
I have to agree with this. I mean, no one can say what is making her unhappy aside from her. However, everytime I watch one of her videos or ESPECIALLY a livestream, she can't even hide the unhappiness/apathy. The way she comes across makes it seem as if she actually hates making videos and only does livestreams because she feels like she has to. Damn those livestreams are painful honestly. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

we don't know that she has mental health issues and is actually taking medication or therapy to help. we only know what she tells us, and how many people embellish things to get sympathy?

she's the girl who cries wolf. like all of these stupid influenzers
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

undertheinfluence
Lurker
Lurker

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 am
we don't know that she has mental health issues and is actually taking medication or therapy to help. we only know what she tells us, and how many people embellish things to get sympathy?

I totally believe she is in therapy. The way she talks about emotions and relationships sounds like the way a therapist talks about those things and if she isn't taking antidepressants then her deceptive long con of knowing a lot about them and their names and side effects is wild .

She seems really depressed and says she is so I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. There are levels to these sorts of things and maybe she is exaggerating but if that is the case I would think it isn't malicious but just simply that she doesn't know anything else.

and OMGosh Yes it seems like her job isn't fulfilling to her and causing her depression at least in part (Unless she has like trauma she hasn't shared with us buy her ego really doesn't scream traumatized person to me). She seems like she is the type of person who needs to feel challenged and like she is doing something different, like her veganism and obsessions with sustainability ... these are things she is obviously passionate about and YouTube isn't even inspiring her creativity anymore. Remember when she would do some wild entertaining look for Halloween?? or ya know post in general ?? The series of makeup on different faces was good.

Sierra25
Informer
Informer

Post by Sierra25 »

I’m not surprised she did a favorable review of Jaclyn’s new palette. She’s definitely been on the *poor lil Jaclyn* train lately.

eucalyptusoil
Informer
Informer

Post by eucalyptusoil »

I get the sense that being a YT content creator can lead to depression. So many of them seem to isolate themselves, and if they do videos so regularly they end up running out of ideas. But they're also afraid to quit because in the past money came easy, and if they work a regular job it won't be as easy. So they resent YT, but also don't want to get a regular job...so they feel stuck.

She could take some time off and refresh? That alone would probably give her new ideas. Maybe take a vacation and stay off social media for a month?

AntelopeTongue
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AntelopeTongue »

That livestream earlier . At this point I'm convinced she's doing so many of them just to get to a million subscribers. That's honestly the way it's coming across. She has literally nothing of substance to say. And she knows it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

undertheinfluence wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 am
fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 am

I totally believe she is in therapy. The way she talks about emotions and relationships sounds like the way a therapist talks about those things and if she isn't taking antidepressants then her deceptive long con of knowing a lot about them and their names and side effects is wild .

She seems really depressed and says she is so I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. There are levels to these sorts of things and maybe she is exaggerating but if that is the case I would think it isn't malicious but just simply that she doesn't know anything else.

and OMGosh Yes it seems like her job isn't fulfilling to her and causing her depression at least in part (Unless she has like trauma she hasn't shared with us buy her ego really doesn't scream traumatized person to me). She seems like she is the type of person who needs to feel challenged and like she is doing something different, like her veganism and obsessions with sustainability ... these are things she is obviously passionate about and YouTube isn't even inspiring her creativity anymore. Remember when she would do some wild entertaining look for Halloween?? or ya know post in general ?? The series of makeup on different faces was good.
eh, you can also learn a lot by spending your time falling down the rabbit hole that is the internet. it's not hard to google that information. and again, perhaps she is in therapy. however, i cannot imagine any therapist worth their salt would recommend she stay in this kinda public climate by airing all of her shit on a public platform. yes, one needs to work through and grow from what they've experienced. But she hasn't done any of that and it looks like she's regressing more than growing.

and if she's falling for jaclyn hill's bullshit. she needs a new therapist.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker

Post by gGuruStalker »

Sam is in therapy. She mentions the bitch on every podcast and now Alyssa has the same therapist. The therapist was on the podcast in the first season. All of them are crocks of shit and fake woke/deep. Sam loves playing the victim and wants the attention of being a sAd GiRl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

mitty_moo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm
WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:

yeah I too was shocked by how intelligent she is when she speaks! I think intelligent people are more likely to be depressed. Life is meaningless and intelligent people are not satisfied with that.

do you guys know why she is so depressed? was she depressed always throughout her time on youtube? i wish she would share more about why/how/what makes her depressed, because she's really relatable in that area
That's not true. Higher intelligence is correlated with happiness and better life satisfaction. Sam is maybe a few points above average intelligence, enough to regurgitate things she reads online. She's "relatable" because she's average lol. If she were smart, she'd have figured out a way to change jobs or use her current audience to build some sort of business or something.
I agree that Sam is (at best, imo) of average intelligence, and her analyses are usually poor recitations of other people's thoughts without any critical analysis of her own. If you ever hear what she has to say in live, unedited situations, she often has a very poor grasp of the topic. When she doesn't have the opportunity to prepare, she lacks the ability to approach a concept critically. And tbh, it seems obvious to me that her preparations come from social media and online sources several steps removed from the original analyses, which is why she slightly misunderstands or lacks nuance. I personally think she's someone who could've really from benefited formal education. There are people who can engage with a topic and think about it critically without that primer of formal education, but I don't think she's one, especially after having watched a lot of her periscopes. I think it's been very important to her on a personal level to seem different, deeper and more intelligent than other beauty gurus, so she has crafted that impression by valuing things other gurus don't. But I don't believe she actually is more intelligent than most beauty gurus--she just represents herself differently.

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:29 pm
mitty_moo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm
WhatsTheTeaHunty wrote:

I agree that Sam is (at best, imo) of average intelligence, and her analyses are usually poor recitations of other people's thoughts without any critical analysis of her own. If you ever hear what she has to say in live, unedited situations, she often has a very poor grasp of the topic. When she doesn't have the opportunity to prepare, she lacks the ability to approach a concept critically. And tbh, it seems obvious to me that her preparations come from social media and online sources several steps removed from the original analyses, which is why she slightly misunderstands or lacks nuance. I personally think she's someone who could've really from benefited formal education. There are people who can engage with a topic and think about it critically without that primer of formal education, but I don't think she's one, especially after having watched a lot of her periscopes. I think it's been very important to her on a personal level to seem different, deeper and more intelligent than other beauty gurus, so she has crafted that impression by valuing things other gurus don't. But I don't believe she actually is more intelligent than most beauty gurus--she just represents herself differently.
I was trying to be nice when I said maybe a few points above average IQ lol :D

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”