Re: Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by BeautyGirl »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 am
TheLoneStranger wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:52 am
Tttttrassh wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am
I don’t mind the ok boomer thing. I qualify as gen x myself, but there’s no doubt those particular generations have been more condescending to their descendants than was necessary. Plus, generations are arbitrary marketing constructs.

It’s tempting to argue with kids until you remember their minds aren’t even half formed, with no facility for critical thinking. They can only repeat the last thing they heard as if it was fact.
I was recently surprised and horrified to find out marketers categorized me as a Millennial. I didn't have a cell phone, computer, or cable tv until I was in my 20's. I grew up with a dot-matrix printer, a rotary phone and a VCR. I still own a Walkman and an original Nintendo. It really is so arbitrary. And I still get called Boomer on SM.
You do know that “boomer” is a term coined by genZ’s for anyone older and unaware of their youth things. Boomers yes are a generation of people. But when you say “ok boomer” it’s a way of saying “you’re too old to understand what i am saying” it’s not that you are actually from the boomer generation. You just are old and don’t understand them and their cool trends.
If that’s it then perhaps they need a new term because it just makes them come across as ignorant to most of the population. Considering most of the population is older then them and associates “Boomer” with a generation. Which they must have known and didn’t understand considering “boomer” is an odd term to just come up with out of thin air.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

BeautyGirl wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:54 pm
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tttttrassh wrote:
I don’t mind the ok boomer thing. I qualify as gen x myself, but there’s no doubt those particular generations have been more condescending to their descendants than was necessary. Plus, generations are arbitrary marketing constructs.

It’s tempting to argue with kids until you remember their minds aren’t even half formed, with no facility for critical thinking. They can only repeat the last thing they heard as if it was fact.
I was recently surprised and horrified to find out marketers categorized me as a Millennial. I didn't have a cell phone, computer, or cable tv until I was in my 20's. I grew up with a dot-matrix printer, a rotary phone and a VCR. I still own a Walkman and an original Nintendo. It really is so arbitrary. And I still get called Boomer on SM.
You do know that “boomer” is a term coined by genZ’s for anyone older and unaware of their youth things. Boomers yes are a generation of people. But when you say “ok boomer” it’s a way of saying “you’re too old to understand what i am saying” it’s not that you are actually from the boomer generation. You just are old and don’t understand them and their cool trends.
If that’s it then perhaps they need a new term because it just makes them come across as ignorant to most of the population. Considering most of the population is older then them and associates “Boomer” with a generation. Which they must have known and didn’t understand considering “boomer” is an odd term to just come up with out of thin air.
I mean You’re talking about the same generation who “hit the woah” of course most of the population is older than them, but it’s just a term to point out that you’re old and clueless.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BeautyGirl »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:19 am
MindOverNoMatter wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:05 am
I actually require my high school students to create a presentation that is basically a big debate against themselves. Having to form an argument against your own viewpoint really builds critical thinking.

Also, I think it is fine to criticize a Annie's work ethic and habits. Especially when she is presented as a role model for young girls. We aren't assuming she will never improve herself (we all have been there and probably have changed for the better). But it's important to look critically at the message being sent to teens with how interconnected the internet is with reality.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk
Interesting. Sorry if i go off topic a bit but what do you mean they have to make an argument for themselves? Like a one man debate with both a for and against viewpoint on one topic? It’s interesting and i think It’s cool to challenge kids to see both sides of any argument.

Also i agree It’s fine to criticize her as a role model. So many people use their platform to speak on something close to their heart and many just like the adoration. Annie likes to be worshipped without having to do anything. It’s incredibly evident that she likes the public praise but doesn’t like to work. She hasn’t worked hard since level 7 of gymnastics if you even wanna say she did back then. But it’s even more obvious that she’s not driven to improve in her career or even keep that career going now that she doesn’t have the crutch of her family channel to keep her relevant and lived. It’s why she is getting so much hate for not being active on SM. She never was active. But there were daily vlogs then weekly vlogs to keep kids interested in her. Now that that’s gone, it’s more obvious that she was never someone who worked hard for her platform and now kids are mad cause they don’t have anything else to keep her fans engaged.
Agree. She’s used to being admired. After Caleb passed away and her parents stopped parenting they put all of their focus on her. She came first before anything. Her wants were more important then Hayleys. Like Hayley wanting time do dance and go to a brick and mortar school. They pulled her from those all to focus on Annie. They tossed Annie into the spot light and did what they could to keep her there. She has no work ethic because all she’s done is what she’s told to do. Right now her focus is the illusion of being an adult, with and adult relationship and an adult life. It’s so sad what’s happened to this family.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I think it’s sad to see someone so young forcing such an adult lifestyle on herself. She has 3 years of childhood left and then it’s done forever. I remember Wanting to be older in certain aspects but i never rushed adulthood. Can’t remember if it was my doing or my mother’s. I know She would have never let me have a relationship like Ashannie. But i remember still being shy around boy’s at 15/16. From the moment she moved into her apartment room, she has been pushing the envelope more and more for adult freedom. But the fact that she’s not learning adult responsibilities is what annoys me. One day she’s gonna wanna move out, is she gonna be able to prioritize rent over another beachy vacay? When was the last time we even saw her with her mother and sister? Seems like every post is just her and Asher or her doing those predictive stories like what friends character are you or whatever. She went on that vacation with him that seems like Katie wasn’t invited to. Unless Asher truly marries her when she is 18, her money is going to run out and her frivolous spending is going to be more and more difficult to do when you’re used to living in $4,000/month apartments and $2 million dollar mansions. Her time on brat isn’t going to pay for her luxury apartment like the one they lived in in Glendale. Plus she’ll want the biggest iPhone with the most space with unlimited date and a $300/month phone bill. Plus postmates cause she can’t be bothered to grocery shop and she was never taught how to grocery shop for things that aren’t little Debby snack cakes and Oreos and family size bags of Doritos. She is going to have a tough time being a responsible adult. If Asher does marry her, she better hope his career takes off cause she wasn’t born to be live in a budget.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

BeautyGirl wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tttttrassh wrote:

Boomer refers to people born in the "Baby Boom" following WWII, between 1946 and 1964. At least, it used to. Which is actually weird, because people born at the beginning of it had very different experiences than people born at the end, so lumping us all together is weird.
Anyway, now it apparently just means old and clueless to people who are young and clueless and can't come up with a better comeback. And believe everything that Annie says.Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Copper
Learner
Learner

Post by Copper »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:18 am
Copper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 pm
I love when you argue with the minions and write more than 4 sentences and they tell you to stop writing so much cause they aren’t gonna read it. Like is that what twitter has done to kids? They can’t read after 280 characters? Before you know it TV shows are going to be 10 seconds long cause Tik Tok has trained kids to have the attention span of 15-60 seconds. Geez, i really hope there are kids out there who still read books cause social media is causing kids to have zero attention span. Even when talking about their idol.
I feel that! I posted something on Youtube about how times are obviously different cause my mother would have smacked me into next year if I had ever even mentioned a guy's name let alone how much worse that would be if I brought up going on holiday with him at that age - and the response was "Okay boomer! Annie is a smart, mature, responsible girl and how dare you bully a 15yo"...And when I brought up the fact that no, she's really not - I was again called a boomer and told that I had no right to talk about her. I brought up the statutory rape thing -and this same girl responds with - Annie knows about safe sex...Does she? Like in all seriousness - Katie checked out of parenting when Annie was what, 12? I don't think there would have been ANY talk about sex for Annie (or Hayley). That would be in the "too hard" basket.
I sometimes wanna ask if they even watch the vlogs cause Annie couldn’t figure out why 0x9 was 0 and not 9... she was in 8th grade. She relies HEAVILY on Jayden doing her homework with her or debatably for her. Not too mention Katie is such an immature woman. You really think she’s talking about safe sex? Yeah. Right. And the funny thing is they will change their tune when Annie gets pregnant. They will be like “how could she have done this?” I hear From her stans a lot that she is “smart” and while i get being smart is more than knowing classic literature and what the second chromosome is. But Annie has never displayed any kind of book or street smarts.

Someone had to argue with me that Annie wanted to be a singer and that she said she loves being onstage. But when i tried To explain that she most likely said that for image and marketing over being truthful and honest and that someone who does love music does it all the time regardless of if they are working or not and we never see Annie doing anything off the clock except laying in bed scrolling on her phone. But this persons reply was “but she said so herself” and i just Wanted to scream. Are kids this naive?! I Feel like that reply should come from the mouth of a 9 year old but I’m pretty sure this girl was the same age as Annie... how does “she said so herself” have any weight if her actions say idc. I mean ahe forgot the lyrics to her own song. Find me one professional singer who doesn’t know the lyrics to their own song (human nature of course happen s and they forget but Annie didn’t know the lyrics to her music so much they put her full music behind her to sing along with). If Billie Eilish sang along to her songs like Annie did, she wouldn’t be the biggest star for an 18 yr old. When i tried To explain this to her she was like “i dont Know why you’re writing so much i didnt Even read it” and then i was Like oh you’re ignorant and naive. Ok. End of conversation. I realize she’s a kid but she needs to learn how to open your mind to the fact that you may have been fed a lie.
I brought up the blanket and how I thought that was DEFINITELY a sign that Annie was not mature enough for sex if she couldn't handle not being without her blanket when asked - and was told to "deal with it" and that all teenagers are dependant on their comfort items these days. Like - I've been through some pretty rough shit in life and even I know that my comfort "behaviours" have a time and a place.Like imagine being in a meeting with your boss and being disciplined and you pull out a blankie and start rubbing your nose on it while crying? I got told to stop "bullying" a "child" for that... Again - proving my point that Annie (nor her fans) know how old she wants to be.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Not even Katie knows how old her daughter wants to be and has said that one minute she acts 5 the next like she’s 25. I mean I am an adult with comfort attachments. But it stays in one place. Also if all teens are still attached to their blankie then none of them are ready for sex and all the responsibilities both physically and emotionally surrounding sex. I realize teens think that they know everything and by the time they are 22 and on their own realize just how little they know. But they encourage and push Annie into dangerous behaviors and it makes the situation sooo much worse. Especially for someone who has a baby voice she uses cause she thinks it’s cute and sniffs a blanket when she has a free moment but also wants to wear skimpy bikini’s and sleep with her bf who is too old for her.

melihey
Learner
Learner

Post by melihey »

In her last intagram stories Annie has been with a friend (don't know her name sorry), and it seems like she was hanging alone with this friend driving around... going shopping, eating sushi and then at the gym. No Katie to be seen, I wonder what's gonna happen when (and if) Annie starts to drive she might begin to enjoy this little bit of freedom and want more...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

melihey wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:05 pm
In her last intagram stories Annie has been with a friend (don't know her name sorry), and it seems like she was hanging alone with this friend driving around... going shopping, eating sushi and then at the gym. No Katie to be seen, I wonder what's gonna happen when (and if) Annie starts to drive Image she might begin to enjoy this little bit of freedom and want more...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I think you are talking bout Lilia (her Mom went to prison for the college scandal). Annie is a couple of years younger than her Brat co-stars, so she has been riding around with them for a year or two already. That probably feeds into her need to be seen as an adult. She always wanted to be around older kids, but it seemed like it was to be carried around and babied for most of her life. Then the second she neared puberty it was a total 180 with padded bras, boyfriends and string bikinis.

She has far more freedom than most adults now. She has her own fully stocked/furnished apartment and a credit card linked to someone else's account. No regular school/work. She gets driven/flown anywhere she wants on demand, including Valentine's Day trips to tropical islands with her older boyfriend. Annie has run that house for years.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I am convinced that Annie only works out when she posts about it in social media and seems like only when she is with someone else.

Also, yes. Running through her families pent up income on frivolous travels and wearing the newest and coolest stuff is going to last for only so long. I’m not sure if she is working much these days and i can tell you a personal trainer especially a social media trainer doesn’t come cheap. Sushi in LA is not cheap. She will get a luxury car for her birthday if she doesn’t already have one and round trip flights last minute to Arizona are all burning up money that isn’t pouring as quickly as it once was. I ‘m surprised Katie is letting her run around dropping hundreds on things she doesn’t need. It seems like she works out only once or twice a month when she’s with Jayden or Lilia. I assume Asher’s not a gym rat so she probably doesn’t work out with him. Plus every time she does workout she posts it in her story. So i assume That that’s not a regular occurrence and it’s probably $50 to workout with a private trainer like that in LA. Which is probably nothing to her atm. But the fact that they aren’t raking in the cash like they used to, it would be smart to blow through it on things you can do for free at home with a TV and YouTube and a few free weights.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

If anyone had any doubt that Famous Birthdays was heavily pro-Annie, they made Hayden play a game where he had to identify "influencers" based on a zoomed in image, and they ended the game with a picture of Annie and Asher. Then laughed at Hayden when he guessed it right away.

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Bratayley- Life After Vlogging... Bratayley who? Part 17

Post by Changeofheart »

And she went to the same trainer that Kenzie always uses. He seems to work with a lot of influencers so it’s not a huge deal but how convenient.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

TheLoneStranger wrote:If anyone had any doubt that Famous Birthdays was heavily pro-Annie, they made Hayden play a game where he had to identify "influencers" based on a zoomed in image, and they ended the game with a picture of Annie and Asher. Then laughed at Hayden when he guessed it right away.

Famous Birthdays is so weird to me.

I just think it's hilarious that even Hayden has a small part in the Disney movie "Zombies 2", but Annie can't seem to get a job at Nick or Disney despite all of the maneuvering and apparent back alley dealing on her behalf.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Famous Birthday’s is weird. It’s like if Wikipedia or IMDb decided to start a YouTube channel and just make the dumbest videos. Like all FB is is a database of celebrity bios. The ranking them stuff is stupid. But why they started a YouTube channel that forces very small influencers to come in and play the stupid guessing games that don’t really have anything to do with celebrity birthday. Also, it’s really cruel to throw Ashannie in his face. Perhaps Hayden feels bad for Asher. But who knows. It just seems like a bad thing to do to someone.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:58 pm
If anyone had any doubt that Famous Birthdays was heavily pro-Annie, they made Hayden play a game where he had to identify "influencers" based on a zoomed in image, and they ended the game with a picture of Annie and Asher. Then laughed at Hayden when he guessed it right away.

What a weird thing to do to a child. Screw FB.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Does she do anything now besides photo shoots and hanging out with Asher? Oh and "galentine's day" with a couple of girlfriends.
She isn't tall enough, skinny enough, or honestly gorgeous enough to really be a model for a living (not saying she is fat or ugly-- she is neither, she just isn't model skinny or model gorgeous). So if she's thinking that is going to be her career path, she will have a hard time.
She isn't vlogging, she isn't putting out music, it doesn't look like she is working even on Brat series much. All I see her doing are photo shoots and jet-setting around with Asher and doing Tik Toks. The $$ her family made from YT isn't going to last long at the rate she is spending. And for some reason I just don't see Asher marrying her.

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 pm
Does she do anything now besides photo shoots and hanging out with Asher? Oh and "galentine's day" with a couple of girlfriends.
She isn't tall enough, skinny enough, or honestly gorgeous enough to really be a model for a living (not saying she is fat or ugly-- she is neither, she just isn't model skinny or model gorgeous). So if she's thinking that is going to be her career path, she will have a hard time.
She isn't vlogging, she isn't putting out music, it doesn't look like she is working even on Brat series much. All I see her doing are photo shoots and jet-setting around with Asher and doing Tik Toks. The $$ her family made from YT isn't going to last long at the rate she is spending. And for some reason I just don't see Asher marrying her.

To be fair, it does seem like sometimes Annie can't win on here.

For sometime now the consensus has been that the best thing for Annie would be to take a step back from the spotlight and try and develop some sense of a normal life that isn't being broadcast on YouTube 24/7.

Now it seems like she might well just be trying to do that, the complaint is that her career is stagnating, and she's not in the spotlight enough.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

bratguru12 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 pm

To be fair, it does seem like sometimes Annie can't win on here.

For sometime now the consensus has been that the best thing for Annie would be to take a step back from the spotlight and try and develop some sense of a normal life that isn't being broadcast on YouTube 24/7.

Now it seems like she might well just be trying to do that, the complaint is that her career is stagnating, and she's not in the spotlight enough.
Flying back and forth to Arizona, surprising her boyfriend when he is traveling, doing photo shoots trying to look like Vogue covers and tropical vacations are not "a normal life" for most teens.
If she was putting effort into school, spending her weekends at the mall with girlfriends and Asher, and yes, I suppose doing Tik Toks (because that's what teens do these days), I would be more inclined to say that she has taken a step back and was living a more normal life.
And I wasn't so much talking about her career as her life in general seems so aimless. Most teenagers I know at least have some kind of goal-- college, or some idea of what they would like to do with their lives. Hers seems to be simply to learn the latest Tik Tok dance the first day it's out. And it's a fact: at the rate she is spending, her money isn't going to last. I'm not saying she needs to get out and hustle and earn a bunch of money, but she needs to slow down the money hemorrhaging or the whole family is going to end up broke.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I do agree that she needs to slow down the spending. But there still seems to be a draw to wanting to be in the limo guy somehow. Either by modeling or having a famous boyfriend. She is quickly becoming irrelevant in the eyes of her minions and she is grasping at straws to stay relevant. She wants to live a lavish life. It’s the life she’s always known and even more so since being in LA. Life in LA for her is not normal school, going to the mall with friends and making Tik Toks. The point is that in the entertainment world, she doesn’t have what it takes to be famous without someone or something getting her there.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Unbelievable. Image

Return to “Bratayley”