Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

candlequitter
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

Post by candlequitter »

The biggest difference to me in terms of this latest upload vs. everything he's uploaded in like, the past 2 years is that he looks like he's having fun in this one.

bananahammock90
Talker
Talker

Post by bananahammock90 »

candlequitter wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm
The biggest difference to me in terms of this latest upload vs. everything he's uploaded in like, the past 2 years is that he looks like he's having fun in this one.
True! You can tell he was really excited to trick his friends lol He was relaxed and having fun and it came through the screen. The last “docuseries” he just seemed stressed and depressed.

Melody7827
Informer
Informer

Post by Melody7827 »

KylaCutie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 am
Honestly if Shane does actually attempt to film a makeup look though, I will absolutely live for it! I can actually do makeup (I'm no Pat McGrath but I could probably start a makeup IG or some crap and get some likes) and unless Shane has DRAMATICALLY improved over the holidays then that shit will be hilarious and he will get dragged.
As great as that sounds, I'm sure his fans will excuse it. In jeffrees thread, the j star cosmetics reddit was brought it up. Some awful looks in there and everyone's praising how beautiful it is
Stans are going to stand by anything Shane puts on his face IF he even bothers

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:55 pm
i wouldn't be surprised if shane does a series sitting down with trisha next. i know they've done stuff in the past, but it was more for comedic relief. i have a feeling he'll dive deep into her emotional relationship/breakup with jason nash, and the vlog squad drama, her spiral(s), and the most recent scandal-- her pretending to be a trans for views

she's a mess but id watch lmao
I think that would be the last straw for A LOT of people. While there are fans of both of them, there are a lot of people who can't stand her that only watched her videos when Shane was in them and would complain when she was featured in his videos. She is the female (whatever the fuck she is identifying as today) version of him but ten times worse. There are too many scandals and Shane is not going to actually dive into them. He will accept her cookie cutter answer of "I'm an internet troll" for every single answer. She has legit sat down to make videos where she is definitely not trolling but they were received so poorly she had no choice but to claim she was.

Plus, I really don't want to see Shane try to compare his own scandals with her stupidity. They both have said and done very fucked up things and neither should have platforms. All a Shane series would do is get Trisha more fans like it did for Jeffree.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

I don't know if Shane would actually do a series with Trisha. Not because he's above it but because he risks pissing off David Dobrik/Vlog Squad fans who absolutely despise Trisha (with good reason).

disgracedwaterpuppy
Learner
Learner

Post by disgracedwaterpuppy »

A series on Trisha would only be on the map if she did something extremely controversial that blew up beyond the sphere of very online youtuber drama, since most people nowadays know she's just a professional troll. Also I think Shane genuinely likes Trisha, and wouldn't really be willing to even do a fake expose of her and her life. Those videos he made with her a few years ago were as close as anyone will ever be to see the "real" Trisha, I think.

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 »

I watched the new video last night and I've got other comments but first things first...did he go back and cut the McDonald's part out?? I see people talking about that but I don't remember seeing it? Or did I fall asleep and I'm not remembering lmao??

Slyfoxx
Learner
Learner

Post by Slyfoxx »

Looks like Shame Flawson and Jerry Shart are together again.

On IG stories Jerry said they are working on something. "HELLO MARCH" *Zoom in on disgusting inbred face*

Probably just the revamp of the mini palette with that new green shade.

At this point I feel like they don't even need to advertise bc they have so many people bowing at their feet smh.

You know they wouldn't pass up a photo shoot though.

purple_lampshade
Learner
Learner

Post by purple_lampshade »

absolutetrash wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 am
Happy_one wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am
what happened to Shannon Malcolm's youtube channel? all of her videos are no longer public.
I believe that she's had some pregnancy troubles the past few years, a miscarriage(?) and also got a boyfriend/fiancee? Maybe she's working a traditional job now/Starting a new life and leaving YT behind her.

Good for her.
She's rebranding

Post by Guest »

Are people sure the new vid was filmed in May? I trust the sleuthing, just wondering how people know because it makes me think even more that Shane is just using Garrett at this point. People (myself included) have been wondering where Garrett went to, and suddenly an old squad vid gets uploaded? On a separate channel? That was supposed to be for make-up videos? WTF? I don't even want the squad together anymore, the whole group needs to break up and go to therapy (a real therapist, not an enabling sycophant who diagnoses people as "yucky").

Swiftie
Learner
Learner

Post by Swiftie »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:22 pm
boydbunny03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm
I watched the new video last night and I've got other comments but first things first...did he go back and cut the McDonald's part out?? I see people talking about that but I don't remember seeing it? Or did I fall asleep and I'm not remembering lmao??
it was in the beginning but i dont really know why bc it didnt fit. is it not there anymore?
it is still there as it was. i think people just don't count it, because there is no actual investigating.
i kinda liked that part though, those meltdowns over ice cream were funny.

I think shane didn't want to release it, because he wanted to go more in depth with both theories, but after realizing he's too lazy to ever finish it, he decided to leave it as it was and put it on his second channel.

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:22 pm
boydbunny03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm
it was in the beginning but i dont really know why bc it didnt fit. is it not there anymore?
You know what? I’m dumb lol. I *did* start the video as I was falling asleep one night and then finished it another so I thought there was more to the McDonald’s thing than that in the beginning. And since I was half paying attention to the beginning I thought they were setting up stuff to talk about later like they’ve done in other videos...in my half asleep brain lol. Yikes 😂 sorry guys don’t mind me lmao

Post by Guest »

Ms_Toob wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 am
Are people sure the new vid was filmed in May? I trust the sleuthing, just wondering how people know because it makes me think even more that Shane is just using Garrett at this point. People (myself included) have been wondering where Garrett went to, and suddenly an old squad vid gets uploaded? On a separate channel? That was supposed to be for make-up videos? WTF? I don't even want the squad together anymore, the whole group needs to break up and go to therapy (a real therapist, not an enabling sycophant who diagnoses people as "yucky").
It's old. He posted photos on his Twitter last June in that hotel room, showing he was filming there.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

modestpeach wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:54 am
Ms_Toob wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 am
It's old. He posted photos on his Twitter last June in that hotel room, showing he was filming there.
JUNE?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

He is laughing all the way to the bank with his popularity on YT. I simply don't get it. Well, good for Ryan/Ryland, I suppose.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

This is the video he was working on before he made the video with Eugenia and decided to post that instead.

A series with Trish would be really great content wise, but Shane wouldn't be able to show her fucked up flaws and traits properly so it would end up incriminating Jason and David and I don't want that for them, at all. It could be therapeutic for her to talk to Shane about the break up and all that stuff but she would just end up lying again and again.

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

Shane must've gone to the Sugar Baby Bargain Basement to buy Miss Ry(l)an(d) Nicole Smith.

WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

What's the point of two channels? This is a serious question. You'd think he'd want as many people watching his content as possible, and would upload on the channel with more subscribers. At first it seemed like his new one is meant to be makeup related, but...he put a conspiracy video on it, meanwhile all his makeup content is on his main channel. I'm confused. It's weird.

TBH, I don't know why Shane just doesn't go back to doing the spooky type videos he did with Garrett and Drew. They were usually filmed in one night, were silly but he was clearly having fun, were quite popular and probably didn't require that much time for editing. Obviously he can't force Drew to do them, but someone else could be in his place. Just not Andrew, for the love of God. I can only imagine the amount of hyena yelping he'd be doing every time something scary happened.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

WanderingWeirdo2 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:41 pm
What's the point of two channels? This is a serious question. You'd think he'd want as many people watching his content as possible, and would upload on the channel with more subscribers. At first it seemed like his new one is meant to be makeup related, but...he put a conspiracy video on it, meanwhile all his makeup content is on his main channel. I'm confused. It's weird.

TBH, I don't know why Shane just doesn't go back to doing the spooky type videos he did with Garrett and Drew. They were usually filmed in one night, were silly but he was clearly having fun, were quite popular and probably didn't require that much time for editing. Obviously he can't force Drew to do them, but someone else could be in his place. Just not Andrew, for the love of God. I can only imagine the amount of hyena yelping he'd be doing every time something scary happened.
The limited content Shane has posted so far this year is all left over shit he had sitting on his hard drive. Back in the day he used to post his weekly video on his Shane Dawson TV channel and then either vlogs or behind the scenes footage on the Shane channel. He also probably wants to keep his new brand separate. In his mind those “docu-series” were good content and Netflix level work that need to not be linked with other things and bonus content would “hurt” that image.

He clearly has no desire to set up a camera and be functioning when a large paycheck isn’t attached, Drew clearly has cut ties along time ago and Garret ran for the hills as well. They clearly don’t want to be associated with him anymore. Shane also aside from Shanaynay doesnt go back to old content. He won’t go back to spooky boys or kitchen content anymore than he will go back to sketch comedy. Once he has moved on he has moved on and the general public is finally sucking him off with his shit content as if it really was Netflix level. I mean lord I wouldn’t be shocked if he and Andrew attempt to submit for an Emmy nomination with how they think the thing turned out.

Shane is at a point where he doesn’t need money as much as he claims otherwise. The merch is still selling more than likely. My guess is J* paid him a lump sum for the palette but unless Ryland spent it on designer shower shoes to wear to Burger King he already he is going’s to be well beyond comfortable for a good 5+ years when you consider ad-revenue also gets factored in and if the wedding actually happens he gets another big pay day or any other makeup a pay day. The loser wants to sit at home eat and touch himself and also not bathe for a month or so. The days of regular content are over. I’m sure he has more content sitting on his hard drive to release every couple of months to keep from what happened last year of him being harassed for not posting until July/ August.

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

Shane entering the beauty world is exactly like Taylor Swift switching from country music to pop music. It was a carefully calculated move to make more money, gain more fans and have wider recognition. Unlike Shane, Taylor was slightly more subtle about it and pulled it off better.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Dex_Cotton wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 am
Shane entering the beauty world is exactly like Taylor Swift switching from country music to pop music. It was a carefully calculated move to make more money, gain more fans and have wider recognition. Unlike Shane, Taylor was slightly more subtle about it and pulled it off better.
I wouldn’t call Shane going into the beauty world “carefully calculated” it was terribly handled. He doesn’t wear makeup, shave, brush his hair, dress properly, take care of himself physically, or know how to apply lipstick for that matter. He has put in no effort about it either. The only reason he has a beauty room is because Ryland was bored and needed a video idea. His fans will believe anything though obviously and are ready to support him at not cost there is always an excuse for his stupidity with them. He could have very easily gotten into video game commentary or cooking videos. Jeffree put dollar signs in his eyes though.

Return to “Shane Dawson”