milliebean
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah's Day: Fake Engagement to Boost Engagement - Part 12

Post by milliebean »

[/quote]
Edit: dang I knew I forgot to mention something; not only was she reiterating how much of a good person she is but she was saying that SHE just wanted to donate all this money. THIS IS NOT HER MONEY. And was we have now established, she is even deducting, what, 40k for taxes? She could pay this herself easily, didn't they just buy a 2.7 mil house and rip out a completely new kitchen? But she cannot pay the 40k in taxes herself so that the sum she promised to donate would actually be donated in full? Scummy.
[/quote]

THIS EXACTLY. Hi, hello, I’ve not posted here before but I just have to now. Sarah said 100% of proceeds. It’s still up on her posts and in comments. Every penny was to go for donations, but she’s dipping in to THEIR money so she doesn’t have to pay a tax bill. Just like everything else, on someone else’s dime. She CHOSE to spearhead this incentive herself and took every opportunity to put her name and face on it so everyone knows what she’s doing, and now she’s keeping $40k for herself for personal reasons. I call that fraud.

boobiemcbooberson
Lurker
Lurker

Post by boobiemcbooberson »

Wow I actually can’t believe this b*tch!!!!

Haven’t been on here for a few days and popped on today to check what’s happening and then had to go and watch her stories. Oh my god!!! She’s definitely in over her head! Whether she’s been contacted by the ACCC, the media, or those 800+ emails were all from people asking where the donations are, something has definitely rattled her.

Not sure why’s she’s playing the ‘woe is me’ card either, she’s had ample time to make the donations. She knew she had a shoot and product launch this month, so why has she put off donating so long - she obviously wasn’t planning on donating till Feb. She also DOESN'T WORK so why the hell has she put off going to the bank for so long and then has the god damn cheek to blame the bank!!! I can’t get over the nerve of her. Whinging that she can’t go for a walk because she’s so stressed about getting these donations done?! SHES HAD OVER A WEEK!!!

Then she’s acting all ‘poor Sezzy all she’s trying to do is do some good and donate money’ - acting like it’s HER money. It’s not her money, she’s not putting a cent into this - she’s not even donating the full promised amount because she doesn’t want to make up the difference in GST.

Also calling BS on the lady in the bank not taking her seriously and asking if she had the numbers wrong.

I genuinely think she was aiming to keep the money in her bank for a little while to gain some interest on it then donate it all.

Everything about her is shoddy!

Wow sorry for the word vomit, it probably makes zero sense! I’m just in absolute disbelief at her!!

spaghettistrap
Learner
Learner

Post by spaghettistrap »

If she is keeping the 40k for tax reasons, won't she be able to claim them back on her tax return because the money was donated?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

sweetniblets
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sweetniblets »

Hello friends. Not to change the subject, but I noticed something in Sarah’s screenshot she posted when complaining about her texts/emails (which, do we really believe she received 800+ ACTUAL emails in one day? Not just promos/social media notifications? Ha, ok.). ANYWAY, hidden behind her comment is the MyFitnessPal app. Now she hasn’t talked about this in a while, but I remember her always priding herself in never counting calories. Doesn’t quite add up now, does it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

Wow! I really can't get over that she has actually been caught. Question since I'm not Australian, what news outlets broke the story/news about Belle Gibson? Perhaps they can be contacted again about Sarah? I was thinking about trying to contact TMZ, but I don't know if they'd run a story about an influencer. Usually they break news about big name celebrities, which we all know Sarah is not (only in her mind). Either way, once the media gets word of this we should make sure it ends up on Reddit. They are savage when it comes to scams. Hi Sarah. Let us all introduce you to sweet, sweet karma.

Post by Guest »

Sorry for the double post, but what about the Daily Mail? They did a story on her $1 donation fiasco. Maybe they'd like to do a follow up? Also, E! News ran a story about Belle Gibson. Should I try contacting them as well? I think a lot of her followers are American teens, so they might watch it and get the full story that way? Just brainstorming who to contact to get media coverage of her scam.

TheGrumpyGuru
Learner
Learner

Post by TheGrumpyGuru »

spaghettistrap wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 am
If she is keeping the 40k for tax reasons, won't she be able to claim them back on her tax return because the money was donated?

Yes, i was wondering about this too! I'm from Europe but if you have a company, you have to pay 'company taxes' (what would be the 40.000) but if you donate to a good cause i think there are special tax privileges (so for example a tax return). All in all i think it should all end up to the 391660. EVEN if she has to pay taxes i feel it's a bit of a scam since the taxes make the total amount donated less than what she stated?

Hc3776
Informer
Informer

Post by Hc3776 »

Did Kurt never do a post on his Instagram about how they got engaged?!

hrglss83
Learner
Learner

Post by hrglss83 »

sweetniblets wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:05 am
Hello friends. Not to change the subject, but I noticed something in Sarah’s screenshot she posted when complaining about her texts/emails (which, do we really believe she received 800+ ACTUAL emails in one day? Not just promos/social media notifications? Ha, ok.). ANYWAY, hidden behind her comment is the MyFitnessPal app. Now she hasn’t talked about this in a while, but I remember her always priding herself in never counting calories. Doesn’t quite add up now, does it?
Wow, good job catching that. That's definitely MFP. And I've been wondering about this, because I thought I remembered her claiming that she never in her life counted calories, but I recently went all the way back on her Instagram account because I have this fascination with how when people change their facial features, over time you totally forget that they used to look different. And I wanted to compare what she looked like before she got famous to what she looks like now (which is actually crazy? because I thought she only had fillers and horrible fake teeth? oh and I guess different eyebrows too cause those were quite bad back in the day), and I found posts of when she promoted her videos back then, in 2016, where she was all about carb cycling and counting macros. When I saw that, I was kind of confused because I thought I remembered her claiming she's NEVER counted calories. Do I remember that wrong? Please correct me if I do. I could actually see her being like "I counted macros, not calories" which would be the funniest thing ever. The sum of your macros = your calories lol

Post by Guest »

I just got on this forum and I just logged into my insta account a few days ago. So I have been watching her stories. Why does she have to say how much she’s trying to donate in every store. I’m getting the wrong vibes when she does that. Is she trying to brag or get praise for this??? It just doesn’t sit well with me everytime she posts and explains the amount.

Gfit
Learner
Learner

Post by Gfit »

Sarah said “proceeds” on an insta story (don’t have screenshots) but not the actual feed post Kurt said it on his actual feed post.
I understand having to pay tax but she should have put 356,000 on that yoga on the beach photo rather than making it look like she was going to donate that figure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sarahtommy
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahtommy »

I've been following Sarah since before she met Kurt, when she filmed in her own bedroom.
Although I HATE so much about her.....

I honestly don't think she'd steal money or scam people with not donating to charity. I think ALL that she has made will go to charity.
I think she is just stupid and Crying because she is getting hate from others.

Whether she made almost $400k is the question, I'm still not convinced.

Ella1234
Learner
Learner

Post by Ella1234 »

Hc3776 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:38 am
Did Kurt never do a post on his Instagram about how they got engaged?!
Lol barely

justanothergg
Learner
Learner

Post by justanothergg »

spaghettistrap wrote:

Accountant can you clarify?

I thought this would be the case too.

$360k income
$400k tax deduction
$40k GST expense

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

Gfit wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:31 am
Sarah said “proceeds” on an insta story (don’t have screenshots) but not the actual feed post Kurt said it on his actual feed post.
I understand having to pay tax but she should have put 356,000 on that yoga on the beach photo rather than making it look like she was going to donate that figure
Saying that she will donate 100% of sales is very different from donating 100% of proceeds, which if she owes tax would be the net amount after expenses. This is not her first day out, this is another deliberate deception. The crocodile tears and blame-shifting illustrate that.

All her credibility as Such An Honest Person and a Boss Babe has been torn to shreds, by her and only her.
Last edited by drunkatvogue on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oscastaf2018
Lurker
Lurker

Post by oscastaf2018 »

justanothergg wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm
spaghettistrap wrote:

Accountant can you clarify?

I thought this would be the case too.

$360k income
$400k tax deduction
$40k GST expense
So gst and income tax are two different types of tax, so the GST isnt claimed when she pays her income tax. Income tax is paid on an annual basis, and for her would likely not be until March following the end of financial year (for example, 30 June 2020, she wouldn't pay her income tax until March 2021).

However, if she still matched the total sales $391k as a deduction, she would get some of that GST amount back when filing her income tax because it would decrease her taxable income (income - expenses).

How much of that would depend on what tax rate she is on. I highly doubt she would get the full $35k in tax savings in her income tax because your income tax is based on a percentage of taxable income. So the extra amount in the deduction can only reduce her income tax by the percentage of her tax rate, so she would end up out of pocket still.

Again, just want to reiterate i am not defending, just trying to provide info on accounting/tax side.

B Bop
Debater
Debater

Post by B Bop »

I doubt her intention was to keep the money herself, the entire situation around the bushfires and raising money is all too public for he to be able to swindle everyone.

What I do think, is that she wanted to capitalize on all the hype around celebrities and influencers raising money and getting media attention. Yes she wanted to raise money, but it was also all about engagement and future self promotion.

The fact that she has failed to even investigate how to donate over a week later points to her complete lack of common sense. Dragging out the actual donation part is disgusting, it should have been a priority. Instead she has been creating shitty tiktoks, doing her secret cooking project, going to the gym, house renos and getting her hair done - which by the way was a perfect time to research how to donate to 4 charities. I’m not saying she still couldn’t have done all those things, but it proves how warped her priorities are. I mean grow up Sarah. How she actually runs a business is beyond me.

On another note, it’s meant to be raining all weekend in the Northern Rivers/Byron area. So that might not be great for whatever they have planned....bonus!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggg1991
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ggg1991 »

Sarah and Kurt would 100% have finance professionals they could turn to for advice on transferring the funds.
They have bought two properties and would no doubt have had conversations with finance professionals.
If it was too much responsibility for her to make the transactions, pay someone to do that bit.
Her crying about it doesn’t help the money raised by her followers get to the people who need it any quicker.

If she gets overwhelmed with all her emails, finances and going to the bank to the point of crying on her instagram unable to come up with any solutions except for saying how good she is for donating so much money, hire an executive assistant.
They are experts in assisting people with the day to day running of peoples lives.

Also...in Aus when you buy a property you need to pay 10-20% deposit...
For the apartment that would have been a transfer for 160k and the house a transfer of $270k.
She seemed to sort that out ? ?
Last edited by ggg1991 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tato
Debater
Debater

Post by Tato »

Someone, anyone needs to pick this up and make it known to people beyond her minions.

hrglss83
Learner
Learner

Post by hrglss83 »

Tato wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Someone, anyone needs to pick this up and make it known to people beyond her minions.
That's great and I hope someone finally picks this story up.

A little OT: For ages I was searching for the sezzrantzz page on IG and couldn't find it because I got blocked? For no reason? Uhm?

Return to “Sarahs Day - Archived Threads”