jewelkitty
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: ImJennIm: Wigs Have Doubled Tenfold - Part 8

Post by jewelkitty »

cellophane wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:44 pm
"let's check if I still like SK II products... Sponsored by SK II". come on.
This sort of shit is what annoys me most about sponsorship, it's absurdly fake. Does she take us for stupid toddlers or what?

echohecko
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by echohecko »

jewelkitty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 am
cellophane wrote:
This sort of shit is what annoys me most about sponsorship, it's absurdly fake. Does she take us for stupid toddlers or what?

It doesn’t make sense to me when she claims that the SK essence has been the one skin care product that has remained consistent in her skincare routine throughout the years, because of “what it’s done to her skin” (reducing dark spots and fine lines), and that before using SK, her skincare was just minimal.
I don’t exactly know what she means by “minimal”, but it sounds like she didn’t know much about different skincare products to begin with.

If SK is the “most consistent” product she’s been using, how does she know she wouldn’t have benefited the same from other products in her skincare, had she given it the same chance she did for SK? I haven’t tried SK, so I don’t know whether or not it’s good, but her video is misleading to basically say that SK has not lived up to the other products in her routine, if that’s the only product she’s been treating with the highest regard... huh?!

And not only Jenn, but all these people on YouTube making the similar claims. How do they know something is good and reducing dark spots and smoothening the skin and etc, if they haven’t stopped using it for a while to see how their skin would react to the sudden absence of that so-amazing product? There are sooo many other factors to take into account, like their diet (which Jenn has changed her eating habits), different make up products they cake on (which they all try and use all sorts of foundations), switching to different sunblocks, etc.

So yeah, they must think we’re stupid toddlers, and their reviews lack the proper experimentation.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

echohecko wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:32 pm
jewelkitty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 am
cellophane wrote:

It doesn’t make sense to me when she claims that the SK essence has been the one skin care product that has remained consistent in her skincare routine throughout the years, because of “what it’s done to her skin” (reducing dark spots and fine lines), and that before using SK, her skincare was just minimal.
I don’t exactly know what she means by “minimal”, but it sounds like she didn’t know much about different skincare products to begin with.

If SK is the “most consistent” product she’s been using, how does she know she wouldn’t have benefited the same from other products in her skincare, had she given it the same chance she did for SK? I haven’t tried SK, so I don’t know whether or not it’s good, but her video is misleading to basically say that SK has not lived up to the other products in her routine, if that’s the only product she’s been treating with the highest regard... huh?!

And not only Jenn, but all these people on YouTube making the similar claims. How do they know something is good and reducing dark spots and smoothening the skin and etc, if they haven’t stopped using it for a while to see how their skin would react to the sudden absence of that so-amazing product? There are sooo many other factors to take into account, like their diet (which Jenn has changed her eating habits), different make up products they cake on (which they all try and use all sorts of foundations), switching to different sunblocks, etc.

So yeah, they must think we’re stupid toddlers, and their reviews lack the proper experimentation.
she's just BS-ing. girl knows nothing about skincare. just look at how she screws up her sunscreen application. her crow feet around her eyes are prominent and she's gotten a whole bunch of new freckles/pigmentation on her skin.

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

She knows nothing about skincare.. I find it hilarious how she said in one of her grwm Video that people clocked her for not using enough sunscreen Then she proceeded to apply not enough sunscreen. Is clocked even used correctly here?? Her application technique was horrible too. There is no point spending thousands of dollars on skincare ( la mer, sk2 etc add up) if you’re not using sunscreen. hell in one of her vlogs she was trying to tan to match her body to her face or something. No idea why she thins sk2 helped maintain and improve her skin. It’s not like she looks the same as 6 years ago. She’s aging like most people. She owes her skin to her genes. Even then there are people who have better genes than her.

itsjuliabish
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by itsjuliabish »

Lurked here for a bit now, and I'm jumping in to comment on two things:

1. The Korean learning. I am Canadian-born Korean and never stepped foot in Korea in my entire life. My parents have spoken exclusively in Korean to me for as long as I can remember. Although growing up I did speak to them in English (because as a diasporic youth, I rebelled against them by using the logic 'we're in Canada, we speak English here' to my parents, which I am still so repentful of today) I was still able to pick up Korean here and there. Yes, my pronunciation is FUCKED and nowhere near natural, but I am astounded at how little she knows. Her claims in her videos that she doesn't know how to speak Korean and is making efforts? I don't buy it. Yes, she can and is allowed to feel frustrated with language barriers, but if you truly wanted to do something about, you do it. The lack of progression in her Korean development and learning just goes to show that she's not completely in it 100%. That's fine too, but I feel like continuing to say that she's "trying" is almost an insult because it's all words and no action to show for it.

2. Jenn has devolved since her younger, thrifting YT days. I think this is a cumulation of a lot of different factors, limited to but not including: people around her who do not challenge her to actually find something meaningful (looking at u Ben), an environment that promotes a SINGULAR type of lifestyle and equates it to "success", and a complete lack of conviction. From what I see, she has lost passion in what she does, and would benefit overall as a person (and as a contributor to society) if she focuses her attentions elsewhere and drops social media and YT entirely. Doing so would also give her a new perspective, hopefully encourage her to be introspective about the disgusting level of entitlement she exhibits and privilege that she has been squandering. The whole "orange" thing? Just, no. The therapist/research professor? Even more no. Those claims just discredit those professions and THEIR efforts, because I think Jenn believes that because of the tiny exposure to therapy that she had (as a client, and not a therapist), she has the mental capacity and physical energy to go through years of college and training for those taxing dedication-requiring professions.

Apparently Jenn lurks here so, if you're reading this: really examine your life for a bit.

Loopdoops
Debater
Debater

Post by Loopdoops »

I love how Jenn does these Eggie dinner parties to celebrate her success in Eggie and everyone inflates her ego by doting on her for being such a “boss babe”. In Sophia’s second Womn. Bts video, at least she highlighted her team and the main engine running the show. The real “boss ass bitch” is Robin. The person that comes up with the designs and seeks out the factories that make the garments and fabrics. I do see Weylie and Sophia only as the face and social media marketers for their brand, at least they funded this thing from the ground up and give credit behind their team.

Jenn on the other hand...where’s your factory and office tour?? Where do you get the fabrics for some of your “sustainable” garments? Her main work is putting out shitty videos and doing photo shoots for her glamorized forever 21 brand. It’s such a joke to me people are willing to spend over $50 for the poor quality. My question for Jenn is why does everyone suck up to you when everyone else are actual above you in terms of work ethic and being proactive about the issues regarding fast fashion? I really don’t see longevity in Eggie and I wish her friends stop supporting something so wasteful to the environment.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

following

kimchijeon
Debater
Debater

Post by kimchijeon »

itsjuliabish wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:16 pm
Lurked here for a bit now, and I'm jumping in to comment on two things:

1. The Korean learning. I am Canadian-born Korean and never stepped foot in Korea in my entire life. My parents have spoken exclusively in Korean to me for as long as I can remember. Although growing up I did speak to them in English (because as a diasporic youth, I rebelled against them by using the logic 'we're in Canada, we speak English here' to my parents, which I am still so repentful of today) I was still able to pick up Korean here and there. Yes, my pronunciation is FUCKED and nowhere near natural, but I am astounded at how little she knows. Her claims in her videos that she doesn't know how to speak Korean and is making efforts? I don't buy it. Yes, she can and is allowed to feel frustrated with language barriers, but if you truly wanted to do something about, you do it. The lack of progression in her Korean development and learning just goes to show that she's not completely in it 100%. That's fine too, but I feel like continuing to say that she's "trying" is almost an insult because it's all words and no action to show for it.

2. Jenn has devolved since her younger, thrifting YT days. I think this is a cumulation of a lot of different factors, limited to but not including: people around her who do not challenge her to actually find something meaningful (looking at u Ben), an environment that promotes a SINGULAR type of lifestyle and equates it to "success", and a complete lack of conviction. From what I see, she has lost passion in what she does, and would benefit overall as a person (and as a contributor to society) if she focuses her attentions elsewhere and drops social media and YT entirely. Doing so would also give her a new perspective, hopefully encourage her to be introspective about the disgusting level of entitlement she exhibits and privilege that she has been squandering. The whole "orange" thing? Just, no. The therapist/research professor? Even more no. Those claims just discredit those professions and THEIR efforts, because I think Jenn believes that because of the tiny exposure to therapy that she had (as a client, and not a therapist), she has the mental capacity and physical energy to go through years of college and training for those taxing dedication-requiring professions.

Apparently Jenn lurks here so, if you're reading this: really examine your life for a bit.
Thank you for your perspective as a 2nd gen korean. Pronunciation is a non-issue in my view, accents are developed as young children and as long as people can understand you who really cares? I also don't feel that she really tries, she has the time, money and resources to learn it anytime she wants, it's like life has handed her opportunities to learn on a golden platter and she's saying meh no thanks. If she just owned the fact that she's comfortable where she is and doesn't think the time/money/effort it would take to learn would be worth it she wouldn't seem so disingenuous. It's pretty normal for diasporic koreans to not speak it at all beyond basic greetings and they all live life just fine.

echohecko
Informer
Informer

Post by echohecko »

Omg Jenn pretending to love and care for Cheeki more than she does with obligatory Instagram posts, and in her most recent YT video when Ben was comforting Cheeki for being insecure around big groups of people and then Jenn’s afterthought comment “yeah she has social anxietyyyy”.

And why did the both of them need to wash Cheeki together?! Wtf that made no sense. Bet my money Ben always washes her and Jenn calculatingly “I’ll help you babe. Where’s my camera”.

Jenn is horrible at acting/fabricating. Just stop

And this moment where she rambles on about her new closet space and walks into Ben’s office, speaks volumes. Cheeki loves Ben so much more because he’s the primary caregiver. Which it isn’t a crime to feel no connection to your pet, but to act like it is just cringe. Why does everythinggg she says sound calculative and full of shit. She can’t possibly be that disingenuous.

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

Is it just me or was she even more stupid and airheaded in that video than normal?

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

jewelkitty wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:14 am
Is it just me or was she even more stupid and airheaded in that video than normal?
i felt it too. the way she reacted about the dining chairs, when she saw the truck, when she got the shot she liked filming the skii video, that weirdly enthusiastic talk about workout music.. plus the excessive amount of MMMMM whenever she eats.

berrycakes
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by berrycakes »

I don’t really follow Jenn so sorry if this is common knowledge but is Emily her assistant now? I find it a bit odd she’s in Paris with Jenn.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

berrycakes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:41 pm
I don’t really follow Jenn so sorry if this is common knowledge but is Emily her assistant now? I find it a bit odd she’s in Paris with Jenn.
After the flop that was her eating disorder promotion brand for brides to be, Emily started a "PR agency" which is basically just herself and her only clients are Weylie and Jenn. She basically fucks around on their Instagram accounts for Eggie and Womn all day.

ilikedonuts
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ilikedonuts »

graylights wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:43 pm
berrycakes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:41 pm
After the flop that was her eating disorder promotion brand for brides to be, Emily started a "PR agency" which is basically just herself and her only clients are Weylie and Jenn. She basically fucks around on their Instagram accounts for Eggie and Womn all day.
Another client is feinerman (I think that's how it's spelt) vision, the same place Jenn and Sophia got their laser eye surgery done for free. Honestly Emily hit the jackpot - have you guys seen her house? It's incredible, especially considering LA prices.

Doing no work and being that rich is the dream 😂

itsjuliabish
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by itsjuliabish »

echohecko wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:20 pm
Omg Jenn pretending to love and care for Cheeki more than she does with obligatory Instagram posts, and in her most recent YT video when Ben was comforting Cheeki for being insecure around big groups of people and then Jenn’s afterthought comment “yeah she has social anxietyyyy”.

And why did the both of them need to wash Cheeki together?! Wtf that made no sense. Bet my money Ben always washes her and Jenn calculatingly “I’ll help you babe. Where’s my camera”.

Jenn is horrible at acting/fabricating. Just stop

And this moment where she rambles on about her new closet space and walks into Ben’s office, speaks volumes. Cheeki loves Ben so much more because he’s the primary caregiver. Which it isn’t a crime to feel no connection to your pet, but to act like it is just cringe. Why does everythinggg she says sound calculative and full of shit. She can’t possibly be that disingenuous.

Kind of off topic, but omg that screenshot captures one of my pet peeves. I find it incredibly space-wasting and inefficient when she (and other similar influencers) buy those Ikea bookshelves/storage/display unit but not actually maximize the amount of potential display space/storage with it. There is something called drawers, or inserts, or even tiered displays- with a tiered approach, she could literally display all the cameras and go-pros on a SINGULAR shelf without it looking cluttered. There is 0 practicality and all looks (which is 100% jenn's brand tbh) but that infuriates me. /end rant

livingvicariously123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by livingvicariously123 »

did you guys see how many times she said "like" in her storytelling video? i get that public speaking isn't her forte but this was a story she WROTE... she could've rehearsed it better instead of dropping "like" a million times throughout her sentences.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

livingvicariously123 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 am
did you guys see how many times she said "like" in her storytelling video? i get that public speaking isn't her forte but this was a story she WROTE... she could've rehearsed it better instead of dropping "like" a million times throughout her sentences.
so she stole $20 and a blazer...and it took her 16 years to learn that you have to be considerate?

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

I didn’t notice the “like” thing but it’s definitely something she could improve upon if she actually put in effort

Jen is right in that she is a horrible writer. If that is the end product after writing, editing, and rewriting then she is just one big walking cliche. The way she talks/wrote is so boring, unimaginative, and cliche af. It’s one of those things where it’s unbearable even at 2x and id rather hear a one sentence summary . I don’t think she actually pushed herself to write and revise and all that. The end product is so embarrassing, trite and shallow. It makes me go what’s the point. I think I especially feel this way since I recently finished the audiobook you by Caroline kepnes... haha ( I enjoyed the show and the book) . I feel strong second-hand embarrassment from Jen. I’m pretty sure Jen in high school would’ve done a better job telling it lol. It’s just a sponsored video that she’s using as an excuse for self-improvement but her lack of effort really shows.

She a lazy person. She knows it and that is why she is so obsessed with emphasizing how driven and hardworking she is. also I hate her mom jeans. I wish the trend would die or is it just a trend for Jen.

She says she wants to try nonfiction or fiction next but what she did was nonfiction since it’s like a memoir blurb. She’s so dumb. why doesn’t she notice this crap during editing ( I’m sure she must at least watch it before uploading it even if she doesn’t edit the video)

and is she still learning korean? The only unofficial progress video I got was from that korean vlogger who secretly recorded Jen during a candid convo about skincare of all things.

echohecko
Informer
Informer

Post by echohecko »

Her fake confidence throughout that presentation was so gross, and she really can’t write for shit.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

i noticed the overuse of "like". it made the entire thing sound very unprofessional. i think she was trying to make it sound casual, but ffs just follow what you've written! instead of something inspiring which is what i think she was trying to go for, it felt more like a 19 year old telling her friends what happened in high school. the story highlighted the negative things about her more than the "moral of the story". some of the comments say that her story made them cry lol, wtf. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i think this ad was poorly executed compared to her previous ad for google. all i took from this video was, jenn is really not as smart as she pretends to be.

i think its good that she's trying to be creative in her ad. i almost couldnt believe that she really signed up for a 5 week class for an ad. but i think it will be better if she signed up for korean classes instead and use google translate to help her with her homework.

Return to “Jenn Im”