Haley Pham

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
unrelateableteen
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Haley Pham

Post by unrelateableteen »

i give her props on her new video. She straight out said what i feel like a lot of her viewers have been thinking and most youtubers aren't that honest with themselves. good for her. i wonder if she's regretting buying that mansion now

madedede
Learner
Learner

Post by madedede »

I really appreciated her new video. I hope she actually does take steps in the right direction. I'm glad she didn't make it overly dramatic or anything. It felt down to earth to me. Will be interesting to see if her videos actually evolve, and what they evolve into... I have my doubts but I guess I'm rooting for her.

(Irrelevant, but I'm confused why she bought such a nice mansion as her video "set" just to film in front of a plain white wall... lol)

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

She needs to take that mop off her head, it is so awful.

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

Do youtubers have to cry to be “vulnerable?” Also she says she clicked on all those videos but she can’t put her finger on why she’s changed. Yes, it’s the money.

I appreciate the video though! I hope she really can grow from this.

askthatgorl
Talker
Talker

Post by askthatgorl »

I LOVE this confessional! It actually felt like she was present and not deflecting or pointing blame. This was a really mature move on her part. I’m glad she showed she’s listening!

gibson5858
Learner
Learner

Post by gibson5858 »

laurenconrad wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:09 pm
Do youtubers have to cry to be “vulnerable?” Also she says she clicked on all those videos but she can’t put her finger on why she’s changed. Yes, it’s the money.
I think the answer to this depends entirely on whether or not you believe Haley was being authentic. If she was being real, then she had an emotional moment and at that point it has nothing to do with how much other Youtubers cry. It was simply a moment that caused Haley to become emotional.

A skeptic could say that Haley is trying to manipulate her viewers. Crying can be a good way to garner sympathy especially with how much Haley stressed the importance of her parents' divorce and her mom losing her job. Even if it is authentic and all of this has been difficult on Haley, there could be some manipulation involved in the video. After all, even if this topic legitimately made her cry, Haley's still the one who decided to keep the crying moments in the video. There were edits in the video, she could have removed it all. However, she kept them in. Not only that, but she made the thumbnail (Provided she doesn't change it at a later point) a screenshot of her wiping away the tears. There's a purpose to that.

My issue with the video is that it feels so much like her non-apology apology on her vlog channel. Which that video I can no longer find on her vlog channel, so I guess she either privatized it or deleted it. In both cases, something occurred to incur some backlash, Haley tried to ignore the backlash for awhile, then when the backlash is clearly not going away, she creates an emotional video to admit that she's changed, but she's going to change back to how she used to be going forward. It's been two months and Haley is right back where she started at.

There could even be some manipulation at play involving putting this non-apology apology on her main channel instead of on her vlog channel like she did after the Greek incident. Since this is less of a "You f'd up" and offended people moment and rather more of a simplistic "People aren't digging your stuff" problem, it's far easier for Haley to put out on her main channel where more people will see it.

Considering this is December, every Youtuber is looking to make some big money with increased ads and Haley has a new "Company" that she's hoping will be a success, this video screams damage control to me.

In Haley's defense, I think she's sincerely lost. She's struggling to figure out a direction for her main channel and in the last few months, she's had a couple of harsh reality checks that what she's doing isn't working out. If you're Haley, how are you even supposed to go back to how you used to be when so much has changed? Your entire identity of being a student and dancer is long gone, you're clearly far more successful and well off than other eighteen year olds, and you're still in this Youtube life where she can't just go off for a year and figure out who Haley, the person, is now. That's a lot for a kid to figure out.

She's in a tough spot, but that video is 100% trying to do damage control yet again.

Nugget1231
Debater
Debater

Post by Nugget1231 »

^^^ I agree with you on some parts. I definitely think she became hyper aware of the backlash she was receiving. There have been tons of videos coming out recently calling her out for not being relatable anymore. Her comment section has been a mess, and her views have been way down. I think she felt the need to step back and address everything before moving on, and whether or not that’s manipulation I’m not sure... I also agree with you on the crying. She probably left it in to be like “hey guys look how genuine and relatable I am being rn” but I do think it was an actual emotional response. Idk, I’m interested to see if she’ll actually fix her problems or just go back to how she’s been again.

shormps14
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shormps14 »

There’s really no point in overanalyzing the video as she was pretty much straightforward. Sure she cried but it felt authentic coming from Haley because she doesn’t like being vulnerable on camera. Either way, she pulled herself together for the majority of it, much more than I would have honestly.

This video is a big deal, you can tell she’s actually beginning to internalize everything that has happened this year. She misses her friends, she misses the structure of her life and when Youtube was a lucrative hobby rather than a stressful job now. She admits that she got in over her head with the money as well which I understand. She was struggling financially right around the time Youtube started giving her a paycheck. It’s very easy to get carried away and being that she’s providing for her mom, she feels pressured to keep doing whatever allows that piggybank to keep flowing.

Also people don’t just change overnight. It’s a process, you have to acknowledge that there’s an issue and then have to figure out a solution to it and make sure you don’t fall down that path again.

It’s very telling that Ryan said that Haley wasn’t being genuine in her reveal video, proves my point further that Ryan indeed is honest and upfront with her and she’s just stubborn lmao. She needs to work on listening to others more, I hope she’s okay

greeniepeas
Learner
Learner

Post by greeniepeas »

Haley still isn’t my favorite person, but I do think that the video was genuine and I do appreciate her making it. I appreciate that she was honest about her motivation behind her channel becoming entirely financial.

Which leads me into my larger point...I really am not sure what I think of her relationship with her mom. It’s clear that they’re close and love each other, and it’s totally admirable that a teenager’s top priority is to provide for her mother, but like...it shouldn’t be. Haley is only 18. I don’t understand how her mom could be comfortable with her barely legal daughter being the breadwinner of the house- like, there’s a huge difference between being fortunate enough to support your mom while she looks for a new job and buy her some nice gifts versus taking on the responsibility of providing for your mom for the rest of your life, to the detriment of your own career and mental health. There have been so many red flags that total strangers have been able to see (dropping out of high school, buying a mansion, making increasingly dumb and forced content) but somehow her own mother has been totally cool with it?

askthatgorl
Talker
Talker

Post by askthatgorl »

greeniepeas wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:38 am
Haley still isn’t my favorite person, but I do think that the video was genuine and I do appreciate her making it. I appreciate that she was honest about her motivation behind her channel becoming entirely financial.

Which leads me into my larger point...I really am not sure what I think of her relationship with her mom. It’s clear that they’re close and love each other, and it’s totally admirable that a teenager’s top priority is to provide for her mother, but like...it shouldn’t be. Haley is only 18. I don’t understand how her mom could be comfortable with her barely legal daughter being the breadwinner of the house- like, there’s a huge difference between being fortunate enough to support your mom while she looks for a new job and buy her some nice gifts versus taking on the responsibility of providing for your mom for the rest of your life, to the detriment of your own career and mental health. There have been so many red flags that total strangers have been able to see (dropping out of high school, buying a mansion, making increasingly dumb and forced content) but somehow her own mother has been totally cool with it?
This is a good point. There could be some cultural impact behind the children becoming caretakers of parents especially if they are first generation. I would love to do the same for my parents, but my parents love to keep busy. I’m not familiar with Vietnamese culture or how diluted theirs could be from being in the US. The “American Dream” could mean something different to us, and they may take it any way possible. I also don’t know how pride works within their family. Overall, it seems there was significant trauma with the timing of losing the house and the divorce and they were feeling very blessed by Haley’s success and not questioning the blessings. Plus, if Haley completely takes care of her mom and doesn’t encourage her to work/mom doesn’t want to work, that would make her mom way more accessible to her and she still has a strong dependence on her mom. While this is a very lucky scenario, I wouldn’t want my almost 19 year old to feel responsible for me when I’m able-bodied.

quietsummerday
Learner
Learner

Post by quietsummerday »

I thought the video was genuine, and I'm not Haley's biggest fan. Honestly, it made me want to keep watching, to see where she takes her content. I feel bad for her in a way, because it seems like she's getting the message "don't change at all" - that's obviously just not realistic. She's not going to be the same person she was at age 14, or even 6 months ago. I'm 22 now, and unrecognizable from who I was at 18. At 18, I was unrecognizable from myself at 14. My point is, of course she's changing, and she shouldn't feel bad for that. It's just the lack of authenticity, the materialism, etc that people dislike.

I'm optimistic and interested to see where she takes her content next. I hope she is able to do some reflection and soul-searching, and realize what it is she really wants and needs. I wonder if she sees a therapist - I feel like it could be so helpful to her right now, with processing being the provider for her mom, her recent life changes, her status as a semi-public figure, etc. It must be hard growing up as a kid on the internet. I appreciate this step she's taken towards maturity.

shesofunny
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shesofunny »

Like y'all, I really liked the vid too and although I'm trying not to be a clown and just immediately start watching Haley for fun again, I really think she was being genuine and honest. And the commentary above on Haley being the breadwinner/caretaker at 18 is important, too. I think it's common for kids to want to take care of their parents to a strong degree. Some of it could be cultural, but I think this is just common overall. I know good and well that if I was making as much money as her, that I would immediately try and take care of everything at home with my mother and siblings, etc. I wouldn't want my mother to work if she didn't absolutely need to because if you don't need the extra money, why work? It does put an excessive amount of stress on Haley, but I don't want to put her mom at fault for accepting Haley's gratitude and care.

In the video though, I do think the random clips of Spock were unnecessary and took away from the video a bit, but oh well.

quietsummerday
Learner
Learner

Post by quietsummerday »

What are y'alls thoughts on her supporting Shane/J* in the latest vlog? I'm not a fan of either, so it's kind of disappointing. I can't be too hypocritical, since one of my favorite YouTubers (Mia Maples) is a J* stan, but I wish people would stop supporting him and Shane.

Also, thoughts on Ryan buying a Tesla? Seems like a huge purchase to make, considering their house still isn't fully furnished. I'm curious as to whether Haley and Ryan have combined finances.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

I also think there are cultural influences at play. I think providing for family is a universal ideal for a lot of people IF they happen to become successful, but I think for certain POC, especially those from non American families, it feels like a duty, not just something to aspire to. I can definitely relate to how she feels in that regard because I do take the eventual living costs of my mother into consideration when making educational and career choices. For a lot of Americans, "taking care of family" seems to be primarily limited to the spouse and children. Whereas that category for who you are expected to take care of expands in other cultures, particularly for eldest children.

MichelleMacKay
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MichelleMacKay »

I liked her video about recognizing how she’s changed. To me it seemed pretty genuine and I respect that she sat down and took responsibility for things.

I just don’t feel like Ryan buying a Tesla was a good idea?? I feel like they’re both really young to have so much money and I feel like they’re not thinking about the fact that just because you have money doesn’t mean you have to spend it. Their house isn’t even fully furnished yet. I’m my opinion it would’ve been much better to save and invest their money rather than buying a mansion and an expensive car. The whole situation just seems kind of irresistible to me.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

Does anyone know which Tesla they got? Seems impulsive buying two huge purchases at once ... guessing both aren’t putting very much into savings for the future.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

It's interesting to see Ryan and Haley seemingly blow through so much money because I know Ryan really looks up to Cody Ko, and Cody is constantly talking about young YouTubers blowing through money. I think both of them have slowly been slipping into the Keeping Up with the Joneses mentality without even realizing it. Interesting that they seemed to get more shallow when Ryan moved away from LA.

Melroselove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melroselove »

greysweatpants20 wrote:It's interesting to see Ryan and Haley seemingly blow through so much money because I know Ryan really looks up to Cody Ko, and Cody is constantly talking about young YouTubers blowing through money. I think both of them have slowly been slipping into the Keeping Up with the Joneses mentality without even realizing it. Interesting that they seemed to get more shallow when Ryan moved away from LA.
That is a really good point. I wish we knew what she made. Because you’re right, there are so many youtubers who are bigger than her and don’t make these huge purchases that quickly (or at least not publicly).
Jenna Marbles, for example, just bought a mansion after 10 years on YouTube and I’m pretty sure she drives a normal car.
I also wonder if things have changed and if youtubers are making more money these days with sponsorships vs. how yters used to make money on views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shesofunny
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shesofunny »

quietsummerday wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:50 am
What are y'alls thoughts on her supporting Shane/J* in the latest vlog? I'm not a fan of either, so it's kind of disappointing. I can't be too hypocritical, since one of my favorite YouTubers (Mia Maples) is a J* stan, but I wish people would stop supporting him and Shane.

Also, thoughts on Ryan buying a Tesla? Seems like a huge purchase to make, considering their house still isn't fully furnished. I'm curious as to whether Haley and Ryan have combined finances.
I absolutely can't stand any youtubers or anyone who still support J* and Shane. Like, I wish the comments on her vlog channel would just be enabled already, bcs I wanna know what everyone else thinks but majority of people on youtube worship the ground J* and Shane walk on. I wish Haley would stop supporting him, but she seems like sort of the type to follow trends so I don't see her discontinuing any support unless there's some massive "cancellation" of Shane and J* in the upcoming future.

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

Personnally, I'll never have the same consideration or love for Haley now than for 2017Haley
She can cry and admit she is too money oriented, she'll never have a more interesting life than when she actually had one (school, dance, friends or whatsoever)

Her life and videos became such a bore since she quit everything

Return to “F-K”