Shane "GotMyCashGottaDash" Dawson (Pt. 25)

_windsor_
Learner
Learner

Re: Shane "GotMyCashGottaDash" Dawson (Pt. 25)

Post by _windsor_ »

ritual wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:47 am
andrew acted so inappropriately during the launch. he kept cracking jokes even thought the mood in the room was clearly tense. it was so awkward to watch.

when he went in for a fist bump i really thought jeffree was going to snap, but he just chose to degrade him by flaunt his watch. cringe
I feel kind of bad for him just because I don't think he realizes that everyone in that room probably hates him lmao

Ainat
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ainat »

GUYS! I just watched it. And something terrible happened. I actually kind of liked it. I know, right? Even I am asking myself "what the hell is wrong with you?". And maybe I'm just PMSing real hard, but I even shed a few tears troughout the thing. I KNOW, RIGHT? Something's definitely wrong with me.

Mind you, I know that there's a whole lot wrong with this series, and their reasoning to even make it. And I will not get started on Shane's extreme lack of professionalism with his non-existing upload schedule, as you guys have already covered that extensively.

But hey, first of all, I kind of liked the way they addressed the "drama". But maybe that's me, I not into that kind of "he said/she said drama", I think it's childish and petty, maybe I'm just too old for that. So I didn't care to begin with. I liked the way they kind of addressed things that people were asking, and liked the tone of a bit of a slap in the face to everybody complaining. I don't know, I thought it was the best way they could address it. Showing receipts so late would only bring old news back, and for what? It's good that they're trying to eliminate the drama from the community, even if it's fake, maybe that's for the best.

And then for the "finale" part in itself. I think it was well paced, captured those tense moments of the launch in an engaging manner. It was funny, emotional and cringy, a great combination. I watched the whole thing in one sitting, and that didn't happen with any of the other videos from the series, so maybe that's something.

I know that those two are huge drama queens, and Shane is mister hyperbole himself. But I am aware that those are their fake internet personalities, so to me it gets kind of entertaining?... Yes, what's wrong with me, I know. And Shane clearly has something mentally very wrong going on, so I'm not sure if I should understand his behaviour or if he is amping it up out of proportion just for the videos. But to me he seems a bit out of it, almost checked out mentally, and I feel sorry for him. I know a bit too well what it's like to struggle with mental stuff, and not being able do deal with deadlines and all that. Again, maybe my PMS heart is just a bit too big today. He should just hire someone to edit full time and be done with that at this point.

But I was coming here to moan about something anyway, so I must say this. Andrew. F*ckin' Andrew. He seemed like a nice guy at first, but I guess he's getting comfortable and his personality is showing more and more, and I'm not sure I like it. And he's probably the worst camera man in the history of camera men. He laughs, he shakes the freaking camera ALL THE TIME, he gives me motion sickness. I kind of want to strangle him, and I'm normally a very peaceful person.

And what was it with that outfit than Shane wore to the meet and greet?? J* and Nate show up all elegant and produced and expensive and whatnot. And then the pig gang show up in nothing but MERCH? What was up with that? Was it a contractual thing? Because if not it's kind of rude, right? I'm all for wearing the most comfortable things in the world at pretty much all times, but this was a big event. Maybe the most important of his whole career, and he shows up in J* merch??

Sorry for the huge rave/rant, I needed to get that off my chest. I still can't accept that I actually liked it... Send help!

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

ibeendrakein wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:10 am
the ONLY piece of content in that entire episode that had ANYYY real value was the 1.5 minutes where shane talked about how he poured his heart and savings into creating a movie he was passionate about and thought it was gonna be this big hit and it completely flopped. and then he talked about how he released a pair of custom sunglasses(they were super ugly) and it was a huge moment for him only for almost none of them to sell and he said he had a warehouse full of unsold sunglasses for a long time. he should of focused more on his past failures so the extent of the success this wack ass makeup line got seemed more authentic and meaningful. andrew and shane are absolutely awful video producers. the literal ONLY piece of substance that made the audience feel any type of way for him was mentioning that. i felt nothing towards any of the ‘emotional’ scenes until he mentioned that- but he literally only talked about it for a minute that completely moved on and never mentioned it again.

idiots. all of them.
I didn't watch any of the series, because it seemed like such BS, and all his other documentaries that I did see were basically vlogs, but imagine that he actually made this a real documentary. He should have draw inspiration from fashion documentaries, like the September Issue or Dior and I (which show the making of the September 2007 issue of Vogue and the making of Raf Simons' debut collection with Dior, respectively) and turned it into the making of a makeup collection. He also could have talked about his past fails and why this was so important to him, etc. The way he makes his documentaries makes me think he's never watched one in this life...

Post by Guest »

kramodadragon wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Wow. A lot of people are actually calling him out on not including the drama stuff like he teased in the trailer, cutting episodes, the series being anticlimactic and him running off with his money :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I bet he'll do a 5 minute brief mention of the drama it in the final episode, majorly cut down, probably him just "reacting" and crying with some sad wimpy song over the top with dramatic cuts. And some "positive" message or something and not actually address anything. Before going back to "WOOOH SO MUCH MONEY GUYS WE BROKE THE INTERNET IM CRYINGGGG". Just so he can cover his ass and say he included it and his fans won't realize they've been fully conned.
you called it exactly!

Post by Guest »

My god there is absolutely no fucking way Shane doesn't act/ play it all up for the camera. His facial expression at 26:06 when the palette launches and they're getting "Errors", is so fuckinggggg annoying, like he just got sentenced to life in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Or prior to launch and they're on the phone with Shopify/ Afterpay and he asks J* who they're talking to, J* tells him, and he acts all dumbfounded/ shocked. What's... so... special... about.. that...?

Post by Guest »

i've never posted about shane on here before, but i am honestly livid after his new video. the fact that one of the channels he linked and featured in his latest video is an actual white supremacist advocating for race wars and an ethnostate is absolutely not acceptable. if he took even ONE look at her channel he would see that she is literally one of the most racist people on youtube, making videos about white genocide and calling black men the n-word. i cannot believe that someone who has this big of a platform wouldn't take the time to vet the people who he featured in his video. why give clout to someone this hateful? is it really that hard to check the people who you are featuring in your videos?

this honestly just reaffirms to me that shane will never be a true documentarian. he doesn't have the intellect to properly put together cohesive storylines, or the tools needed to not make major mistakes like this. he is so careless with the narratives he is putting out into the internet and i can't believe people treat him like he is some sort of god.

Post by Guest »

I think one of Shane's huge problems is Andrew -- he can't film for shit, why has he not gotten a gimbal or rig at this point, or camera with better stabilization and auto focus tracking!? I bet he doesn't even know what any of that is. Why he insists on hand holding and focusing/ lack thereof is so fucking beyond me. At least if Shane got someone a bit more professional, his videos could be somewhat improved (though morally at the end of the day, this series was fucked & a farce). Andrew used to be semi tolerable until he decided to make himself a character and feels the need to always insert himself when hey, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YA. How can he even get a serious job in "film" making at this point? He has not quality reel-- just out of focus, shaky camera work. Also, stop following people into the fucking bathroom with your camera on record.

Sidenote-- Also, the fact that Shane included Haley Pham's reaction, the literal fucking QUEEN of entitled first world problems, KILLLLLLS me :rofl:

Post by Guest »

The Caitie Turner song that plays at the end makes absolutely no sense in relation to the content being shown.

And for how long it took him to put this out-- it is 75% other people's footage/ footage we have ALREADY SEEN IN THE OTHER EPISODES.

This end montage is a fucking circle jerk with a strange old woman wearing Trisha Payta's tour merch thrown in.

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GluteActivation »

I’m surprised no ones talked about this but...
Jeffree punching and shaking the glass walls, screaming, rolling around, acting all crazy during the launch was so cringe!! It just goes to show how big of a temper he’s got and for sure has anger issues. I get being mad, but you’re the CEO, compose yourself! Everything’s already tense, and him not being able to hold it together while everyone else it.. yikes, just yikes

XXDOJA CATXX
Learner
Learner

Post by XXDOJA CATXX »

Just noticed he didn't link Karina Kaboom in the description when he linked everyone else lmao the poor woman talks about him and jeffree all day and he can't even throw her a crumb when she's down in the views. I bet Jeffree told him not to. There's a weird dynamic where J* doesn't wanna acknowledge her existence when his Jeffree Who lipstick shade exists cause he watched her video exposing the KvonD comment.

grarlene
Learner
Learner

Post by grarlene »

GluteActivation wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:53 am
I’m surprised no ones talked about this but...
Jeffree punching and shaking the glass walls, screaming, rolling around, acting all crazy during the launch was so cringe!! It just goes to show how big of a temper he’s got and for sure has anger issues. I get being mad, but you’re the CEO, compose yourself! Everything’s already tense, and him not being able to hold it together while everyone else it.. yikes, just yikes
And this is probably him holding back since he knew he was being filmed. Imagine how he acts normally 😬

Peppa Schmint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Peppa Schmint »

So of all the creators online, Shane scraped the bottom of you tube to find these racists. Seems very on brand if you ask me

lucifer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lucifer »

Everyone in the room looked away so awkwardly when he started banging on the windows. He hit the window so hard with his head and body at one point it started bending and I thought it might break. He's fucking unhinged. Imagine being in a business meeting with brands on the phone and acting like a toddler. His IT dude or whoever even muted the phone in advance, J* must be like this all the time. What a nightmare person.

sanityisillegal
Learner
Learner

Post by sanityisillegal »

lucifer wrote:Everyone in the room looked away so awkwardly when he started banging on the windows. He hit the window so hard with his head and body at one point it started bending and I thought it might break. He's fucking unhinged. Imagine being in a business meeting with brands on the phone and acting like a toddler. His IT dude or whoever even muted the phone in advance, J* must be like this all the time. What a nightmare person.
That really shows you how money can change people's perception of someone.
Back when J* was still poor and less known everyone thought he was a freak, and vulgar, and didn't respect him. Now that he's rich he's basically the same and people go 'oh hes eccentric'.
Shane walks around in dirty, sweaty clothes looking like he hasn't showered in weeks and everyone commends him on being 'humble' and 'relatable' because he's still a rich fucking YouTuber! If he wasn't rich everyone would (correctly) think he's just a nasty slob

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

:roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neonlights8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Neonlights8 »

That diet coke shirt needs to be burned, it's so disgusting homeless shelters wouldn't even take it.

TheTruthSeeker
Talker
Talker

Post by TheTruthSeeker »

Joanne The Scammer just summed up the entire series with one comment..

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

lucifer wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:30 am
Everyone in the room looked away so awkwardly when he started banging on the windows. He hit the window so hard with his head and body at one point it started bending and I thought it might break. He's fucking unhinged. Imagine being in a business meeting with brands on the phone and acting like a toddler. His IT dude or whoever even muted the phone in advance, J* must be like this all the time. What a nightmare person.
In the beginning of the video Shane literally said something about broken glass and I was expecting him to break it!!!!! I think there was a lot more yelling and anger but Shane didn't include it cuz it obviously makes them look bad (which is why he had no clue how to edit this)

the drama part was SUCH a cop out, finding people specifically saying they only wanted to see his reaction to it so he could fucking re shoot fake clips of him reacting, which by the way how could he have acted so surprised to see the "bye sister" video on the tv like he knew what it was unless he obviously knew what it was cuz he fucking started this whole damn thing. The video was way too long for no reason and the extremely excessive clips of all the people freaking out over the website not working and then getting the palette was EMBARRASSING it's like they're all in some kinda cult..

trepanum
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by trepanum »

Neonlights8 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:31 pm
That diet coke shirt needs to be burned, it's so disgusting homeless shelters wouldn't even take it.
if you wet it and rung it out I bet the runoff would be the color of diet coke lol

Post by Guest »

(Going to preface this with I only really come on here for Shane's thread, so not too sure people's thoughts on those mentioned below.. but in a bubble, I think it's all rather interesting)

Has anyone watched the new Phillip DeFranco podcast with Christine & Ben? I haven't watched much of her in a really long time, but really respect the hell out of the two of them as far as productivity and looking beyond YouTube, keeping their regular "day jobs" (which was something I hadn't known about). They're also super transparent and love how honest they were being about how these YouTubers play up the sympathy/ "I make no money" comments to try and make their viewers feel bad for them, when they actually make MILLIONS. I couldn't help but think they were low key talking about Shane (especially because Ben brings him up earlier in the podcast). 1:08:01, Ben starts talking about the demonetization stuff.

39:05 they start talking about the "documentary" series. At 40:05 Phil says he wonders if there will be "genuine interest" in making make up, now that Shane has "exposed" how much money is in it, or if there will be a "wave of cash grabs"... BITCH, SHANE WAS A CASH GRAB!? And then Phil dared to say that people "ripped off Shane's doc style after he did it" HUH? Shane invented NOTHING new with this video style, if you could even call it a style. People have been making "documentaries" since the birth of film. Fuck off.

40:30 Ben says it how it is, lol. I feel like he's biting his tongue to not come across as an asshole, but he sees it for how this actually was. He thinks Shane was doing it for the right reasons, but I think plenty of us can beg to differ. "Did it even have to be make up that he was selling?" LOL

And at 41:13, Ben goes on to say "The very first episode was, 'You know everyone assumes I'm a really rich, famous YouTuber and yeah, I have money, but I'm not on the Forbes list, like Logan Paul, right?' So it was almost like the framing of the series was like 'This is my way of actually making the money people assume I have already.'"

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Shane Dawson”