Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Post by randomlygenerated »

Lizzy’s denied having lip fillers twice before but she’s gone overboard now, her top lip looks painful.
Also I’m pretty sure she’s using a stretching/lengthening app or at least she’s editing her Instagram pictures in some way.
Lizzy has reached peak influencer vapidness.

She seems allergic to declare any gifted items.
I can’t remember the amount of times she mentioned getting a new bed and that is was from Made but she never once mentioned it was gifted, I only noticed when I looked in the description box.

New in wardrobe video; Lizzy (wilfully) forgot to mention the leather Madewell jacket she’s been shilling, the quality looks awful on her blog and I imagine it has zero longevity in her wardrobe especially compared to her Toteme one.
And the Charles and Keith(?) items she was shilling on instagram, she’s been gifted items by that brand earlier in the year and those pieces have already disappeared.
There’s probably other items I’ve not picked up on too but what’s the point in these videos is she doesn’t even include all the items? I think the obvious answer she’s embarrassed by the amount of ads she does but can’t resist cashing in on those affiliate links. (And no Lizzy, your job doesn’t entail doing ads for clothes you obviously wouldn’t buy with your own money. It’s called integrity and having respect for your followers.)

And for anyone interested the purple jumper did not go to charity, it was originally gifted to her and sold on Depop:
https://www.depop.com/products/lizzyhad ... soft-wool/
I’m sure she only mentions charity as a form of greenwashing when in reality she even sells items for £10 on Depop. She would literally have to film herself taking bags to the charity shop before I believed she actually donated anything.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Also agree with others sentiments about her new house.
The living area is simply too small for her furniture and seeing as Lizzy is a single person I don’t understand the attraction for having a large amount of dead space.
For anyone interested she’s paying £3k a month.

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

snarkvark wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:13 pm
Spencerfray96 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:40 am
And for her to say she’s ‘so anxious’ when talking about sustainability it’s as though she knows what she is doing is wrong and that she isn’t actually putting any effort into being a conscious consumer of fashion.
I'm tired of vloggers saying they're nervous of talking about sustainability because they get criticised "for not being perfect". It's justified criticism and
also the sustainabiluty thing with some of these bloggers really doesnt wash. it's not a fashion trend its a lifestyle choice/decision. it's no good banging on about fast fashion and sustainable brands and then walking around with disposable cups and online ordering where the carbon footprint etc is HUGE.. You have to carry these things through if you believe in them not jump on a bandwagon to get followers.

I actually posted a comment on one of her blogs about use of disposable cups etc as she whined on about how she travels a lot claiming it's hard to be eco etc when travelling .. ermm places in airports let you use water bottles and reusable cups

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

leesa_l wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 am
Hello....earth to Lizzy...you already have a black shorter coat.
And thats a nice look too...

LucyBon
Learner
Learner

Post by LucyBon »

I also hate the sustainability topic from bloggers like Lizzy. I get that that’s hard to do when your job is to get in sponsorships with brands that want to sell their new stuff. But just acknowledge that and accept that doesn’t go well with the sustainability message. Do what you can privately, but no need to share your little efforts with us (I didn’t buy this and that, I couldn’t justify it). Just like when you work for tobacco brand you should keep your mouth shut about eating healthily or when you work for McDonalds you cannot preach about veganism. Some things come with a job and if that doesn’t sit well with you, you have to change your job. In the meantime keep your minor actions towards a sustainable lifestyle to yourself. It is not an achievement to wear the same coat daily for a couple of years. Many people buy a new winter coat every other year. Most of us do that without necessarily considering themselves sustainable.

I mean, I love buying new coats too, nothing g wrong with that, but I also know that I shouldn’t be preaching about sustainability.

Spencerfray96
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Spencerfray96 »

And for anyone interested the purple jumper did not go to charity, it was originally gifted to her and sold on Depop:
https://www.depop.com/products/lizzyhad ... soft-wool/
I’m sure she only mentions charity as a form of greenwashing when in reality she even sells items for £10 on Depop. She would literally have to film herself taking bags to the charity shop before I believed she actually donated anything.
[/quote]

Is it legal for influencers to sell items they were gifted?? Why hasn’t Lizzy addressed this?? It makes it so obvious that she doesn’t even like any of the clothes she gets for free...yet gets to sell them?

LucyBon
Learner
Learner

Post by LucyBon »

It probably is legal to sell gifted items. But as a brand I would not be happy if bloggers are selling my products for far less than the retail price to consumers.

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

Do you guys remember my theory about Lizzy's mom alcoholism? I don't have the screencap now, but I also saw another proof she has alcohol problems: her tummy is insanely bloated, for such a thin person, and that's very common in alcoholic people. Like, her tummy and legs looked like the Tweedles twins in alice in wonderland:

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

I just hope Lizzy stops calling her mom "bitch". That your mom has no backbone does not allow you to call her like that.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

AlexanderTeAmo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm
Do you guys remember my theory about Lizzy's mom alcoholism? I don't have the screencap now, but I also saw another proof she has alcohol problems: her tummy is insanely bloated, for such a thin person, and that's very common in alcoholic people. Like, her tummy and legs looked like the Tweedles twins in alice in wonderland:

Ehm that is what happens to middle-aged women: they accumulate fat around their midsection due to a change in hormone levels. And if someone is tall/long legged, as her mum is, it will be more obvious than with a shorter person. It is a bit far stretched to assume she has an alcohol issue.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

She is going to Tokyo, and on her own. That is a bit surprising really, can't recall her ever travelling by herself, and to Tokyo no less. To be fair, should be interesting. And I am a bit jealous, Tokyo, well Japan in general, is very much on my wish list hahahaha.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Wow, that's a change of pace for her. I can't stand watching any of her Youtube content nowadays, so I'm assuming this was a birthday gift to herself/from someone? In any case, I absolutely love Tokyo, and it's a great place to visit solo, although I imagine it'll be quite a culture shock for her. I remember a blog not too long ago when she and Ben were still together, and he had just introduced her to ramen and sake.

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

Ugh, sorry guys, but Japan is such a cliché. I mean, there's nothing that has not already been documented about Japan. China is x100000000000 times much more interesting :geek:

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

AlexanderTeAmo wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:44 pm
Ugh, sorry guys, but Japan is such a cliché. I mean, there's nothing that has not already been documented about Japan. China is x100000000000 times much more interesting :geek:
I don't like to feed the troll but of COURSE China hasn't been documented. They ban social media. :roll:

hellcat_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hellcat_ »

Someone brought up here the Halpin sisters and Lizzy hanging out with them and copying their aesthetic, and I noticed there are couple of photos of Sarah on het birthday blog post, no photos of Lindsey meanwhile.. I don’t know I get weird vibes that she is trying hard to become friends with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

LydiaDeetzhat wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:40 am
AlexanderTeAmo wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:44 pm
I don't like to feed the troll but of COURSE China hasn't been documented. They ban social media. :roll:
Eh? Vloggers can still go there and film content though. There isn't a complete ban on foreign incoming travel. Influencers just upload their videos when they get home. Or use a VPN.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

faceface wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am
She is going to Tokyo, and on her own. That is a bit surprising really, can't recall her ever travelling by herself, and to Tokyo no less. To be fair, should be interesting. And I am a bit jealous, Tokyo, well Japan in general, is very much on my wish list hahahaha.
I suspect she's going with a brand. Or she will get offered something by a brand now that she's posted about sending recommendations (i.e., subtle begging for free stuff / lodging). I don't get the feeling she's very open minded about cultures unknown to her. This should be fun.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am
faceface wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am
I suspect she's going with a brand. Or she will get offered something by a brand now that she's posted about sending recommendations (i.e., subtle begging for free stuff / lodging). I don't get the feeling she's very open minded about cultures unknown to her. This should be fun.
I think Lizzy has been very sheltered thus far in her life, but I do sense that she's at least curious about things (unlike Emma Hill, for instance, who only went to Disney Sea in Japan and probably starved while she was there because she refuses to eat anything that isn't KFC). I really hope she tries to see beyond the instagrammable surface of things while she's there, though I definitely expect a lot of Columbusing from our Lizzy Of The North. Also, totally agree that she will be getting freebies left and right. She'll get comped for all of her stays at luxury hotels and resorts while she's there, otherwise, I don't see her surviving on her own at all.

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

OMG Our Benji boi saying his weekends with Lizzy were boring AF and she was a lame partner (not "fantastic"):

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

Lizzy has been to Bali with her Mum before and IIRC her mum has been to Asia a few times before (I guess because of work?)
She does seem more cultured than a lot of other influencers (Emma Hill) because of her upbringing and maybe her degree.

Return to “L-O”