Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheTimTracker &NowIt’sTimeForThatPoorKid Part 7

Post by InsanityIsMe »

craychel813 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:40 am
She isn't going to sit in that damn chair and breastfeed in a quiet room with nothing to do. I've found that you gotta try all different places and positions and pillows to get a comfortable latch for both you and the baby. Once that is established, I need something to watch while she feeds or I would go crazy. Sitting upstairs in a room with no TV every 2-3 hours is so unrealistic.
My kids are much older (teens) but man, I remember those days. I spent a lot of time sitting in a recliner or laying on the futon in the living room, watching TV while breastfeeding. Or those nights of "cranky colicky baby who DEMANDED to sleep on me" where it was just easier to lay back in the recliner in the living room with the TV on low volume for light and company so my husband could sleep. I sure don't miss those days....

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

InsanityIsMe wrote:
craychel813 wrote:
She isn't going to sit in that damn chair and breastfeed in a quiet room with nothing to do. I've found that you gotta try all different places and positions and pillows to get a comfortable latch for both you and the baby. Once that is established, I need something to watch while she feeds or I would go crazy. Sitting upstairs in a room with no TV every 2-3 hours is so unrealistic.
My kids are much older (teens) but man, I remember those days. I spent a lot of time sitting in a recliner or laying on the futon in the living room, watching TV while breastfeeding. Or those nights of "cranky colicky baby who DEMANDED to sleep on me" where it was just easier to lay back in the recliner in the living room with the TV on low volume for light and company so my husband could sleep. I sure don't miss those days....
I'm with you. Part of me misses the cuddling, and the warm, sweet-smelling baby sleeping on me, but I don't miss colic (the singer Shawn Colvin and her CD "Fat City" saved us-- dancing to it was the only thing that stopped my daughter from screaming from 9-midnight every night). I don't miss diapers and having to take a bag with clothes, wipes, diapers etc everywhere. And I love the conversations that I have with my smart, "woke" son.
But if Jenn thinks she is going to sit upstairs in a dark room and breastfeed or bottle feed, whatever, without something to watch or listen to, she is crazy. You will die of boredom if you just stare at the baby. You want to interact with them, but you need something else to occupy your mind too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Skanka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Skanka »

Rossbeef wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:02 am
Kid is probably going to be called Jim because its a mix of Tim and Jenn. Their freaky fans will be like "OMG THATS SO CUTE"
I instinctively scrunched up my face in annoyance at the thought of this. Thaaaanks for that. :x

je0509
Debater
Debater

Post by je0509 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:21 pm
InsanityIsMe wrote:
craychel813 wrote:
I'm with you. Part of me misses the cuddling, and the warm, sweet-smelling baby sleeping on me, but I don't miss colic (the singer Shawn Colvin and her CD "Fat City" saved us-- dancing to it was the only thing that stopped my daughter from screaming from 9-midnight every night). I don't miss diapers and having to take a bag with clothes, wipes, diapers etc everywhere. And I love the conversations that I have with my smart, "woke" son.
But if Jenn thinks she is going to sit upstairs in a dark room and breastfeed or bottle feed, whatever, without something to watch or listen to, she is crazy. You will die of boredom if you just stare at the baby. You want to interact with them, but you need something else to occupy your mind too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jenn doesn't seem like the kind of person to be able to focus on one thing without something happening in the background (as we've seen her watching Housewives while cooking or editing), so I'm sure she'll have that stuff going while she's nursing too.

Maya
Learner
Learner

Post by Maya »

mikedupp wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:09 am
xfireflyeyes wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:22 am
mikedupp wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 am
xfireflyeyes wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 am
And now it's time to do the cheese crawl....two whole months after everyone else has done it.

Let's get started shall we:

- Tim believes cottage pie and shepherd's pie are the same thing. My ancestors are weeping in their graves.

- First "Not the best/not the worst" "I wouldn't order this again" of the video.

- Tim's favorite is the Paõ de Quejo from the Brazil pavilion but he clearly can't pronounce it so he just calls it cheese bread. I wish I was shocked but his food palette is like the color beige so this is pretty on brand for him.

- "Free cheesecake" is actually a pretty expensive piece of cheesecake.

- Point n' Price starts at 13:01 in MouseGear featuring Christmas merchandise. Since I'm going to be in Disney in less than a week this part is not as annoying as it normally is.
Of course Tim loves the cheese bread that you can buy frozen at Publix.
Saying Tim has the palette of a child is an insult to children everywhere. He also at one point calls it a pancake because the bread is somewhat squashed and not as fluffy as say a Hawaiian King roll.

I'm shocked he didn't stop at the Italy booth again to get the chicken tendies he was enamored with, when in reality they are just frozen Tyson tendies.

Those chicken tenders are actually really good I had them last week 😂 they didn't seem frozen/basic

Wheezy
Learner
Learner

Post by Wheezy »

Sapphire4589 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:17 pm
mikedupp wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:05 pm
Ooof Jen looks like Devine with her awful makeup in the newest video....
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: Spat out my coffee this looks awful
Looks like a Drag Queen! Lordy

corgibutts14
Learner
Learner

Post by corgibutts14 »

This is so so nitpicky. I myself have a bit of an accent being originally from a place in the northeast that borders Canada and I say certain words differently...buuuuut the way Tim says "again" makes me want to pull my hair out every time. I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but it's on the level of "crown" instead of "crayon" for me. No idea why it irks me lol. I'm sure the way I say "alien" bothers people too because of how my a's can come out. But it's almost like he says it in a weird whiny way.

zilops
Learner
Learner

Post by zilops »

craychel813 wrote:
As a new mom, I keep telling my husband that this baby is going to BREAK Jenn. I wish them the best, for the baby's sake, but hot damn their entire world is about to be turned upside down. A few things:

They have said she will have an emergency C-section because the placenta is low lying. Shouldn't this already be scheduled? Not just "oh we will wait until Jenn starts bleeding profusely then head over to the hospital"?

That nursery is going to become so useless so quickly. The baby will (should...) sleep in their room with them for at least the first 6 months. She isn't going to sit in that damn chair and breastfeed in a quiet room with nothing to do. I've found that you gotta try all different places and positions and pillows to get a comfortable latch for both you and the baby. Once that is established, I need something to watch while she feeds or I would go crazy. Sitting upstairs in a room with no TV every 2-3 hours is so unrealistic.

What are they going to do with those stupid maternity pictures? Who are they for? The baby, themselves? I hope they got them for free, because they were cheesy af.

Finally, my husband keeps reiterating how much Jenn's mouth grosses him out, and I have to agree. She has those greasy lips like she just ate a ton of spaghetti or chicken wings. So unfortunate.
No reason their kid HAS to sleep in their room. My daughter slept in her own room from the day she came home from the NICU with zero problems. She was sleeping through the night by 2.5 months old.

jdimlet__
Learner
Learner

Post by jdimlet__ »

zilops wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:51 pm
craychel813 wrote:
As a new mom, I keep telling my husband that this baby is going to BREAK Jenn. I wish them the best, for the baby's sake, but hot damn their entire world is about to be turned upside down. A few things:

They have said she will have an emergency C-section because the placenta is low lying. Shouldn't this already be scheduled? Not just "oh we will wait until Jenn starts bleeding profusely then head over to the hospital"?

That nursery is going to become so useless so quickly. The baby will (should...) sleep in their room with them for at least the first 6 months. She isn't going to sit in that damn chair and breastfeed in a quiet room with nothing to do. I've found that you gotta try all different places and positions and pillows to get a comfortable latch for both you and the baby. Once that is established, I need something to watch while she feeds or I would go crazy. Sitting upstairs in a room with no TV every 2-3 hours is so unrealistic.

What are they going to do with those stupid maternity pictures? Who are they for? The baby, themselves? I hope they got them for free, because they were cheesy af.

Finally, my husband keeps reiterating how much Jenn's mouth grosses him out, and I have to agree. She has those greasy lips like she just ate a ton of spaghetti or chicken wings. So unfortunate.
No reason their kid HAS to sleep in their room. My daughter slept in her own room from the day she came home from the NICU with zero problems. She was sleeping through the night by 2.5 months old.

Perhaps it’s different in the US but here in the UK (But I’m sure it’s worldwide) there are very strict ‘guidelines’ that babies must sleep in the same room as their parent/s for the first 6 months even for naps. This is to reduce the risk of SIDS after decades of research.

Respectfully, the notion that a person had ‘zero problems’ in their own experience doesn’t detract from the countless families who have lost babies to SIDS. The recommendations are in place for good reason and T&J would be irresponsible to not follow, and even worse to display unsafe sleeping practices to their swarms of obsessed stans! 😊

InsanityIsMe
Talker
Talker

Post by InsanityIsMe »

zilops wrote:
I think that depends on the kid and parent. My first was a total cling-on and so she slept in our room for quite a while (and spent the 1st 3 months in bed tucked up against me...shhhh...don't tell the parenting experts) just so we could get some sleep. She's also the one that taught me how to sleep reclined in a recliner, baby on chest. She's a teen now and still a bit of a mama's girl. That's just the way that one came out. Thankfully, I didn't spend $5000+ on a nursery for it to go unused because she was the kid that HATED cribs. We ended up moving her to a twin bed in her room with a big handrail and a sturdy babygate in her doorway when she was ready for her room.

My 2nd one was totally independent. (Still is.) He only wanted to sleep in his pack-n-play - no where else - and transitioned to his room and crib so easily when he got past the bassinet stage and slept for more than 3 hours between feedings. I think he would have slept in his room from the moment he came home....but gosh darn it, it was a long walk from our room to his and he was a DEMANDING little cuss when he was hungry. It just made my life easier and let me sleep more. ;-)

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

jdimlet__ wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:33 pm
zilops wrote:
craychel813 wrote:

Perhaps it’s different in the US but here in the UK (But I’m sure it’s worldwide) there are very strict ‘guidelines’ that babies must sleep in the same room as their parent/s for the first 6 months even for naps. This is to reduce the risk of SIDS after decades of research.

Respectfully, the notion that a person had ‘zero problems’ in their own experience doesn’t detract from the countless families who have lost babies to SIDS. The recommendations are in place for good reason and T&J would be irresponsible to not follow, and even worse to display unsafe sleeping practices to their swarms of obsessed stans! 😊
These are the guidelines I was also told to follow! I live in FL, so I just assumed the Trackers would be given the same information as I was.

OnionDipitsAPartay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OnionDipitsAPartay »

SneezedMyBabyOut wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:59 pm
The dress is nice, but because it's white it makes all these photos look like they were taken at a shotgun wedding.

(And please, if *you* had a shotgun wedding, don't be offended. I assure you that my comment only refers to the subjects of this forum. :roll: )
Hahahah at the disclaimer!!! ❄️❄️❄️

Bhg469
Debater
Debater

Post by Bhg469 »

corgibutts14 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm
This is so so nitpicky. I myself have a bit of an accent being originally from a place in the northeast that borders Canada and I say certain words differently...buuuuut the way Tim says "again" makes me want to pull my hair out every time. I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but it's on the level of "crown" instead of "crayon" for me. No idea why it irks me lol. I'm sure the way I say "alien" bothers people too because of how my a's can come out. But it's almost like he says it in a weird whiny way.
716?!

Post by Guest »

EPCOT Cheese Trail vlog observations -

1. People are walking in, Tim, because you're there in the afternoon and there's 99.99% of the time parking available toward the front where you can "free park" yourself in available spots. I know this, because I did this last Monday.

2. No, Tim. The monoliths did not draw your attention away from the Living Seas building. :roll: You just had to look over in that direction.

3. Misinformation #1 - Earth Eats is entirely vegan. Disney should have blasted this in bright lights above it so dolts like him wouldn't give people misinformation. The mozzarella is vegan mozzarella. I've had all the dishes on this menu like 3-4x each already. The mozz in NO way even tastes remotely like real mozz - you can't even it really taste anything at all. And OMG - the nitpicking on the friggin veg and "meat" (in quotes b/c he did that multiple times) WE GET IT, TIM. YOU LIKE BEEF. You don't like this dish. No need to drive it home 5 bazillion times.

4. Misinformation #2 - "Pro Tip" (so TIRED of that overused fucking line) - that area is NOT "too low" to eat it. My BF is 6 foot and didn't complain the multiple times we've stood there already (and I think there was a similar set up last year?). Nor should someone bitch for the 1-2 mins. they'll be eating at that nice clean spot... and instead opt for a TRASH CAN when there were places available elsewhere? MAKES NO SENSE. The trash cans are your last resort (next to sitting on the curbs or low stone borders) when you can't find a table.

5. The Boursin soufflé is friggin DELICIOUS. And the fig jam complements it really nicely. We've gotten it about 3-4x also already. But I guess when you have the palate of a 3-year-old, taste combos like that scare you.

6. The Alps - the bread is thinner than what they got in the media preview. I cannot roll my eyes enough on this comment. :roll: Ya think? Because it's MEDIA PREVIEW. Of course they're going to make the dishes look enormously more generous / prettier plated / better value than what you'll end up getting on any random day in the parks.

7. No offense to Brazilian food fans or Pao de Queijo fans but it figures Tim would ADORE the absolute simplest of the dishes he tried - Cheese Bread. Similar to his ADORING the chicken tenders in Italy. And this just proves once again why no one should take food advice from Tim.

SIDE NOTE- for anyone going to do the Cheese Trail - the end cheesecake you get is apparently all over the place. The one he got looks NOTHING like what I got. I attached a photo of what I got. I didn't get pearls...and I got 2. And they had a strange green tint in real life (didn't come thru in the pic) and a weird taste. Tasted NOTHING like good, authentic cheesecake (NY or otherwise). And NO friggin pineapple.

And the one he and I got looked nothing like the one my friend had gotten a few weeks prior to us.
SO I don't know what the hell they're doing in that booth for the "FREE" cheesecake. Zero consistency.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

persephonehades wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:27 am
It is very karmic as you can definitely tell they have limited social support. I am worried Jenn will isolate herself and possibly develop postpartum depression as it seems they have not reached out to local support systems. Having a baby is no easy feat when you DO have support, I cannot imagine doing it with Timmy, the wannabe adult. I want to see them going to Lamaze classes, prenatal classes, etc. if they're constantly gonna talk about baby and co. They really could have captured a different audience if they knew how to market themselves properly. Two millennials not having a clue, having a baby could be top vlog material if you knew how to capture that. Instead, they come off as if everything is hunky-dory and everything will just come together... good luck, Jenn, good luck!
Yeah, interesting you mention that. I wonder why they haven't mentioned prenatal either. I cannot have kids - period - as I've stated before but I've obviously been around a myriad of family, friends, etc. who were pregnant and I was there as a support and / or a confidant throughout their pregnancies. So, now that you mentioned it - it is really interesting there has been ZERO mention of any of those sorts of classes.

But also like you said - it's all just sort of [read in Tim's Goofy / Kermit voice] - "Oh - gawrsh! WE'LL just have to get a C-section... gawrsh! good golly! gee whiz ding dang!" and they think everything will just be fine and go back completely to normal once they bring the baby home?

Cuz it's not going to be like that. Their entire world - nicely (yet overly, IMHO) decorated nursery or not - is going to be turn upside down. Jenn's body is going to go thru a lot and if she thinks she's got issues now (i.e. [selective] panic / anxiety, carpal tunnel, colds, back pain, etc. whatever else she's hypochondriacally mentioned over time), I REALLY hope she's TRULY ready for what she's going to experience.

I also am curious - since they share virtually EVERYTHING on their channel - why they've NEVER said the exact "medical issue" they're experiencing by DIAGNOSED NAME. Like why keep THAT a secret? Given their history of drama and saying *just enough* to get people to have sympathy for them.... I just don't know.... :roll:
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikedupp
Informer
Informer

Post by mikedupp »

Chococat76 wrote: EPCOT Cheese Trail vlog observations -

1. People are walking in, Tim, because you're there in the afternoon and there's 99.99% of the time parking available toward the front where you can "free park" yourself in available spots. I know this, because I did this last Monday.

2. No, Tim. The monoliths did not draw your attention away from the Living Seas building. :roll: You just had to look over in that direction.

3. Misinformation #1 - Earth Eats is entirely vegan. Disney should have blasted this in bright lights above it so dolts like him wouldn't give people misinformation. The mozzarella is vegan mozzarella. I've had all the dishes on this menu like 3-4x each already. The mozz in NO way even tastes remotely like real mozz - you can't even it really taste anything at all. And OMG - the nitpicking on the friggin veg and "meat" (in quotes b/c he did that multiple times) WE GET IT, TIM. YOU LIKE BEEF. You don't like this dish. No need to drive it home 5 bazillion times.

4. Misinformation #2 - "Pro Tip" (so TIRED of that overused fucking line) - that area is NOT "too low" to eat it. My BF is 6 foot and didn't complain the multiple times we've stood there already (and I think there was a similar set up last year?). Nor should someone bitch for the 1-2 mins. they'll be eating at that nice clean spot... and instead opt for a TRASH CAN when there were places available elsewhere? MAKES NO SENSE. The trash cans are your last resort (next to sitting on the curbs or low stone borders) when you can't find a table.

5. The Boursin soufflé is friggin DELICIOUS. And the fig jam complements it really nicely. We've gotten it about 3-4x also already. But I guess when you have the palate of a 3-year-old, taste combos like that scare you.

6. The Alps - the bread is thinner than what they got in the media preview. I cannot roll my eyes enough on this comment. :roll: Ya think? Because it's MEDIA PREVIEW. Of course they're going to make the dishes look enormously more generous / prettier plated / better value than what you'll end up getting on any random day in the parks.

7. No offense to Brazilian food fans or Pao de Queijo fans but it figures Tim would ADORE the absolute simplest of the dishes he tried - Cheese Bread. Similar to his ADORING the chicken tenders in Italy. And this just proves once again why no one should take food advice from Tim.

SIDE NOTE- for anyone going to do the Cheese Trail - the end cheesecake you get is apparently all over the place. The one he got looks NOTHING like what I got. I attached a photo of what I got. I didn't get pearls...and I got 2. And they had a strange green tint in real life (didn't come thru in the pic) and a weird taste. Tasted NOTHING like good, authentic cheesecake (NY or otherwise). And NO friggin pineapple.

And the one he and I got looked nothing like the one my friend had gotten a few weeks prior to us.
SO I don't know what the hell they're doing in that booth for the "FREE" cheesecake. Zero consistency.
My fiance surmised that the CMs hooked Tim up with a different "free" cheesecake or Tim demanded something special for free.

ChipsAnnoy
Learner
Learner

Post by ChipsAnnoy »

For those that did not get to see it originally.

Post by Guest »

mikedupp wrote:
My fiance surmised that the CMs hooked Tim up with a different "free" cheesecake or Tim demanded something special for free.
Funny you say that cuz yeah, I had watched recent vlogs by Tiffany Mink on YoutTube and Bring Me on Facebook and both got the SAME "free" two little plain cheesecakes as me.

And DFB, Seeking the Magical, Disney Sisters, and WDW Couple - in September - seemed to only get ONE with the little piece of white chocolate w/ the logo on top of the cheesecake.

So yeah, so far no one seems to have gotten the one Tim got w/ pearls and pineapple. :roll: Unless that's how they're doing them now. BUT I just remembered that BF finished all his stamps the other day for a SECOND free cheesecake so I'll keep you posted when we go next time and redeem it!!! LOL :D

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

It is a bit concerning that they've said nothing about, and seemingly haven't gone to, any baby classes. I could not get myself educated ENOUGH before my baby girl's arrival.

The other random thing I've noticed is Tim complaining about the "heavy" camera set up he currently has with the gimble thing....10 whole pounds! Hey Tim, guess how much a newborn baby weighs after about a month?

Post by Guest »

craychel813 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:07 am
It is a bit concerning that they've said nothing about, and seemingly haven't gone to, any baby classes. I could not get myself educated ENOUGH before my baby girl's arrival.

The other random thing I've noticed is Tim complaining about the "heavy" camera set up he currently has with the gimble thing....10 whole pounds! Hey Tim, guess how much a newborn baby weighs after about a month?
This. this. and more this. PLUS coupled with the fact that they've been noticeably pointing out (or at least did repeatedly a few months ago) how NOISY places are and that they didn't like them bc they were so NOISY (though the food was good, just not the best they've ever had ;) )

Boy -are they in for a shock. Even if the little guy isn't going to be overtly loud and rambunctious as he ages cuz he'll be likely growing up as an only child (I say this as an only child myself until I was 16 when my "surprise!" brother was born... you grow up a bit differently surrounded by adults all the time). They STILL will - I hope! - take him to do little kid things and those typically involve noisy, screaming, loud, and rambunctious environments!

Return to “TheTimTracker”