Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by lizzy »

I wasn't going to watch the video cause I find her fashion videos so inaccurate. She basically borrows clothes from a store, goes downstairs with her boyfriend to take a few photos and then returns the clothes. Not without getting the money of viewers that click her links.

I just took a quick look at the begining, skipped the second part when she starts to talk cause 5 minutes of Ashley rambling, no thanks.

Ok, who wears this for work. (Or even to leave the house). Even the people behind are thinking WTF!

And the title of the video "SIMPLE WORK OUTFITS FOR THE MODERN WOMAN" :D :D This reminds me to the titles of the cheap magazines article "outfits for the modern woman" :rofl: :rofl: I can't beleive this woman claims to own a 'fashion magazine'.

The other outfits:

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN didn't have time to change her PJs just grabbed her second hand Dior bag and left.

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN doesn't have to take the metro, cause she is like Andy from "The Devi'ls wears Prada" and a choffer picks her up.

Ok, yes. This is something I would wear. Minus the sandals. I normally run errands on lunch break, takes the metro, and I like to take the stairs whever I can. But MODERN WOMAN like Ashley finds more important to look Instagram-Good-Ready-For-Selfie

I understand is a 'fashion' video and that she has to push people to consumerism (cause she keeps forgetting "She have changed"). But her videos and Instagram feed are nothing new. Useless outfits that look pretty for an editorial or catwalk. But people in real life is more practical and now more than ever more concious about what to wear.

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 pm
I wasn't going to watch the video cause I find her fashion videos so inaccurate. She basically borrows clothes from a store, goes downstairs with her boyfriend to take a few photos and then returns the clothes. Not without getting the money of viewers that click her links.

I just took a quick look at the begining, skipped the second part when she starts to talk cause 5 minutes of Ashley rambling, no thanks.

Ok, who wears this for work. (Or even to leave the house). Even the people behind are thinking WTF!

And the title of the video "SIMPLE WORK OUTFITS FOR THE MODERN WOMAN" :D :D This reminds me to the titles of the cheap magazines article "outfits for the modern woman" :rofl: :rofl: I can't beleive this woman claims to own a 'fashion magazine'.

The other outfits:

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN didn't have time to change her PJs just grabbed her second hand Dior bag and left.

Looks like the MODERN WOMAN doesn't have to take the metro, cause she is like Andy from "The Devi'ls wears Prada" and a choffer picks her up.

Ok, yes. This is something I would wear. Minus the sandals. I normally run errands on lunch break, takes the metro, and I like to take the stairs whever I can. But MODERN WOMAN like Ashley finds more important to look Instagram-Good-Ready-For-Selfie

I understand is a 'fashion' video and that she has to push people to consumerism (cause she keeps forgetting "She have changed"). But her videos and Instagram feed are nothing new. Useless outfits that look pretty for an editorial or catwalk. But people in real life is more practical and now more than ever more concious about what to wear.
Funny but accurate recap of her video :)

I will give her credit for showing new brands and not just good old Zara. But that's only because it's sponsored.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

If you're thinking about watching her new vlog, I'll save you the time
-first 6 minutes, talks about her and ryan having "stressors" but didn't talk about anything, then re-explained why she named her mag 5th floor
-next 5 minutes cooking and sponsorship with some hello fresh type situation
-then they bitch about their neighbor who works out at home and says it doesn't matter what time of day they do it they don't want him to work out at home at all, even though Ash also admitted to doing that, and then Ry and Ash both called their neighbor out by name, cause they're just so classy
-next 2 minutes guess they finally found a gym, workout montage
-then go to multiple post offices and fix ryans phone and ash decides it's interesting to tell us about their phone plan and why they need to go to the apple store or something
-the title is "unrealistic expectations" so in the last 4 videos she talks about how her videos used to suck and it takes a lot of time to make videos and it sucks when she doesn't like them at the end
-they make dinner and bitch more about the neighbor and show their pipes rattling even though you can't see anything on camera and then she ends the vlog

I watched this on high speed and still almost fell asleep -______________________________-

stuff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by stuff »

So all she does is complain? Thanks for saving me the time to watch her garbage.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

bertinabox wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm
-first 6 minutes, talks about her and ryan having "stressors" but didn't talk about anything, then re-explained why she named her mag 5th floor
-then they bitch about their neighbor who works out at home and says it doesn't matter what time of day they do it they don't want him to work out at home at all, even though Ash also admitted to doing that, and then Ry and Ash both called their neighbor out by name, cause they're just so classy
-then go to multiple post offices and fix ryans phone and ash decides it's interesting to tell us about their phone plan and why they need to go to the apple store or something
-the title is "unrealistic expectations" so in the last 4 videos she talks about how her videos used to suck and it takes a lot of time to make videos and it sucks when she doesn't like them at the end
-they make dinner and bitch more about the neighbor and show their pipes rattling even though you can't see anything on camera and then she ends the vlog

I watched this on high speed and still almost fell asleep -______________________________-
Thank you, I just started to watch, but Im on minute 3-4 when she started to explain why the magazine is called fifth floor and I already feel I want to take a nap. So I came here to see if someone were so kind to review the video and avoid to waste my time.

I remember when I looked forward to Fridays to see her vlogs... now they are so depressing to watch that basically put me on a bad mood. Complains, complains, complains... I think is because Ashley's job is her magazine, and that magazine is so boring and pointless that document that is the perfect recipe for #fail.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

lizzy wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm
bertinabox wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Thank you, I just started to watch, but Im on minute 3-4 when she started to explain why the magazine is called fifth floor and I already feel I want to take a nap. So I came here to see if someone were so kind to review the video and avoid to waste my time.

I remember when I looked forward to Fridays to see her vlogs... now they are so depressing to watch that basically put me on a bad mood. Complains, complains, complains... I think is because Ashley's job is her magazine, and that magazine is so boring and pointless that document that is the perfect recipe for #fail.
Same!! I loved her vlogs cause they put me in that rainy/fall/winter/New York ish vibe and I didn't mind before that they were slow-paced, it was kind of nice. But yeah, at this point it's JUST complaining, the videos aren't really even aesthetic (the transitions are literally the best part of the whole vid), and they're not even talking about anything at this point? There's no BTS of fashion, nothing about cool new York life, and I get being a homebody bc I'm super introverted but honestly WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE VLOGS anymore?! I'm sad I lost another of my fave youtubers...I honestly don't know why she's trying to make this magazine happen so bad. Does she want to be an editor? Or work in fashion? Or a content creator? She makes all these random goals and I don't get what she's trying to do...

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

stuff wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm
So all she does is complain? Thanks for saving me the time to watch her garbage.
Pretty much tbh. Like I watch these things to escape my complaints and feel like i'm part of a new world for a while....her vlogs aint it anymore

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

I am very behind on these videos, but I just watched her "work" vlog and I'm FLOORED. She basically says she works a typical 8 hour day and only checks her email a few times during the day. That is not an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur essentially works 24/7 until their venture becomes highly successful, and they can outsource work and still turn a sizable profit.

Also, why, why, WHY are they "investing" as "venture capitalists"? They literally own a business that is not profitable, by their own admission. They need to be pitching for funding for that, NOT throwing their last dollars as some other company.

This woman needs to drop her deadbeat boyfriend and get a 9-5 office job.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

A lot of her stupid decisions re: work are Ryan's doing, and I think this is where she's going wrong- he has no idea what content her audience likes, and her videos are pulling about 40k views (if that!) on average. For the sake of their relationship and her career, he should just step back and do his own thing. Owning a business together is hard, especially when it is home based and you're engaged. If she wanted to succeed she should have been honest with herself from the beginning; it's not stupid to invest in other businesses, however you do need help of an actual venturer advisor with connections, not base your decisions on an article Ryan has read in the business section of New York Times. He has no qualifications to help her at this point, all he does it bring her down. If they actually acknowledged it, a lot of their problems would go away, especially the ones about content and failed growth.

Unrealistic expectations is a funny title to me- you literally do the bare minimum, and they bar is very low at this point. How is it unrealistic to produce content your audience actually asked you to do, without preaching about bs, and being passive aggressive with your attitude? Also, her work wear series should be moved to the comedy section- if I wore thigh high boots with a blazer to my (very liberal) workplace, I would probably be looking at a HR meeting at the end of the day. This girl has no idea what a real world is.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

I think his business is an absolute scam, and hers is going the same direction. She offers nothing these days. If I want to see someone complain, I have friends who are good for that.

How she still gets as many views as she does makes no sense.

reallybloggers---
Learner
Learner

Post by reallybloggers--- »

hey guys,
I watched ashley a couple of years ago when she funny and relatable, but got kind of turned off when they went vegan. As a nutritionist, i am very concerned with their eating habits. All the eat is heavily processed protein substitute, which we have no idea what it is doing to the body since we haven't had these things on the market. I also am very worried about their attitude towards food in general. They seem not to actually enjoy being vegan which is probably why the use so much fake meat. I know that she mention a couple videos that someone mention that her hormones might be off, and by just looking at their food choices and lifestyle, i can 100% speculate that her hormones are totally off and actually seeing a nutritionist would be very beneficial to her.
I also watched their "work" video, and i have some many questions. how does she call what she does work, it just a bunch of busy work. and the fact that she has an editor makes me laugh! her videos all look the same and if that took 8+ hours for her to edit than she must be editing out a lot of stuff she doesn't want us to see.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

A fall lookbook, with non fall outfits. She forgets it gets cold in the northeast.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

The fall lookbook was tragic. WOW THANKS Ashley, for the bright idea to wear a white shirt, jeans, and a cardigan! I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT! Also she barely included outerwear? There's cardigans/blazers but it's cold AF where I am already and some nice jackets/shoes/creative and cute ways to be warm would have been actually helpful. I feel like she's just so mentally checked out...

Also I scrolled through the comments on her fashion video and it was maybe a day after she posted it, and literally every comment had the word "love" in it OR a ton of heart emojis. It just makes me wonder what people are saying in the comments she's deleted, because even loyal fans might ask questions or make a suggestion but that's nowhere to be found. She also wrote like a paragraph response about why she doesn't wear her engagement ring when someone asked, and it just feels like she's constantly being so defensive. Like half her problems would disappear if she just stopped taking herself so seriously.

And to @reallybloggers--- you're so right about the nutrition thing. I'm vegetarian so I'm always down for new recipes and after seeing what they're eating it comes down to soy, soy, soy. That's what's in the majority of fake meat they eat and no that can't be good for hormones! I hate when people can't just eat veg/vegan meals without having a meat substitute? That's literally what the veggies are for?! It's just a pet peeve if you can't tell lol

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

pumpkinpie2 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 pm
I am very behind on these videos, but I just watched her "work" vlog and I'm FLOORED. She basically says she works a typical 8 hour day and only checks her email a few times during the day. That is not an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur essentially works 24/7 until their venture becomes highly successful, and they can outsource work and still turn a sizable profit.
Totally agree with this. I know her life can't be judged by her vlogs, but her activities couldn't be far from:
- Make online orders.
- Choose outfits to photographs.
- Going downstairs to take photograhs.
- Go to the office to bring the printer home / return to the office to take back the printer.
- Choose the photos for IG and the "magazine".
- Going to WholeFoods
- Cut her videos and send to Blade to edit.
- Write description to videos and click 'Upload'.
- Cook for Ryan.
- Read and reply emails.

That's probable a 5% of an entrepreneur would do.

I think she is not putting effort to any of her "projects". Ryan always puts her down and she always seems so low energy. She just want to stay under her blankets with her laptop. And of course watching Netflix. My God, I think I only have seen 2 series on Netflix on my life. I just have no time/desire to waste that much time on a series. I remember I saw one on Christmas time cause there was nothing better to do.

Ashley is very good on always "look busy". Bbut being busy doesn't mean being productive. And as a result her videos are getting more and more poor. All those complains seems because she is frustrated cause she is not clear what does she want.

I think the reason they are very lazy too is cause people stay pays $60 for that (scam) magazine. They don't need to make much effort. Ashley goes downstairs for maybe 1 hour to take a bunch of photographs. 1 photo goes to Instagram. Part of the footage goes to YouTube, and the rest of the photographs goes to the (scam) magazine.

This dynamic might pay their bills for an every year cheaper apartment but their combination of being so bad with money and lack of ambition are going to take them no where.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

dissolved wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 am
A lot of her stupid decisions re: work are Ryan's doing, and I think this is where she's going wrong- he has no idea what content her audience likes, and her videos are pulling about 40k views (if that!) on average. For the sake of their relationship and her career, he should just step back and do his own thing. Owning a business together is hard, especially when it is home based and you're engaged. If she wanted to succeed she should have been honest with herself from the beginning; it's not stupid to invest in other businesses, however you do need help of an actual venturer advisor with connections, not base your decisions on an article Ryan has read in the business section of New York Times. He has no qualifications to help her at this point, all he does it bring her down. If they actually acknowledged it, a lot of their problems would go away, especially the ones about content and failed growth.

Unrealistic expectations is a funny title to me- you literally do the bare minimum, and they bar is very low at this point. How is it unrealistic to produce content your audience actually asked you to do, without preaching about bs, and being passive aggressive with your attitude? Also, her work wear series should be moved to the comedy section- if I wore thigh high boots with a blazer to my (very liberal) workplace, I would probably be looking at a HR meeting at the end of the day. This girl has no idea what a real world is.
Agree. I hate when girls let their boyfriends take over their YouTube channels. You start to follow someone cause you like her content. And then their boyfriends appear on all videos and even vlog for them (InTheFrow was another girl that lost her channel for her now husband).

rooneymarie92
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by rooneymarie92 »

Haven’t watched their vlogs in so so long and randomly decided to..... are they really bribing their subscribers to use their home chef code by telling them they’ll give them $10 via amazon ? I have never heard of any YouTuber doing this ........

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

rooneymarie92 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:22 am
Haven’t watched their vlogs in so so long and randomly decided to..... are they really bribing their subscribers to use their home chef code by telling them they’ll give them $10 via amazon ? I have never heard of any YouTuber doing this ........
I wondered that too, I guess they're struggling right now.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

LOL is she kidding with the #spon #ad? She actually has a separate section (not sure if this is new, I never scrolled to read her captions), but she had a separate CODE freebie section- in the latest, she pushes 5 discounts codes:

Home Chef -
Tula -
W Concept -
Express -
Skillshare -

Whar a sellout. :roll: Can only imagine what "Fifth floor" looks like with easy money grab.

Babe_Vogue
Talker
Talker

Post by Babe_Vogue »

Following!

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

New hair vlog. She’s still boring and pathetic.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”