Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma "everything is going down" Hill Rant Thread #2

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

Just one last thing about Debs, this is the best she ever looked from the vids I watched. That type of makeup really suits her (darker lipstick). And that vertical wrinkle between her eyebrows lol just a quick trip to get it filled with botox or whatever they use haha it would make a huge difference!

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

Are you guys subscribed to Eva McMahon's youtube channel? She's a bit masculine looking but has a very good taste in fashion, and it's very diverse (unlike Emma's sense).

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

How come there is now a Mango vlog up?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm
Think that's the Sunday "fashion" video for this week... (her weekly vlogs are usually on Tues?weds?)
But if you meant that in a "Whaaaat, how is this consistent with her sustainability bs" way then I share the sentiment :rofl:

Having said that I did like the coats in the haul. Also at least she didn't once mention "sustainability" because let's face it, that would have attracted even more :roll:

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Squishypotato wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:35 am
faceface wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm
Think that's the Sunday "fashion" video for this week... (her weekly vlogs are usually on Tues?weds?)
But if you meant that in a "Whaaaat, how is this consistent with her sustainability bs" way then I share the sentiment :rofl:

Having said that I did like the coats in the haul. Also at least she didn't once mention "sustainability" because let's face it, that would have attracted even more :roll:
Well yes that: how on earth does that fit in with the whole sustainability spiel? Also: love how she said in the vlog that she hardly shops on the high street anymore with the exception of Mango. Just a few days ago she was prancing around in a H&M coat (a lovely coat btw but that is beside the point).

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

I wonder what's happened to her &other stories voucher deal as well (noticed she's still showing gifted items on IG but hasn't really done as much promoting of & other stories of late).
Interesting that of all the high st brands she chose Mango to continue working with and promoting, what makes them truly better than other fast fashion brands? (also Zara apparently has joined the reward style affiliate links program so that's a huge missed opportunity for her)

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

In her new video Emma said " if you are a minimalist like me" and I had to shut it off. Emma in no way are you a minimalist. Style wise maybe? I'm taking this out of context now bc I didn't hear the rest of her statement. But yes she likes plain boring clothes but it isn't minimalist at all. Bc a coat looks like a bathrobe and has no buttons doesn't mean it is minimalist.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Jfc.... this fool has the nerve to be on a “sustainability panel”??? (On IG stories)

Sointothis
Learner
Learner

Post by Sointothis »

Saw that she mentioned it last week and scoffed 🙄

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 am
Jfc.... this fool has the nerve to be on a “sustainability panel”??? (On IG stories)
Oh to be a fly on the wall at that panel! Although I'm sure everyone will just be fawning with no critical elements.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

drasticactions wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:24 am
Maybe I'm weird? Is it normal to redecorate so much? I don't mind changing paint colors, but then needing to re do everything else bc it doesn't go with the paint? Like that's crazy to me.
No you're normal, the YTers/influencers/whatever are weird. I agree with others saying it is because of pinterest trends but I also think it is because these people spend 90% of their time in their house, so I guess you get bored of your surrounding feeling the same much quicker. Kinda like when you go to the office on Friday morning and it's been a long week and you just think 'ugh, this place again'. Even though I love my job, some mornings I just hate opening the door and seeing the same bland walls and my desk.

I think it's so wasteful for them to keep painting and buying new furniture over and over. Decorate with pillows, curtains, carpets, etc! Rotate them, instead of throwing them out. I have lighter linens, pillows, etc and more vases in the spring/summer and in autumn/winter I get out more candle holders, earthy decorations and 'cozier' blankets. I keep these things stored away, sometimes I sell something on Facbeook and buy another thing to replace it. This keeps my home feeling fresh without it being wasteful.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

How does she not know the rules of Scrabble??????

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

So she went to Scotland and didn't vlog it? What's the point of vlogging every week if you aren't vlogging the different interesting things in your life?!

Also what is with everyone online wanting wall sconces!? I honestly hate them, they make me think of hotels or old houses that don't have proper overhead lighting. I'm glad she isn't getting them hardwired in at least bc they are a lot of work to remove.

And the f-ing pampas grass! Looks like ostrich feathers to me

AlexanderTeAmo
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexanderTeAmo »

She should fix her horrendous teeth first. She's like trashy "chic".

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I don't understand when people are into getting all this facial work done but won't fix their teeth! That's money well spent, makes it easier to floss and keep clean, better for your jaw health etc, just seems dumb to be all about appearances bit have wonky teeth

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Was the Scotland thing a press trip that she wasn't allowed to talk about but WAS able to show on IG stories? Because I too don't understand flying there and only staying for one night. Whatever it was, why not just be honest about it instead of brushing off something that could be potentially interesting to your viewers? And then they drove all the way to Oxford only to show us the inside of the AirBnB! Smh.

MoanyMinnie
Informer
Informer

Post by MoanyMinnie »

drasticactions wrote:I don't understand when people are into getting all this facial work done but won't fix their teeth! That's money well spent, makes it easier to floss and keep clean, better for your jaw health etc, just seems dumb to be all about appearances bit have wonky teeth
I agree so much! She’s spent 10 x over what it would have cost her to fix her teeth - just on bags and home decor!
She could have done her teeth years ago instead of all the same my designer bags!

I’m not an influencer and nor do I take many if any selfies but I had all my teeth fixed just 2 months ago, and it was MAJOR work, but now have completely straight white teeth and it’s like I’ve been given a new life! I don’t even have a high income - so she’s really god no excuse!

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Britons, please correct me, but I always assumed the English were notorious for bad teeth simply because people don't care as much about it over there. Honestly, I don't think her teeth aren't even that bad... I've seen WAY worse on the Great British Bake Off (to the point where I even wonder how they chew)! You can have crooked teeth and still maintain dental health. And the crookedness is mostly on the bottom, which is less visible. I guess I feel more sympathetic toward her in this regard because you can't help the teeth you're born with. I had bad teeth as a kid and had a lot of orthodontic work done, and I'm grateful I got it done then, too, because I'd be too self-conscious to have braces as an adult.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Emma did not make this list, but this is exactly my point when I mention Emma’s 180 to sustainability but still taking money from Mango and buying H&M, ZARA, Topshop, & Other Stories and Arket.
D86E52BB-9A44-43FE-8B3C-BC9F84D35E24.png
Also Aja Barber is a great resource if you’re interested in the intersection between fashion, race and sustainability.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

The coat vlog. And she is showing 20 coats. And I am sure she has even more than that.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”