KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Annam Ahmad

Post by KhaZa1216 »

shinydiscoballs wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 am
Who actually is her target audience anyway? Most people her age have left uni and are job hunting, and living within their means. She said her father is totally self made which is great but it's weird how he's okay with his daughter just spending her days shopping and spending excessively. People are dying around the world (kashmir for example) and Annams biggest dilemma in life is whether to get a pair of Gucci or YSL sandals.
I'm pretty sure her target audience are tweens. Girls between ages 12 and 18 who think wow this person is so mature and living the life and I want to be like that. I seriously doubt that her audience can afford Gucci or any designer things. She goes to Harrods on a daily basis, she eats out at really expensive places which really only someone who is working could afford to do and even then only maybe once or twice a month not every day in the week. She's been losing weight but apparently the way she's gone about it is by missing out on breakfast and having a small lunch and dinner or sometimes no dinner and she rarely goes to the gym. That's just bad crash dieting. Seeing as how she's he all day you'd think she could go to the gym for an hour during the week. Even her background in university is just s ok average. She apparently completes a geography/social degree. And her plan was to work for charities across the globe. Right. Okay. I honestly don't know how anyone can relate to her. Even her hair masks and skin care are too expensive for teenagers or even uni students to afford. I don't see the appeal. It's all very false.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by shinydiscoballs »

what does she actually do all day long? serious question

bengalibella
Debater
Debater

Post by bengalibella »

shinydiscoballs wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:22 am
what does she actually do all day long? serious question
F A

lol

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Trawl the internet to show people pictures of 'nice things' to buy.

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

shinydiscoballs wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 am
Trawl the internet to show people pictures of 'nice things' to buy.
Yeah pretty much. That's what she was going yesterday on her story.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

What's their father do for a living?

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

giffgaff wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:59 am
What's their father do for a living?
No idea. I think he exports from Pakistan and sells in the UK. They've got a home store in Pakistan too.
Her cousin Aleena is on Instagram non stop these days. I have no idea why I find them so annoying.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

She did say in a live once that her father is self made, and I get the impression he has different businesses. Apparantely he doesn’t mind just giving Annam an allowance and she said something along the lines of ‘why should I get a job if my dad works hard so that I don’t have to’. Weirdest logic.

He’s clearly doing well for himself though. Which makes it somewhat strange that he’s okay with his daughter doing nothing productive with her life.

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lavieenrose »

I don't mind her vlogs unless they are those holiday vlogs bc then her and her cousins are extra obnoxious. She has a bland personality.

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

It's so weird, it's like I can't help myself watching her change. Like first her hijab turned into a turban then just a dupatta. Then it comes off. Then she starts showing her ankles and calfs, then these v neck tops. And now her tops are getting lower in the neckline. She's actually so boring but I can't seem to help myself like wth???
I mean okay her clothing and dress sense is changing but her personality is still so BLAND and DULL. Her cousin on the other hand is just so ANNOYING. 🤦

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Agree! Her dress sense is slowly getting more and more revealing and I don't know how her parents, especially her mother whom I get the impression is quite religious herself, are okay with it.

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lavieenrose »

shinydiscoballs wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:40 am
Agree! Her dress sense is slowly getting more and more revealing and I don't know how her parents, especially her mother whom I get the impression is quite religious herself, are okay with it.
Ya and she keeps linking clothes that are "modest" but have a low neckline. I guess she still wants to capitalize on the modest hijabi market :?

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

Tbh I don't think the families are all that religious. I know their parents (annams and aleenas) wear hijab but they comment on both Annam and aleenas photos saying mashallah looking great etc. And not just the normal everyday clothes pics, I mean the pics where you can see their arms or they're wearing a low neckline or even "sexy" type poses. I listened in on one of Aleenas live Instagram's once and her mum was in the back talking too and they were discussing how Pakistani culture is so backwards and someone asked are they arai and aleena said yeah but f*** caste stuff and her mum was agreeing with her. I don't know about anyone else (maybe I'm from an old fashioned family I don't know) but if I swore in front of my mum she'd be like language 🧐 not to mention they just come across as coconuts.
And yeah all the clothes Annam links are not modest fashion at all. She linked a black shirt and I clicked on it to check it out and it was completely see through. The dresses she links all have really low necklines. "Modest" is subjective I suppose. Guess that's annams definition of it.

Post by Guest »

I haven’t really seen them post pics with “sexy poses”. But if they annoy you so much why do you look at their instagrams/watch their lives/even go to the extent of reading comments under their posts? Doesn’t really make sense lol.

Tbh I agree the caste thing shouldn’t matter because in Islam it teaches us not to look at things like ‘tribes’ etc. when choosing a spouse so aleena and her mum are right in that sense.

Post by Guest »

KhaZa1216 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:38 am
Yeah her stuff is the same thing repeated. I had a bad response from her on Instagram so I find her act very false.
What did she say to you? Do you have screenshots? I’ve always found her to be quite friendly in the DMs and comments :|

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

Khad_ijah wrote:
KhaZadelete216 wrote:
Yeah her stuff is the same thing repeated. I had a bad response from her on Instagram so I find her act very false.
What did she say to you? Do you have screenshots? I’ve always found her to be quite friendly in the DMs and comments :|

No I don't have screenshots. I commented on one of her pics about the New Zealand Christchurch situation and asked what her take was on it. It was a simple question and I wasn't rude at all. She screenshotted my reply and put it on her instastory with a comment saying how she finds people like me asking these kind of questions horrible, who just assume things about her that she is uncaring and out of touch and that I was the type of person who wants to cause division. Now she could've just replied to me directly on my comment but she didn't. Another person saw her instastory, replied to my comment on her pic and tagged her telling her that her response was ridiculous, she was twisting what I said and making me a potential target for her followers. Her instastory was then deleted, she deleted my comment and she banned the other person who replied to her. I know because the girl messaged me.
And if you think those poses they do aren't sexy then guess that's what you think.

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

Khad_ijah wrote: I haven’t really seen them post pics with “sexy poses”. But if they annoy you so much why do you look at their instagrams/watch their lives/even go to the extent of reading comments under their posts? Doesn’t really make sense lol.

Tbh I agree the caste thing shouldn’t matter because in Islam it teaches us not to look at things like ‘tribes’ etc. when choosing a spouse so aleena and her mum are right in that sense.
I don't follow her anymore. I used to follow her on both Instagram and youtube but after the way she reacted to my comment I unfollowed her on both platforms. Sometimes her pics come up on my Instagram feed and her Vids on my YouTube feed. Truth is, I should be grateful because all that little incident did was show me that Instagram is all fake and that the people who are "influencers" only use their platform for their own gain. They don't influence people to any good. They don't use their platform to speak about the situations which go on around the world. As "influencers" I find that part of it to be especially false. If you like following her then that's fine. You maybe have had a better interaction with her, I don't know. Or maybe you find her relatable in some way. Different strokes for different folks.

KhaZa1216
Learner
Learner

Post by KhaZa1216 »

Here's a screenshot of the comment of the girl who was blocked by annam and who replied to her instastory about my comment. I don't have a screenshot of my comment because it was deleted. So this person was blocked just for voicing her opinion on annams reaction to my comment. If you want to follow people like that then that's up to you. Personally, I found it very kind of that girl (who I don't even know btw) to stick up for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

KhaZa1216 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:11 am
Here's a screenshot of the comment of the girl who was blocked by annam and who replied to her instastory about my comment. I don't have a screenshot of my comment because it was deleted. So this person was blocked just for voicing her opinion on annams reaction to my comment. If you want to follow people like that then that's up to you. Personally, I found it very kind of that girl (who I don't even know btw) to stick up for me.
Oh yes I remember this happening, to be honest I think it’s fair for her to block people being negative on her profile, and with regards to posting about Christchurch or any other event - it’s her account and she’s free to post or not post whatever she wants. If you wanted to advise her then you should have done it in private? I’m sorry if I’m preaching but I don’t believe in publicly embarrassing someone - if you felt she was doing something wrong then writing a comment for hundreds of thousands of followers to see isn’t the right way to do it. My question to you is why do you still look at her posts or watch her videos and even watch her cousins videos if you don’t find them entertaining? It just doesn’t make sense to me, if they annoy you then you shouldn’t look at their profiles and read through their comments and watch their lives - clearly it affects you in some type of way for you to come on here and make assumptions about their lives. In all honesty, they seem really down to earth and lovely and classy - the bond with their whole family is refreshing to see and they seem very open minded which you don’t see in a lot of Pakistani families. I pray for happiness for both you and them - and I’ll advise you to stop looking at their content if it’s going to cause you to have negative thoughts and make you feel the need to come on here and rant. Trust me sister, you have so many more things you could be doing with your time than this. May Allah guide you to the right path.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

KhaZadelete216 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:24 am
Khad_ijah wrote:
KhaZadelete216 wrote:

No I don't have screenshots. I commented on one of her pics about the New Zealand Christchurch situation and asked what her take was on it. It was a simple question and I wasn't rude at all. She screenshotted my reply and put it on her instastory with a comment saying how she finds people like me asking these kind of questions horrible, who just assume things about her that she is uncaring and out of touch and that I was the type of person who wants to cause division. Now she could've just replied to me directly on my comment but she didn't. Another person saw her instastory, replied to my comment on her pic and tagged her telling her that her response was ridiculous, she was twisting what I said and making me a potential target for her followers. Her instastory was then deleted, she deleted my comment and she banned the other person who replied to her. I know because the girl messaged me.
And if you think those poses they do aren't sexy then guess that's what you think.
Can't believe she reacted so badly after being asked a simple question and the fact that she left your username up to receive abuse is irresponsible on her part. Good thing you don't follow her anymore.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”