Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

stuff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by stuff »

That’s the name of her new scam? How lame. It doesn’t say anything about anything.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

lizzy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:51 am
cocobear1010 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm
Also, what’s the magazine’s new name?? I actually liked “Life by Her”. Why change it? Change isn’t always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forgot to reply this question. The new name of the "magazine" is "Fifth Floor" and she changed it cause she was loosing the motivation and inspiration and then she decided was time to move. She moved to an apartment on the fifth floor and now her motivation and inspiration are back!. :roll: :roll: :roll:
LMAO that's awful, it doesn't have anything to do with style or even lifestyle?! To whoever said she was a narcissist you might be spot on haha

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

bertinabox wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:23 am
lizzy wrote:
cocobear1010 wrote:
Also, what’s the magazine’s new name?? I actually liked “Life by Her”. Why change it? Change isn’t always good.

Forgot to reply this question. The new name of the "magazine" is "Fifth Floor" and she changed it cause she was loosing the motivation and inspiration and then she decided was time to move. She moved to an apartment on the fifth floor and now her motivation and inspiration are back!. :roll: :roll: :roll:
LMAO that's awful, it doesn't have anything to do with style or even lifestyle?! To whoever said she was a narcissist you might be spot on haha
I know, to me it sounds like an architecture & interior design company. I wonder if she would change the name when she moves apartment again (as they move every single year).

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

lizzy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am
bertinabox wrote:
lizzy wrote:
cocobear1010 wrote:

I know, to me it sounds like an architecture & interior design company. I wonder if she would change the name when she moves apartment again (as they move every single year).
You're so right on that! It would be a really cute/clever name for a company that stages apartments for realtors/sellers. But for fashion?? No...

Also I made a long post here and then it got deleted or never posted but in regards to her last vlog (the work week one) I realized what was bugging me about their roles...I get that they need to make decisions and actively cultivate their brand, which is fine. But then they were hiring an art director which was a little strange, but it could make sense to not have to use the CEO / Founder's (Ash obvi) time to edit graphics or work on photoshop. She's fashion/lifestyle, not a graphic designer, so that makes sense. But I think what bugs me is how they spend large amounts of time doing small things? like they BOTH went to the office to get boxes / the printer or whatever they were doing with that...and then the next day she had to make like 7 trips to the post office for all her poshmark stuff? It's like why don't you just hire a personal assistant instead of spending large amounts of your time doing things that ANYONE could do? Like ryan films and takes her pics and helps her edit them, she has / had Blade to edit her videos, her fashion game is so off lately and she didn't even go to fashion week? I do think she does a decent amount of work on her own with emails and brands and all that but it just seems strange to outsource all the creative parts of your job and then do the busy work???

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

bertinabox wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am
lizzy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am
bertinabox wrote:
lizzy wrote:
cocobear1010 wrote:

You're so right on that! It would be a really cute/clever name for a company that stages apartments for realtors/sellers. But for fashion?? No...

Also I made a long post here and then it got deleted or never posted but in regards to her last vlog (the work week one) I realized what was bugging me about their roles...I get that they need to make decisions and actively cultivate their brand, which is fine. But then they were hiring an art director which was a little strange, but it could make sense to not have to use the CEO / Founder's (Ash obvi) time to edit graphics or work on photoshop. She's fashion/lifestyle, not a graphic designer, so that makes sense. But I think what bugs me is how they spend large amounts of time doing small things? like they BOTH went to the office to get boxes / the printer or whatever they were doing with that...and then the next day she had to make like 7 trips to the post office for all her poshmark stuff? It's like why don't you just hire a personal assistant instead of spending large amounts of your time doing things that ANYONE could do? Like ryan films and takes her pics and helps her edit them, she has / had Blade to edit her videos, her fashion game is so off lately and she didn't even go to fashion week? I do think she does a decent amount of work on her own with emails and brands and all that but it just seems strange to outsource all the creative parts of your job and then do the busy work???
Agree. I think Ashley spends too much time on the wrong activities. I remember she used to make a PDF on the outfits she wore on a video. And you had to enter your email to download teh PDF. Who does that?. First, I think ask your email to download information that you can give for free... and second, why not just enter the details on the description box.

Remember last year meeting (I think was last year), Ashley and Jena baking cupcakes or cookies for everyone. And they spend long time decorating. I mean...

I think Ashley is the kind of person that always seems is busy and seems is working, but in fast is wasting time. She could be more productive.

And she seems to disconnected of her products. Like her videos are all Blade. If it wasn't for him, the videos won't have anything special. For the "magazine" she has a group of 8 people, 8!!! (excluding her and Ryan), and for her Facebook Group she has 5 moderators!! I wonder where is she on all that?. She seems to be the one that just care to get the money.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

She just uploaded a new video. I haven’t finished it, but two people say it’s clickbait so it probably is. Title sounds like it.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I skipped through the new video, classic clickbait title, and towards the end there is Ashley saying:

"I really don't care if you guys think this is clickbait, but... and yada yada yada, here on the rant she does. If you have to justify it and waste your time explaining that you do not care because a b and c, then you do care, don't you see this?

They are leaving for Texas for two months, November & December, possibly January; justifying this because of the wedding stuff and how they have to fly for Thanksgiving and then Christmas so it is easier. Didn't bother them all the previous years! Anyway, my guess is, they are testing the waters for possible Texas move in the future, and seeing how that affects her videos and so on. Here goes my hope for her vlogmas- it's going to be family filled, so miss me out with this sh*t. Also, something funny: Ryan has posted that they are coming as well on his private Facebook, and they're asking friends for apartments and car recommendations. Hmm... Trying not to break a bank? :D

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

"If you complain about clickbait titles, I don't want you to watch my videos anyways"... says the woman who claims she loves getting feedback.

Ashley, if you're reading this: I've been watching your videos for more than two years now, I've really been rooting for you. But it's comments like this one and your growing bitterness and passive-aggressiveness, especially towards your viewers, that are really throwing me and a lot of others off. Maybe think about that.

Re Fifth Floor: I think she's charging way too much for this magazine. It's a product of some cheap interns who work remotely. I can buy real fashion magazines done by real editors and directors who cover trends and styling advice as well for way less.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

One of the commenters reported Ashley to YouTube for spam and clickbait. Her response: “Snitches get stitches.” Pretty lame. This woman is so narcissistic and now she’s really getting mean at anyone who makes a comment criticizing her.

Just title that you are moving for a few months, or an extended vacation, or something like that. Be honest instead with your viewers instead of using them for clicks and money. Her business must really be doing poorly at this point.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

stuff wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 am
One of the commenters reported Ashley to YouTube for spam and clickbait. Her response: “Snitches get stitches.” Pretty lame. This woman is so narcissistic and now she’s really getting mean at anyone who makes a comment criticizing her.

Just title that you are moving for a few months, or an extended vacation, or something like that. Be honest instead with your viewers instead of using them for clicks and money. Her business must really be doing poorly at this point.
It really pains me to see her try to be relatable and funny in this way- you're not 16, and as you have said so many times, your content is aimed at professional women in business. How in her right mind does she think this kind of banter is acceptable?

I'm really at loss with them at the moment- your audience isn't stupid Ashley, we know why you're using the clickbaity titles: to make more money. If so many people point out that it bothers them, change it. Following your own logic, if they want to watch your vlogs, they will regardless of your stupid titles that have nothing to do with reality. I'm gonna report the video for clickbait as well, maybe they will demonetise it. So many youtubers forget that they aren't doing us any favours- it is their job, and if they screw up, they should be held accountable. :roll:

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Yes! I agree with what everyone said here. I saw her upload, didn't care but then was brought in by the clickbait. Scrolled down to the comments and figured out what was going on and then didn't watch the video.

I think like what you've all said here, she's just losing respect for her audience! Like we didn't sign on to watch a 16 year old on a prank channel, why are you treating us like we're suddenly all trolls?! And honestly just adding a clickbait title does NOTHING for actual YouTube statistics. All it does is help you get clicks, but unless your watch time is high (how long people stay before they click out) then YT won't push your video to new viewers.

Literally all she's accomplishing is pissing off her dedicated subscribers...and she's pissed at getting feedback that she could SO EASILY change?? What's the point? It's not like people are even giving her shit about all her life decisions, we just don't want to feel patronized!?

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Agree on everything regarding 'clickbait' titles.

On another note, have you noticed Ashley is back to play the innocent-girl on camera? I remember to watch this on an early stage of her channel. When they made more vlogs and Ryan constantly shamed her on camera. I didn't like that on Ryan and I think I unsubscribed back then because of that.

Now I see that annoying dynamic back on the latest vlogs. But Ashley seems to like it. Ashley likes to play the fragile, inocent, helpless little girl role to Ryan. I read the comments on videos and people find Ashley's atittude "so cute". I wonder how they find that cute.

Ashley: "Oh I've wanted to eat spaguetti for 2 days".
Ryan: "No, we can't eat pasta cause is no leg day (then no carbs allowed)".

Ryan *broke something, and blames Ashley*
Ryan: "is your fault in multiple ways"
Ashley: *easily gets disctracted and changes the subject*

Ryan: "Don't eat that, is not chocolate. Is plastic".
Ashley:

Ryan: "Is 58 degrees outside and we have the aircon on"
Ashley:

I can't see that "strong woman" that Ashley tries to promote. On the vlogs (which seems closer to how they are in real life) I see Ashley as a dumb girl and Ryan as an agressive guy.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Do you guys think she deletes negative comments? Literally every single one of them is praising her and usually when that happens people are deleting negative ones or comments where people ask too many questions they don't wanna answer. Have any of you guys had your comment deleted on her channel?

Post by Guest »

marchfav wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 am
"If you complain about clickbait titles, I don't want you to watch my videos anyways"... says the woman who claims she loves getting feedback.

Ashley, if you're reading this: I've been watching your videos for more than two years now, I've really been rooting for you. But it's comments like this one and your growing bitterness and passive-aggressiveness, especially towards your viewers, that are really throwing me and a lot of others off. Maybe think about that.

Re Fifth Floor: I think she's charging way too much for this magazine. It's a product of some cheap interns who work remotely. I can buy real fashion magazines done by real editors and directors who cover trends and styling advice as well for way less.
Passive aggressive is a great word to describe the tone of the most recent vlog.

I found it interesting the way she talked about how she knew she was going to loose subscribers if she changed the magazine but how she didn't care. I truly have a sense that she is loosing people at a drastic amount. She made a comment about how people originally subscribed to the magazine to get advice and info about current trends. The way she spoke about her original subscribers was incredibly rude. It was as if the originals are "those people" and Ashley is "enlightened" to change her magazine because, as she keeps saying "I've grown and I'm changing".

And the whole "community" thing is honestly extinguishing.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

I’ve had my comments deleted. Anything critical of her she removes.

aishpabo
Debater
Debater

Post by aishpabo »

Ashley and Ryan are the type of ppl to say they're founders/CEO but really have no idea how to grow their business and be productive of their time. No wonder they're doing all click bait materials as they need to pay all their outsourced employees. There's no clear vision for her magazine/cult community.

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 am
Agree on everything regarding 'clickbait' titles.

On another note, have you noticed Ashley is back to play the innocent-girl on camera? I remember to watch this on an early stage of her channel. When they made more vlogs and Ryan constantly shamed her on camera. I didn't like that on Ryan and I think I unsubscribed back then because of that.

Now I see that annoying dynamic back on the latest vlogs. But Ashley seems to like it. Ashley likes to play the fragile, inocent, helpless little girl role to Ryan. I read the comments on videos and people find Ashley's atittude "so cute". I wonder how they find that cute.

Ashley: "Oh I've wanted to eat spaguetti for 2 days".
Ryan: "No, we can't eat pasta cause is no leg day (then no carbs allowed)".

Ryan *broke something, and blames Ashley*
Ryan: "is your fault in multiple ways"
Ashley: *easily gets disctracted and changes the subject*

Ryan: "Don't eat that, is not chocolate. Is plastic".
Ashley:

Ryan: "Is 58 degrees outside and we have the aircon on"
Ashley:

I can't see that "strong woman" that Ashley tries to promote. On the vlogs (which seems closer to how they are in real life) I see Ashley as a dumb girl and Ryan as an agressive guy.
You're right! When she's talking to the camera alone she always emphasizes how independent and professional she is, but when she's with him, she loves to play the clueless girl.

She also mentioned in the vlog that Blake is still working for her. Did she read here and felt that she needed to clarify?
:roll:

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

The description of the 'SHARING MY RESULTS' vlog (which was originally called 'MY BODY SCAN RESULTS').

Have you ever flipped through the latest Cosmo or Vogue and thought "I wish this was more practical" or "I wish I had a link to this item"?

Hmm, nope. Cosmo or Vogue are not AVON catalogues. Catalogues and these kind of online magazine with links to buy stuff with one click, leads to unconscious purchases hence consumerism. I thought you were on the route to not support consumerism anymore.

Which is why I created the Fifth Floor magazine, an online digital magazine with 50+ pages of fashion, beauty, health, and lifestyle topics. Each page has shopping links, inspiration photos, and is practical for the everyday woman.

You could also just keep your YouTube channel, people gets the content for FREE and they would click links if are interested to buy. You don't need to charge $60 dollars for something that the everyday woman gets for FREE.

It goes straight to your inbox at the first of each month.

So it does FREE newsletters from many bloggers.

You can also download our app to make it more convenient and on the go!

So people can run to send you the 20 cents you get on clicking a link?

Oh yes, cause in case you don't know Ashley adds a disclaimer on her videos

It comes with an exclusive Facebook community with thousands of other bad ass women from all over the world. Come join the fam!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I would have said this was writting by one of the new young amateur interns, but I saw Ashley was writting this descrition all by herself on the latest vlog.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

New style video: more office wear! Not that she knows anything about that.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

I know lmao I saw the intro and I was like um sorry I can't just wear a blazer and boots to work I need to wear PANTS to the OFFICE like MOST PEOPLE.

She tried to 'disclaim' it later in the video by being like "I used to work in fashion and I would totally wear this to work!"

I mean I don't work in fashion, but it's also fall and about to be super cold in NY? I live somewhere where we already had our first snowfall so yeah....I'mma wear pants, thanks.

What were your guys' thoughts?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”