DissociaDID

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
mantitties420
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DissociaDID

Post by mantitties420 »

I found a youtuber called dissociaDID and not a single comment on her channel is talking about how this is very obviously fake. Like the worst acting I have ever seen. She claims to have dissociative identity disorder (DID) which means that she has multiple personalities.

I actually find some of the things she says pretty shocking, particularly when she says OH I'M BLACK and goes on to talk about her being a mixed native american person inside, when she is white and this is all obviously fake. It is so uncomfortable to me that she is exploiting a mental illness for views. I am also shocked that people are really believing this. I would recommend watching the whole thing as it is unbelievably cringey, if you can't be arsed to watch the whole thing, some of the most cringe parts of the 'meet the girls' video are:
14:33-15:40
17:09-18:05
30:33-31:40

mantitties420
Lurker
Lurker

Re: DissociaDID

Post by mantitties420 »

Oh and the most cringe part of the second video is 4:13-4:50 where she is pretending to be a socially anxious 40 year old balding anorexic Asian man.

Vermilion
Learner
Learner

Post by Vermilion »

I happened upon her a while ago after she collaborated with Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, and my feelings were very mixed.

On the one hand, I think she seems really sweet and she really does seem to have suffered a lot.

On the other hand, there are a few things that bother me! Firstly, it is as you say really icky the whole "I'm a Native American" thing. I think that even if your mental illness tells you that you are mixed race, you need to realise that, as someone who is in all senses white, it is not okay to claim that identity.

I don't want to make any claims about the legitimacy of her DID, and I take it in good faith that she does have the disorder she claims to. However, I also think that, as DID is a very serious mental illness, it shouldn't be glorified in the sense that she does. She should really be getting treatment to help reduce the activity and presence of alters, not turning it into a game!

mantitties420
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mantitties420 »

Vermilion wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm
I happened upon her a while ago after she collaborated with Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, and my feelings were very mixed.

On the one hand, I think she seems really sweet and she really does seem to have suffered a lot.

On the other hand, there are a few things that bother me! Firstly, it is as you say really icky the whole "I'm a Native American" thing. I think that even if your mental illness tells you that you are mixed race, you need to realise that, as someone who is in all senses white, it is not okay to claim that identity.

I don't want to make any claims about the legitimacy of her DID, and I take it in good faith that she does have the disorder she claims to. However, I also think that, as DID is a very serious mental illness, it shouldn't be glorified in the sense that she does. She should really be getting treatment to help reduce the activity and presence of alters, not turning it into a game!
Fuck, I just wrote out a whole reply and it disappeared again :'(

I do hear what you're saying about questioning the legitimacy of people's illnesses, I was worried about opening up this discussion because I don't want people to think I'm the sort of person who goes around judging people in regards to mental health. I'm very open minded, possibly too much at times and it has got me in trouble, however when I see blatant acting I can't bear to be quiet about it - if you see where I'm coming from. This just makes me so uncomfortable, I really don't like mental health conditions being exploited because people think they're cool or different or will get a reaction. I have watched multiple other DID related channels and interviews, some of the stories are definitely more far fetched than others, but I have always had the reaction of "who am I to say". But with this one, I just cannot be convinced even 1% that this isn't acting.

I would probably be able to move on from this if others were acknowledging this, but not a single person in her comments is (I wonder if she constantly monitors and deletes?) I think some of the things she says are genuinely offensive and not okay. Even if we say she does have DID, Chloe is the one who monitors and uploads, and surely it would be wise for her to remove the uncomfortable moments regarding race. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable and I don't think we should shy away from talking about this.

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

A lot of the stuff she mentions about her experience directly contradicts the accepted clinical criteria for DID. The whole thing is exceedingly weird.

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

I can't edit that post now, but I also noticed how many of her alters she described as being tall, thin, long-haired, and generally VERY attractive. Much more conventionally 'beautiful' than her actual physical appearance. Which again, put up my suspicion hackles.

DID is supposed to have a lot of amnesia between different states, and it seems like Chloe is fully aware the whole time. I'm not a psychiatrist and I'm not saying I can diagnose her, but it doesn't fit with the description of the disorder she claims to have.

Also she lives in my city, not seen her yet but feel sure from some driving shots she's only a few miles away. Is that better or worse than living round the corner from BrummyMummyof2 in my previous town?

Vermilion
Learner
Learner

Post by Vermilion »

mantitties420 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am

I do hear what you're saying about questioning the legitimacy of people's illnesses, I was worried about opening up this discussion because I don't want people to think I'm the sort of person who goes around judging people in regards to mental health. I'm very open minded, possibly too much at times and it has got me in trouble, however when I see blatant acting I can't bear to be quiet about it - if you see where I'm coming from. This just makes me so uncomfortable, I really don't like mental health conditions being exploited because people think they're cool or different or will get a reaction. I have watched multiple other DID related channels and interviews, some of the stories are definitely more far fetched than others, but I have always had the reaction of "who am I to say". But with this one, I just cannot be convinced even 1% that this isn't acting.

I would probably be able to move on from this if others were acknowledging this, but not a single person in her comments is (I wonder if she constantly monitors and deletes?) I think some of the things she says are genuinely offensive and not okay. Even if we say she does have DID, Chloe is the one who monitors and uploads, and surely it would be wise for her to remove the uncomfortable moments regarding race. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable and I don't think we should shy away from talking about this.
Hey, I totally hear what you're saying and I'm sorry if I miscommunicated! I just meant that I personally didn't want to comment on the legitimacy of her condition because I'm not an expert.

And yeah, the race stuff really is inexcusable regardless of what is causing it. Mental illness doesn't mean she can't take accountability, and she should know that -- especially, as you say, when she's editing.
YellowLadybird wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 am
I can't edit that post now, but I also noticed how many of her alters she described as being tall, thin, long-haired, and generally VERY attractive. Much more conventionally 'beautiful' than her actual physical appearance. Which again, put up my suspicion hackles.
That's pretty sad, really. She's obviously a very troubled person and I don't think this channel is helping her.

Post by Guest »

my issues with chloe:
1_notice how most of her videos have the word 'switch' on title or on the thumbnail? she's window shopping her illness for views, instead of having a educational approach like she used to have on her first videos. to see her switching does not educate or defy stereotypes on DID.
2_i'm not so sure she really has DID. on her unboxing videos, no matter how much times she switches, her alters keep doing the same things in a constant flow. were they co-conscious all the time, and why they instantly understand what to do?
3_the omega video. it felt so stripted. first, chloe switches into omega, who is a very quiet, cautelous, and seems the most traumatized and sensitive alter. omega keeps umboxing the gifts, even shows the gifts to the camera just like chloe was doing. the subtitle says 'memory holder', what satisfaction does a memory holder has in making those videos? she was visibly uncomfortable yet she kept doing it, why? and then omega opens a gift that contains graphic and violent images. what a coincidence that the most sensitive alter was the one that opened that gift... it was one of unboxing videos, can't remember the title.

as for the alters with different ethnicities: if she really has DID, her illness and her trauma does not know what is racial sensitivities or cultural appropiation. when she switches to a 'native american' alter, this alter really thinks she/he is native american. i once met a person with DID who has a british alter [with accent and all] and a japanese alter, and she is latina.

elllaxo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by elllaxo »

I find her “partner system” team piñata to be 10x more obviously fake than Chloe. Their videos of them at Disney world were incredibly cringe worthy with the age sliding and what not. It seems like team piñata just puts on a different voice and claims to be a certain alter, and if the voice/accent starts to fade they just claim another alter is “close”. Like wtf? Lol

I do feel bad for them as they have obviously suffered like previous comments have said but it just feels wrong and really inauthentic.

Buzz22
Talker
Talker

Post by Buzz22 »

elllaxo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 pm
I find her “partner system” team piñata to be 10x more obviously fake than Chloe. Their videos of them at Disney world were incredibly cringe worthy with the age sliding and what not. It seems like team piñata just puts on a different voice and claims to be a certain alter, and if the voice/accent starts to fade they just claim another alter is “close”. Like wtf? Lol

I do feel bad for them as they have obviously suffered like previous comments have said but it just feels wrong and really inauthentic.
I'm not sure if i can figure out how to post a link at some point. I'll try. But I basically read so where else that her partner system pinata don't have DID. Nan has facticious disorder (previously munchausens syndrome I believe).
The reason nan was kicked out of the friends house when they moved to missouri was because of this. One of the 'alters' tried it on with someone and chloe found out and hot pissed off then this alter miraculously integrated and the problem was solved.
The person that wrote this is an ex friends of nans. The one they accused of some sort of sexual assault. But he says their mutual friend in missouri has DID and nan basically tries to learn how to be DID from others eg chloe. How true this is I don't know but Ive always got a weird vibe from nan. I'm inclined to believe its more likely to be facticious disorder than DID.

Chloe I used to think was alright. However she seems to think she's very special and highly intelligent when actually she seems to say things wrong a fair bit.
It does come across as acting and far too many switch caught on cameras not for me to think she's genuine.

I also hate the fact thatost certainly pinata have some kind of go fund me link in the description asking people to fund their long distance relationship with chloe. Madness.

The other 'system' on YouTube that is total bullshit is the entropy system. All her alters are characters from shows or films she likes? Her acting is terrible. I recommend you check it out just for how ridiculous her whole system story is.

I do think multiplicity and me are honest. The one or 2 switches of jess and her boys are very subtle.

elllaxo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by elllaxo »

Buzz22 wrote:
elllaxo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm not sure if i can figure out how to post a link at some point. I'll try. But I basically read so where else that her partner system pinata don't have DID. Nan has facticious disorder (previously munchausens syndrome I believe).
The reason nan was kicked out of the friends house when they moved to missouri was because of this. One of the 'alters' tried it on with someone and chloe found out and hot pissed off then this alter miraculously integrated and the problem was solved.
The person that wrote this is an ex friends of nans. The one they accused of some sort of sexual assault. But he says their mutual friend in missouri has DID and nan basically tries to learn how to be DID from others eg chloe. How true this is I don't know but Ive always got a weird vibe from nan. I'm inclined to believe its more likely to be facticious disorder than DID.

Chloe I used to think was alright. However she seems to think she's very special and highly intelligent when actually she seems to say things wrong a fair bit.
It does come across as acting and far too many switch caught on cameras not for me to think she's genuine.

I also hate the fact thatost certainly pinata have some kind of go fund me link in the description asking people to fund their long distance relationship with chloe. Madness.

The other 'system' on YouTube that is total bullshit is the entropy system. All her alters are characters from shows or films she likes? Her acting is terrible. I recommend you check it out just for how ridiculous her whole system story is.

I do think multiplicity and me are honest. The one or 2 switches of jess and her boys are very subtle.
I completely agree with just about everything you said! I also found those comments on reddit from Nan’s ex friend or whatever. Very interesting to say the least!

I think Multiplicity and Me is the only legit one as well. They have such distinct personalities, accents, behaviour, etc. I find all the others just throw on an accent and if it starts to fade or they mess it up they just blink a few times and “switch”. I have no doubt that they all have many issues and I find that really sad but it seems like a complete cash grab. I’ll have to check out the entropy system for a laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf_mentaltubers
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wtf_mentaltubers »

Omg this made me take a HUGE sigh of relief that i’m not alone!!! :love2:

I have so much i want to say and and should say l, but there’s sooo much I have no clue where to start. knowing me, I need to sleep on it before anyway. And so much to say I have no clue where to start. Also I am frankly little scared of her pack.

I will say finding her only 2 days after being diagnosed with what i thought was a made up disorder was the worst thing for me. Yes, she’s informative in the beginning and so learned a lot those few months i was there trying to keep above water that i couldn’t handle all the BS, stopped donating, and gave up, and helped myself. looking back I feel like an idiot. I am thankful for the info and now that I have the same books/worksheets she has (or i assume she has because it’s almost word for word in some videos), i’ll stick to figuring it out.

man, that sounds so bitter :rofl:

wtf_mentaltubers
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wtf_mentaltubers »

mantitties420 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am
Vermilion wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

She does delete all negative comments from her YouTube, IG, and the rest of her SM. She has came out and said it even, and I think she posted it firmly on her Tumblr even. But not all of those comments are threatening, because 7 of mine got deleted in Feb-March because I was uncomfortable with something, didn’t agree on another, called her out because I was offended (I got yelled at by 4 people because my comment triggered her yet it didn’t matter if I was), and a few for not using proper terminology (yet prior to my diagnosis I had no clue this was a real disorder and that i’d have it, so I don’t know the terminology).

I makes me so uncomfortable also and it has except for that first month. And I know disscoaitve Identity disorder is different/looks different for everyone but what I am going through and what I am experiencing nothing like that and the majority of the other ones.

ummmm, I guess I am more worked up then I thought! lol! sorry for the ramble

Buzz22
Talker
Talker

Post by Buzz22 »

So Chloe and Nina intergrated...
How convenient suddenly after Nans 'alters' intergrate. Chloes do too.
Also did anyone watch the BPD video she did with Nan? I am diagnosed with BPD do couldn't bring myself to watch what those 2 gad to say... But....
When chloe was on instagram going on and on about her intergration she said how strong ninas emotions are. I asked her if Nina had BPD. She didnt answer my question but a few stories later she announced to het instagram nina had BPD. Did she mention this in her BPD video with Nan? I have never heard her day any of her 'alters' have BPD till 5 minutes after i mentioned it to her. Maybe she spoke about it in her bpd video but i got the impression that the reason she did it with Nan is because Nan is diagnosed with BPD.
Again seems very convenient she spoke about it to evryone right after i asked her.

Also! Did you see her kick off on instagram after she announced her intergration? She basically told people 2 of her 'alters' intergrated and asked people to guess who. Then some people asked her why she was making it a game. That it was a serious thing for some people and shes there basically begging for attention. Then when she got called out about it she started posting loads about how it was serious and she just wanted to know if anyone noticed it coming. Well ask people that question then Chloe. Everyone was right you were literally making it a game asking your followers to guess who...

Buzz22
Talker
Talker

Post by Buzz22 »

Replying to myself here but i checked the BPD video and Chloe does not mention that her 'alter' Nina has BPD. She says the reason she has Nan on is because she has BPD. So theres my proof that chloe decied to just diagnose 'Nina' with BPD after i mentioned it.

Also attempting to add screenshots of her tantrum over the guess eho integrated situation and yhe sudden BPD diagnosis...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JodieAshley
Stalker
Stalker

Post by JodieAshley »

I first came across DissociaDID after being diagnosed with DID myself and doing research online afterwards,
I was surprised by all the positivity she was getting in the comments. it seems like there is not a single person critical of her.
I Always felt like she was not only sensationalizing DID but also overdramatized many of the classic DID symptoms.
Just like the switching...I dont know.. it just didn´t feel genuine.
Also all her Alters seems to be personality wise very two dimensional, they lack depth and do not feel seperate from Chloe, more like a different mood state than anything. I also noticed how all of them seem to have a different sexuality/race than Chloe herself. Combining all of this..They feel too...thought out to me. I honestly felt like I was faking myself because I am not like any of these DID youtubers having 20 alters all with different sexualities and genders(all my ´´alters´´ are the same gender as me really) that switch and take over my life 40 times a day, even though I am proffesionally diagnosed. even if she does have DID I think she grossly over reacts the severity or even makes up some of those alters. I feel horrible saying that about someone but she just doesnt feel genuine, I lose respect for anyone that has multiple videos ´´SWITCHING CAUGHT ON CAMERA´´
also the meet the alters. introducing one alter `´spacing off, looking confused and of course the ´´switching now´´ caption´´ whoop. different alter present. it seems very movie like. which is ironic since she has spoken out about the misportrayal of did all the time which IMO she is activitly contributing to.

mantitties420
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mantitties420 »

So, I tried to stay away but I went back today. And I notice all the comments on how different she looks as Nin her integrated self, especially her eyes.

Which I thought was funny, as when I opened the video I instantly thought "oh nice contacts". They look like these solotica hidrocor lenses that are super natural and I am desperate to try.

For some reason all these comments made me a bit annoyed, because it seems like people think that her new alter just magically has different eyes because that's what happens when you have DID or something... I feel like it's furthering the idea that seems to be kinda prevalent on her channel, like DID is some cool magical mystery thing when it's actually a serious psychological disorder.

So I wrote a comment saying that it was just contacts and her face and body are obviously just the same. But then she replied to my surprise, and said they were her natural eyes!

I've seen her eyes in ring lights and the sun... They just don't seem to have ever looked like this so far. What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mantitties420
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mantitties420 »

It's actually super hard to see in a screenshot but if you watch a snippet of her new livestream as Nin, then look at other videos or photos of her in the eyes in the light, there's definitely a difference and it doesn't just seem to be the ring light.

Nosferatwogurl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nosferatwogurl »

I've been lurking this thread and GG as a whole. I'm actually extremely interested in what others think of Chloe. I stumbled upon her YouTube in my suggested. I completely believe in DID as a disorder but with Chloe.. I think there just has to be some element of lie in what she posts. I also agree I found it highly suspicious that she seemed to integrate after the Pinata system also "integrated..." Which I also found suspicious. I avoid making any hot takes because obviously mental illness is a sensitive subject and I would hate to invalidate those who do truly have DID.

lunaofhowlite
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lunaofhowlite »

mantitties420 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:19 am
It's actually super hard to see in a screenshot but if you watch a snippet of her new livestream as Nin, then look at other videos or photos of her in the eyes in the light, there's definitely a difference and it doesn't just seem to be the ring light.
it’s honestly probably just where the ring light is bringing out all the details and shades in her eyes? obviously in a photo where there’s isn’t bright lighting the eye colour and detailing will look different because it’s darker.

Return to “A-M”