David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 38)

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 38)

Post by Teacup30 »

Ohh nooo David!

:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

as-bj93
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by as-bj93 »

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

I think with Scott it's a conbination of what everyone has said. He sometimes doesn't get invited, when he does he doesn't want to go, he lives far away, he wants to live closer, he wants to keep Kristen happy and stay where they are, he doesn't like to drive (but is in a position where he has to), he wants to concentrate on music, he wants to see his friends, he wants to be happier, he wants to do more, he lets his own mind stop him.

I think it's a combination of all of the above and more that Scott is in this position. I feel for him I really do.
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

Dlm0407
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dlm0407 »

Teacup30 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:57 am
Ohh nooo David!

Saw that coming. I have 60 plants in my house, so I'm not exactly a beginner, and even I won't even mess with those things.
Mieux vaut la niaiserie du divertissement que la folie du narcissisme.

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by wild_in_our_way »

FilofaxK wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:12 am
I think with Scott it's a conbination of what everyone has said. He sometimes doesn't get invited, when he does he doesn't want to go, he lives far away, he wants to live closer, he wants to keep Kristen happy and stay where they are, he doesn't like to drive (but is in a position where he has to), he wants to concentrate on music, he wants to see his friends, he wants to be happier, he wants to do more, he lets his own mind stop him.

I think it's a combination of all of the above and more that Scott is in this position. I feel for him I really do.
Exactly. He wants. He wants. He wants. He lives in perpetual FOMO but doesn’t do anything about it. He’s a grown ass man. You can’t live the hermit life willingly and then complain you’re not out in the community while you snuggle in your sheets. It’s a choice. Heath lives very far away and still makes an effort. David has an open door policy, I mean damn even fans walk straight through his front door. If Scott really wanted it, he would have it.

Edit to add: Yes, mental health issues are important. And they should be addressed. So if he’s not getting the help needed to overcome, perhaps that’s the first step. But it shouldn’t be for others to internalize. The blame is not on everyone else.
This is supposed to be fucking fun.

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

wild_in_our_way wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 am
FilofaxK wrote:

Exactly. He wants. He wants. He wants. He lives in perpetual FOMO but doesn’t do anything about it. He’s a grown ass man. You can’t live the hermit life willingly and then complain you’re not out in the community while you snuggle in your sheets. It’s a choice. Heath lives very far away and still makes an effort. David has an open door policy, I mean damn even fans walk straight through his front door. If Scott really wanted it, he would have it.

Edit to add: Yes, mental health issues are important. And they should be addressed. So if he’s not getting the help needed to overcome, perhaps that’s the first step. But it shouldn’t be for others to internalize. The blame is not on everyone else.
I truly did not mean the blame is on anyone else. And as you say, you need to want to help yourself. I'm a firm believer that your own mind is your own worst enemy and I think Scott is a prime example of it. I feel for Scott, but I also know nothing will change unless he wants to change it.
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

alphaB13 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:00 am
artshaderoom wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:03 am
alphaB13 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Teacup30 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm

lol that would be pretty awful to read. But... Scotty's got alcohol addiction issues and thats got to be hard on Kristen too. Who knows what their relationship is really like behind the scenes.

Scott needs his friends badly. Does he live a fair distance from them? Is it rehearsals that keeps him too busy?
Scott 100% needs to be around his support system, yes I get dry ass, boring ass Kristen wanting her boyfriend all to herself. But at what cost? Scott was so much happier when he could be around his friends often. Let's look at Carly for an example, if Carly(post-breakup) was at the far away apt she shared with Erin we wouldn't see this wonderful rockstar she has become. For some reason this huge friend group thrives being around each other, all of them are their best(sometimes messy) selves with their friends.
Yeah I worry about Scott. His views are really not good. I know he doesn't want to be dependent on David, and he doesn't have to be, but his vlog content is boring when his day-to-day is boring. He needs to show up to things so he can get footage. David never cared when he used footage of them hanging out, and he could deliver good hang-out content if he was just around people we like to watch. I can only take so much Kristen and band people we don't know. He's hemorrhaging money into his music, and it seems like everyone who was with SwipeUp has pulled out at least partially. Dom D and Heath both have a few items of merch at swipeup and then bigger (better) stuff over at fanjoy.

He has such big ambitions and that's super great, but I think he went too hard, too fast. And moving away separately was not good for him personally, professionally, or emotionally.
The thing is scott didn't choose to be distant from his friends. He said multiple times he doesn't get invited to group activities and sees everything through their ig stories lol. If you're really concerned about him you should hold david accountable for not including him in group activities. just saying!
Yes he did. He chose to move far away because he wanted a bigger space and his gf wanted to be in their own space (bad career move for both of them tbh). He could live closer if he was willing to live in a smaller space. Or he could just make the drive like Heath does often. He freaking paid part of the deposit at Jason's place because he planned to be there all the time and isn't. He never goes over to David's and we know he is in the group text. David has said again and again (as others have stated here) that they do invite him, and Scott has stated that he often declines. He needs a therapist, and if he has one already, he needs to fire them and get a new one.
Yeah, I think a lot of it boils down to his mental health that I’m fairly certain he’s only been treating through self medicating with alcohol for awhile now. The reality is that he could commute to “work” like Heath and millions of people do, and it’s likely he’d be doing similar things with a shorter commute. The problem is that no one can make him socialize and no one can make him go commit to therapy.

And, honestly, he’s probably missed out on things later at night because he’s gone home to drink himself to sleep. He’s depressed and spent years drinking a shocking amount of alcohol and he’s talked about anxiety in crowds. No shit he’s skipping out on things. I sincerely doubt it’s mean old Kirsten not letting him do things. She’s probably not all that helpful and in over her head but he’d be doing this on his own. Scott’s issues really have to be put on him instead of how others are failing him. It’s him and it’s sad.

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FilofaxK wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 am
wild_in_our_way wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 am
FilofaxK wrote:

I truly did not mean the blame is on anyone else. And as you say, you need to want to help yourself. I'm a firm believer that your own mind is your own worst enemy and I think Scott is a prime example of it. I feel for Scott, but I also know nothing will change unless he wants to change it.
Oh I know you didn’t. The rest of my comment was just me commenting overall on the situation, not towards your comment.

I really do hope Scott finds some kind of balance because what he’s doing now, obviously isn’t working. Tour is coming up so at least that’ll keep him engaged and socializing.

Sssaat
Learner
Learner

Post by Sssaat »

Who do you guys think will win the people chioce awards?

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

I just love them so much

sasche15
Debater
Debater

Post by sasche15 »

Since things are a little quiet on here today.... head on over to tumblr because people are going off on that girl over Zane and Heath lol

idk who the girl is but she has a problem with everything anyone in the Vlog Squad does, unless of course it's CANDE (spelled it like that on purpose cause she doesn't like it (yes, i'm that petty))
Last edited by sasche15 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It blows my mind that Jason and Nick Lachey are the same age. Wtf. My teenybopper heart cannot comprehend. I think David has cemented the whole “Jason is old” thing in my brain by saying it so often that I forget he’s really not. :lol:

Another_day
Learner
Learner

Post by Another_day »

Some of you have too much time on your hands and it shows

sasche15
Debater
Debater

Post by sasche15 »

Another_day wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm
Some of you have too much time on your hands and it shows
lol looks like a majority of your posts have been on the David Dobrik/Vlog Squad forum.... so did you just recently get some free time on your hands to start posting in here again, or???

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

sasche15 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:49 am
Since things are a little quiet on here today.... head on over to tumblr because people are going off on that girl over Zane and Heath lol

idk who the girl is but she has a problem with everything anyone in the Vlog Squad does, unless of course it's CANDE (spelled it like that on purpose cause she doesn't like it (yes, i'm that petty))
Where on tumblr?
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

FreshSalt
Talker
Talker

Post by FreshSalt »

I‘m so fucking blown away by how they‘re just casually friends with Zedd now.

?! when did that happen. Guess it‘s due to Dillon Francis. But fucking Zedd.

Edit: Zedd has a post with birthday pics and there‘s Jared Leto and The Chainsmokers and there‘s DAVID AND CORINNA.

i‘m not able to handle this
#TeamIanFromSeatGeek (sorry Dima) :love2:

globestick
Learner
Learner

Post by globestick »

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

If you guys could remove someone from the vlog squad who would it be? I personally find Nick “Jonah” extremely annoying.

globestick
Learner
Learner

Post by globestick »

YouslessTube wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:45 pm
If you guys could remove someone from the vlog squad who would it be? I personally find Nick “Jonah” extremely annoying.
The Antonyan's for being painfully unfunny or the Borderline Sex Offender dom

sasche15
Debater
Debater

Post by sasche15 »

Mosie926 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:44 pm
sasche15 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:49 am

Where on tumblr?
My bad! The “davidsvlogs” keeping up with the vlog squad account

Return to “David Dobrik”