angelfire117
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane Part 2

Post by angelfire117 »

Lori1985 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 am
I think I already bitched about this in here but she actually admitted a few weeks ago that she WILL NOT make youtube videos unless they're sponsored. That still irks me. She could at least lie about it like Tati does.

And can you just imagine her waddling her big ass into these beauty stores and begging them for free products to make videos on? And them just looking at her like she's a nutcase?
I haven’t watched any of her recent video but has she said what she’ll do for money otherwise? Like you said, I can’t imagine she’s all that attractive to sponsors (in a business sense) since she has a fairly small following. Yes she has 350k subs but only gets like 1500 views a day, over all of her videos. Social blade predicts she’s marking less than $0.50 a day, and they’re usually a high end estimate. Also, who would trust her now that she’s said every single video will be sponsored or it won’t happen.

Mikey can’t be making enough money to fully sustain them being a janitor. It’s been said before but they definitely need more income or to move out of the city. That’s just such a tiny place for two very large people to spend the rest of their lives.

Lori1985
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lori1985 »

I don't know what they are doing. She sells a lot of her used stuff and is still making sponsored videos for things that have nothing to do with her channel. And she doesn't even give them unique titles. Her last clothing sale video had the same title as 10 other people. I wonder if that was part of the contract to name it that? Had to be, they all can't be that lazy.
What she needs to do is invest in some shitty cheap makeup like ELF, Colourpop etc... and do hauls, reviews, and tutorials on the cheap stuff. Those are the highest viewed videos and she won't go broke buying the stuff. I don't understand why she doesn't just do what built her channel to be what it once was. She can do a second channel for her other 'creative' crap like that Kristie chick does.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I agree, there's plenty of more affordable makeup she could be making videos about. She could easily get on the ColourPop PR list - they have plenty of people with less of a following than she has. Problem is, she doesn't ever make makeup vids anymore so these companies are probably like "why bother with her?" They want people that are making constant makeup content.

Poptart80
Debater
Debater

Post by Poptart80 »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:40 pm
I agree, there's plenty of more affordable makeup she could be making videos about. She could easily get on the ColourPop PR list - they have plenty of people with less of a following than she has. Problem is, she doesn't ever make makeup vids anymore so these companies are probably like "why bother with her?" They want people that are making constant makeup content.
She would’ve done amazing tutorials with Colour Pop back in the early days of her channel but now she’d just do some lazy swatches and a rambly review. It’s too bad. I’d actually tune in if she did a serious take on their palette.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

They release a new palette like every other week. Their palettes are like $12-$15. She could have done a series on her channel where she reviews each one when it comes out, but she doesn't want to do any reviews unless she gets the shit for free? Definitely not the way to be when it comes to reviewing shit lmao.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

"I deserve a little something since i havent bought any makeup!" Buys 2 lisa Eldridge lipsticks. Proceeds to justify the hell out her purchase.

Me:*checking her social blade stats* okie, dokie. Hope the came out of your "Experience Jar"...

Seriously, Cora, your awkward kissie twitches on close ups freak me out. It looks like you have a tic.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Also....Image

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

It says on her patreon blurb that she's going back to school in the fall. I think this is a good thing, but I wonder what she's planning on studying. Hopefully she's realizing that YT isn't going to work out in the long run the way she's been doing it.

Poptart80
Debater
Debater

Post by Poptart80 »

When your Patreon banner says “I’ll send nudes” instead of “I do makeup.” Yikes. Also, why would anyone donate to see a manic video about Thread Up or whatever sponsored nonsense she’s shilling this week?

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

Did she photoshop out her nip in that photo? It looks unusual.

Also her standard pledge is $10/month. That is out of touch with reality unless she is sending nudes.

Hot Goss
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Hot Goss »

That drugstore concealer was boring as hell. They all looked like calamine lotion on her skin, all of them were way to pink. The close up of her skin was not treat, and she stretched that video out by talking too much and spending so much time rubbing those concealers into her face. No girl, no.

Poptart80
Debater
Debater

Post by Poptart80 »

I see she changed the banner on her Patreon and is up to a whopping $27 a month with 3 whole patrons. Wonder if she realizes her chance at relevance is long gone.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

She's literally just reposting her videos on patreon as she publishes them.

...and does weird sloppy makeup looks.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

So, she's realised that she needs to go back to doing beauty tutorials? ....She'll make her mind up. I am NOT paying $27 a month to watch someone do make up tutorials when I can see millions of them online for FREE! Besides which, I'm paying the equivalent of $22 a month for youtube premium.

She says she feels 'unappreciated' on youtube .....maybe because people subscribed to you for your make up tutorials Cora and all viewers got in return were plus sized clothing videos......

When you factor in all the costs for monthly entertainment in addition to youtube premium - like Netflix and amazon prime ....it starts to become costly. Cora is out of touch with reality
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

It's very sad that Cora is blaming other people instead of looking inward. I stopped watching her regularly years ago when it became obvious that her interest in improving her health was not sincere. She has a lot of potential but she never follows through. If she's unhappy with the amount of money she makes off of YouTube, she can get a job!
Ten years from now she and Mikey will probably still be in that small apartment putting their spare change in a piggy bank as their only real form of 'savings.'

Poptart80
Debater
Debater

Post by Poptart80 »

PrePackingPrep wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 am
It's very sad that Cora is blaming other people instead of looking inward. I stopped watching her regularly years ago when it became obvious that her interest in improving her health was not sincere. She has a lot of potential but she never follows through. If she's unhappy with the amount of money she makes off of YouTube, she can get a job!
Ten years from now she and Mikey will probably still be in that small apartment putting their spare change in a piggy bank as their only real form of 'savings.'
What killed her channel for me was the gofundme for her mom’s final expenses followed immediately by a haul and a trip to New York. I didn’t donate to the gofundme but I found her timing and reaction to the backlash to be embarrassing. Plus she seemed to stop putting in effort towards her channel. She was one of the OGs but stayed in the early 2000s mindset instead of stepping up her game. She’d be justified in calling YouTube a career if she appeared to actually be working at improving her skills in either makeup or filming.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

What soured her for me was the GoFundMe as well. She snuck it in there and didnt address it openly right away. Instead, she went to New York, which is fine out of context but it was very out of character for her to even leave California and it looked so bad. Has she left California since? No? Now it looks REALLY bad.

That and her husband posting a picture of him in his underwear to talk body positivity AT WORK IN A CLOSET. Like wtf dude....

And of course her drifting from relatable (to me) makeup tutorials to fashion hauls.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Anyone see her fit fab fun box or whatever? She was "home shopping channel cora" in that video. So over the top about how everything is soooo cute, smells sooooo good, feels sooooo soft, etc. Just pure cheese...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Poptart80
Debater
Debater

Post by Poptart80 »

Fab fit fun? Does she not see how totally unworthy of a Patreon subscription that kind of content is? Ugh.

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

WTF was that hair tutorial?? And why the hell did she need to show us 2 min worth of sped up footage of her drying her hair with a fan while listening to an obnoxiously loud podcast voice that she could have edited over with background music that didn't make me want to stab my ears? Also she probably could've had better results if she wrapped her hair in the organic cotton tampons that the video was sponsored by. Would've at least been a slightly more interesting video to watch.

Return to “U-Z”