Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: THE DOLAN TWINS (Part 2)

Post by zabs123 »

vitocheee wrote:
zabs123 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 pm
I didn’t know whether to cringe or laugh but the video was pretty hilarious. Ethan was so sweet to his mom and brother and Grayson had his moments.

They’re really worried about uploading their videos aren’t they Image

Also it was nice to hear their cameraman talk and join in. It made it more realistic and personal in a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ethan was so incredibly sweet during this whole video!! I feel like he's really changed over the past few years. Some of the things he said were genuinely hilarious & he didn't seem over the top or like he was faking.

Grayson though..... The boy gave me so much second hand embarrassment that I probably won't ever watch the vid again, there was just too much cringe for me to handle. Idk what his deal is lately but it's super unappealing
I had to skip some of Graysons parts and what is with the dancing and the voice!

I feel like he was trying to be the crazy twin this time but it just made the video feel like an overreaction.
ballys404 wrote:ok random question but bow long are you incoherent for after a surgery like that? I've had my breathing fixed under GA and my partner said i was incoherently repeating the same questions for about 20 minutes (I don't remember any of this) then I instantly became aware or conscious of what I was doing and was on my feet 20 minutes later, I just don't know whether people just play up how out of it they are for entertainment factor but I'm just super confused how people can be blacked out incoherent for as long as they are.
I did feel like they were conscious in some parts and knew what they were saying. They knew they had to film a crazy after surgery video and judging by how Grayson acted it was a overreaction and acting up for content.
When I had my wisdom tooth removed I was nowhere near as out of it as them and tbh I just wanted to sleep and pet my dog. Being delirious is a side effect but does start to wear off after a short while.

ballys404
Talker
Talker

Post by ballys404 »

ballys404 wrote:ok random question but bow long are you incoherent for after a surgery like that? I've had my breathing fixed under GA and my partner said i was incoherently repeating the same questions for about 20 minutes (I don't remember any of this) then I instantly became aware or conscious of what I was doing and was on my feet 20 minutes later, I just don't know whether people just play up how out of it they are for entertainment factor but I'm just super confused how people can be blacked out incoherent for as long as they are.
I did feel like they were conscious in some parts and knew what they were saying. They knew they had to film a crazy after surgery video and judging by how Grayson acted it was a overreaction and acting up for content.
When I had my wisdom tooth removed I was nowhere near as out of it as them and tbh I just wanted to sleep and pet my dog. Being delirious is a side effect but does start to wear off after a short while.

same this is why I'm so confused as to why they're so dumb loopy for so long, I'm certain ethan would have been coherent by the time grayson came out of surgery, I'd also like to think they haven't been high or at least drunk before so they're almost experiencing a placebo effect where they think they're fucked up but they're just fine and are just acting stupid for no reason.
Like I literally remember becoming coherent and just being totally fine, having regular conversations with people, like you I was just tired and wanted to lay in bed and watch TV.

Spice1
Learner
Learner

Post by Spice1 »

Seeing Ethan with his mom was actually really nice to watch! He was such a loving brother aswell. Idk what happened to Grayson or what they gave him but I cringed. I wish they filmed more videos with their family because I really like to see their bond with them. I would’ve liked to see Grayson and his dad more because I feel like they had a closer bond and Ethan has a closer bond to his mom. That’s the last I want to see of them in surgery, well last I want to see of Grayson. Ethan was actually funny.

Grandexxx15
Debater
Debater

Post by Grandexxx15 »

It’s seems like they went on a family trip Image
[[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/229F8CK0dopFrPrteK/giphy.gif[/img]

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

ChibiAngel wrote:I really hope Tues video is them being separated for 2 days. I wanna know what happened?

They separated before for about a week so why did it suddenly get worse?
There has to be more to that video than just spending 2 days apart. It doesn’t make sense with the timing, the sisters birthday, Ethan’s mental rut and Grayson building a wooden ethan.

It does make me think that when Ethan was spending the day at Emma’s and sleeping over at her place did he still go and visit Grayson everyday seeing as though they can’t spend a day or two apart?

It may just be a youtube twin thing because recently the Martinez twins separated for a 2 days and they ‘never wanted to be separated ever again ‘ and said they ‘couldn’t live life without each other’

Urbanwrecks
Learner
Learner

Post by Urbanwrecks »

zabs123 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:15 am
ChibiAngel wrote:I really hope Tues video is them being separated for 2 days. I wanna know what happened?

They separated before for about a week so why did it suddenly get worse?
There has to be more to that video than just spending 2 days apart. It doesn’t make sense with the timing, the sisters birthday, Ethan’s mental rut and Grayson building a wooden ethan.

It does make me think that when Ethan was spending the day at Emma’s and sleeping over at her place did he still go and visit Grayson everyday seeing as though they can’t spend a day or two apart?

It may just be a youtube twin thing because recently the Martinez twins separated for a 2 days and they ‘never wanted to be separated ever again ‘ and said they ‘couldn’t live life without each other’

I can imagine Grayson getting jealous when Ethan wasn’t around but Grayson can’t say much when Olivia O’Brien said he wouldn’t talk to Ethan and ignore him because he was so in love.

Speaking of Martinez twins does anyone believe they actually copied the twins logo? Also the Bell twins definitely copied the twins from the video format to the thumbnail and title. Guess the twins do have influence within the youtube twin community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

tbf Cody Ko's logo also looks a lot like the DT's. i dont even know who came first, but maybe neon is just a popular choice these days lol.

Spice1
Learner
Learner

Post by Spice1 »

This popped up on my ig explore page. Apparently there’s been no bloopers or discount codes. Can’t believe the twins are literally scamming their fans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

I understand I am way above the target demographic, but man there fanbase can be annoying af on twitter. Ethan seems so down lately, I hope he's ok.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

Spice1 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:39 am
This popped up on my ig explore page. Apparently there’s been no bloopers or discount codes. Can’t believe the twins are literally scamming their fans.
That's so odd that they wouldnt even address it. It's obvious they have an editor now, how hard would it be to make a blooper video weekly?

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

MsAudrey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm
I understand I am way above the target demographic, but man there fanbase can be annoying af on twitter. Ethan seems so down lately, I hope he's ok.
They paraded Ethma to their fans when it suited them. Reap what you sow.

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

Cheesey wrote:
MsAudrey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm
They paraded Ethma to their fans when it suited them. Reap what you sow.
Exactly! Whilst some tweets don’t warrant the constant spam of Emma (such as his mental rut tweet) they should expect this type of reaction from fans. Ethan’s tweet about his perfume smelling like everything he loves in this world is a classic example of how he manipulated fans by using ethma to generate sales.

However I do feel sorry for Emma and Ethan’s next bf/gf! I really hope they aren’t constantly compared and reminded of ethma.

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

Spice1 wrote:This popped up on my ig explore page. Apparently there’s been no bloopers or discount codes. Can’t believe the twins are literally scamming their fans.
The twins need to address this. They really haven’t thought through this whole channel membership and didn’t seem committed to it from the start. They should give fans a refund for this month atleast.

Post by Guest »

I feel bad.
- They haven't been posing on channel members
- They seem super co dependant and seem to only be spending time with family
- The fact that they teased Ethma all the time is biting only Ethan in the arse, while Emma seems to be happy and everyone's basically saying 'Fuck You' to Ethan
- Their videos suck tbh
- Most of their fanbase seem to be convinced that they'll leave Youtube by the end of the year
Spending time with family is not a bad thing, especially because they live in a different state then LA, but it is a bad thing when they seem to not be hanging out with Bryan or Emma or anyone else anymore and can't seem to spend 48 hours apart.

I understand wanting privacy, but they're public figures who document their lives for a living. I think that if they were upfront about what was going on and said 'me and Emma are going out, but we still want to keep it pretty lowkey guys' or 'we're going through some stuff right now, there won't be any channel member videos because we aren't feeling good enough to do them' then their fans would respect them more. Like instead of replying to their tweets about their lives being shitty right now with pictures of Emma saying 'shouldn't have stopped stanning!' They'd probably be writing messages of support which would make them feel way better
I'm so sorry if this made 0 sense, I'm tired and have a lot of thoughts.

Spice1
Learner
Learner

Post by Spice1 »

applejuice wrote: I feel bad.
- The fact that they teased Ethma all the time is biting only Ethan in the arse, while Emma seems to be happy and everyone's basically saying 'Fuck You' to Ethan
- Their videos suck tbh
- Most of their fanbase seem to be convinced that they'll leave Youtube by the end of the year
Spending time with family is not a bad thing, especially because they live in a different state then LA, but it is a bad thing when they seem to not be hanging out with Bryan or Emma or anyone else anymore and can't seem to spend 48 hours apart.

I understand wanting privacy, but they're public figures who document their lives for a living. I think that if they were upfront about what was going on and said 'me and Emma are going out, but we still want to keep it pretty lowkey guys' or 'we're going through some stuff right now, there won't be any channel member videos because we aren't feeling good enough to do them' then their fans would respect them more. Like instead of replying to their tweets about their lives being shitty right now with pictures of Emma saying 'shouldn't have stopped stanning!' They'd probably be writing messages of support which would make them feel way better
Your right. everything around them seems to be falling apart but they’re living in their own bubble and can’t seem to see the issues or it’s as if they’re turning a blind eye.

It seems as though they’re struggling mentally and don’t know what they’re doing or how to navigate. I don’t even think they want to quit youtube but more so they don’t know where to go from here. I wonder if they think what life would be like if they weren’t famous. I could so see Grayson opening a gym or being a personal trainer or even open his own construction company and Ethan maybe into sports although he doesn't seem to have many hobbies. I don’t think they’re really cut out for this social media life anymore and they’re just burnt out. Grayson did such a good job with directing the music video so it’s clear they have talents. Maybe it’s time for them to put them to use and broaden their work opportunities outside youtube.

Post by Guest »

Spicedelete wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm
applejuice wrote: I feel bad.
- Their videos suck tbh

Your right. everything around them seems to be falling apart but they’re living in their own bubble and can’t seem to see the issues or it’s as if they’re turning a blind eye.

It seems as though they’re struggling mentally and don’t know what they’re doing or how to navigate. I don’t even think they want to quit youtube but more so they don’t know where to go from here. I wonder if they think what life would be like if they weren’t famous. I could so see Grayson opening a gym or being a personal trainer or even open his own construction company and Ethan maybe into sports although he doesn't seem to have many hobbies. I don’t think they’re really cut out for this social media life anymore and they’re just burnt out. Grayson did such a good job with directing the music video so it’s clear they have talents. Maybe it’s time for them to put them to use and broaden their work opportunities outside youtube.
Yeah, when they were talking to the psychic twins, they seemed like they knew Youtube wasn't going to last forever and they had pretty cool ideas. Now they seem kind of clueless.

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

People are mad about them not posting anything for channel members in over three weeks (rightfully so), and the twins handled it the way they always do. They go on twitter and interact with a few fans for 5 minutes thinking it will make everything ok, and some people do fall for it. This happens EVERY TIME stans are mad about something. Last time it was everyone being upset over the twins never interacting with them unless they have something to promote, and the same thing happened - Grayson went on twitter and replied to some fans and liked some tweets to appease them. Guess it was Ethan’s turn this time because he replied to a few fans last night then dipped again. But they still don’t address it and it’s not right. They’re literally scamming their fans. I think the channel member thing is kind of stupid in the first place, but at least people like Emma are actually delivering what they promised (and when she posts late she’s apologetic and actually addresses it).

The twins just seem lost to me at this point. Their videos are boring and lack any direction, and it seems they’ve lost all of their best friends. It truly baffles me how it seems both Emma and Bryant are out of their lives now when they were the two friends who were there for them most when their father passed away. I do understand the Emma thing because of the break up, but Bryant? He’s been their closest friend for years. It seems to me like they’ve pushed everyone out of their lives and only have each other and their family now, and they’re trying to pretend like they’re fine with it. They just don’t seem happy to me anymore

to-be-continued1
Talker
Talker

Post by to-be-continued1 »

inadream wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am
People are mad about them not posting anything for channel members in over three weeks (rightfully so), and the twins handled it the way they always do. They go on twitter and interact with a few fans for 5 minutes thinking it will make everything ok, and some people do fall for it. This happens EVERY TIME stans are mad about something. Last time it was everyone being upset over the twins never interacting with them unless they have something to promote, and the same thing happened - Grayson went on twitter and replied to some fans and liked some tweets to appease them. Guess it was Ethan’s turn this time because he replied to a few fans last night then dipped again. But they still don’t address it and it’s not right. They’re literally scamming their fans. I think the channel member thing is kind of stupid in the first place, but at least people like Emma are actually delivering what they promised (and when she posts late she’s apologetic and actually addresses it).

The twins just seem lost to me at this point. Their videos are boring and lack any direction, and it seems they’ve lost all of their best friends. It truly baffles me how it seems both Emma and Bryant are out of their lives now when they were the two friends who were there for them most when their father passed away. I do understand the Emma thing because of the break up, but Bryant? He’s been their closest friend for years. It seems to me like they’ve pushed everyone out of their lives and only have each other and their family now, and they’re trying to pretend like they’re fine with it. They just don’t seem happy to me anymore
I definitely agree with you about the channel member content issue and I can see your viewpoint on how the twins are lost. I do think they still talk to Emma and Bryant on the dl. I also suspect some drama happened between their relationships with both people but I don't think they've cut off contact completely. We all know the twins are super secretive and private when they want to be. It's like the time everyone was surprised to hear that the twins called James to check that he was OK during his scandal. The DT fandom focuses too much on the twins activity online but I'm like 100% sure at this point they just handle a lot of stuff -especially friendships or relationships- offline or out of our reach -dms and all that-. It's super annoying since dedicated fans are left in the dark but this is what the twins have been doing for a looong time now. Not sure why so many people are still infatuated with them considering their behavior. I guess big YouTuber fans die hard. :?

I think it's fine for them to be lost. Lots of young "celebrities" like them are lost in Hollywood. The money and fame really changes people and as much as I'd like to believe the twins are "humble" they aren't fully mature at all. Instead of the twins leaving YT by the end of the year I think they'll definitely announce a split into individual channels in the coming years. I hope for their sake they're both experiencing dating and developing real friendships/relationships -not just YT or insta friends- aka actually trying to live emotionally healthy lives. :|

Post by Guest »

I guess there's a reason there's no channel member videos. What 'extras' can they possible create? The bloopers sucked anyway and were clearly forced.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

They've peaked.

Return to “The Dolan Twins”