Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Iris1969

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by Iris1969 »

Isn't it time for a new thread for our Emma "everything is going down" Hill? ;-)

Post by Guest »

Iris1969 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am
Isn't it time for a new thread for our Emma "everything is going down" Hill? ;-)
Love it! :tu:

faceface
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by faceface »

I am a medical diet coach, working with people who have various illnesses including auto-immune disease, diabetes, Alzheimers, arthritis, IBS, insulin resistance, leaky Gut, you name it. And the first step to getting yourself in a healthier state (and this is prior to ANY type of testing or further elimination diets!) is to cut out ALL processed, sugary, inflammatory and high carbohydrate foods. And I mean everything. Dairy free Ben&Jerry's...has to go. Diets sodas ditto. So do all grains, pasta etc. Processed meats, anything soy related (soy is highly inflammatory), milk, skipp it all.

She will need to eat healthy unprocessed clean foods ONLY, for at least three months: vegetables, meats, fish, clean cheeses, healthy oils and fats, very minimal fruit (as fruit can cause many digestive issues). My own patients all work with me on a strict ketogenic diet and in reality that is what I would advise her too but 'knowing' her she will huff and puff about it so a more modified clean low carb diet for three months she can probably handle.

After that she can look into introducing certain products to see which ones cause issues. But again: processed foods are just not advised. I work with so many sick people and diet always beats medications. And to stay healthy you just have to make a conscious decision to stop eating crap (it will do wonders for her mental health too by the way, so many of my patients suffer from depression or anxiety and they feel so much better).

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Just spotted her IGTV with M&S. Did not like it one bit.

Silence_please
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Silence_please »

faceface wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 am
Hey,

I’ve sent you a private message, would be able to take a minute or two to check and reply. Thanks in advance xx

Post by Guest »

She has not uploaded any videos at all this past week... Have I missed something? Has she explained on insta why she's missed a whole week of content? :?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

2xblended wrote: She has not uploaded any videos at all this past week... Have I missed something? Has she explained on insta why she's missed a whole week of content? :?
This comment came up on YT..haven't seen anything on IG (I might have missed it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sassafras
Learner
Learner

Post by Sassafras »

faceface wrote:
I saw it pop up too - I also wasn’t a fan. I’ve got no issue with the partnership as I feel like she mentions M&S a lot so it’s a natural fit but... The styling/options she picked weren’t the nicest, and I don’t think the way it was shot flattered her either.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

faceface wrote:
Her hair looked like a fluffy helmet the entire time and it was hard to take her seriously. And it was dumb that they didn't film cutaways showing her wearing the outfit options she described. After all, why go to the trouble of shooting a video of someone if they're only going to describe outfits? Isn't the benefit of video in being able to show the different options??? Plus the clothing was ugly - I doubt we'd ever see her wear that jumpsuit from the start of the video. This IGTV was definitely a Gleam production

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

gossipy locks wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:19 pm
faceface wrote:
Her hair looked like a fluffy helmet the entire time and it was hard to take her seriously. And it was dumb that they didn't film cutaways showing her wearing the outfit options she described. After all, why go to the trouble of shooting a video of someone if they're only going to describe outfits? Isn't the benefit of video in being able to show the different options??? Plus the clothing was ugly - I doubt we'd ever see her wear that jumpsuit from the start of the video. This IGTV was definitely a Gleam production
Yeah that was a missed opportunity. Even with her own videos she shows us what the item looks like on her...But given it was an M&S shoot maybe it was as per their direction/decision ..would definitely have been more interesting if they'd included cutaways as you said. Essentially it was just her talking and repeatedly suggesting styling an outfit with some variation of a summer bag/sandals lol. Also agreed re clothing selection, can't imagine her wearing some of the outfits either.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Her Insta stories today are frightening. Her brows just scare me along with the faces she was making while waiting for botox. Like why share that?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

Lol.maybe she's testing out efficacy of her Botox haha

Essie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Essie »

OMG enough with the stupid faces. Plus her hair, considering she got it redone about a week ago, looks like yellow straw again.

Toothfairy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Toothfairy »

I used to really enjoy Emma’s instagram and YouTube but for a while now I’ve gone right off her. I first started to notice the way she would reply to followers. I thought she was just being a bit cheeky but I started to think she was really pissed off at being asked where items were from. She is also very good at over looking the positive comments and concentrating on anything negative. Her style is to reply to the first 5-6 comments and she is all lovely and grateful and fun. Then she doesn’t respond to anything else unless it is negative. I’m sure this sort of behaviour contributes to her mental health.
The other thing that annoys me most is her inconsistency when talking about items. A month or so ago she posted a photo of a blue shirt with white stripes from H&M and tagged it as being 4 years old. However, she did a haul last summer and that shirt was in it. Some people started to comment saying they had that shirt and one person actually called her out and said ‘did you not get that last summer?’ She then said ‘no’ it was a different shirt and she now wears that one as pj’s. It just didn’t make any sense.
Then she said while trying on a bodysuit from river island that she was long in the body and then in a different haul while trying on a jumpsuit from Stradivarius she was short in the body!!!! Come on, which one is it???
The Acne Jensen boots she did a review of she admitted to buying too small a size. She sold them on her Depop site but said she developed a problem with her foot and couldn’t wear them anymore.
I just think if you are going to make content and put it out there make sure you are consistent and just be truthful. She really lets herself down with stuff like that!

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

Toothfairy wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:31 pm
I used to really enjoy Emma’s instagram and YouTube but for a while now I’ve gone right off her. I first started to notice the way she would reply to followers. I thought she was just being a bit cheeky but I started to think she was really pissed off at being asked where items were from. She is also very good at over looking the positive comments and concentrating on anything negative. Her style is to reply to the first 5-6 comments and she is all lovely and grateful and fun. Then she doesn’t respond to anything else unless it is negative. I’m sure this sort of behaviour contributes to her mental health.
The other thing that annoys me most is her inconsistency when talking about items. A month or so ago she posted a photo of a blue shirt with white stripes from H&M and tagged it as being 4 years old. However, she did a haul last summer and that shirt was in it. Some people started to comment saying they had that shirt and one person actually called her out and said ‘did you not get that last summer?’ She then said ‘no’ it was a different shirt and she now wears that one as pj’s. It just didn’t make any sense.
Then she said while trying on a bodysuit from river island that she was long in the body and then in a different haul while trying on a jumpsuit from Stradivarius she was short in the body!!!! Come on, which one is it???
The Acne Jensen boots she did a review of she admitted to buying too small a size. She sold them on her Depop site but said she developed a problem with her foot and couldn’t wear them anymore.
I just think if you are going to make content and put it out there make sure you are consistent and just be truthful. She really lets herself down with stuff like that!
The trouble is when you live your life on social media (even a small curated part) then people are bound to notice everything...and if you make things up to suit whatever you're filming at the time then there are bound to be discrepancies that'll likely get called out.
I also noted some things she sold on Depop as new/barely worn etc but then in her review or collection videos or comments over time she's called them super comfy and wearable..

She also seems to have started listing her outfit details in the caption, hopefully that makes her less grumpy at her followers hahaha (or she might get MORE frustrated that ppl ask despite her list!!)

She's posted about buying less from fast fashion and "giving up" her beloved (sponsored) topshop, so kudos to her... in saying that she's really just replaced fast fashion hauling with buying second hand/vintage things, she's posted quite a number of times about how she's checking eBay and vestiaire etc frequently.

I love how she thinks being sustainable is buying an overpriced second hand bag that's travelled miles and miles across continents...or more and more of the same things she already has, because they're vintage and sooooo 90s.

Toothfairy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Toothfairy »

Now that she is so sustainable you would think she could show repeat wear of her clothes. It’s extremely rare to see her wear anything for a second time unless it’s accessories!

Post by Guest »

Toothfairy wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:19 am
Now that she is so sustainable you would think she could show repeat wear of her clothes. It’s extremely rare to see her wear anything for a second time unless it’s accessories!
And even then it's only because her accessories are #gifted #sponsored #moneymakers :roll:

melindagomez
Informer
Informer

Post by melindagomez »

How many blazers and jeans does she go through a year, 200 of each?

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

melindagomez wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:42 pm
How many blazers and jeans does she go through a year, 200 of each?
The total is probably not far off...even if the sum of her blazers and jeans is 200 it's still such excess!

Other sustainable YTubers have a small capsule wardrobe and wear similar outfits repeatedly (understandable when there are only 5 tops or whatever in their collection)...EH on the other hand, has multiple iterations of the same item in her wardrobe...and ends up looking the same anyway

All these damned influencers/followers who think wearing a blazer and jeans is #fashion #goals and #emmahillmademedoit are just ridiculous.

Post by Guest »

Saw (a portion of) the second IGTV piece she's done for M&S :?
Why, oh why, do her management have her doing these ridiculously boring videos?
Does anyone need an instructional that essentially says: "beaooootiful suede jacket" and " oh look, a red cardigan" because, ummm, autumn is around the corner. :?
The outfits she's styled in (chosen by herself or by them?) for these shoots are terribly unflattering, too, so it's not exactly helping her sell the collection. No cutaways of her trying stuff on, just her describing- very slowly- each item.
Still no upload on YT either. Wonder what the hell is going on with her and how she thinks this is a good move for her platform when there's so much competition out there.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”