Re: Authortube - Part 2

Post by nothing_much »

FYI: as of right now KM's "Whole 4" series views are:

Video #1 We Can Do Better 2.9k
Video #2 What's REALLY Holding You Back 2.1k
Video #3 Let's Talk About Body Image 1.3k
Video #4 Rediscovering Joy 956
Video #5 You Are Worth Your Dreams 513

The drop in views could be explained by the simple fact that people just haven't seen the recent ones yet. However, I have a hunch that this is a clear message from her subs that they are not interested in her new lightworker direction. I mean who comes back from a long hiatus to such a steep decline in views when you have all this brand new content? There have been several comments asking if she's going to go back to writing-related content. She's clearly been deleting comments again (despite blatantly telling people to come at her in the comments) since there's so few, and a few seem like they're referencing comments that aren't there anymore.

All of her videos have included snide remarks about "haters" and basically dismissing anyone who watches her for her original writing content (basically she implied that if you don't like the new direction you can leave and she doesn't want you here. Unless of course you're in need of healing and want to cough up $2k for some sweet ~lightworking~ lessons.

Not a great start to this new venture... very passive aggressive & negative. Not inclusive or inviting.

Hierophantom
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hierophantom »

So did I! Alexa Donne is awesome. Yes, I disagree with her politics... Oh.... Entirely. But I truly admire how she was able to ford through the tragedy of the loss of her mother and still post content, write her book, and offer sound traditional publishing advice. She's great, and it's so refreshing to watch videos from someone who's trying to be authentic, damn it. And while she could totally justify charging two-thousand-fuck-off-dollars for a course, she has yet to charge a dime. Good girl. You're pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I've had too much wine and YES, I am a lovey drunk. But at the end of the day, despite my disagreements with Alexa's views on political correctness, race, and who should be able to write what story, I'm thankful that she is overall pretty cool, at least in my book. She's honest. And I value that shit. Carry on. Excuse me.

lazerwizard
Learner
Learner

Post by lazerwizard »

EVERYONE!!! THE WHOLE 4 CHALLENGE IS LIVE AND IS $600! At least it’s cheaper than her other shitty programs but she’s offering a coupon code that gives you $200 off.

Here’s the link to the website: https://www.thatsmarthustle.com/product ... -intensive

WriteWithMe
Learner
Learner

Post by WriteWithMe »

lazerwizard wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm
EVERYONE!!! THE WHOLE 4 CHALLENGE IS LIVE AND IS $600! At least it’s cheaper than her other shitty programs but she’s offering a coupon code that gives you $200 off.

Here’s the link to the website: https://www.thatsmarthustle.com/product ... -intensive
600 bucks for something that is only gonna last 20 days? 🙄

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

Hierophantom wrote:So did I! Alexa Donne is awesome. Yes, I disagree with her politics... Oh.... Entirely. But I truly admire how she was able to ford through the tragedy of the loss of her mother and still post content, write her book, and offer sound traditional publishing advice. She's great, and it's so refreshing to watch videos from someone who's trying to be authentic, damn it. And while she could totally justify charging two-thousand-fuck-off-dollars for a course, she has yet to charge a dime. Good girl. You're pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I've had too much wine and YES, I am a lovey drunk. But at the end of the day, despite my disagreements with Alexa's views on political correctness, race, and who should be able to write what story, I'm thankful that she is overall pretty cool, at least in my book. She's honest. And I value that shit. Carry on. Excuse me.
lol, also drunk, sadly not by wine.

I shall look up Alexa on YouTube tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CartmansMom
Learner
Learner

Post by CartmansMom »

Skip to around 19:35 of Beth any Atazadehs video on canva tutorial for writers. I think i like her now (not her books) I'm pretty sure this was shade for KMs first personal development book. "I think alot of you have seen this cover before" hahahaa hahahahahah

Hierophantom
Learner
Learner

Post by Hierophantom »

ja14 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 pm

lol, also drunk, sadly not by wine.

I shall look up Alexa on YouTube tomorrow.

Go for it, she"s great! Speaking if great vlogs, do you think Katytastic will ever post again? She had some of the best vlogs out there and I really hope she doesn't want to leave youtube for good.

Yogadog
Debater
Debater

Post by Yogadog »

Did you see there is a whole conversation about other (better) authortubers in Kristen Martin's comments? (If it's still there)

Hierophantom
Learner
Learner

Post by Hierophantom »

Oh snap, really? I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Post by Guest »

WriteWithMe wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm
lazerwizard wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm

BUT SHE HAS A COUPON FOR $200 OFF!!

LOL KM wants you to go from "sick and tired" to "lit and fired." I don't think she understands what "lit" means. Cause jfc if I were at work and if I got LIT then I would get FIRED. XDDD

Hierophantom
Learner
Learner

Post by Hierophantom »

XD Seriously, if you want to get "lit and fired," you don't need to drop $400 on a self help course. Take that money and go to your local Whole Foods. Find a guy in a Grateful Dead t-shirt. Tell him all about your dreams of getting lit, and hand him a wad of cash. You should be good for at least six months.

sugarpea
Talker
Talker

Post by sugarpea »

yuuki_ftw wrote:
WriteWithMe wrote:
lazerwizard wrote: EVERYONE!!! THE WHOLE 4 CHALLENGE IS LIVE AND IS $600! At least it’s cheaper than her other shitty programs but she’s offering a coupon code that gives you $200 off.

BUT SHE HAS A COUPON FOR $200 OFF!!

LOL KM wants you to go from "sick and tired" to "lit and fired." I don't think she understands what "lit" means. Cause jfc if I were at work and if I got LIT then I would get FIRED. XDDD
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beautylight
Learner
Learner

Post by Beautylight »

We've seen the Whole 4 before. Elevate marketed itself as those feeling sick and tired if their current job, wanting to create their own business. A lot about mindset was said to he discussed in one if the modules. KM is basically rehashing old content for different courses. Is it hustle smarter not harder similar too?
Also I'd be interested to see if KM responds to the comment on her YT video about having qualifications. This alone should send alarm bells ringing for potential clients. $400 for more of the same of free content? No thanks. Highly doubtful this will take off.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

Beautylight wrote: Also I'd be interested to see if KM responds to the comment on her YT video about having qualifications. This alone should send alarm bells ringing for potential clients. $400 for more of the same of free content? No thanks. Highly doubtful this will take off.
That comment has been deleted, of course.

Hierophantom
Learner
Learner

Post by Hierophantom »

She's an angel, helllloooo? XD

Why bother with expensive patriarchal contrivances like certifications and degrees when you can just stand in your truth and let your heart tell you who you are?

We let society label us so much.

We're told that we have to read books and go to school before we can charge people for psychological help. We have to be "licensed professionals" or some shit.

What if your knowledge of others' pain comes from a spiritual awareness that few beings have? What if you just... Deeply, intuitively know what other human beings need, and it is your purpose to heal their wounds?

The people who don't understand you... Need you.

They need you to dispell their limiting beliefs that you are not qualified to dispense psychological help to broken people. Their negativity is the result of some buried trauma they're carrying around. They're hurting! Don't you see????

Who cares if your customers could have paid for some one-on-one sessions with a licensed professional with that $400?

Nobody is worth more than anybody else. That's a lie we've been told, and we've just accepted it. A limiting belief. Don't listen.

Instead, ask yourself this: does your five year old self believe you're a qualified mental health professional?

Then that's all that matters. You define who you are. You are the one who shines the light on the darkness that is your true purpose. It's your destiny, not theirs. Your soul is awaiting to be awakened. Click the link to purchase.

*crickets*

AuthorNoob
Talker
Talker

Post by AuthorNoob »

Hierophantom wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:56 pm
So did I! Alexa Donne is awesome. Yes, I disagree with her politics... Oh.... Entirely. But I truly admire how she was able to ford through the tragedy of the loss of her mother and still post content, write her book, and offer sound traditional publishing advice. She's great, and it's so refreshing to watch videos from someone who's trying to be authentic, damn it. And while she could totally justify charging two-thousand-fuck-off-dollars for a course, she has yet to charge a dime. Good girl. You're pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

I agree with every word of this. Though I don't like her politics, I'll just have to get over it because she's at least authentic. I really hope she makes more of these vlog style reading and writing videos and writes more thrillers. She's the first author/booktuber I've seen who hasn't raved about that utterly shit book The Woman in the Window (sorry, OT) and I'm glad she posted the NYT article about the author in her newest video. These are the kind of authors who need to be called out, not people who accidentally don't include enough left-handed albinos in their books or whatever. Alexa and Books and Lala are where it's at with thrillers right now, and they both do spoiler reviews. <3 <3 <3
Last edited by AuthorNoob on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

AuthorNoob
Talker
Talker

Post by AuthorNoob »

Hierophantom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am

Why bother with expensive patriarchal contrivances like certifications and degrees when you can just stand in your truth and let your heart tell you who you are?

We're told that we have to read books and go to school before we can charge people for psychological help. We have to be "licensed professionals" or some shit.

What if your knowledge of others' pain comes from a spiritual awareness that few beings have? What if you just... Deeply, intuitively know what other human beings need, and it is your purpose to heal their wounds?

They need you to dispell their limiting beliefs that you are not qualified to dispense psychological help to broken people. Their negativity is the result of some buried trauma they're carrying around. They're hurting! Don't you see????

Who cares if your customers could have paid for some one-on-one sessions with a licensed professional with that $400?

Nobody is worth more than anybody else. That's a lie we've been told, and we've just accepted it. A limiting belief. Don't listen.

Instead, ask yourself this: does your five year old self believe you're a qualified mental health professional?

Then that's all that matters. You define who you are. You are the one who shines the light on the darkness that is your true purpose. It's your destiny, not theirs. Your soul is awaiting to be awakened. Click the link to purchase.

*crickets*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hail:

Post by Guest »

I’ve watched all this week’s videos and listened to the podcasts. Honestly...what is this even about? I mean, obviously money.

But does she actually feel moved to help others? That’s so strange to me. She preaches that everyone has their own path, that some of the anecdotes she uses are “in her own experience” or “this just works for me”. So just because she checked a few of the same answers as the other people at the Rise conference, she feels like she’s cracked some code? That magically, because she’s felt some of the same things as others, she’s somehow endowed with this “gift” of knowing what people need in order to “heal”?

Wowzers.

I’ve gone through the whole finding myself and getting healthy thing (yes, I lost weight, and no, Kristen, getting healthy was NOT just about losing weight; it was also about lowering my risk factors for certain diseases I’m predisposed to genetically). I’ve done the whole bad breakup and reinvent myself thing. But I can 1000% tell you that just because I figured out how to be happy and healthy again doesn’t mean I found THE key.

There is no key. We aren’t all the same, even though we may have similar issues. Everyone comes to these types of realizations and heals differently. And her screaming in our faces and telling us she can heal everything for the small fee of $400 or whatever is like, scammer 101. It reminds me of the old religious revivals, tbh. Or mlm/pyramid scheme bs. Preying on vulnerable people psychologically and financially.

But the scariest part? I think she actually believes it. I think she’s actually drank her own koolaid and man, that’s not healing. That’s delusion and in the wrong hands, it’s extremely dangerous.

Which is why I’ll continue to keep my eye on her and keep talking about it. Sorry not sorry.

sugarpea
Talker
Talker

Post by sugarpea »

Hierophantom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am

*crickets*
:SS: :boing: :clap: :boing: :ele: :SS:

Return to “BookTube”