ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

beautybitch
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by beautybitch »

HazelGraceGus wrote:Also, she called Supernatural shit. Nope. The (nonexistent) "respect" I had for her just went straight out of the window. You can hate a show all you like, but do not call a show that is as well written and well acted as Supernatural shit when you are obsessed with the Vampire Diaries or whatever. Ok, rant over.
whaaaatttt? when did she say this? omg, she watches pretty little liars & vampire diaries & teen wolf & yet she called supernatural shit? has she even watched more than 2 episodes? (but i guess i'm biased because i'm obsessed with SPN)

HazelGraceGus
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HazelGraceGus »

beautybitch wrote:
HazelGraceGus wrote:Also, she called Supernatural shit. Nope. The (nonexistent) "respect" I had for her just went straight out of the window. You can hate a show all you like, but do not call a show that is as well written and well acted as Supernatural shit when you are obsessed with the Vampire Diaries or whatever. Ok, rant over.
whaaaatttt? when did she say this? omg, she watches pretty little liars & vampire diaries & teen wolf & yet she called supernatural shit? has she even watched more than 2 episodes? (but i guess i'm biased because i'm obsessed with SPN)
It was in her big "my favorite things giveaway" video at around the 3:45 mark.
To be fair though, Teen Wolf is actually really good - it just has the stupidest name to ever exist. But Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries??? Come on, Rachel. If you're going to watch tv all day, at least watch good tv.

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

The tutorial had good and bad moments... I'm not gonna hate on the girl for doing a smoky eye for a book whose cover is literally smoke -- sure it's unoriginal, but I think the series idea as a whole is cool. If she did hunger games the UD Vice Palette would be perfect.

When she blew out the candle in slow motion though... Holy hell I actually laughed out loud. So. Cheesy.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

last night in the distorted mirror vs http://24.media.tumblr.com/21942dc105c7 ... o1_500.jpg

keep trying.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

talkaboutit wrote:last night in the distorted mirror vs http://24.media.tumblr.com/21942dc105c7 ... o1_500.jpg

keep trying.
Yup. And ugh, that hair color.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
talkaboutit wrote:last night in the distorted mirror vs http://24.media.tumblr.com/21942dc105c7 ... o1_500.jpg

keep trying.
Yup. And ugh, that hair color.
LOL .. I love how all her followers are like, "omg rach u so skinny gurl" and a day later she posts a picture of her wearing the exact same dress, yet looks 3x bigger

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

Yooooo. We need a new thread! MODS! Where y'all at?

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

keep trying.
she looks like she's dressed up as a witch or a hag for halloween or something, good god.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

HazelGraceGus wrote:
beautybitch wrote:
It was in her big "my favorite things giveaway" video at around the 3:45 mark.
To be fair though, Teen Wolf is actually really good - it just has the stupidest name to ever exist. But Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries??? Come on, Rachel. If you're going to watch tv all day, at least watch good tv.
I like that they kept the name Teen Wolf, they probably had to because it's the same plot as the 1985 teen wolf movie and changing it would have felt like a rip off.

I remember watching Supernatural when it first came out but I forget everything about it. From what I've heard lately it treats female characters like shit/one of the actors is homophobic? Rachel probably hasn't seen it.

Remember when she shat all over Sherlock and then started watching it, saying it "wasn't that bad" (I've also never watched Sherlock)

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Remember when she shat all over Sherlock and then started watching it, saying it "wasn't that bad" (I've also never watched Sherlock)
If it's something a lot of people like, Rachel will dismiss it as something she doesn't like until the hype dies down and then its

"YOU GUYS WATCH THIS NOW IT IS SO FUCKING UNDERRATED."

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I thought the tutorial was okay, but nothing special. One thing I never like about her tutorials is that the eye makeup is all basically the same style, with the lid color/crease color/winged liner, etc. I mean shit dude try out some different shapes or something. You can take most of her looks and just change some colors but the construction is pretty much all the same. Also, I doubt she worked that hard on it. Taking seven hours to edit it and it comes out as a four-minute video?? There was probably like, what, guesstimated 30 minutes of actual filming (not counting set-up and stuff). But yenno, since it's her faaaavorite book evar she wants it to seem like it was something she broke her back for.

Also does anyone else think she won't keep up with this little series? It seems like in the past she's started series of makeup looks, puts out a video or two for it, then it's never mentioned again.

HazelGraceGus
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HazelGraceGus »

I like that they kept the name Teen Wolf, they probably had to because it's the same plot as the 1985 teen wolf movie and changing it would have felt like a rip off.

I remember watching Supernatural when it first came out but I forget everything about it. From what I've heard lately it treats female characters like shit/one of the actors is homophobic? Rachel probably hasn't seen it.

I do agree about keeping the name, I guess. It just makes it slightly embarrassing when I'm explaining it to a friend.
As for Supernatural: ok, they killed off the few female characters they had (but they kill everybody, so I mean... and as for the cast being homophobic??? ahahahahahaha they are the farthest from that ever. I agree, she probably hasn't seen it.
Yeah, she just loves to be all hipster and indie and shit. Sherlock is also amazing. Honestly, I don't see the issue with liking a thing that everybody else likes. It just means it's good. Rachel is probably one of those people who gets mad when her favorite "unknown" band finally gets the popularity it deserves.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider »

hollaatmegurl wrote:Also does anyone else think she won't keep up with this little series? It seems like in the past she's started series of makeup looks, puts out a video or two for it, then it's never mentioned again.

You called it, she never sees anything out. Its annoying as hell and just flat lazy.

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

I'm starting to think she's only read a couple books in her lifetime. The John Green books are obviously among the few.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

chance86 wrote:I'm starting to think she's only read a couple books in her lifetime. The John Green books are obviously among the few.
This 100%. It's actually embarrassing - if I wanted to apply to do English or any English/essay-related subject at a decent uni, I'd have to be a hell of a reader. Continues to show that this degree of hers is probably worth nothing considering they accept people that don't know the difference between effect and affect, and only seem to read YA with the occasional classic that everyone gets forced to read in high school.

She is getting really unbearable. Usually what we get from her is a downwards slope with a couple of "ups" now and again, say a particularly good video, or a remotely-logical Tumblr post, or she goes without being bitchy for 0.5 seconds. Now it's just downwards and I haven't found anything nice to say about her recently. She hasn't been this bad since the Beating a Dead Horse video. So I am inclined to predict that she has another one of those "meltdowns" on the way. Stay tuned guise~!

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

molticolori wrote:
If it's something a lot of people like, Rachel will dismiss it as something she doesn't like until the hype dies down and then its

"YOU GUYS WATCH THIS NOW IT IS SO FUCKING UNDERRATED."
kind of like how she completely shitted all over lana del rey, even made a VIDEO about her, then told everyone a few weeks ago on tumblr "oh i actually kind of like that song young & beautiful"

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

littleyellowspider wrote:
hollaatmegurl wrote:Also does anyone else think she won't keep up with this little series? It seems like in the past she's started series of makeup looks, puts out a video or two for it, then it's never mentioned again.

You called it, she never sees anything out. Its annoying as hell and just flat lazy.
My thoughts exactly. Watching the video I thought "Wow, this is actually a pretty cool idea for a series.. If she ever does this again."

Batman villains, That shitty unfunny "Tumblr explains" thing, some Food Network spoof, and more I'm probably forgetting. Follow through, girl! It's not like you don't have the free time.

droolface
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by droolface »

her obsession with "jellies" is getting really god damn annoying. like COOL you actually left your bedroom and went to an aquarium with your boyfriend (who never leaves your side). LIKE WOW I AM SO IMPRESSED. nawt.

god fucking damn.

ughconnie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ughconnie »

Ugh i hate to say it but her winged eyeliner is decently nice

but thats what happens after doing 456789765445678 tutorials with the faking same eyeliner

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Part 4 of the thread here, folks: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7124

:)

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”