IamChavette (IamChouquette)

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: IamChavette (IamChouquette)

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

I love handbag videos so I did start watching the first one but the first 5:30 minutes (yes I checked) is her rambling about how she knows handbag collection videos get views and new followers but that’s not why she’s doing one. And she’s not doing one to create jealousy. And she’s going to start here. No wait. I’ll start here. This bag....and I’d shut YouTube down and moved on.

Yes she’s a rambler but she does have more fashion knowledge than a lot of lux unboxers who just say “omg! It’s so cute!” BUT her rambles are so incoherent if she has knowledge in there it’s buried deep and never gets to the point.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 am
Wow she’s sneaky. If you didn’t read to the bottom of the description box, you wouldn’t know that items with a * are the ones she bought herself (so 4 items from
the whole haul). Most Youtubers I watch use the * to denote gifted product.
Ahhh, that is sneaky. She claims to be so honest and doesn’t do these tricks for views and followers according to her endless moans on Instagram.

If it’s both her husband & her full time job then - money or no money - they’ll want to get the most out of it and will be pulling all the tricks.

Post by Guest »

On the topic of the handbag video, disregarding the gluttony as each to their own, what really stands out is her awful scommunication skills and the lack of awareness to edit things out and keep it at an appropriate length.

She was constantly repeating things, stumbling over words saying them wrong and quite ridiculous was when she missed out words, meaning her point made no sense! A simple, straight to the point talking manner that is clear... this was not. Also how often do we need to hear that supposedly French women look down on Caviar Chanel! I was watching a French youtuber and she was saying most women there don't even buy these heritage brands as they are too flashy and too expensive.

She also when SPEAKING refused to clearly discose what bags were given to her for free. She can't just say that Designer Exchange gifted her the pink Chanel in return for instagram posts, instead it's a big talk about it being a bit scuffed so less in need of being babied and so on!

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by gossipy locks »

rainwouldbenice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:05 am
Also how often do we need to hear that supposedly French women look down on Caviar Chanel! I was watching a French youtuber and she was saying most women there don't even buy these heritage brands as they are too flashy and too expensive.
This is one of the most obnoxious things she says but mainly because she repeats it so often. The first time I heard her say it I thought it was an interesting tidbit of info. But the more she repeats it, the more it comes off as obnoxious. WHO CARES what French women "look down" on? I just get the icky feeling that Claire keeps saying that to serve her ego in some way - idk what it is exactly. Btw, caviar pieces are just as expensive as lambskin and a lot of people prefer them because they are lower maintenance so whoever looks down on them can shove it :rofl:

You're also 100% right that most French women don't go for these heritage brands which are looked at as an ostentatious display of wealth. Lately, "luxury" has been considered a dirty word when it comes to fashion among French people so a lot of people would be looking down on her Chanel collection full stop, regardless of whether the pieces are caviar or lambskin.

Post by Guest »

Yes, considering all the protests going on in France, Claire with her fantasy that "French women" care enough about the difference between lamb and caviar seems a bit tactless. Maybe wealthy, status symbol driven tourists care...

How also can she say "Paris" with such conviction? Her man's name is Julian. She's even promoted his travel business too, so just use the real name or at least the initial. Do any other bloggers have daft names for their spouses? Usually they don't disclose their kids names which is responsible, but "Paris" for a French man.... wtf. Would she care to be called Essex then?

As for the bag collection, it did seem like there were lots of duplicate styles ( multiple Birkins, Fendi peek a boo's, the blue Dior tote etc). Along with god awful bags that she clearly is keeping only for sentimentality as that WHITE knitted (not even tweed) Chanel is so impractical and overpriced.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

She’s so ridiculous. How can this woman get ANY brand deal if she can’t even write the word advertisement? I would love to see her emails littered with the dumbest mistakes

orangelolly
Learner
Learner

Post by orangelolly »

On one of her recent tweets she is saying how another YouTuber has done something terrible. Another user then tells her not to send everyone to hate on her. I don't know how to do the screengrabs and post them

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

PowderGirl wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 am
She’s so ridiculous. How can this woman get ANY brand deal if she can’t even write the word advertisement? I would love to see her emails littered with the dumbest mistakes

The way she spelled is actually hilarious! She spelled it phonetically the way Brits say it - ədˈvərdizmənt. Wow.

Grammar mistakes and misspellings are really an influencer pet peeve of mine. And y’all are right. Her ability to communicate succinctly and clearly is severely lacking, especially for someone whose job it is to communicate.She’s trying to sound smarter and more posh than she actually is, but she’s failing miserably.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Has 51 designer bags - " i DoNt WaNt To Be ExCeSSiVe".

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

What is this?!

BA fashion design and Marketing??? (I don’t know what hons means though (I‘m not from the uk)) Since when Claire??
Then what is LCF Distinction? And lastly Londoner? Girl, you’re from Essex and you‘ll always be.

Scorpio89
Debater
Debater

Post by Scorpio89 »

PowderGirl wrote:What is this?!

BA fashion design and Marketing??? (I don’t know what hons means though (I‘m not from the uk)) Since when Claire??
Then what is LCF Distinction? And lastly Londoner? Girl, you’re from Essex and you‘ll always be.
Bachelor of Arts, BA (Hons). Did not know she had a bachelor. Maybe it's not the same as in my country thoo.....

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Lola-Faith
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lola-Faith »

LCF = London College of Fashion maybe?

Pretty pathetic to put your grades on your bio, what's next, 4 GCSE's and her bra size?

Post by Guest »

I don't see Youtube and Instagram as academic institutions where she has to post her academic qualifications unless it's to prove some point that she is educated or a rival for Inthefrow's PhD. If she has an academic distinction why can she not even spell advertisement?! Why is she unemployed? I don't think her "job" is that obvious currently.

Scorpio89
Debater
Debater

Post by Scorpio89 »

Uhm, so the Arizona vlog is an AD or??

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

Scorpio89 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:24 am
Uhm, so the Arizona vlog is an AD or??

It's an #advirtisment

Post by Guest »

The Arizona Vlog is fantastic. It’s now on my Bucket List and I’m now searching for more information.

I like Claire. I was cringing at her Perfume Ad though. Was it sponsored? Or an Audition?

Also. I love clothes. But when I’m going on Holiday. When I’m walking or climbing or travelling in open vehicles it *has* to be Trainers and Shorts or 3/4 Trousers (perhaps Jeans, depending on the climate).

Is she a Model? Are we looking at the Landscapes or the clothes or... I’m soooo confused.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

AgnesP wrote: The Arizona Vlog is fantastic. It’s now on my Bucket List and I’m now searching for more information.

I like Claire. I was cringing at her Perfume Ad though. Was it sponsored? Or an Audition?

Also. I love clothes. But when I’m going on Holiday. When I’m walking or climbing or travelling in open vehicles it *has* to be Trainers and Shorts or 3/4 Trousers (perhaps Jeans, depending on the climate).

Is she a Model? Are we looking at the Landscapes or the clothes or... I’m soooo confused.

It wasn't realistic, the whole thing was sponsored by NAP that's why she was wearing all that crap in the desert.

How can you like Claire? Have you seen the way she talks to her fans? She is abhorrent.

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

Lola-Faith wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 pm
LCF = London College of Fashion maybe?

Pretty pathetic to put your grades on your bio, what's next, 4 GCSE's and her bra size?
She hasn't put her grades, that's just the type of degree that she has. The qualification is a BA (Hons) - that's just the name of it. I have one in English. If you have one in a science subject you are BSc (Hons) or law is LLC (Hons) etc. However, I never put mine on anything because I'm not a pr**k :D

Muj89
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Muj89 »

Just watched her harrods video. She has done a really bad job vlog of the new beauty hall. However that goody bag is insane. But again she's rubbish at showing the freebies. She must have used her Harrods contacts to get an invite.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

I didn't realise that Claire was once friends with Emma Hill, was there ever any evidence of this in early videos by either of them? Claire went to Emma's wedding!

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”