Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LLYMLRS & ETCLLYMLRS part 2

Post by saurusofha »

snarkvark wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 am
She sees it as a failure, which is why she won't talk about her weight gain or struggling with earninge nough to live in Brighton/London. and it kind of is really considering where she was and where she is now. She used to be a popular blogger/youtuber and now she's... what?
I get how she sees it but based on that current state - why not be real rather than pretend you have it all together and posting a selfie once in a while whilst shooting down any people that at one point might've been your supporters?

Use the fail to either build a new presence or then fuck off. She's just doing the worst of both worlds right now imo.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn »

And she's back to affiliate links on IG!

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

As if she’s managed to blag another sponsored trip to Tomorrowland yet does fuck all for Instagram / YouTube

iwantyoutoknow22
Learner
Learner

Post by iwantyoutoknow22 »

I wonder what she’s doing, like how is she making money and supporting herself now? She’s just disappeared

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

I reckon she’s probs just got a job at her family bakery tbh and doesn’t want to show it.

iwantyoutoknow22
Learner
Learner

Post by iwantyoutoknow22 »

She appears in Helen Anderson’s festival vlog and she’s... off. Like really stilted responses to Helen’s questions and just looks like she doesn’t want to be there. It’s a JBL sponsorship thing so I guess she contractually had to go (or just wanted the free trip) but there’s definitely something off with her.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

iwantyoutoknow22 wrote:She appears in Helen Anderson’s festival vlog and she’s... off. Like really stilted responses to Helen’s questions and just looks like she doesn’t want to be there. It’s a JBL sponsorship thing so I guess she contractually had to go (or just wanted the free trip) but there’s definitely something off with her.
Yeah it was obvious that she didn't want to be there, but I didn't think her responses were off. Just normal Lily.
I was quite shocked at her weight gain tbh, so I really wouldn't be surprised if this is why she's been mia. She's really young and must be pretty down about it, especially if you compare to how she used to look! I just wish she'd do something about it. ImageImage

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

Her hair desperately needs doing as well :/ I think she must surely be struggling for money.

Cindersxo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Cindersxo »

:o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Cindersxo wrote::o
ImageImageImageImageImage

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Post by imtakinga_bath »

Definitely looks like she’s moved back home doesn’t it?

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

She definitely moved to back to Ludlow, I have school friends who still live there and they've seen Lily around throughout the year.

How long is she going to ebb out trying to be an influencer for? She’s back again with the badly edited pictures and still seems as arrogant as she always was. Would it literally kill her to reply to a comment from a non-influencer?

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

I can't believe she still returns about once a month/every two months to promote her affiliate links and that's it. She offers NO content whatsoever but still thinks her 'followers' owe her the money she can make off of those swipe up links.

Disgusting. If you're gonna quit, fucking quit and get a real job and don't use your followers for easy cash.

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

I know right, it really bugs me. I wish her follower count would drop as well but it seems to stick the same ! I wonder what job she’s doing now cause she can’t be living off the cash from those links surely 🧐

hides
Learner
Learner

Post by hides »

It shows a blatant disregard for her followers and subscribers!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

How much does the average blogger make from affiliates?

If she's back in Ludlow and making around or more than £1000 a month then she's not too different than someone who works in a pub, restaurant or shop. If it's over £1200, then she's (sadly) on the level of most entry level graduates and it's definitely liveable.

If you consider some full time YouTubers admit to getting the same income as when they worked full time, I'd say that's plausible provided she's not living the lavish blogger lifestyle.

It's not a lot but it's enough.

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal »

This thread (and her social media) is dead but I find what's happened to her career SO intriguing! I may have over-estimated her popularity back in the day (09 - 12?) but I always felt like she was one of the 'big' bloggers, I used to check her site (and even etc!!) every day, she felt very much on course to be at Zoella levels, I wonder what went wrong???

I remember she'd always go on about buying a house in London & I'm pretty sure she was gifted an entire car? Where did it go wrong?!

CoraSP
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CoraSP »

Yeah I remember her being one of the big bloggers too back in 2011/2012 and onwards. It is interesting isnt it

essexgyal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by essexgyal »

I must have misremembered it, I was under the impression she got gifted a car whilst living in London but looking through Twitter she moaned about not having a car whilst living in the middle of no where, and the Fiat 500 was bought on finance?

I feel like these gen 1 bloggers (who moved over from Livejournal communities...?) were all from very rich backgrounds so had the money to go & buy a lot, frequently, plus had the DSLR to take photos etc etc. They sort of came before brands had caught up too so they weren't being gifted everything or paid fees, so the 'talent pool' (lol) was so small that reposting the same jeans + band tee + long cardi + dip dye hair was enough...

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

essexgyal wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am
I must have misremembered it, I was under the impression she got gifted a car whilst living in London but looking through Twitter she moaned about not having a car whilst living in the middle of no where, and the Fiat 500 was bought on finance?

I feel like these gen 1 bloggers (who moved over from Livejournal communities...?) were all from very rich backgrounds so had the money to go & buy a lot, frequently, plus had the DSLR to take photos etc etc. They sort of came before brands had caught up too so they weren't being gifted everything or paid fees, so the 'talent pool' (lol) was so small that reposting the same jeans + band tee + long cardi + dip dye hair was enough...

You're not wrong, I remember her being gifted a lime green fiat 500. It stuck out at the time because this wasn't even at the height of influencers getting freebies so wasn't that normal at the time and I had definitely never come across them being given cars. I don't think I've even seen anyone be gifted a car since.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”