Carrie Mope Fletcher and the Prisoner of Stunt Casting and Self-Obsession - Part 17

toffeethegossip
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Mope Fletcher and the Prisoner of Stunt Casting and Self-Obsession - Part 17

Post by toffeethegossip »

2TinyPanthers wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:55 am
LylaJovana wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:31 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am
ninjakiwi wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 am
Been lurking for a while and this is my first comment so I hope I’m adding it correctly... but anyone else think the weird close up of her upper arm on her ig story is is directly related to a comment made about their size earlier?! Seems like a wild coincidence if not.
Can anyone upload a screenshot of this please?
Carrie, if you’re reading here and the above is true, it’s absolutely pointless because you blocked me on Instagram for daring to have an opinion on a show you were in and/or a world view with more shades of grey than your own.

I'm going to make a not-so-wild guess and say that it's probably another underwear pic :roll: Most likely in a full face of makeup, probably with some airbrushing. *yawn*

For all she went on that rant about liking people's pics with no makeup on, she has posted only one (1) picture on insta in the last year with no makeup on. Carrie, you're a hypocrite.
I am all for body positivity but I am seriously bored of seeing influencers in their bra and pants, I am fat seeing someone in their underwear does not make me magically love myself, Carrie we have seen you dance in your underwear before so don't really need to see another photo, think of something new, you are boring and just copying other influencers ;)

Ellie1003
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Carrie Mope Fletcher and the Prisoner of Stunt Casting and Self-Obsession - Part 17

Post by Ellie1003 »

We were told to keep our eyes peeled for 5:30. It’s now 6:20...

Apparently because “Instagram went down”. Sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

The thing that really pisses me off about body positivity is that it focuses almost solely on size and weight.
My best friend, until fairly recently, was hugely insecure about her height because she’s 5ft9/5ft10 and she was convinced men would have no interest in dating a tall woman. I myself have congenital abnormalities in my feet (I’m deformed. My toes are weird). I don’t really give a crap about people with weird feet being represented in wider media because I’ve grown up to have minimal respect for the opinions of others (you’ll get that once you’ve had a hundred people scream at you on your way to a French lesson about your feet!) but how many people in the body positivity movement have a cleft palette? How many are amputees?
Huge respect for Winnie Harlow!
When this kind of crap comes from a hugely privileged white British middle class woman like Carrie it just screams of wanting to be relatable and ‘I’m oppressed too!’
If you’ve got the time, go look up Precious Adams. She’s a beautiful African-American ballet dancer who’s currently with the English National Ballet. She grew up in the Deep South in Georgia and even though she had more skill in dancing than anyone else in her classes she’d never get any decent dance roles. She’d always be at the back somewhere. When she asked her teacher why she wasn’t getting any lead roles she was told ‘Try scrubbing the black off!’ I’m not saying Carrie can’t be part of the BP movement, and more power to her for having all that body confidence, but she’ll never really know how it feels to be instantly judged and to some extent held back by something completely beyond your control.

Lynndi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lynndi »

I'm a plus-sized woman. Just my two cents but sure, we should all be able to dress as we please and feel comfortable in our skin... But there are other ways of getting that message heard, than just stripping to your undies.

Tbh I'd feel more comfy (in all senses) in bikini/undies if shops stocked more sizes that fit more people... (because IMO feeling comfortable helps build your self confidence ; it's not the case for everyone of course, but if you feel hella good in your bikini you don't give a fluying fuck if so-or-so thinks you're fat). Not because miss-i-actually-carry-hope-fletcher was strong enough to rip her shirt open on stage/so a photoshoot.

(Not sure my message makes sense, I'm tired)
#justiceformiles #cakegate2k19

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Lynndi wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:41 am
I'm a plus-sized woman. Just my two cents but sure, we should all be able to dress as we please and feel comfortable in our skin... But there are other ways of getting that message heard, than just stripping to your undies.

Tbh I'd feel more comfy (in all senses) in bikini/undies if shops stocked more sizes that fit more people... (because IMO feeling comfortable helps build your self confidence ; it's not the case for everyone of course, but if you feel hella good in your bikini you don't give a fluying fuck if so-or-so thinks you're fat). Not because miss-i-actually-carry-hope-fletcher was strong enough to rip her shirt open on stage/so a photoshoot.

This is the other side to it that they don’t seem to actually address.
I don’t know if you’ve ever been into a Victoria’s Secret shop..... I’m a uk 34E bra size. A couple of years ago I went into a VS store with a friend and the shop assistants took one look at us when we walked in, decided nothing they stocked would fit either of us so pretended we didn’t exist. Even if I had boobs small enough to fit their weird sizing system, I wouldn’t give them my money because their customer service is so bad!
If more of the BP movement centred around how high street stores make clothes for ‘women’ who have 2% body fat and no one else, but clothes for men that are specific down to the centimetre regardless of size, blouses that assume the wearer doesn’t have any boobs so the chest gapes open at the buttons, even boots that assume that if you’ve got uk size 3 feet (like I do) you must have really skinny legs, and many more obvious, frustrating issues, I might actually get behind it.
But to me it just seems that a lot of plus-size women want to tell the world that they exist and they like food, which is fine, but it’s not helping the world at large, is it?

Lynndi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lynndi »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:58 am
Lynndi wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:41 am

This is the other side to it that they don’t seem to actually address.
I don’t know if you’ve ever been into a Victoria’s Secret shop..... I’m a uk 34E bra size. A couple of years ago I went into a VS store with a friend and the shop assistants took one look at us when we walked in, decided nothing they stocked would fit either of us so pretended we didn’t exist. Even if I had boobs small enough to fit their weird sizing system, I wouldn’t give them my money because their customer service is so bad!
If more of the BP movement centred around how high street stores make clothes for ‘women’ who have 2% body fat and no one else, but clothes for men that are specific down to the centimetre regardless of size, blouses that assume the wearer doesn’t have any boobs so the chest gapes open at the buttons, even boots that assume that if you’ve got uk size 3 feet (like I do) you must have really skinny legs, and many more obvious, frustrating issues, I might actually get behind it.
But to me it just seems that a lot of plus-size women want to tell the world that they exist and they like food, which is fine, but it’s not helping the world at large, is it?
YES! That's what annoys me so much. Sure all the influencers with the BP movement can't fight it all alone, but the clothing industry isn't actually changing all that much. Is that the point of all the plus-sized campaigns with women bouncing around in their undies... ? They can't find clothes on the highstreet that fit so we should just forget clothes all together ? :lol:

I went to H&M for some jeans. Went to their "plus size" section. Their skinny jeans had a large waist, sure, but they were just as skinny ad their regular collection. I couldn't get my forearm fully into the jeans (going up from the bottom) ... I mean what the hell ?

So many shops dismiss plus-sized people because they don't stock big enough sizes, and that's the sort of thing that causes self confidence issuses (personal opinion). Agree for the shoes, I really struggle but also because I have big feet and can never find my size in womens sections. It shouldn't take a week and 10 shops to find a basic pair of jeans that "fit".

But then you get all the "omg stop promoting obesity" crap. It's not promoting obesity. The mannequins in shops are not a healthy standard. Half the time they look anorexic and stretched out. But that's a big fight, it's not just up to Carrie, but I'd love to see her tackle the BP thing that way, rather than another "oH sO sExY" photoshoot.
#justiceformiles #cakegate2k19

Xxsugar-hun-peachXx
Debater
Debater

Post by Xxsugar-hun-peachXx »

Im all for body positive but i think carrie goes about it wrong posting pics of yourself in your underwear not personally for me theres other ways of spreading positivity... she mostly posts underwear pics for herself more than anything as i expect this photo will be the same...

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Ellie1003
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ellie1003 »

Omg when will she get the message? It’s not her body that there is a problem with? It’s her granny haircut and shit glasses!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”