Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

cleopop
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by cleopop »

Found this thread today after I was shocked by her reply to a comment on Instagram.

I suggested that a new product costing £15, replacing an old version priced at £2.50, was profit driven. She called me 'rude' and presumptious'! The new product is also less functional.

It may not mean anything to her as she clearly doesn't pay for this brand's products, but since when were consumers not allowed to point out things like this? How can you be 'rude' to a brand??

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

cleopop wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 am
Found this thread today after I was shocked by her reply to a comment on Instagram.

I suggested that a new product costing £15, replacing an old version priced at £2.50, was profit driven. She called me 'rude' and presumptious'! The new product is also less functional.

It may not mean anything to her as she clearly doesn't pay for this brand's products, but since when were consumers not allowed to point out things like this? How can you be 'rude' to a brand??
That was so uncalled for and unprofessional on her end. Just because you, a consumer who pays full price for a product, do not agree with her, who’s paid or at least given free products from the brand...you must be wrong and deserve to be called out. Maybe the product really was replaced based on feedback, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to like it or shut up about it :roll: I understand that there are plenty of sheep who rush out to buy whatever she advertises, but I can’t believe brands take this woman seriously. There’s a fine line between being frank and plain nasty.

cleopop
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cleopop »

I hadn’t even pointed out that her statement to someone else about the product size was incorrect as it’s now massively diluted...god knows what she’d have called me if I had!

Still it’s led me to question why I follow bulldog influencers like her and twentysomething beauty journalists who must earn peanuts but are permanently on vacation and can somehow afford to buy property in Chelsea through their own hard work. Yeah right.

SammieG
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SammieG »

Not surprised she called you names. She's been presumptuous and rude for years. If the thread name fits... The Obnoxious Oversized Child Hirons lol.

Mrs Smith
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mrs Smith »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:12 pm
^^ If she's had Botox then any skincare advice from her now means NOTHING. (Not like it did before but)
Honestly why do ppl still listen to this woman?!?
I guess she had a change of heart. She was always clear about her disdain for botox saying things like "why would you put that in your face" etc etc. She positions herself as such an authority on EVERYTHING - not just skincare. Always so self-righteous and correct.

I could go on for hours the number of times shes proven herself to be a total hypocrite. but for now id just like to get up on my own soap box about two things. First of all she PERSECUTES any form of wipes. She hates them. Horror - they are so damaging!! And anyone who uses them has to be a complete moron. (its mostly the Americans who are THAT stupid ). What is wrong with a wipe when used for removing makeup and then followed with another cleanse! She uses pads for crissake! What is the difference???????????????? Her exfoliating AHA pads are no less scratchy and abrasive than my Costco face wipes.

The second thing is Clarisonic. They do not damage your skin when used properly. And they are not a breeding ground for bacteria that you then spread all over your face. When you finish using it, rinse it and let it dry. Dont let it fester in a pool of water - i agree that is gross but thats not the Clarisonics fault - thats the dumbass who doesnt know how to use it. Why does a Clarisonic brush have more bacteria than makeup brushes? All it has on it is C L E A N S E R. Its getting cleansed every time you use it. I bet she doesnt wash her makeup brushes every time. Im willing to put money on that.

Dont be hating on my wipes and clarisonic just beause there are stupid people out there who dont know how to use them. Hate the player not the game. That is all.

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

I am sorry but this is a joke. How the f. can they have her hosting a section about perfect skin when she looks like that. I will never get over the IRONY of having her preaching about good skin or grooming in general.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Honestly it's akin to a morbidly obese person giving dietary advice.

But hey, the world is filled with this shit. Gotta love those doctors and nurses stood outside the hospital smoking like chimneys.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Post by Guest »

Her skin is dragging down with her lies and hypocrisy

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

That blonde hair is atrocious. I would peg her as 60 years old. I recall one video of hers where she was trying to show a face massage. She was kneeding her face like bread dough; I couldn't watch for more than 10 seconds (in horror).

pksanne
Debater
Debater

Post by pksanne »

Guys, it is so frustrating to read that there many other people like myself who followed her advise and their skin got way worse. About 5 or 6 years ago when all the gleam people like pixiwoo were constantly plugging her, I was an 18 year old with a few spots. Following her seriously horrible advice (Clinique take the day off balm, Clarins acid toner, NO SUNSCREEN ffs) honestly ruined my skin which erupted in full-blown acne. All the overpriced, fragranced, alcohol-laden product she shills are so bad for the skin. She continues to spread misinformation. Back then she used to say it was ok to get your SPF from your foundation (obv never heard of UVA, or how much sunscreen you need to apply) and I remember recently she thought an article about how SPF does more bad than good was interesting???? She is such a joke. Also, how can she look like that even after so many expensive products, procedures, and filler? And how can she endorse getting a tan in 2019

dreamhaus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreamhaus »

Look at her skin and her LinkedIn, it says all you need to know about Ms Horin's capabilities. She's a shill and obnoxious know nothing know-it-all.

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

Japp. She is no expert whatsoever, she is only a glorified SALESWOMAN.

If you want to laugh and see how other EXPERTS cringe at her crap advice then watch this live chat. Notice how Dr Sam bunting and Theresa Tarmey are absolutely horrified by CH advice. You can watch the whole thing if you've got time sinsce it is quite amusing, otherwise skip to 37:00.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I love Dr Sam and I trust her a lot, I'm glad she doesn't like Caroline lol.
but it's bad that Pixiwoos like her so much though, maybe she paid them?

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

Evil_robot wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:10 am
I think they are represented by the same agency of something like that. Thats why Ruth Crilly, Pixiwoo and CH are all love and friends (they probably try to potentiate or promote eachother). Luckily, Sam Bunting is a professional and doesn't have to do that.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

gemh94 wrote:
Evil_robot wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:10 am
I think they are represented by the same agency of something like that. Thats why Ruth Crilly, Pixiwoo and CH are all love and friends (they probably try to potentiate or promote eachother). Luckily, Sam Bunting is a professional and doesn't have to do that.
Yep, I think they’re all at Gleam. Lily Pebbles & Anna too. They all LOVE each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pksanne
Debater
Debater

Post by pksanne »

Ok, Caroline has a new blog post on SPF that seems actually reasonable. I am glad she posted it but it shows once again she doesn't acknowledge that she was shilling wrong advice for so long. Also, do any of you guys follow Carolines BFF Nadine Baggot? She is slightly more tolerable and looks better for her age but I have noticed she has also turned into an absolute sellout. She has the same know it all attitude as Caroline and sometimes refers to herself as a scientist(wtf) but is promoting any brand that pays her even if it completely contracts previous advice. Also whenever she has guests on her channel she constantly interrupts them and tries to still force her opinion on them. I feel she deserves her own thread

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

pksanne wrote:Ok, Caroline has a new blog post on SPF that seems actually reasonable. I am glad she posted it but it shows once again she doesn't acknowledge that she was shilling wrong advice for so long. Also, do any of you guys follow Carolines BFF Nadine Baggot? She is slightly more tolerable and looks better for her age but I have noticed she has also turned into an absolute sellout. She has the same know it all attitude as Caroline and sometimes refers to herself as a scientist(wtf) but is promoting any brand that pays her even if it completely contracts previous advice. Also whenever she has guests on her channel she constantly interrupts them and tries to still force her opinion on them. I feel she deserves her own thread
Yes I follow her. She’s so annoying when she interrupts her guests! She seems totally oblivious.

I think she did a science degree but that doesn’t make you a scientist anymore than a law degree makes you a lawyer! Image

She’s knowledgeable though and I do quite like her. She’s been more up front about what she’s had done too! Although Caroline is having to be now also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I agree that Nadine is a frustrating interviewer and she comes off a bit snarky with her pal Jo, but I guess that is just their "banter". Worst mean girl and know it all is Sali Hughes though, who is in no way humble and can't just let her guest shine, instead SHE had to have used every product for yonks etc. She also has a controversy of getting the previous Guardian beauty editor (and the first big UK beauty youtuber) sacked because she thought she could do better. She can't as every article is just an ego boost and irrelvant headshot, followed by very subjective sentances on undisclosed PR.

All in all I've grown tired of a lot of skincare gurus, they shill and talk as if they have more knowledge than the average consumer, and are quite stubborn. The dismissal of animal and environmental rights is awful in this day and age. I know they like to say they recycle, but honestly most of these plastics and other packaging is not universally accepted by recycling plants, and the idea that plastic recycling somehow is the ultimate soloution is terribly misguided.

annapolly
Debater
Debater

Post by annapolly »

rainwouldbenice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 am
I agree that Nadine is a frustrating interviewer and she comes off a bit snarky with her pal Jo, but I guess that is just their "banter". Worst mean girl and know it all is Sali Hughes though, who is in no way humble and can't just let her guest shine, instead SHE had to have used every product for yonks etc. She also has a controversy of getting the previous Guardian beauty editor (and the first big UK beauty youtuber) sacked because she thought she could do better. She can't as every article is just an ego boost and irrelvant headshot, followed by very subjective sentances on undisclosed PR.

All in all I've grown tired of a lot of skincare gurus, they shill and talk as if they have more knowledge than the average consumer, and are quite stubborn. The dismissal of animal and environmental rights is awful in this day and age. I know they like to say they recycle, but honestly most of these plastics and other packaging is not universally accepted by recycling plants, and the idea that plastic recycling somehow is the ultimate soloution is terribly misguided.
Wait who did Sali Hughes get sacked?!
As for Caroline - recent drama with Drunk Elephant. I couldn’t care less about either of them but I’ve found it hilarious because I’m in the Nadine Baggot Facebook group as so many middle aged women are calling CH a Queen and saying she responded so well to a R&D guy from DE being negative about Saint Caroline.
judging u

Post by Guest »

annapolly wrote:
rainwouldbenice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 am

Wait who did Sali Hughes get sacked?!
As for Caroline - recent drama with Drunk Elephant. I couldn’t care less about either of them but I’ve found it hilarious because I’m in the Nadine Baggot Facebook group as so many middle aged women are calling CH a Queen and saying she responded so well to a R&D guy from DE being negative about Saint Caroline.
Supposedly she wrote a letter to the editor of the Gusrdian slagging off Lauren and saying how she could do better. Which considering she claims to be a feminist is a bit hypocritical, especially since Lauren was self made and didn't have the luxury to build herself up with the aid of boyfriend connections and well known makeup artists (or whatever her faux urchin story is this month). Sali doesn't want to be seen on the same level as every other influencer, and claims to be a journalist... so she likely thought she was more elite and deserving. The Guardian beauty column really could be so much better. They don't even show non stock photos of products, Sali's column is just a head shot that has nothing to do with the PR she is shilling, a lot of which is terribly expensive and plastic packaged. And it's not like she is even demonstrating the products.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”