Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill Rant Thread #1

Post by drasticactions »

That long polka dot dress is just awful, I get it is meant to be flowey and comfortable but surely you can find a comfortable dress that doesn't look like grandma's nightgown/house coat.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

^she talks about ventilation, wafting, air circulation or pockets on dresses (can't remember if that dress had pockets but irritating all the same) allllllll the time in so many videos.
YES WE KNOW IT'S HOT

Also, not 2 days after posting a video in which she was sickened by the number of designer bags she has, "I'm thinking of getting the cream By Far mock croc bag, because I feel this blazer only goes with that (or whatever she said)" OMG...

I'm also sure that my grandmother has housedresses that are far nicer than Emma's spotty sack :D

Post by Guest »

Just looking at Emma’s social media, it struck me - Emma does not feel sexy or attractive.

She has a banging body (!) and she used to have beautiful hair. She has legs to die for. Yet her style is “frumpy & 50”. From her helmet “Bob” to her Mom Jeans.

IMHO - and I say this with so much love - she needs to connect or re-connect with her femininity, sexuality and fecundity.

Having some sassy, sexy female friends might help. She’s wasting her youth! I’d soon shake her up if we were friends.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

AgnesP wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:36 am
Just looking at Emma’s social media, it struck me - Emma does not feel sexy or attractive.

She has a banging body (!) and she used to have beautiful hair. She has legs to die for. Yet her style is “frumpy & 50”. From her helmet “Bob” to her Mom Jeans.

IMHO - and I say this with so much love - she needs to connect or re-connect with her femininity, sexuality and fecundity.

Having some sassy, sexy female friends might help. She’s wasting her youth! I’d soon shake her up if we were friends.
Does anyone know what the deal with her friend Debs is?

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Rambling on about having to size up in Sézane. Emma, it is a bloody French brand! They do French sizing and fits! And you are not a French-bodied woman :-).

She is there to 'sell' the brand and obviously the up-sizing is not a very good selling point, that is why she is making such a song and dance about it.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

And 90 punds for that ill-fitting polka dot shirt is just way too much.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

Poopettemetis wrote:
AgnesP wrote:

I recently followed her on IG... She seems quite open and comes across as a "relatable" influencer (lots of posts about dating, mental health, pet's health issues etc), plus a lot of the items she advertises/links are from more affordable high street brands. Seems to be quite sociable and often posts about meeting friends (including Emma). In a vlog some time ago I think Emma said she lives quite a distance from her so maybe that's why she doesn't seem to feature that often? Having said that, watching some of her older vlogs made me feel uncomfortable for Debs as she really came across as rather condescending. Much like the way she interacts with Simon, I know she says that's their banter and their sense of humour, but it all comes across a bit rude to me.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

Squishypotato wrote:This week's vlog: " it's really hot but I'm wearing jeans because all my lightweight chinos and shorts are in the wash"........ come on we've all seen the closet videos, surely there's at least 1 pair of shorts she could have picked instead :roll:
:tu:
Yeah and also she had just vlogged her whole week of outfits including pjs so we know she hadn’t worn many of those through that week. Just say “I wanted to wear jeans” and move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Squishypotato wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:
AgnesP wrote:

I recently followed her on IG... She seems quite open and comes across as a "relatable" influencer (lots of posts about dating, mental health, pet's health issues etc), plus a lot of the items she advertises/links are from more affordable high street brands. Seems to be quite sociable and often posts about meeting friends (including Emma). In a vlog some time ago I think Emma said she lives quite a distance from her so maybe that's why she doesn't seem to feature that often? Having said that, watching some of her older vlogs made me feel uncomfortable for Debs as she really came across as rather condescending. Much like the way she interacts with Simon, I know she says that's their banter and their sense of humour, but it all comes across a bit rude to me
Yep she is definitely using "banter" as an excuses to be rude and condescending, so she can feel superior to her surroundings and relieve her anxiety a bit.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I watched an early vlog of her and her mom going to Venice and she was so condescending to her mom in that. Emma actually looked really good in it, her hair was longer and she dressed really nicely. She looked young and cool still back then, more like someone who was fashionable and you'd want advice from. Though I have to admit I do love her mom and was annoyed she was basically making fun of her mom ther whole time.

meowvelous
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by meowvelous »

drasticactions wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:58 am
I watched an early vlog of her and her mom going to Venice and she was so condescending to her mom in that. Emma actually looked really good in it, her hair was longer and she dressed really nicely. She looked young and cool still back then, more like someone who was fashionable and you'd want advice from. Though I have to admit I do love her mom and was annoyed she was basically making fun of her mom ther whole time.
I never watched that vlog, but now I'm tempted to see what she was like back then. Sounds like she has really changed a lot. I'm always shocked to see old photos of her with long hair.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

I really liked her when she first started on YT, as you guys have pointed out she looked a lot better then..I loved her slightly longer hair with the curls. She also seemed a lot more genuine then..and less patronising all the time!
I do have to say that she and Simon do put in effort into their videos (quality of editing, production etc)..even if she does get boring at times.

Post by Guest »

Annnnd....she's gone and had botox. I don't understand why she feels she needs it, and I really don't think it will solve her mental health struggles.
I sincerely hope she is happy with the results (everyone deserves to feel good about themselves) but I feel it's a band-aid, not an actual solution to her low self-esteem and depression.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

whaaaaat!!! i haven't seen her recent videos. is it very noticeable? so begins the slippery slope... hope she doesn't end up with lip and cheek fillers like all the other cookie cutter influenzas.

*Botox and panelling are giving me LEM vibes again! oh noooooooo

Post by Guest »

It's in the vlog she uploaded today. The video ended on Sunday with her saying she will be having botox in the morning (so, yesterday/ Monday the 5th). No picture or insta-story with her new look that I can find since then, so presumably we will see the new look in her next vlog. Unless she posts on Insta in the meantime and we get a sneak peek.

You're right, it would be awful if she went down a slippery slope of 'correcting' her features.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

^i was curious and went and looked at her IG, and her latest post is of her buying ben and jerrys dairy free ice cream.... if you scroll through the comments, she says she "can't have dairy" anymore and alludes to waiting for a blood test for coeliac disease (in response to a comment about having coeliac disease). Fair enough if she truly is lactose intolerant, or has coeliac disease. However in the "veganuary" week last year she clearly stated she'd never had oatly before and was obviously drinking regular dairy (and eating halloumi!) up until then. And we've all seen the burgers, sandwiches and other gluten filled things she eats...Even her beloved Oatly is not 100% gluten free, so she'd better hope she's not actually gluten intolerant.

Also coeliac disease is a real and very serious disease, with implications far beyond "feeling bloated and fatigued" and is associated with numerous other autoimmune conditions. It annoys me to no end that influenzas go "gluten free" and go on and on about this without a formal diagnosis, because they think their intolerances make them special or endearing.
it ISN'T a fad or a trend!

I hope whatever new dietary limitations she is placing on herself (" Emma can't eat fish, red meat"...etcetc) are medically warranted and not a manifestation of an eating disorder or her other mental health issues.

Post by Guest »

Absolutely concur that coeliac is a real disease with symptoms that go well beyond bloating, and I'm forever irritated by influenzas who self-diagnose food intolerances.

However, Emma did address this on the vlog as well, saying she had a blood test to check for dairy and gluten intolerances. I think she said she's waiting on the results for both (or maybe I missed that she was already diagnosed with a dairy/lactose intolerance?) So, in this instance, it's not a case of her deciding she has an issue; she has gone to get an actual medical opinion on her tummy issues.

I should also add that I quite like how open and honest she's being about the botox. Other influencers often just get these injectibles surreptitiously and only address it when they get backlash. It's good that she's honestly expressing her concerns and documenting the process as she embarks upon it. Credit where it's due, even if I don't personally agree with the choice.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato »

Ahh! Clearly I need to catch up with the latest vlog then lol.
Agree, it is nice to see her openly disclose this rather than pretend like some others.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I wonder if it Is just Irritable bowel. Anxiety can trigger that/ make it worse and that could explain her tummy issues. I'm glad she's getting tested but considering her anxiety recently that could be part of it. And if that's what's going on I totally sympathize with her, bc that's the worst when you are already anxious/panicy and feel scared to leave the house having bowel issues really doesn't help with the desire to go out. She said she"s going to be a bridesmaid I wonder how she will handle that, can't skip the wedding when you are a bridesmaid unless you are really sick.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

2xblended wrote: No picture or insta-story with her new look that I can find since then, so presumably we will see the new look in her next vlog. Unless she posts on Insta in the meantime and we get a sneak peek
Well there will be no „new look“. Botox is not fillers - there won’t be any visible results (only when she actively moves her face). But Botox only starts working a few days after the procedure anyways. Hence it would be useless to post about it on SM right after.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”