Post by frozenhalloweencandy »

Wait, where did they talk about debt? I missed this

doomloop
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by doomloop »

In a recent podcast where they talked about the car crash, they mentioned that they had just paid off a bunch of their credit card debt right before the crash.

I was listening to an old episode from about a month ago and Rachel was talking about how she thinks she’d really benefit from a 9-5 job to help with her mental health and routine. Ugh, then go out and get a job! Also, I cannot believe she got a fucking Cricut machine. Those things excluding the supplies are expensive. Seems like she got the machine to cut out her stickers? She even said she’ll only be printing the stickers when there’s an order, and I highly doubt there’s a huge volume of them. So I just don’t get why she can’t freaking hand cut them, it doesn’t take THAT long.

frozenhalloweencandy
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by frozenhalloweencandy »

I miss the good ole days of this girls content. Remember chris’s YouTube channel? I don’t think anyone cared enough about him to reupload those videos but man... I just recall his face being WHITE like Rachel had obviously done his makeup.

Also does anyone else remember her tumblr that was like a beauty guru spoof??

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

frozenhalloweencandy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 pm
I miss the good ole days of this girls content. Remember chris’s YouTube channel? I don’t think anyone cared enough about him to reupload those videos but man... I just recall his face being WHITE like Rachel had obviously done his makeup.

Yeah, she told that she tried to conceal his pimples :D but actually he had a shit ton of foundation on his face.

Everything is gone... her channel, her tumblr, her website. I rewatch her old videos and I realize when she made the wrong turn. Rachel of 2012-13 was entertaining and then freaking Seattle happened. Things changed forever, Rachel became lazy, anxious and just bland. And became "trendy" in terms of talking about mental illnesses and sexuality all the time.

apollo-veggie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by apollo-veggie »

lmao she's so bloody defensive about wiping her youtube channel it's insane. someone will mention it in passing and she comes out guns blazing about how yt was bad for her mental health etc etc. she's perfectly entitled to do or not do youtube but at least let people say they miss your videos like take the damn compliment. it bothers me that she didn't at least leave them there for people to watch but it's her decision at the end of the day i suppose.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Let's clear this up once and for all.....what is the absolute maximum Rachel can be making from her Etsy shop/art Patreon/the podcast? I can't believe Chris is just fine basically carrying 99% of the expenses.

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

24601 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:59 am
Let's clear this up once and for all.....what is the absolute maximum Rachel can be making from her Etsy shop/art Patreon/the podcast? I can't believe Chris is just fine basically carrying 99% of the expenses.
And 99% of the work for that matter. I think my head almost spun around when I heard them say that Chris does all the editing for the podcasts, handles the ads/sponsorships/etc., and she made that comment while doing the ~ad~ for her own shop like "I can't believe chris won't let me reuse an ad from last week and is making me record this again," REALLY? Chris actually works a real job and also has to do all the work for their podcast??? Because she's too busy doing middle school skill level paintings?? And they literally just play the same audible ad every week, or others that are prerecorded and edited in....Is it really too much work to SAY A SENTENCE AND GET PAID FOR IT? I can't, y'all.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Extrasoda wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah, she told that she tried to conceal his pimples :D but actually he had a shit ton of foundation on his face.

Everything is gone... her channel, her tumblr, her website. I rewatch her old videos and I realize when she made the wrong turn. Rachel of 2012-13 was entertaining and then freaking Seattle happened. Things changed forever, Rachel became lazy, anxious and just bland. And became "trendy" in terms of talking about mental illnesses and sexuality all the time.

How are you able to watch her old videos?

daydreamer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by daydreamer »

Nothing like them complaining for an hour straight and Rachel talking about her health issues that she won’t disclose on the pod but will constantly reference

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

daydreamer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:21 am
Nothing like them complaining for an hour straight and Rachel talking about her health issues that she won’t disclose on the pod but will constantly reference
Bless your soul for still listening. What was on the complaint list this time.

I've noticed in her insta bio Rachel has "podcast host" but no longer links the pod.

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

rosesandroses wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm
Extrasoda wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:56 pm

How are you able to watch her old videos?
I downloaded some of her vids from waybackmachine and posted a link here some months ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9da76jb2sem5 ... 5BHoa?dl=0

I also have some of her tutorials, but didn't upload them to dropbox. But I don't have videos of Chris :)

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair »

daydreamer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:21 am
I really think she's making a lot of this up to feed into her victim complex. I couldn't believe on the last pod when she said that she learned that lack of sleep can exacerbate her anxiety. She's been in therapy for how long and is just now figuring this out? Unbelievable. I also had to laugh out loud when they said to talk to a doctor before taking melatonin and described what it does. It's melatonin- who doesn't know what that is?!

badhairspray
Informer
Informer

Post by badhairspray »

So I noticed that on one of her videos where she's doing a time lapse or whatever and you can see her hands.. that her knuckles are pretty dark. This is commonly a sign of prediabetes. I don't really keep up with Rachel's podcast anymore, has she mentioned anything related to this?

Butterball222
Talker
Talker

Post by Butterball222 »

badhairspray wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm
So I noticed that on one of her videos where she's doing a time lapse or whatever and you can see her hands.. that her knuckles are pretty dark. This is commonly a sign of prediabetes. I don't really keep up with Rachel's podcast anymore, has she mentioned anything related to this?

I haven’t kept up with her for a long time, basically once she stopped YouTube (had continued hate watching her videos after the Seattle move and she changed for the worse). But it seems like maybe the prediabetes could be the source of these heath issues she talks about?

Post by Guest »

Looks like the podcast is officially ending at the end of September. Chris got a big promotion at work in a managerial type role and it is much more time consuming for him. That’s really good for him, go Chris!

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Wow, well I guess that's it then.

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

Maybe if she didn't manage to make Chris do all of the actual work for the podcast (editing, coming up with ~~binch time bullshit, getting sponsorships) and stopped pretending like she works a real job, it wouldn't be so overwhelming for him. They sit and chat for an hour once a week. There is no real content. I don't blame Chris one bit for not wanting to do it and I'm happy for him and his promotion. It's just more of her classic lazy bullshit.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Walking Pharmacy wrote:Maybe if she didn't manage to make Chris do all of the actual work for the podcast (editing, coming up with ~~binch time bullshit, getting sponsorships) and stopped pretending like she works a real job, it wouldn't be so overwhelming for him. They sit and chat for an hour once a week. There is no real content. I don't blame Chris one bit for not wanting to do it and I'm happy for him and his promotion. It's just more of her classic lazy bullshit.
This is so accurate. She has plenty of time to do all of the podcast work and all of her “art work” too. I’m sure Chris could spare an hour if all he had to do was chat, but it’s so inconsiderate of Rachel to make him do all of the work on it over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

Not to mention the only reason her art is semi successful is because of her social media presence and persona. It’s only her “binches” buying art. She should have taken that podcast as a way of client retention and invested her time accordingly. It’s literally for HER business. Chris has an income.

But as usual, Rachel has to take Chris’ success as her own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollyb14
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollyb14 »

I guess they finally ran out of BuzzFeed quizzes and “things the chunks would be.”

I’m seeing #twitchisoverparty trending on twitter. Could this affect his job??

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”