Colleen "Yaaay I'm not pregnant anymore" Mommager Part 6

ohhhmydarling
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colleen "Yaaay I'm not pregnant anymore" Mommager Part 6

Post by ohhhmydarling »

Whhhhhhhhy did she have to do a "reverse mukbang" while pumping? Just why? Nobody wants to see you pump. Nobody cares. We get it. You're a mom.

Also, I'm actually not a fan of political correctness and believe people should be given grace in most instances, but I hate the way she is so "whatever" about the proper pronunciation of mukbang and I especially hate her bastardizing what it means so she can gloat about being a mom for the 12 millionth time. In Korean, it means "eating show"; a hybrid of the verb "to eat" and the word "broadcast". What she did is talk while pumping breast milk in ugly (on her) glasses she doesn't need.

jac9
Talker
Talker

Post by jac9 »

ohhhmydarling wrote:Whhhhhhhhy did she have to do a "reverse mukbang" while pumping? Just why? Nobody wants to see you pump. Nobody cares. We get it. You're a mom.

Also, I'm actually not a fan of political correctness and believe people should be given grace in most instances, but I hate the way she is so "whatever" about the proper pronunciation of mukbang and I especially hate her bastardizing what it means so she can gloat about being a mom for the 12 millionth time. In Korean, it means "eating show"; a hybrid of the verb "to eat" and the word "broadcast". What she did is talk while pumping breast milk in ugly (on her) glasses she doesn't need.
I clicked on the video and as soon as she explained what she meant by reverse mukbang I rolled my eyes so far back. Bitch, we get it you breastfeed. WE GET IT!! It’s such a lazy video, not that she goes above and beyond for her other ones, but acting like it’s revolutionary is so annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostmytoaster
Learner
Learner

Re: Colleen

Post by ghostmytoaster »

jac9 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:04 pm
ohhhmydarling wrote:Whhhhhhhhy did she have to do a "reverse mukbang" while pumping? Just why? Nobody wants to see you pump. Nobody cares. We get it. You're a mom.

I clicked on the video and as soon as she explained what she meant by reverse mukbang I rolled my eyes so far back. Bitch, we get it you breastfeed. WE GET IT!! It’s such a lazy video, not that she goes above and beyond for her other ones, but acting like it’s revolutionary is so annoying.

I'm so glad I didn't see this shit. I couldn't even get 3 minutes into the video "Making Rosanna drink my breastmilk" or cookies and breast milk, whatever the hell it was.

jac9
Talker
Talker

Post by jac9 »

ghostmytoaster wrote:
jac9 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm so glad I didn't see this shit. I couldn't even get 3 minutes into the video "Making Rosanna drink my breastmilk" or cookies and breast milk, whatever the hell it was.
I couldn’t watch the other one. It’s just she’s so obnoxious about it. All of a sudden she’s a pioneer for everything motherhood. Image

Zomgshields
Informer
Informer

Post by Zomgshields »

that reverse mugbang was so dumb your audience is most likely 90% young kids they aren’t going to wanna see you do that for 30 minutes this was most likely she needed to post a video because she barely post anymore and this was super easy to do 😐
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

I was not a successful breast feeder so I'm genuinely curious. Is it common to pump hardly any milk after 20 minutes of pumping? How do women get ahead and have so much stored at that rate? Stressful. I remember that was what made me stop. I was producing scant amounts per session but didn't think it happened when breastfeeding was going well.

Anyway, that's part of what made the "mukbang" seem extra silly. She was answering boring questions and seemed to just want us to see her boobs while telling us not to care about her boobs. Um, girl, they are propped up in our face. I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather watch her breast feed than pump. Both would be annoying because she's so damn annoying about it but she really was not impressing anyone. It could have been a clever thing if it was anyone else. I think I just dislike Colleen that much at this point. Anything she does will annoy me.

Her weight loss definitely seemed too rapid. I was hoping she would see how healthy she looked before. Honest to God she looked great one day after he was born. I don't want to body shame because some people are naturally skinny but she eludes to weird eating habits all the time. I feel like I can see under her skin because it's getting down to the bone.

I felt genuinely bad for her when she mentioned picking at her skin. That's serious and indicates major anxiety. I don't know what to think. I just want her to wake up and be a good mom for Flynn. I can't stand that she keeps lugging him state to state. It's like she wants to have it all even if it's at his expense. Most entertainers have nannies because ultimately it's better for the children to have a routine even if it's not always with mom. That's the way it is.

a5adams
Learner
Learner

Post by a5adams »

bagelslut wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 am
Anyone else catch Colleen's latest instastory rant?
She's basically complaining that people are making second instagram accounts for their photography, or making their photos look grainy like film, then complains that the photos aren't even good and makes fun of them being trendy. It's 100% shade towards David Dobrik even though she said it isn't. And even if it's not aimed at him, why the hell do you care Colleen. It's instagram, stop taking it so seriously and looking down on other people because you "grew up with disposable cameras". You didn't invent them, did you? Other people are allowed to like the look.

Also, her mom shtick is getting so irritating. She blames everything she does and says on being a mom. She says she's "old and a mom now so I don't get what's trendy". Colleen, you're a 30-something year old woman that grew up in the 90s- you understand some trends, you understand basic technology. You are not an old crusty grandma. It's like she thinks because she passed a child through her birth canal, she's aged 20 years and is able to disassociate herself from being a milennial.
If I hear her say "whippersnapper" unironically one more time, something in me is going to snap and whip.
Yeah, I don't follow Colleen on IG but I happened to watch her Instagram story about the 2nd instagram accounts for photography. She has too much time on her hands if she's going to complain about that. Seriously, who cares? Maybe she's jealous because people have more free time (since having Flynn) than her to focus on doing stuff they enjoy. I've watched Colleen on Youtube off and on for the past year. She strikes me as someone who is very needy and a narcissist.

theantiblair
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theantiblair »

I hate how she always brings up the skin-picking and says it’s SO WEIRD AND GROSS and then in the same breath says that she’s only bringing it up so she can help those out there who are going through the same thing.

Your young viewers who are suffering with the same behavior do not benefit from you calling their serious condition “weird” and “gross”.

Smileykt89
Talker
Talker

Post by Smileykt89 »

theantiblair wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 pm
I hate how she always brings up the skin-picking and says it’s SO WEIRD AND GROSS and then in the same breath says that she’s only bringing it up so she can help those out there who are going through the same thing.

Your young viewers who are suffering with the same behavior do not benefit from you calling their serious condition “weird” and “gross”.

And I assume she’s not doing anything to address it? I can’t watch her anymore. But if she wants to benefit her viewers then she should show herself taking steps to fix the problems that are causing her to pick at her skin.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

Smileykt89 wrote:
theantiblair wrote:

And I assume she’s not doing anything to address it? I can’t watch her anymore. But if she wants to benefit her viewers then she should show herself taking steps to fix the problems that are causing her to pick at her skin.
She said she’s been going to therapy but it hasn’t helped.

She did this same thing of “helping” people with feelings about stretch marks and loose skin by calling her own body gross and disgusting. She acts all woke but she’s just reinforcing negative feelings in people that have the same “gross” issues as her.

Post by Guest »

pious wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:04 am
Smileykt89 wrote:
theantiblair wrote:

She said she’s been going to therapy but it hasn’t helped.

She did this same thing of “helping” people with feelings about stretch marks and loose skin by calling her own body gross and disgusting. She acts all woke but she’s just reinforcing negative feelings in people that have the same “gross” issues as her.

This is so true - this is exactly what has been angering me about he recently. A while ago she went on about how she was frustrated with herself because she couldn't love her own body during pregnancy, but she explained that she loves other bigger woman's bodies and 'everybody is beautiful'. But after the pregnancy she talked about how her body was RUINED thanks to stretch marks (which a lot of women have due to non-pregnancy related growing/puberty). She showed her fans that her pregnancy was miserable, she hated her larger body, she felt disgusting being larger, and that her post-pregnancy body is 'ruined'. That's such harmful language and I think it's more damaging than she may think.

A lot of people in her comments go on about how 'she is allowed to feel how she feels' and 'how about let her express her feelings' but they seem to forget she has a very large, primarily young, very impressionable audience who may consciously or unconsciously internalise the things she says. She is contributing to the problem, she is perpetuating this idea that women's bodies are 'destroyed' after child birth because they change shape/texture/size. I think she has some really deep and worrying body image issues that I really hope she works on in therapy.

In terms of the skin-picking, the way she is talking about it is saturated with self loathing and it is really unhelpful for those who also have the condition. As someone who is currently in therapy for OCD and has skin-picking disorder, it's actually really jarring to hear someone talk about it with such disgust.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

There’s no way this will last beyond Flynn’s 5th birthday.

Zyabazyaba
Learner
Learner

Post by Zyabazyaba »

RegularToe wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:41 am

Agreed. If you arguing what both of you should eat do you even meant to be together? :D
Also I don’t believe her in this video. She just thinks it’s cute and quirky.
And stop with poop talk and burping! O my God! Stooop. Where could I sign a petition to stop this?

binchplz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by binchplz »

RegularToe wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:41 am

Holy shit. There's no way she's serious about not knowing most of these. The baby act is so off-putting. I wonder if moments like these that makes him realize he's rushed into this relationship.

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alexandriablue »

It doesn't matter if you can't stay awake during a movie...do you...go outside? Go on any kind of social media? See advertisements or magazines? Talk to people? How do you not know who George Clooney is? I don't buy it.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

alexandriablue wrote:It doesn't matter if you can't stay awake during a movie...do you...go outside? Go on any kind of social media? See advertisements or magazines? Talk to people? How do you not know who George Clooney is? I don't buy it.
They may be mirroring Jenna & Julien (Julien doesn’t know any actors/his pop culture IQ is v low). But it’s not Jenna and Julien who have a lot of similar interests and are integrated as a couple. I don’t know anything about these two as a couple except they fell in love while married/taken and had a kid. If we knew anything about them and their dynamic this would be cute but instead it just looks like KOH-LEAN has no media literacy or culture outside of musical theater. Wow, what a look.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

She definitely knows who Ariana Grande is though ;)
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

shmimeathands
Learner
Learner

Post by shmimeathands »

That video just made it apparent that Erik thinks she’s an idiot. I’m curious as to what his attraction to her is, she’s not intelligent and her 10000 hang ups and personality flaws are probably exhausting as f***k for him. I wonder how long they will stay together “for the kids”. It is strange that he does seem to be a genuinely very thoughtful/selfless partner, I wonder if that’s just his default though and not really an indication of his feelings for her particularly

ghostmytoaster
Learner
Learner

Post by ghostmytoaster »

Guys, isn't she sooo quirky and cute, because she didn't know what end game...oops! AVENGERS end game was, isn't that just so funny and dIfFeRrEnt <3 …. :roll:

I could not even watch that video, they won't last, but damn does she get on my last nerve.

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

Colleen is such a damn fake. I'm sick to death of her. She probably doesn't know a lot of actors but they picked the most famous actors of all time and she was absolutely pretending. It's like they suck so bad at this that they didn't bother being subtle. It's more likely that she didn't know Ghandi and put that in there to seem like she is not fully ignorant. Something seemed especially contrived about her sneaking that in.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”