SongofStyle

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SongofStyle

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Actually I used to love her fashion weeks and her events vlogs. It's when she talks non stop about herself that I can't stand her. A good editor would do wonders for her. They would cut all the nonsense and keep the parts when she actually does something interesting. Her last fashion week vlogs was 10% fashion and 90% her moaning to the camera or her friends about nothing. :roll:

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

I agree, her handbag collection video was majorly cringeworthy. She treats her expensive handbags as if they all were cheap throwaway bags from H&M or something. It was appalling. She's also still so desperate with Jacopo. Why ask him which is his favorite handbag of hers? Does she think guys really care that much about their girlfriend's purses? Could she be any more self absorbed? No wonder he got bored and left her in the middle of the video.

adida
Learner
Learner

Post by adida »

I felt the same way about her handbag video! Those bags deserve better. Also I've never seen someone with such a dark closet; it's like a black hole in there. I thought Jacopo's cameo was pretty funny, though. Really bringing her down to earth haha. It would probably be insufferable if he were as bubbly as her.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Catching up with my socials after a while, is there a reason she didn't go to FW??

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Legit never heard her speak of the brand that sponsored her japan trip before ..

I'm not American but does it ever annoy American people to constantly hear about comparisons from privileged tourists like Ahhhhmieeee about how this would never happen in the US, this would be stolen, people here have manners or whatevr .. I hear that a lot right before they do something like be loud or dance around in a quiet public place like she did , lol .. Anyway, it's a bit annoying to me ..

Lemonites
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lemonites »

I came here solely to complain that her fashion week videos consist of her talking in the car, her talking in the hotel room, with tiny clips of actual outfits and shows here and there. I knew I wouldn't really like her when I first came across her because her voice has this awful, whiny "I'm an idiot" quality to it. Listening to what she has to say confirmed it. I had to stop watching after a few fashion week videos because she's so boring and unintelligent.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Cringe at her needing to include Jacopo in everything. . "Am I this" "am I that" - being overly affectionate with him on camera while he just sits there and doesn't reciprocate, even his body language is very meh .. the question about moving in, so funny, he really said that they would "potentially" move in- he can't say yes or no because he doesn't know.. how long have they been dating again?? Aimee os older than me and maybe she doest want children or a family or marriage idk if she's expressed wanting any of this but they've been together long enough to know they wanna move in no? Weird

sent from my nosey fingers

Post by Guest »

First time to write here.

I used to look up to Aimee so much but I’ve concluded after watching a lot of her videos that being an influencer for a long time has really gotten into her. She transformed into a vapid, shallow lady.No substance no interesting hobbies to talk about. Incredibly boring and monotone. And her relationship with Jacopo is major cringeworthy and I am concluding this after watching their recent video. Some men are just not showy or affectionate but Aimee was really pushing for it and I kept feeling bad for her. When they talked about marriage and moving in oh God it was so awkward. I just hope Aimee eventually finds her bliss and maybe becoming a mother would suit her. I don’t know I have no idea. All I know is that some people are just better off Instagram than youtube

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

I feel like influencers lose a bit or a lot of themselves when they become "famous".. Very few people seem grounded tbb

Sent by my nosey fingers

luluandlemons
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by luluandlemons »

I'm genuinely surprised to see how expensive her new line with Revolve is, considering most of the clothing are more than 90% polyester. I loved the branding and marketing of this entire campaign that this is honestly so disappointing. It really says a lot about her character that she will squeeze her fans dry and give shit quality knowing that they're buying it to support her. (Not shitting on quality but you don't need to pay $188 for a polyester trouser or $238 for a simple lace ruffle polyester dress.)

https://www.revolve.com/song-of-style-b ... &itview=01
https://www.revolve.com/song-of-style-l ... &itview=01

Alyia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Alyia »

Totally agree. I was just looking at the line and it's crazy expensive for what it is. Can't believe that anyone would buy it. I don't even like the styles, i think the clothing is just something you can take a picture on Instagram in but not wearable in a real life. But that's ok, everyone can like different things. But i really don't get why would you make polyester pieces that are not timeless at all this expensive.
Lately I have problems with listening to Aimee talking too, she's just really self absorbed, talking only about Jacopo or how many bags of snacks she eats and then showing off her fit body. Not a very good role model for young girls.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Alyia wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 pm
Totally agree. I was just looking at the line and it's crazy expensive for what it is. Can't believe that anyone would buy it. I don't even like the styles, i think the clothing is just something you can take a picture on Instagram in but not wearable in a real life. But that's ok, everyone can like different things. But i really don't get why would you make polyester pieces that are not timeless at all this expensive.
Lately I have problems with listening to Aimee talking too, she's just really self absorbed, talking only about Jacopo or how many bags of snacks she eats and then showing off her fit body. Not a very good role model for young girls.
I am surprised that someone who seems to care about the environment she does not care at all.

She is self absorbed, entitled and really insecure. The way she behave it screams insecurity.

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

I think a lot of people were really disappointed in her brand. It just goes to show really how she treats her fans. I can't believe people who can afford those prices are buying pieces made of PLASTIC. Especially for summer, that fabric won't let your skin breathe, it's painful even to think about it.
I was surprised she never addressed the choice of fabrics and where the clothes are produced. Turns out her caring about the environment is all just a big act to follow the trends.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Well in her new vlog that was filmed in May, she claims that she can't give you F21 prices because she wants to make sure the people at the factory are paid well..

She didn't address quality or fabric choice in the video

She just talked about the girls wearing her clothes.. Apparently everyone on the trip is someone she loves and admires..

Also Dani was there, I don't follow them on IG so this was a surprise for me.. She says she's 35 days sober and Aimee and Camila said they're proud of her.. If she had problems due to her drinking, I'm glad she's doing better and is able to be with her sister

Sent by my nosey fingers

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Alyia wrote:Totally agree. I was just looking at the line and it's crazy expensive for what it is. Can't believe that anyone would buy it. I don't even like the styles, i think the clothing is just something you can take a picture on Instagram in but not wearable in a real life. But that's ok, everyone can like different things. But i really don't get why would you make polyester pieces that are not timeless at all this expensive.
Wait. Aimees body is considered fit? Or do you mean fit as in looking good and not fit as in I workout and I'm fit toned?

Sent by my nosey fingers

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

n0seyneighbour wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:06 am
Well in her new vlog that was filmed in May, she claims that she can't give you F21 prices because she wants to make sure the people at the factory are paid well..

She just talked about the girls wearing her clothes.. Apparently everyone on the trip is someone she loves and admires..

Also Dani was there, I don't follow them on IG so this was a surprise for me.. She says she's 35 days sober and Aimee and Camila said they're proud of her.. If she had problems due to her drinking, I'm glad she's doing better and is able to be with her sister

Sent by my nosey fingers
Yeah, before and after the launch of the brand when they were gathering questions to answer about the clothes I sent mine concerning exactly those topics. None of them were selected to be answered. I hate that SOS is nowhere near transparent and her reasoning behind high prices are just words until she really tells us all where and how those clothes are produced. I seriously doubt it's anywhere where workers get a good salary. I honestly think that the high prices are due to an incredibly high margin to make more profit.

Also, do you see how fast everything SOS sells out? It's such an obvious marketing strategy to produce a little amount of different pieces just to be able to say that they sold out soooooo fast.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

inmensidad wrote:
n0seyneighbour wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:06 am

Sent by my nosey fingers
Yeah, before and after the launch of the brand when they were gathering questions to answer about the clothes I sent mine concerning exactly those topics. None of them were selected to be answered. I hate that SOS is nowhere near transparent and her reasoning behind high prices are just words until she really tells us all where and how those clothes are produced. I seriously doubt it's anywhere where workers get a good salary. I honestly think that the high prices are due to an incredibly high margin to make more profit.

Also, do you see how fast everything SOS sells out? It's such an obvious marketing strategy to produce a little amount of different pieces just to be able to say that they sold out soooooo fast.
They said her launch was the best in revolves history.. So I guess she's a money maker..

Sent by my nosey fingers

Alyia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Alyia »

n0seyneighbour wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:49 am
Wait. Aimees body is considered fit? Or do you mean fit as in looking good and not fit as in I workout and I'm fit toned?
Well I don't mean fit as in workout fit, but fit as in skinny.

One more thing about her brand. Have you seen the collection of Camila Coelho? I feel like they look both exactly the same. Not sure how much these girls were even involved in the creation of "their" brands. Maybe they just have a similar personal style, but I wouldn't be able to pick them apart.

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

Alyia wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:30 pm
n0seyneighbour wrote:

One more thing about her brand. Have you seen the collection of Camila Coelho? I feel like they look both exactly the same. Not sure how much these girls were even involved in the creation of "their" brands. Maybe they just have a similar personal style, but I wouldn't be able to pick them apart.
It's not just Aimee's and Camila's brands that are so similar. If you browse revolve in general you will find dupes of Aimee's brand easily.

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

Alyia wrote:
n0seyneighbour wrote:

I see.. I feel like there are more skinny fat people on YT than there are fit people but we have different ways of looking at people's bodies..

Everyone's clothes look the same, idk how tmshe can proudly say she's been working hard bts to bring out the same copies of what everyone already has out.. Idk, I've been disappointed by Aimee.. She sold herself as someone who cares not only about the environment but also what she puts out but it turns out money rules everything

Sent by my nosey fingers

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”