FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Iris1969

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote: The chief executive of Ted Baker recently resigned because of similar allegations as well, it seems to be quite prevalent in the fashion industry. Well done to the girls who spoke out!
Off topic but does anyone else find Topshop and other mid range high street shops to be a bit rubbish anyway? Although a lot of influencers can make the clothes look good for a photo, I'm always disappointed when I see them myself in the store or try them on.
It's a similar situation with Zara, H&M & River Island :/ I truly believe Josie wouldn't wear Topshop if she wasn't an ambassador for them.
Totally! I sometimes pop in in one of those shops just for fun and I look for the clothes that Josie, Freddy or Emma showed us and they are not at all what they look like in their pictures. They are cheaply made and the fit is just awful :o.

Post by Guest »

Irisdelete969 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:11 am
steeviebass wrote: The chief executive of Ted Baker recently resigned because of similar allegations as well, it seems to be quite prevalent in the fashion industry. Well done to the girls who spoke out!
Off topic but does anyone else find Topshop and other mid range high street shops to be a bit rubbish anyway? Although a lot of influencers can make the clothes look good for a photo, I'm always disappointed when I see them myself in the store or try them on.
It's a similar situation with Zara, H&M & River Island :/ I truly believe Josie wouldn't wear Topshop if she wasn't an ambassador for them.
Totally! I sometimes pop in in one of those shops just for fun and I look for the clothes that Josie, Freddy or Emma showed us and they are not at all what they look like in their pictures. They are cheaply made and the fit is just awful :o.
I'm glad I aren't the only one who thinks this! All the clothes I've ever had from Topshop has been shoddy with toggles and buttons falling off after a couple of weeks. They wash awfully too, I had a jumper from h&m wish lasted one wear because it came out of the washing machine looking like a 2 year old's!! :rofl:
No influencer on this earth could ever influence me to shop there again!!

Leii
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Leii »

And the prices are not low!!! Especially at River Island, Zara and Topshop! 30€ for a top that will fall apart after wearing it 2 times, really??
Not that she would not wear it, she didn‘t even pay for the stuff, she got it all for free! And what is with her and her obsession with wicker bags?! How many same bags can one person have?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Leii wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 am
And the prices are not low!!! Especially at River Island, Zara and Topshop! 30€ for a top that will fall apart after wearing it 2 times, really??
Not that she would not wear it, she didn‘t even pay for the stuff, she got it all for free! And what is with her and her obsession with wicker bags?! How many same bags can one person have?!

I totally agree! Zara in particular is such an overrated, overpriced shop.
I've just checked out Josie's feedback on depop and it seems like she's been selling stained clothing - or taking people's money and not sending the item!
IMG_20190625_134844.jpg
She was probably travelling a lot and forgot, but why not let the girl know? She's always got her phone on her hand so there's no chance she's missed the messages, I'd have been furious 😂😬
That dirty blouse is just grim 😷
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

I've just watched her latest video in which she showed how she plans her outfits for her upcoming trip to Ibiza and although I understand that as an influencer she has to coordinate her outfits in advance so they look perfect on the Gram, it also made me realize once again what a shallow, uptight, boring perfectionist she really is. There isn't an ounce of spontaneity left in that girl at all :?.

Post by Guest »

Iris1969 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:57 am
I've just watched her latest video in which she showed how she plans her outfits for her upcoming trip to Ibiza and although I understand that as an influencer she has to coordinate her outfits in advance so they look perfect on the Gram, it also made me realize once again what a shallow, uptight, boring perfectionist she really is. There isn't an ounce of spontaneity left in that girl at all :?.
I thought the same, it was especially annoying when she was deciding which accessories to wear with a white dress when they all look exactly the same anyway :roll: I can't imagine taking photos of myself in every outfit before going on holiday, I just choose things I can mix and match and work it out when I'm there - I'd rather not worry about if my shell earrings clash with the shells on my bag 🤦🏼‍♀️
I'm surprised she kept in the bit of the Topshop necklace breaking as she's always promoting them for their top quality 😅😬 Awkward!
The way every part of an influencers life revolves around getting the next Instagram photo is really quite depressing! The pressure must be immense.

esteeflwrpot
Talker
Talker

Post by esteeflwrpot »

I'm a big fan of hers and i'm just sitting here shocked reading what you're all saying about her. I've never heard of this ebay thing.. I admit i've been busy and unable to watch her videos recently but i'm catching up. I don't know how I got to this page about her (i'm always in the GlamLifeGuru trashing threads) and i'm really disheartened to read all this because she seems like a wonderful girl to me and I love her videos. Can someone please direct me to this ebay page so I can see this all for myself?

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

esteeflwrpot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 pm
I'm a big fan of hers and i'm just sitting here shocked reading what you're all saying about her. I've never heard of this ebay thing.. I admit i've been busy and unable to watch her videos recently but i'm catching up. I don't know how I got to this page about her (i'm always in the GlamLifeGuru trashing threads) and i'm really disheartened to read all this because she seems like a wonderful girl to me and I love her videos. Can someone please direct me to this ebay page so I can see this all for myself?
The ‘wonderful girl’ who constantly slates people for using single use coffee cups yet always uses her plastic pod coffee machine, lives off fast fashion and over the top consumerism, drives everywhere and buys a a spare property in the middle of a housing crisis....

Post by Guest »

esteeflwrpot wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 pm
I used to be a massive fan of Josie until all her scams started to unravel :(
She's deleted the Zimmerman dupes video because so many people realised that the eBay shop belonged to her mum. The video was inundated with comments calling her out and I don't think she could keep up with moderating them so in the end she just removed it. The eBay shop is still up but the dresses have been reduced to £60 (which is still 3x the price as what they sell for on Ali express) The shop name is 'Lizbeth1'. If you search into eBay 'fabulously feminine' its the first result. (A peach dress) These are the dresses Josie was showing off in her video and left links to a mysterious eBay shop.. Go on the 'about the seller' then 'legal info' and you'll find Josie's mum's personal info including phone number and email address.
There's no doubt in my mind that it's her mum, I saved the phone number to my phone to see if there was a profile photo on WhatsApp and it's a photo of Elaine's spaniel who regularly used to feature in Josie's vlogs. The email address listed is ladylarge@something and Josie calls her mother 'lala'.
The comments were even taking over her Instagram at one point but she just deleted them all and acted like nothing had happened. I unsubscribed after that but I still flick through her uploads and the sickly sweet voice and smile I used to look forward to watching turns my stomach now :rofl:

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

We understand how you feel because we were all fooled by her sweet persona, but the Ebay scam isn't the only immoral thing she did:

- She stole video content (word for word!) from a girl named Rachel twice.
- She is one of the few influencers left who refuses to disclose that she was gifted all these ridiculously expensive dresses by Ned a Porter and other brands (Reiss, Ted Baker etc.) in her description box.
- She is a huge hypocrite, because she promotes "buy less but better", while she simultaneously also promotes fast fashion brands like River Island and Topshop as their ambassador.
- There is prove that both Charlie and her bought followers in the past.
- And she lies constantly about everything to make things seem nicer than they are (but that is what all influencers do I'm afraid :?).

Ftuiokhfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ftuiokhfr »

steeviebass wrote:
esteeflwrpot wrote: I'm a big fan of hers and i'm just sitting here shocked reading what you're all saying about her. I've never heard of this ebay thing.. I admit i've been busy and unable to watch her videos recently but i'm catching up. I don't know how I got to this page about her (i'm always in the GlamLifeGuru trashing threads) and i'm really disheartened to read all this because she seems like a wonderful girl to me and I love her videos. Can someone please direct me to this ebay page so I can see this all for myself?
I used to be a massive fan of Josie until all her scams started to unravel :(
She's deleted the Zimmerman dupes video because so many people realised that the eBay shop belonged to her mum. The video was inundated with comments calling her out and I don't think she could keep up with moderating them so in the end she just removed it. The eBay shop is still up but the dresses have been reduced to £60 (which is still 3x the price as what they sell for on Ali express) The shop name is 'Lizbeth1'. If you search into eBay 'fabulously feminine' its the first result. (A peach dress) These are the dresses Josie was showing off in her video and left links to a mysterious eBay shop.. Go on the 'about the seller' then 'legal info' and you'll find Josie's mum's personal info including phone number and email address.
There's no doubt in my mind that it's her mum, I saved the phone number to my phone to see if there was a profile photo on WhatsApp and it's a photo of Elaine's spaniel who regularly used to feature in Josie's vlogs. The email address listed is ladylarge@something and Josie calls her mother 'lala'.
The comments were even taking over her Instagram at one point but she just deleted them all and acted like nothing had happened. I unsubscribed after that but I still flick through her uploads and the sickly sweet voice and smile I used to look forward to watching turns my stomach now :rofl:

I think it was also the way she went about it that really annoyed people. The eBay page is heavily disguised so on first look, you wouldn’t know it is run by josie/her mum. Josie also doesn’t say anything in the video to explain she is affiliated to the eBay account, so it comes across as so sneaky and underhand - I thought it was so strange for her to be recommending some random eBay account on her channel which is why I looked into it, nothing about it added up when you see all her previous videos pushing high end stores and websites. But if you google Elaine Fear (the name on the eBay page in the legal info), her mum’s twitter page is one of top results. Josie should just have been honest and said something to explain her connection to the account. But then lots of other people were also annoyed that the same dresses were being sold on other sites for around £20 (josie and her mum were selling them for £100+).

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

It was a scam to make money but when she was outed in the comment section she took the video down and claimed that there was something wrong with the editing and that she would re-upload it soon.

She probably hoped that her followers would forget about it, but when they kept on asking about it she played the victim by claiming she was trolled, so she couldn't re-upload the video and her gullible followers fell for it it hook, line and sinker, so she got away with her deceit once again :?.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

I wonder why she keeps herself on this tight schedule of 3 videos a week when she hardly ever has any new or inspiring content and it seems to make no difference on her number of subscribers whatsoever :?.

She might as well give it up and become as lazy as Freddy is, because Freddy is doing just fine with only one video a week and sometimes even less or maybe it's just Josie's way of cramming as much sponsorships and collaborations with brands in her videos as possible, so she can make a lot of money out of them 8-).

Post by Guest »

Iris1969 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:11 am
I wonder why she keeps herself on this tight schedule of 3 videos a week when she hardly ever has any new or inspiring content and it seems to make no difference on her number of subscribers whatsoever :?.

She might as well give it up and become as lazy as Freddy is, because Freddy is doing just fine with only one video a week and sometimes even less or maybe it's just Josie's way of cramming as much sponsorships and collaborations with brands in her videos as possible, so she can make a lot of money out of them 8-).
I was just thinking the same, Freddy seems to be doing well coasting by on one video a week! She has so many more subs and followers than Josie even though their styles are so similar. I bet it annoys Josie as she grinds so hard but doesn't get as many views/comments/likes as lazy Freddy..
Same thing with Charlie, he has very minimal views on his YouTube and his social blade is absolutely dire, he loses an average of 750 followers a month! Probably Instagram removing all the fakes he used to buy!
IMG_20190709_164725.jpg
I would be considering another career path if I were him ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote:
Irisdelete969 wrote:

I was just thinking the same, Freddy seems to be doing well coasting by on one video a week! She has so many more subs and followers than Josie even though their styles are so similar. I bet it annoys Josie as she grinds so hard but doesn't get as many views/comments/likes as lazy Freddy..
Same thing with Charlie, he has very minimal views on his YouTube and his social blade is absolutely dire, he loses an average of 750 followers a month! Probably Instagram removing all the fakes he used to buy! IMG_20190709_164725.jpg
That would mean admitting that he was wrong about something and that he isn't as great as he thinks he is. Do you see him doing that any time soon? :lol:

Post by Guest »

Irisdelete969 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:56 am
steeviebass wrote:
Irisdelete969 wrote:

Same thing with Charlie, he has very minimal views on his YouTube and his social blade is absolutely dire, he loses an average of 750 followers a month! Probably Instagram removing all the fakes he used to buy! IMG_20190709_164725.jpg
That would mean admitting that he was wrong about something and that he isn't as great as he thinks he is. Do you see him doing that any time soon? :lol:
Something tells me that's not very likely :lol:

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

The Ibiza vlog, lol at her being photograph in the sun with her hand always on her eyes, maybe she should look for better sunglasses, the other half pictures she always playing with her hair... I cringe so hard at her posing. Seems like she fake drinking that cocktail for hours.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Somebody has to bring in the money right? lol esp now they have two properties two dogs and a lavish wedding coming up!

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

Is she ever going to get married? Or was this whole thing just to pacify josie and for fake engagement?

esteeflwrpot
Talker
Talker

Post by esteeflwrpot »

hana.bananals wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:26 am
Is she ever going to get married? Or was this whole thing just to pacify josie and for fake engagement?
They did work with De Beers and thats when he got the ring and proposed- i'm sure at a great discount.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”